Jump to content

[WIP] Skykids - Child races & other technical goodies - No more armor patcher! New CotS R2 Race!(6/22/15)


Recommended Posts

Posted

 

I would still like  everyone to keep in mind that age is going to be a factor in terms of design, For example, given his backstory, I reallly felt that Blaise should have been depicted as older. 14-15 ideally. I'm a stickler for immersion and consistency and I really can't abide the idea of someone younger than 13 working as a stable hand, it's not feasible.

 

Back to the drawing board. My main take aways would be again, even more diminutive, and larger spacing, I've just got to find a sweet spot. 

 

 

Snake, I understand your thinking, but if it helps, look at it another way.  Blaise was taken in when nobody else wanted him.  He's obviously not a member of the family.  They just saw an opportunity for cheap labor, so although he'd struggle at it, I see no reason why they wouldn't but him to work in the stables.  Also, this is basically an old world feudal society.  Life was harsh.  Quality of life low.  Kids (at least the girls) would be getting married off at 12 or 13, so working as a stable hand at that age doesn't seem so far fetched.

Posted

I find it odd that Falkreath has no kids, it has the biggest graveyard and not an orphanage in sight.

 

Edit:

Plus the Yarl is a bit of a playboy so why he hasn't got a few bastards running around is I'll never know.

Posted

 

I'd like to see some CK support, specifically the lip colour being on the forehead.

That unfortunately is an issue with the CK(mainly it being a piece of shit). It cant handle tintmasks above the vanilla 256x256, the solution to this is to export via CGE instead. Its either this, or be limited to god awful 256x256 tintmasks.

 

@JerWA

I know it would be a huge project; thats why its a 'wish' rather than 'to-do' list. The PSA and the various setscale commands/mods break way too much stuff for me to desire to use them.

But this has got me thinking... maybe piggy-backing off of the Moonlight Tales system could let us have SK sized were-wolves... but that would introduce a dependency which is something the project has avoided.  I'll take a look at their system see if it has expansion slots for more WW shapes.

What issues do you have with PSA? I have had no difficulty with it outside of initial chargen(a subject that was addressed in the FAQ in the OP).

 

I have not had a chance for an actual play-through in a long time, so my comment is based on earlier height adjuster mods (and the console commands) that didn't allow independent scale factors. So you'd end up having weaker attacks, unrealistically slower movement, (and with the mods i had installed at the time, a 100% change to get decapitated vs. anyone with a 2h-axe because of the height difference).  If you say PSA works with some tweaking, I'll give it a try; I didn't have a need for it yet since I like the default speed and jump for SK.

 

But my wish for SK'ifyed WW's and VL's remains. Even at a shorter height, I think having a kid transform into a hulking muscle mass would break immersion for me.

Posted

 

 

I would still like  everyone to keep in mind that age is going to be a factor in terms of design, For example, given his backstory, I reallly felt that Blaise should have been depicted as older. 14-15 ideally. I'm a stickler for immersion and consistency and I really can't abide the idea of someone younger than 13 working as a stable hand, it's not feasible.

 

Back to the drawing board. My main take aways would be again, even more diminutive, and larger spacing, I've just got to find a sweet spot. 

 

 

Snake, I understand your thinking, but if it helps, look at it another way.  Blaise was taken in when nobody else wanted him.  He's obviously not a member of the family.  They just saw an opportunity for cheap labor, so although he'd struggle at it, I see no reason why they wouldn't but him to work in the stables.  Also, this is basically an old world feudal society.  Life was harsh.  Quality of life low.  Kids (at least the girls) would be getting married off at 12 or 13, so working as a stable hand at that age doesn't seem so far fetched.

 

I wouldn't go throwing it away, we need some bad guys.

Posted

@SolidSnakeFH

I like Francois, very nice progression there.  On Skuli, I think there's a bit much on the face-height slider.

Have you experimented with the sliders in the extra menu, the ones attached to race morphs? Sliding the one that matches the character's race to a slight negative value produces softer, more rounded features without too much complication.

