User13 Posted January 22, 2014 Posted January 22, 2014 Did you have it run BOSS GUI or BOSS? I don't want to run it cause I'd rather keep my load order intact, but I run BOSS GUI, normally a small windows appears, you tell it to run something, then it should open a browser window and tell you the results. I have the BOSS gui running. The small window does appear, and I've tried the Edit User Rules button and get the result I just explained. If I just hit Run BOSS, it says it's downloading a masterlist and then a browser opens with the following error - Firefox can't find the file at /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Data/Skyrim/BOSSlog.html. Of course, the boss log would actually be at C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/ModOrganizer/Mods/BOSS/Skyrim/BOSSlog.html, but I don't know how to tell it that.
bob11 Posted January 22, 2014 Posted January 22, 2014 Did you have it run BOSS GUI or BOSS? I don't want to run it cause I'd rather keep my load order intact, but I run BOSS GUI, normally a small windows appears, you tell it to run something, then it should open a browser window and tell you the results. I have the BOSS gui running. The small window does appear, and I've tried the Edit User Rules button and get the result I just explained. If I just hit Run BOSS, it says it's downloading a masterlist and then a browser opens with the following error - Firefox can't find the file at /C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Data/Skyrim/BOSSlog.html. Of course, the boss log would actually be at C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/ModOrganizer/Mods/BOSS/Skyrim/BOSSlog.html, but I don't know how to tell it that. Ok, I wouldn't know, I just tell it to Run Boss, and it opens the browser window afterwards normally. The only issue I can think of is that you have Steam and all your programs inside the Program Files folder. The Program Files folder is generally not an optimal place to put games and stuff in due to user restrictions and UAC. I can't think of anything else really.
User13 Posted January 23, 2014 Posted January 23, 2014 Ok, no idea what I did, but Skykids is now working. Had a few interesting moments whenever I tried to see what a girl Nord would look like, as it would CTD every time. I ended up making a boy Nord and everything is working. Mostly I am using the alternative boy model, and although it's unnecessary apparently for boys, I also have the nude patch. I mention this because my nord boy is wearing a full set of heavy imperial armor, and yet he appears naked. The only change is that his hair disappears when I put on the helmet, so I've left it off for now. When I arrived in Riverwood I went immediately to the blacksmith shop to sell the swag I'd collected off all those dead imperials. Met a girl there named Dorthe who has an amazing magic trick. One minute she's a flat chested little (nude) girl, and then she'll go to work on the grindstone or crafting table and grow about 2 feet, which makes me feel sorry for her cuz she's like 6 feet tall and still hasn't started puberty. I thought about asking her out, but her size intimidates me.
panthercom Posted January 23, 2014 Posted January 23, 2014 You need to download and run the armor patcher; this is NOT optional. Ok, no idea what I did, but Skykids is now working. Had a few interesting moments whenever I tried to see what a girl Nord would look like, as it would CTD every time. I ended up making a boy Nord and everything is working. Mostly I am using the alternative boy model, and although it's unnecessary apparently for boys, I also have the nude patch. I mention this because my nord boy is wearing a full set of heavy imperial armor, and yet he appears naked. The only change is that his hair disappears when I put on the helmet, so I've left it off for now. When I arrived in Riverwood I went immediately to the blacksmith shop to sell the swag I'd collected off all those dead imperials. Met a girl there named Dorthe who has an amazing magic trick. One minute she's a flat chested little (nude) girl, and then she'll go to work on the grindstone or crafting table and grow about 2 feet, which makes me feel sorry for her cuz she's like 6 feet tall and still hasn't started puberty. I thought about asking her out, but her size intimidates me.
