TamAmaruk Posted January 28, 2014 Posted January 28, 2014 I did a fresh and clean install of Skyrim.Here is a list of my DLCs and Mods: Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmDawnguard.esmHearthFires.esmDragonborn.esmApachiiHair.esmApachiiHairFemales.esmOblivionHairPackAIO.esmRaceCompatibility.esmMFVM.esmSkykids.esmSK Monli Race.esmSK Drow Child Race.esmmonli preset1.espmonli preset2.espmonli preset3.espSK Vanilla Child Replacer.espSK Vanilla Child Replacer HF.espSK Vanilla Child Replacer DB.espAshenFollowers.espSK Lolydia.espSK Drow Taldyn.espSK Child Armor Swapper.espAmazingFollowerTweaks.espCharGen ECE Morphs.espSK ApachiiHair.espSK ApachiiHairFemales.esp @JerWA @TamAmaruk, What followers are you using? If they are vanilla children you may need to take all their equipment and then resurrect or disable/enable them to make race changes take effect. If they are custom followers SK is probably not doing anything for them and we might need to make a compatibility patch. Currently I have Aki and Gareth (working) and vanilla Lars Battle-Born and Kayd (still ugly default body) as child followers. The trick with the console commands (resurrect, ...) did not work either, as expected. @en_hawk en_hawk, on 28 Jan 2014 - 01:34 AM, said: The male NPC replacer is NOT included in the main release in the OP, as should have been stated numerous times. There is a beta release here that you can try in the meantime. I downloaded and applied that Beta. Which boy-NPCs should have been replaced there until now? I just re-read and it says all child NPCs. I assume that are only Head / Face-Mods as far as I could see from the Archive. Am I right ? If so, will there be a way to get that cute Players-char body to the NPC childs ? I tried Lars Battle-Born (Whiterun) and Kayd (Solitude Trader). Both bodys have not been replaced and still shows that ugly default body. Here are some screenshots. Due to nudity as a spoiler... GreetingsTam
Emprah Posted January 28, 2014 Posted January 28, 2014 Hi Emprah, I do only have 1 drow child and one dark-elf child in a frech and clean SK install. Do you have any other Race-Mods, or had them ? Maybe it is a "left-over" from another mod ... Greets Tam I did it on a fresh install of Skyrim. I installed the Drow race and then all the needed files for Skykids and then Skykids itself and the drow child addon. I've done it twice and it still happens. I'm going to hold off on the drow for now. If only I knew how to make a NPC follower. Which drow race outside of SK are you using? I'm 99% 100% sure that's the issue. I was using the drow race that was linked to in the original post, from the Skyrim nexus. Should I not have used that? I thought it was a requirement.
TamAmaruk Posted January 28, 2014 Posted January 28, 2014 Hi Emprah, I do only have 1 drow child and one dark-elf child in a frech and clean SK install. Do you have any other Race-Mods, or had them ? Maybe it is a "left-over" from another mod ... Greets Tam I did it on a fresh install of Skyrim. I installed the Drow race and then all the needed files for Skykids and then Skykids itself and the drow child addon. I've done it twice and it still happens. I'm going to hold off on the drow for now. If only I knew how to make a NPC follower. Which drow race outside of SK are you using? I'm 99% 100% sure that's the issue. I was using the drow race that was linked to in the original post, from the Skyrim nexus. Should I not have used that? I thought it was a requirement. That's it. If you refer to the external link unter the headline "Addon - Drow Child Race", then you misunderstood. It reads, that it is similar to that race. Drop that and use only the DrowRace from SkyKids. That should solve the problem of doubble Drow Race. Greets Tam
TamAmaruk Posted January 28, 2014 Posted January 28, 2014 I did a fresh and clean install of Skyrim. Here is a list of my DLCs and Mods: Skyrim.esm Update.esm Dawnguard.esm HearthFires.esm Dragonborn.esm ApachiiHair.esm ApachiiHairFemales.esm OblivionHairPackAIO.esm RaceCompatibility.esm MFVM.esm Skykids.esm SK Monli Race.esm SK Drow Child Race.esm monli preset1.esp monli preset2.esp monli preset3.esp SK Vanilla Child Replacer.esp SK Vanilla Child Replacer HF.esp SK Vanilla Child Replacer DB.esp AshenFollowers.esp SK Lolydia.esp SK Drow Taldyn.esp SK Child Armor Swapper.esp AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp CharGen ECE Morphs.esp SK ApachiiHair.esp SK ApachiiHairFemales.esp @JerWA @TamAmaruk, What followers are you using? If they are vanilla children you may need to take all their equipment and then resurrect or