 

Edit: I agree with your point on the age-scale. In my mind, there can't just be a kid-adult dichotomy, there has to be some transition. Thats what I've had in the back of my mind while working on Frothar. Some of the 'kids' in the game are clearly (or should be) older.

 

Teens are on the list... so eventually we can have that diversity in age.

 

@kyods

The eyes thing is such a hard balance to make; there's a fine line on almost all of the eye sliders between 'normal' and 'kicked in the face, her eyes go crossed' [National Lampoon Christmas Vacation reference].

 

I'm proud of Frankie, I think he came out pretty cute. I may have subconsciously modeled him after my boyfriend when he was younger.  You're totally right about Skuli, another one of those "should-be-older" kids.  I'll try snubbing the face down and reducing the slider. To answer your question; I had tried the race morph sliders, but I didn't like them because they too broadly influenced the faces, but I should probably take advantage of every resource available to me and explore a little bit more with them.

 

Your comment to Kyods resonates with me quite a bit. The eyes and nose are a difficult balancing act. It's also crippling that unlike the adults I can't manipulate the wideness of the nose tips. Thanks again for the great criticism and support.  

 

 

 

I would still like  everyone to keep in mind that age is going to be a factor in terms of design, For example, given his backstory, I reallly felt that Blaise should have been depicted as older. 14-15 ideally. I'm a stickler for immersion and consistency and I really can't abide the idea of someone younger than 13 working as a stable hand, it's not feasible.

 

Back to the drawing board. My main take aways would be again, even more diminutive, and larger spacing, I've just got to find a sweet spot. 

 

 

Snake, I understand your thinking, but if it helps, look at it another way.  Blaise was taken in when nobody else wanted him.  He's obviously not a member of the family.  They just saw an opportunity for cheap labor, so although he'd struggle at it, I see no reason why they wouldn't but him to work in the stables.  Also, this is basically an old world feudal society.  Life was harsh.  Quality of life low.  Kids (at least the girls) would be getting married off at 12 or 13, so working as a stable hand at that age doesn't seem so far fetched.

 

 

 

You have a point, but it's one I do take that into account. To reiterate, it isn't feasible unless the tasks they had him do were a pittance that they didn't even care about (In that case, why bother having him do it in the first place). A 15 year old would have a lot of trouble doing something like saddling a bronco, let alone shoeing one, bailing any substantial amount of hay, or any of the myriad more mundane tasks that require either a strong arm, a keen eye or both. Someone 13 or under? It's not happening.  The harshness of those times is what makes the implausibility so stark. It's not pragmatic to let a kid handle those tasks, they'd waste resources and time.  

 

lol, I do appreciate you taking the time to assuage my sense of consistency, though. I probably give it too much thought, but I've had to since trying to design them.

 

It's crazy the kind of things you start thinking about. Like the reason I kept all the Honorhall boys hair short. It just seems to me that the staff wouldn't be up to dealing with lice. I can't picture Grelod giving enough of a shit to wash those kids consistently, but I certainly don't think that she'd let them have lice and sleep in the room next to hers. The compromise? She'd shave 'em as was standard practice back in the day. Sparing the girls the blade to keep them "proper ladies". I'm sure the gender rigidity was strong over there.

Posted

 

It's crazy the kind of things you start thinking about. Like the reason I kept all the Honorhall boys hair short. It just seems to me that the staff wouldn't be up to dealing with lice. I can't picture Grelod giving enough of a shit to wash those kids consistently, but I certainly don't think that she'd let them have lice and sleep in the room next to hers. The compromise? She'd shave 'em as was standard practice back in the day. Sparing the girls the blade to keep them "proper ladies". I'm sure the gender rigidity was strong over there.

 

 

Really love the amount of thought you put into that.  I also love to immerse myself into these types of games.  I think that's why I have a slight problem with SK, despite how well it's being implemented.  With Cots you had the feeling (even if it was achieved with a breast slider to achieve more advanced secondary sexual characteristics, which make some people (not me) feel a bit hinky) that your kids were at least pubescent, that they were beginning to mature and subsequently more mentally and physically capable of taking up a sword or axe or book of spells and venture into some forgotten dungeon to do battle with the forces of evil.  With the SK's being so obviously pre-pubescent, I find myself having to invent some sort of magical backstory to explain, if just to myself, how they would be capable of doing these things.  Swords are heavy after all.  Armor is heavy.  Putting an 11 year old in a full set of steel plate, with a sword and a shield and a pack of needed gear... he wouldn't last long at all.  Ok, I realize that a 13 year old wouldn't fare much better, but in my mind it's easier to explain.