JerWA Posted January 23, 2014 Posted January 23, 2014 download failing Triage process failing. Answer hazy, try again later. Or maybe just a detail or two. What download? From where? Failing how? Ok, no idea what I did, but Skykids is now working. Had a few interesting moments whenever I tried to see what a girl Nord would look like, as it would CTD every time. I ended up making a boy Nord and everything is working. Mostly I am using the alternative boy model, and although it's unnecessary apparently for boys, I also have the nude patch. I mention this because my nord boy is wearing a full set of heavy imperial armor, and yet he appears naked. The only change is that his hair disappears when I put on the helmet, so I've left it off for now. When I arrived in Riverwood I went immediately to the blacksmith shop to sell the swag I'd collected off all those dead imperials. Met a girl there named Dorthe who has an amazing magic trick. One minute she's a flat chested little (nude) girl, and then she'll go to work on the grindstone or crafting table and grow about 2 feet, which makes me feel sorry for her cuz she's like 6 feet tall and still hasn't started puberty. I thought about asking her out, but her size intimidates me. Actually it sounds a lot like Skykids is not working haha. CTD is probably a missing master. Do you have the racial compatibility mod installed? DLCs? (I imagine MO will indicate somewhere if a master is missing but again, no first hand experience.) The invisible armor thing is probably the armor patcher still not being right. Did you activate the esp it creates? Is it the last thing in your load order? Did you say you got the sort entries from BOSS working? They are kinda required, BOSS sorts some wrong and some not at all. The scaling you're seeing is built into objects. This mod is currently the best "fix." It doesn't really fix it, it just removes scaling from most objects. You get some clipping or slight floating instead of giant NPCs.
ChipyChops Posted January 23, 2014 Posted January 23, 2014 The ctd sounds like you haven't got preacher killer, or something similar, installed.
User13 Posted January 23, 2014 Posted January 23, 2014 Actually it sounds a lot like Skykids is not working haha. CTD is probably a missing master. Do you have the racial compatibility mod installed? DLCs? (I imagine MO will indicate somewhere if a master is missing but again, no first hand experience.) The invisible armor thing is probably the armor patcher still not being right. Did you activate the esp it creates? Is it the last thing in your load order? Did you say you got the sort entries from BOSS working? They are kinda required, BOSS sorts some wrong and some not at all. The scaling you're seeing is built into objects. This mod is currently the best "fix." It doesn't really fix it, it just removes scaling from most objects. You get some clipping or slight floating instead of giant NPCs. So far as I know, I have everything available installed. Everything I installed is activated. The only thing I'm unsure of is BOSS, because honestly it's like trying to explain color to a blind person. I just know it works now instead of not working, which I view as a vast improvement. I notice that there's a mixture of new girl models and vanilla girl models. Assuming that's something that will eventually be addressed. I noticed during my brief attempt to make a girl toon (I prefer boys) that the weight scale for Skykids doesn't scale the breast size at all, as it does for other kid mods I've seen. Is that in the works? Are all the girl npcs going to be the same in that regard? I ask because they are all naked right now, and I feel a bit odd being followed around (Lydia) by a naked prepubescent girl. Actually, it's probably not even that. It's that the voice is that of an older woman, and if she at least had *some* boobs I could make that work in my mind. Plus, even tho I'm a gay man, I kinda like little boobs and miss having them around. Oh, and one other thing, the drow follower at the inn in Riverwood is a bit messed up as well. Her face is a soft grey tone, but from the neck down her skin is much darker. Ebony. Although the gold swirls are very cool. Also, my Nord boy is awfully tan, even tho I slid his color bar all the way to the left. I'd expect being wrapped up in furs all the time you'd get pretty pale. Lydia, for instance, is much more pale than my lil guy. Still, really enjoying the mod so far. Thanks for everyone's hard work.
kyods Posted January 23, 2014 Posted January 23, 2014 Dude, your mods conflict so badly that I'm surprised that your followers actually walk instead of crawling on all fours. You need to take a good look at priority of your mods in MO. There is a built-in conflict solver in the tool, take a look at it. Your crash during the character creation process is most likely caused by the game running out of memory due to number of custom hair / eyes / etc. You can fix it with the pre-cache killer or facegen cache disabler plugins, you can find the latter with the Racemenu mod on Nexus, search for the former. The kids spawn naked when you don't have the armour swapper activated, set up correctly with the patcher as described in the initial post, or conflicting with some other mod, probably due to load order issue. In some cases you might need to leave / re-enter the cell after a few days to let the actors re-spawn, or simply resurrect them through console - this was described earlier. As en_hawk clearly stated in the initial post, you *need* BOSS to sort out your load order. If BOSS sounds like magic to you, do some searching, possibly starting here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6/? There's an ocean of knowledge on the Internet, you simply need to reach out for it. Let the guys focus on the mod and do their stuff instead of answering question that you might as well answer yourself with some effort.