Posted

 

 

It's crazy the kind of things you start thinking about. Like the reason I kept all the Honorhall boys hair short. It just seems to me that the staff wouldn't be up to dealing with lice. I can't picture Grelod giving enough of a shit to wash those kids consistently, but I certainly don't think that she'd let them have lice and sleep in the room next to hers. The compromise? She'd shave 'em as was standard practice back in the day. Sparing the girls the blade to keep them "proper ladies". I'm sure the gender rigidity was strong over there.

 

 

Really love the amount of thought you put into that.  I also love to immerse myself into these types of games.  I think that's why I have a slight problem with SK, despite how well it's being implemented.  With Cots you had the feeling (even if it was achieved with a breast slider to achieve more advanced secondary sexual characteristics, which make some people (not me) feel a bit hinky) that your kids were at least pubescent, that they were beginning to mature and subsequently more mentally and physically capable of taking up a sword or axe or book of spells and venture into some forgotten dungeon to do battle with the forces of evil.  With the SK's being so obviously pre-pubescent, I find myself having to invent some sort of magical backstory to explain, if just to myself, how they would be capable of doing these things.  Swords are heavy after all.  Armor is heavy.  Putting an 11 year old in a full set of steel plate, with a sword and a shield and a pack of needed gear... he wouldn't last long at all.  Ok, I realize that a 13 year old wouldn't fare much better, but in my mind it's easier to explain.

 

 

I think I understand how you feel, after all, everyone has a certain point where their suspension of disbelief is taxed and it's not so much a line as it is an undulating wave. Your particular gripe, I don't have too much of a problem with because in TES there's so much enchanted equipment and so many special, ancient bloodlines rolling around in the mythology that it's not really so difficult to imagine that these things strengthen the children. After all if an enchanted ring of feather allows you to lift more, couldn't you argue it gives you super strength? And I know for a fact that children can learn magic, I've overheard conversations to that effect.

 

I'm with you and agree that I don't really have a problem with the depiction of nude pubescent or prepubescent children specially in fictional art. I'm always a little puzzled as to why people would get all uncomfortable and flustered about that, unless it provokes some kind of reaction in themselves that they can't reconcile with their worldview or morals. I think the human body is beautiful at all stages and being puritanical about nudity seems like a bigger perversion to me than anything else. 

 

I looked into COTS and on the surface it looks great, but this thread has convinced me to stay away because of broken implementation. I trust en_hawk and the others to complete their work, they all seem passionate and invested, to that end I'll plant my flag here and help however I can. 

Posted

I have a working patch for Skyrim Hair Physics Project if anyone would like to test it and make sure it doesn't light you or your game on fire or anything.

 

This requires SKSE.

 

PS: As usual when I post things like this, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. If you have a save game with 350 hours of play into it, don't be changing things around haha. Also if you just want a nice, vetted version just wait for an official one to show up in the first post. If, on the other hand, you're looking for a reason to start your 1,811th character... join the fun!

 

To use this make any non-beast character and go to the last hair option (it should be a pony tail). That is the only supported hair style at the moment.

 

For BOSS: ADD - SK-Azar Hair.esp, AFTER - AzarHairPonyTail03 - Havok.esp

 

Patch v001 - Initial release

If you downloaded this please check your \data\SKSE\Plugins folder for hdtPhysicsExtensions.log and delete it.

To upgrade: Delete the ESP and download from the link below. The DLL hasn't changed, you do not need to download it again.

 

Patch v002 - MEGA 1.8MB (Optional update, see description)

Added the DLL and XML file to avoid a tremendous amount of errors in the logs and to make install easier.

If you're feeling advanced you can skip this update by grabbing the XML file HERE and placing it in \Data\SKSE\Plugins as that's the only real change.

 

If anyone runs into any issues let me know. I didn't see anything game breaking besides some odd havok behavior but... it's havok, so that's normal.

Posted

I looked into COTS and on the surface it looks great, but this thread has convinced me to stay away because of broken implementation. I trust en_hawk and the others to complete their work, they all seem passionate and invested, to that end I'll plant my flag here and help however I can.

I don't really have a huge problem with CotS from an aesthetic point of view(barring the overly skimpy outfits), however from a technical standpoint its just awful. If you're particularly attached to it, you might be in luck, at some point in the future I intend to 'port' it over as an SK addon. The port would be a ground up rebuild that is only comparable at a visual level, so you would have none of the technical issues of the original mod. Admittedly that's going to be a ways off, but its still on my todo list somewhere...

 

On another note, I have some CGE presets I've been meaning to share to possibly assist users in the development of NPC faces. I've been meaning to ask you Snake, are you using CGE for your faces?

Posted

 

I looked into COTS and on the surface it looks great, but this thread has convinced me to stay away because of broken implementation. I trust en_hawk and the others to complete their work, they all seem passionate and invested, to that end I'll plant my flag here and help however I can.

I don't really have a huge problem with CotS from an aesthetic point of view(barring the overly skimpy outfits), however from a technical standpoint its just awful. If you're particularly attached to it, you might be in luck, at some point in the future I intend to 'port' it over as an SK addon. The port would be a ground up rebuild that is only comparable at a visual level, so you would have none of the technical issues of the original mod. Admittedly that's going to be a ways off, but its still on my todo list somewhere...

 

On another note, I have some CGE presets I've been meaning to share to possibly assist users in the development of NPC faces. I've been meaning to ask you Snake, are you using CGE for your faces?

 

 

CharGen extension, as per your specifications, yes. A couple of pages ago, Rez presented his first draft of Aventus and I've been using the organization of his .rar file to prepare my own archives. Including CharGen .dds, .nif files and the presets (My understanding being the presets are the most necessary). I haven't uploaded them yet, because I'm not done fine tuning the boy's faces. 

 

I was planning on putting them up again once I get some consensus from other collaborators as to their quality. 

Posted

2 minor glitches.  First of all, getting on the carriage to do the Diplomatic Immunity quest results in your character "growing taller".  Saving and reloading the game after you get your equipment from Malborn fixes this, though.  Secondly, eyes are slightly below the eye holes of the Stalhrim Heavy Helmet.  This can be adjusted by adjusting your character's face, but the Breton default face does have this issue.

 

Also, could someone remove the pants of this mod's version of the female Jester outfit (I don't really care for the vanilla adult version), as to make it look closer to http://moe.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/8744-1461108123.jpg ?  Obviously, it won't be exact, but close enough.

Posted

The scale changing isn't a glitch, it's one of the "features" of the game engine. There are many places it will happen because there is an interaction scale set on the object itself, forcing you to rescale if you interact with the object. This mod is currently the best "fix." It will stop all scaling but will cause some clipping and/or floating depending on the situation.

Posted

Ironically, scale changing does not happen when I want it to, such as using enchanters or alchemy labs.  It only happened during Diplomatic Immunity, and I don't mean the action of getting on the carriage as that still resulted in clipping.  I meant after you get on the carriage, the scene would turn to the Thalmor Embassy with you, Razelan, and a Thalmor guard.  And that is when the scale changing happened, after you got off the carriage.  However, I thought that the source of the scale changing was you getting on, but you don't actually see the results until you get off.

Posted

Hi Folks,

 

this will be my 1st Post in here, so please be patient ;-)

 

First of all, a very good work those SkyKids!

And as I guess, lots of work ...

 

But I am totally new to modding Skyrim, so a few (surely noob) questions had come in mind.

I will be glad for a huge punch into the right direction :-)

 

1.) ChildReplacer does not work for me.

 

I followed the instuctions in the first post step-by-step (including BOSS which sounds no longer like magic to me). It seems to work, except the vanilla child replacer. If I understood right, it should also replace the male default childs. I am interested to get them replaced by nude males too.