JerWA Posted January 23, 2014 Posted January 23, 2014 @User13 There's no mixture of models any more, get the update 'hawk posted HERE. There is only one untreated NPC in the vanilla game (including DLCs) and that's Babette. Unless you mean adults, which this mod has nothing to do with. Skykids are, as you yourself mentioned, prepubescent. And while I can't speak for 'hawk, I doubt breasts are going to be a part of their weight slider ever. An additional teen race, or age group, is planned but not high priority at the moment. That would be more appropriate for that. The fact they are naked is because your game is currently broken. It is fairly pointless to plan around an experience that deviates so greatly from the premise of the mod. LIkewise, if you don't like the Lydia replacer... don't use it. There are other more generic followers available such as the drow you mention, and my two I posted HERE that are not using an existing unique voice. The tint mismatch on the drow is probably another symptom of the same issues. I'll double check tomorrow if nobody else has by then. As mentioned many times... unless you are intimately knowledgeable in how mods work as well as how each of your specific mods function in the company of others... BOSS is not optional. All of the "bad behavior" you are currently seeing is almost certainly because your load order is wrong. Get it working so that nothing is below the armor patcher in your load order after you sort (doing this manually will not work, BOSS will put them back when you patch). Anything unknown to BOSS will go to the bottom automatically and almost always break something else by being there. The whole purpose of BOSS is to resolve these conflicts in a controlled way to produce a stable, sensible merging of mod effects in your game. Until you've done that and posted a load order there's not much else I can do to help you.
ChipyChops Posted January 23, 2014 Posted January 23, 2014 There's also a mismatch of the boy replacer texture.
User13 Posted January 23, 2014 Posted January 23, 2014 @User13 There's no mixture of models any more, get the update 'hawk posted HERE. There is only one untreated NPC in the vanilla game (including DLCs) and that's Babette. Unless you mean adults, which this mod has nothing to do with. As mentioned many times... unless you are intimately knowledgeable in how mods work as well as how each of your specific mods function in the company of others... BOSS is not optional. All of the "bad behavior" you are currently seeing is almost certainly because your load order is wrong. Get it working so that nothing is below the armor patcher in your load order after you sort (doing this manually will not work, BOSS will put them back when you patch). Anything unknown to BOSS will go to the bottom automatically and almost always break something else by being there. The whole purpose of BOSS is to resolve these conflicts in a controlled way to produce a stable, sensible merging of mod effects in your game. Until you've done that and posted a load order there's not much else I can do to help you. Jerwa, thanks for your patience. I really am doing my best to solve this issue. I've been off reading about the S.T.E.P. project and attempting to solve this on my own. As someone mentioned, by bothering people here I'm apparently taking them away from the important job of modding. I just can't get BOSS to work correctly tho. I've gone into the boss folder, opened the user list and pasted all the stuff from the front page. I've gone into MO, under the gear icon and added BOSS. I've entered the title, pointed the binary to the GUI executable and the start in line to where the BOSSlog is located. I assume that's the correct place, because when I then start BOSS thru MO, it opens up a webpage which tells me that the BOSSlog isn't located where it's looking. That seems to be my issue. At least one of them. It is looking for that log under C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Data/Skyrim/BOSSlog.html. However, it's not listed there. It's actually under C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/ModOrganizer/mods/BOSS/Skyrim/BOSSlog.html. The problem is that I can't find anywhere to tell BOSS where to look for it's own BOSSlog. Now, I can get BOSS to work if I go directly to the executable and activate it there, but it seems to me that