 

I am running skyrim (patch 1.9.32.0.8 SKSE 1.6.16 rel 44) with the following DLCs and mods (List from BOSS):

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
OblivionHairPackAIO.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
MFVM.esm
Skykids.esm
SK Monli Race.esm
SK Drow Child Race.esm
monli preset1.esp
monli preset2.esp
monli preset3.esp
SK Vanilla Child Replacer.esp
The Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.esp
SK Lolydia.esp
SK Drow Taldyn.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
AFT_NoFriendlySpellDamage.esp
SK Child Armor Swapper.esp
follower voices revert.esp
CharacterMakingExtender.esp
EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp

Earlier in this thread there were posts containing "replacement Archives" for male and female childs.

I like to apply them to the game, but have absolutely no clue how (MO and Wyre sounds like magic...)

 

Maybe someone helps me gaining some Wisdom-Skill points ;-)

 

Greetings

Tam

 

P.S.: how can I post "Spoilers", so one can expand and collape such things liek my list above ?

Posted

Would anyone know if anyone has made any armor mods for Skykids? Also I have a little problem with the Drow child addon. In the character creation screen there are 2 listings for Drwo children, one of them loads fine but the other makes the game crash.

Posted

Hi Emprah,

 

I do only have 1 drow child and one dark-elf child in a frech and clean SK install.

Do you have any other Race-Mods, or had them ?

Maybe it is a "left-over" from another mod ...

 

Greets

Tam

Posted

TamAmaruk, you are missing the alternate male body.  The default meshes include an option for girls to be nude, but not boys.  You have to use the older Alternate male body patch in order to have a nude option for boys.  As I understand it, integrating that feature into the normal mod is on their to-do list.  Also, MO is actually really easy to use once you get the hang of it.  I had much more trouble with BOSS.  MO makes all this *so* much easier.  You can add and remove mods without having to worry about overwriting your vanilla files.  It's a definite headache reducer.

Posted

Hi Emprah,

 

I do only have 1 drow child and one dark-elf child in a frech and clean SK install.

Do you have any other Race-Mods, or had them ?

Maybe it is a "left-over" from another mod ...

 

Greets

Tam

 

I did it on a fresh install of Skyrim. I installed the Drow race and then all the needed files for Skykids and then Skykids itself and the drow child addon. I've done it twice and it still happens. I'm going to hold off on the drow for now.

 

If only I knew how to make a NPC follower.

 

Posted

TamAmaruk, you are missing the alternate male body.  The default meshes include an option for girls to be nude, but not boys.  You have to use the older Alternate male body patch in order to have a nude option for boys.  As I understand it, integrating that feature into the normal mod is on their to-do list.  Also, MO is actually really easy to use once you get the hang of it.  I had much more trouble with BOSS.  MO makes all this *so* much easier.  You can add and remove mods without having to worry about overwriting your vanilla files.  It's a definite headache reducer.

 

Hi User13,

 

I also merged the alternative male body (yes also the nude version), but the only nude boy is my character. The NPC boys does not seem to be affected. As I understood, that should be done with the vanilla child replacer ?

 

Until now I only know BOSS. Can you please point me to MO (download or similar) ?

The Search-Function turns out useless due to too many hits...

 

Also another question:

I have also the "childs can wear everything"-mod. But somehow the neck has a big gap within the texture when giving my follower boys e.g. a hide armor.

 

Is there any other way to equip the child followers with nice armor? Also to mention, thar I use the AFT.

I also tried to get a refID for Aki's pants and Gareth armor. They seem to be "seamless and gapless" on my child followers.

 

But I would like Gareth armor be more skin-free like the usual hide armor. To do this I am looking for a download of the CK (I am no steam user, have the full-DVD-hardware package...). Maybe someone can point me to a download or so? Google always shows results with "download from steam"...

 

Many thanks again.

 

Greetings

Tam

Posted

 

TamAmaruk, you are missing the alternate male body.  The default meshes include an option for girls to be nude, but not boys.  You have to use the older Alternate male body patch in order to have a nude option for boys.  As I understand it, integrating that feature into the normal mod is on their to-do list.  Also, MO is actually really easy to use once you get the hang of it.  I had much more trouble with BOSS.  MO makes all this *so* much easier.  You can add and remove mods without having to worry about overwriting your vanilla files.  It's a definite headache reducer.

 

Hi User13,

 

I also merged the alternative male body (yes also the nude version), but the only nude boy is my character. The NPC boys does not seem to be affected. As I understood, that should be done with the vanilla child replacer ?

 

Until now I only know BOSS. Can you please point me to MO (download or similar) ?

The Search-Function turns out useless due to too many hits...

 

Also another question:

I have also the "childs can wear everything"-mod. But somehow the neck has a big gap within the texture when giving my follower boys e.g. a hide armor.

 

Is there any other way to equip the child followers with nice armor? Also to mention, thar I use the AFT.

I also tried to get a refID for Aki's pants and Gareth armor. They seem to be "seamless and gapless" on my child followers.

 

But I would like Gareth armor be more skin-free like the usual hide armor. To do this I am looking for a download of the CK (I am no steam user, have the full-DVD-hardware package...). Maybe someone can point me to a download or so? Google always shows results with "download from steam"...

 

Many thanks again.

 

Greetings

Tam

 

 

Tam, here is the link for MO.  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/?  The gap around the neck, as I understand it, is being looked at by Hawk.  The nude portion of the alternate male body means when you remove the clothes from your own boy toon, he'll be nude.  The other boys in the game will be wearing clothes, but will be nude if you remove their clothing.  They don't come nude.  To remove clothing, or any other item from an NPC, go into your console using ~ then make sure you have the NPC targeted and type 'showinventory'.  That will list everything they own.  Identify the piece you want to remove (it usually says something like 'outfit' or 'clothes' or 'shoes' so you can differentiate between them, and type removeitem 000695c1 1 (or whatever the number is).  The 1 after the space is the number of that item you want to remove, so for clothing it's always 1.  I've run into a couple of times where that didn't seem to do anything, but 95% of the time that will remove the clothes from the npc.  If you have the nude portion of the alternate male body installed, then they will now be nude.  Sometimes, after some time has passed they will put their clothes back on, but you can just repeat the process.

 

Posted

Quote

Tam, here is the link for MO.  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/? 

 

Thanks alot. I will download and install that.

 

 

The gap around the neck, as I understand it, is being looked at by Hawk. 

 

Good to know. Must have missed that when browsing through this thread.

 

 

The nude portion of the alternate male body means when you remove the clothes from your own boy toon, he'll be nude.  The other boys in the game will be wearing clothes, but will be nude if you remove their clothing.  They don't come nude. 

 

I have figured that out so far... and so it should be. But they are not nude (see below).

 

 

To remove clothing, or any other item from an NPC, go into your console using ~ then make sure you have the NPC targeted and type 'showinventory'.  That will list everything they own.  Identify the piece you want to remove (it usually says something like 'outfit' or 'clothes' or 'shoes' so you can differentiate between them, and type removeitem 000695c1 1 (or whatever the number is).  The 1 after the space is the number of that item you want to remove, so for clothing it's always 1.  I've run into a couple of times where that didn't seem to do anything, but 95% of the time that will remove the clothes from the npc.  If you have the nude portion of the alternate male body installed, then they will now be nude.  Sometimes, after some time has passed they will put their clothes back on, but you can just repeat the process.

 

I use the AFT for managing their clothing. If I take away all their cloth, they still will show the ugly mesh from vanilla with the unterwear...

Tomorrow I will give it a try with the console. But I assume that will not make any difference. :-(

 

Meanwhile I tried the RCOTS (Races and Friendly Children) in addition to SK. That makes the NPC boys nude but has strange skin color effects (head darker than upper body, handy, ...) while the SK-Boys are really cute.

 

I for myself cannot get CK up and running (do not even have the install files). May anyone who has enough "skill-points" ;-) do me a favor and create a "pants-only" armor for those boys? Or maybe simply modify Gareth's armor to have only the lower-body part and the thick leather stripes across the upper body? I am willing to repay with help and posts as far as I can... ;)

 

So, last long post for today...