sort of defeats the purpose of what I'm trying to accomplish. Still, when I do that I get the following under the User Rules tab: Rule Applied Details (if applicable) Sort SK Drow Child Race.esm after Skykids.esm ✓ Sort SK Monli Race.esm after Skykids.esm ✓ Insert monli preset1.esp at the bottom of Overrides ✗ monli preset1.esp is not installed or in the masterlist. Insert monli preset2.esp at the bottom of Overrides ✗ monli preset2.esp is not installed or in the masterlist. Insert monli preset3.esp at the bottom of Overrides ✗ monli preset3.esp is not installed or in the masterlist. Insert SK Lolydia.esp at the bottom of Companions ✗ SK Lolydia.esp is not installed or in the masterlist. Insert SK Drow Taldyn.esp at the bottom of Companions ✗ SK Drow Taldyn.esp is not installed or in the masterlist. Insert SK Vanilla Child Replacer.esp at the bottom of Overrides ✗ SK Vanilla Child Replacer.esp is not installed or in the masterlist. Insert SK Child Armor Swapper.esp at the bottom of Dynamic Plugins ✗ SK Child Armor Swapper.esp is not installed or in the masterlist. All of this stuff, the presets and such it mentions, are in MO under plugins, so they have been installed. If I open the user rules manager (which again I can only do by opening BOSS directly, not thru MO), then I have tabs where I can see the installed plugins, as well as the masterlist. So I guess my next question becomes, how do I add these things it wants (monli preset1.esp, etc) to the BOSS masterlist? It has a search function, but apparently only searches within itself. I'm really sorry to be a pain.
Rez Delnava Posted January 23, 2014 Posted January 23, 2014 @User13 Can you upload your BOSSlog, and maybe a screencap of your MO plugin list? That would help us diagnose the issue. Edit: my brain farted and decided to reply to the second half of the message instead of the whole thing. [C'mon brain, Lets try replying to whole issue now:] Its beginning to sound like your BOSS didn't install correctly. You mentioned you used the .rar archive instead of the installer. Try uninstalling that, and reinstalling BOSS using the executable installer, just to be sure everything BOSS needs lands where BOSS can find it. You should remove the BOSS MO launcher entry that you made; if you let BOSS install in the default directory, MO will find it automatically with correct configuration the next time you launch MO. Edit (again): [brain... you've failed me... notice the important details when asked... this is your last chance] Looking at your file path, it looks like you tried to install BOSS as if it were a regular mod. So when you try to run BOSS through MO's launcher, BOSS itself is being put through MO's virtualization, which is no bueno. Move your BOSS files to the location where its searching so that its outside of MO's virtualization, or use the executable installer; probably the installer. [i'm AD/HD and this is a bad day... brain no work-ey]
JerWA Posted January 23, 2014 Posted January 23, 2014 There's also a mismatch of the boy replacer texture. Details please. Screenshot would be even better.
Koko.Hekmatyar Posted January 23, 2014 Posted January 23, 2014 I had that using the alt male body I went to make a male orc child and the body, head & hands were different colors. If I remember right it was the head and Hands that were the proper color for an orc but the body had a human skin tone. When I replaced it with the original one from the core pack it fixed it.
ChipyChops Posted January 23, 2014 Posted January 23, 2014 Actually, I was able to tell from the thumbnails, the nude replacer is much lighter than the default, its nearly the same as the girls.
JerWA Posted January 23, 2014 Posted January 23, 2014 @Junko, ChipyChops the alternate boy body is "optional(but unsupported) content," to quote the first post. It predates the current stuff, hence why it doesn't always match. And it will only get worse over time as other things change that will not be mirrored back to that body.
ChipyChops Posted January 24, 2014 Posted January 24, 2014 That's fair enough JerWA, it more than likely went through ear and out the other, or should that be eyes.
Koko.Hekmatyar Posted January 24, 2014 Posted January 24, 2014 Nope I read it but I didn't think it would be THAT bad!!! You are better off just removing the alt male body all together if you do not intend to support it.