 

Thanks in advande and for patience

Tam

Posted

I see that you also made Nocturnal's Clothes compatible for this, but Nocturnal's Hood (called Nocturnal's Hat) still causes clipping with the hair and head when you wear it.  Regardless, what is the best mod to actually make them playable outside of using the console?  I found this mod.  Is this the best one out there?  Also, you said that the Armor Patcher must be run for every clothing mod.  However, the Nocturnal Robe mod does not actually add any new clothing, it just makes one that has been there long since the first time that the Armor Patcher was run playable.  Should I run the Armor Patcher again for this?

Posted

 

Hi Emprah,

 

I do only have 1 drow child and one dark-elf child in a frech and clean SK install.

Do you have any other Race-Mods, or had them ?

Maybe it is a "left-over" from another mod ...

 

Greets

Tam

 

I did it on a fresh install of Skyrim. I installed the Drow race and then all the needed files for Skykids and then Skykids itself and the drow child addon. I've done it twice and it still happens. I'm going to hold off on the drow for now.

 

If only I knew how to make a NPC follower.

 

Which drow race outside of SK are you using? I'm 99% 100% sure that's the issue.

 

I also merged the alternative male body (yes also the nude version), but the only nude boy is my character. The NPC boys does not seem to be affected. As I understood, that should be done with the vanilla child replacer ?

The male NPC replacer is NOT included in the main release in the OP, as should have been stated numerous times. There is a beta release here that you can try in the meantime.

 

Until now I only know BOSS. Can you please point me to MO (download or similar) ?

The Search-Function turns out useless due to too many hits...

I wouldn't mess with MO if you don't know what you're doing, and presently have a system that works for you.

 

Also another question:

I have also the "childs can wear everything"-mod. But somehow the neck has a big gap within the texture when giving my follower boys e.g. a hide armor.

Get rid of that, its not compatible and SK contains similar functionality out of the box.

 

I also noticed you have CME in your load order; there are plenty of explanations in the FAQ section of the OP as to why CME is crappy, use CGE along with its ECE morphs package instead(also grab the SK compatibility patch).

 

Unrelated to any of the above, I fixed the face tinting issue with the drow follower taldyn; just redownload the package for her(the whole file is only 156kb so I'm not making an incremental patch for it) and reinstall+overwrite, should fix it.

Posted

Hi en_hawk,

 

first of all: Thanks for the great work. *Thumbs up*

 

 
The male NPC replacer is NOT included in the main release in the OP, as should have been stated numerous times. There is a beta release here that you can try in the meantime.

 

Thanks for clarification and pointing to the right place.
Maybe I misunderstood the postings... thought it was one replacer instead of two...

English is not my native language, you know....

 

 

I wouldn't mess with MO if you don't know what you're doing, and presently have a system that works for you.

 

BOSS works just fine for me.

Nevertheless I will set up a "testing-environment" and try out MO to see if I like it more than BOSS...

I like learning ;-)

 

 

Also another question:
I have also the "childs can wear everything"-mod. But somehow the neck has a big gap within the texture when giving my follower boys e.g. a hide armor.

Get rid of that, its not compatible and SK contains similar functionality out of the box.

 

OK, thanks for pointing that out. So I will dump it.

But without that none of my child followers will put on the cloth / armor I gave them. Or do I need to start a new game ?

Note: I used the ArmorPatcher as instructed in the opening post.

Any idea what I did wrong or missed ?

 

I also noticed you have CME in your load order; there are plenty of explanations in the FAQ section of the OP as to why CME is crappy, use CGE along with its ECE morphs package instead(also grab the SK compatibility patch).

 

I haven't noticed. Thanks for pointing at it. Must be a remainder of my previous tests.

Dumped by now and replaced by CGE (with SK patch).

 

Many thanks for your answers.

 

Greetings

Tam

Posted

@TamAmaruk,

 

What followers are you using? If they are vanilla children you may need to take all their equipment and then resurrect or disable/enable them to make race changes take effect.

 

If they are custom followers SK is probably not doing anything for them and we might need to make a compatibility patch.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...