User13 Posted January 24, 2014 Posted January 24, 2014 I've also noticed a slight issue with the alternate male body. Right around the neck is a much lighter circle of skin. It's not missing, just lighter tone about an inch or so thick. Does the regular male body look any different, besides being sexless I mean? Also, with help from some very friendly and patient people, I think I have everything working now. All the kids are sky kids. Everyone is dressed. Just a couple of comments. One, Lydia is wearing a dress rather than armor like in vanilla. I mention this for 2 reason. 1 - the dress has boobs, which she assuredly does not. Pretty sizable too. 2 - she's only equipped with a dagger and a bow I believe. I've given her some heavy armor, a shield and a decent weapon, but when I had to send her home when I was on a companion quest, I came back to find she was wearing her dress and armed with the dagger again. Maybe that happens in vanilla too. No idea. My second comment is that the sky kids look really good imo. Very cute. I'd prefer a bit older, but that's personal preference and means nothing of course. There is just one npc kid I've run across who wasn't cute, and that's Lucia in Whiterun. That's a horrid looking little goblin creature. I give her gold just to make her go away. I'd give her more if she'd invest for a sack on her head.
JerWA Posted January 24, 2014 Posted January 24, 2014 @User13 Neck: That's a UV map issue I think, and it affects both bodies. I think it's already on 'hawks list of things to fix. Lydia: Default outfit, vanilla loses your changes eventually too. I'd recommend a good follower/companion manager to address that along with many other irritations with the vanilla follower system. EFF is the one I use, but AFT or UFO should also work. As for her outfit I don't even know what it's currently set to, obviously something that has no kid meshed version yet so it's defaulting to showing your normal vanilla version. She's not the only SK with that issue right now, they'll all eventually get resolved as more clothing is meshed. Edit: Actually she's supposed to be wearing an outfit that is meshed (and I just confirmed it is meshed in my game). Maybe you need to resurrect her to reset? Lucia: She's a hearthfire kid. You need the HF addon from 'hawks post I linked earlier. It's supposed to be 4.5MB but trying to download it again right now is giving me grief, so make sure you got the whole file. Inside are 3 folders, dragonborn, hearthfire, and skyrim. Skyrim is all vanilla, the other two are for those DLCs. They include their own ESPs, so you'll need to make sure they're active. Lucia should be being updated by SK Vanilla Child Replacer HF.esp. Edit: Mod manager on the brain, I meant a companion/follower manager not a mod manager. Edit: On another note, you reported the drow follower to have mismatched coloring and I confirm that. I blame 'hawk, that's not one of mine haha.
JerWA Posted January 24, 2014 Posted January 24, 2014 Nope I read it but I didn't think it would be THAT bad!!! You are better off just removing the alt male body all together if you do not intend to support it. Post a screen shot of what you're seeing, there's always the chance it's fixable.
en_hawk Posted January 24, 2014 Author Posted January 24, 2014 I had that using the alt male body I went to make a male orc child and the body, head & hands were different colors. If I remember right it was the head and Hands that were the proper color for an orc but the body had a human skin tone. When I replaced it with the original one from the core pack it fixed it. There's also a mismatch of the boy replacer texture. I've also noticed a slight issue with the alternate male body. Right around the neck is a much lighter circle of skin. It's not missing, just lighter tone about an inch or so thick. Does the regular male body look any different, besides being sexless I mean?I just tested the alternate male body package myself; it does not have any of these issues. I would not have released content were it in such a broken state. Here's some screenshots showing the alt male body installed in an plain old skykids b3 setup. There are no texture seams on the wrists or neck. The only possible explanation I have for your issues would be if you installed the normal armorpack over the one included in the alt male body package. They have different UV maps, and when wearing armor would give you something like this. Ultimately I can't help you folks without more information on your individual situations. Try reinstalling the alt male body package on top of your existing installation, making sure to overwrite all.
JerWA Posted January 24, 2014 Posted January 24, 2014 Compatibility patch for Physics Hair Project. <snip> v002 released, see new post HERE.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now