disable/enable them to make race changes take effect. If they are custom followers SK is probably not doing anything for them and we might need to make a compatibility patch. Currently I have Aki and Gareth (working) and vanilla Lars Battle-Born and Kayd (still ugly default body) as child followers. The trick with the console commands (resurrect, ...) did not work either, as expected. @en_hawk en_hawk, on 28 Jan 2014 - 01:34 AM, said: The male NPC replacer is NOT included in the main release in the OP, as should have been stated numerous times. There is a beta release here that you can try in the meantime. I downloaded and applied that Beta. Which boy-NPCs should have been replaced there until now? I just re-read and it says all child NPCs. I assume that are only Head / Face-Mods as far as I could see from the Archive. Am I right ? If so, will there be a way to get that cute Players-char body to the NPC childs ? I tried Lars Battle-Born (Whiterun) and Kayd (Solitude Trader). Both bodys have not been replaced and still shows that ugly default body. Here are some screenshots. Due to nudity as a spoiler... Greetings Tam Hi all, forget about that post of mine. I got it running finally. I do not know, what (maybe I) have changed. Suddenly after a dozen times restarting the game the male NPCs got replaced. And yes, if undressed they are naked and "anatomically correct". I have something like load-order (regardless correct BOSS settings) in mind... I have seen in other mods, that the parted component-archives have been numberd in order to show the modders-suggested installation and load order. Maybe this is a good idea for such a compelx mod like this one ? Current Load-Order: Skyrim.esm Update.esm Dawnguard.esm HearthFires.esm Dragonborn.esm ApachiiHair.esm ApachiiHairFemales.esm OblivionHairPackAIO.esm RaceCompatibility.esm MFVM.esm Skykids.esm SK Monli Race.esm SK Drow Child Race.esm RCOTS-RACES.esm RCOTS-Armorpack(english).esp RCOTS-FriendChildren.esp monli preset1.esp monli preset2.esp monli preset3.esp SK Vanilla Child Replacer.esp SK Vanilla Child Replacer HF.esp SK Vanilla Child Replacer DB.esp AshenFollowers.esp SK Lolydia.esp SK Drow Taldyn.esp AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp CharGen ECE Morphs.esp SK Child Armor Swapper.esp SK ApachiiHair.esp SK ApachiiHairFemales.esp Hiere some pictures of the working BETA vanilla boy npc replacer... On the right is my player character, on the left are the vanilla NPCs. Bigger Images: So, sorry for causing trouble. I guess the error was located somewhere between keyboard and chair... Many thanks for this great mod and support. I will defnetly keep an eye (or two) on it. Cheers Tam
User13 Posted January 28, 2014 Posted January 28, 2014 Just wanted to confirm, cuz I hadn't seen it mentioned, that you can use the child voice replacer from Cots with SK. Works just fine and adds that extra bit of immersiveness.
User13 Posted January 29, 2014 Posted January 29, 2014 Oh, another little issue while I'm thinkin about it. Not sure what mod is causing this, but I've got an issue with Breezehome. I've purchased it, including all the upgrades. When I bought the children's bedroom I did notice that instead of an actual price, it had [...] as a price. Go to Breezehome, no bedroom. I couldn't fuss with it at that moment, so I've come back to it later. Talked to Proventus again. [...] for child bedroom. Paid the money (took 250). Back to Breezehome. Just cobwebs in that alcove. Any ideas?
en_hawk Posted January 29, 2014 Author Posted January 29, 2014 Oh, another little issue while I'm thinkin about it. Not sure what mod is causing this, but I've got an issue with Breezehome. I've purchased it, including all the upgrades. When I bought the children's bedroom I did notice that instead of an actual price, it had [...] as a price. Go to Breezehome, no bedroom. I couldn't fuss with it at that moment, so I've come back to it later. Talked to Proventus again. [...] for child bedroom. Paid the money (took 250). Back to Breezehome. Just cobwebs in that alcove. Any ideas?SK does not alter any aspect of HF outside of the child NPCs, something else is conflicting.
SolidSnakeFH Posted January 29, 2014 Posted January 29, 2014 Oh, another little issue while I'm thinkin about it. Not sure what mod is causing this, but I've got an issue with Breezehome. I've purchased it, including all the upgrades. When I bought the children's bedroom I did notice that instead of an actual price, it had [...] as a price. Go to Breezehome, no bedroom. I couldn't fuss with it at that moment, so I've come back to it later. Talked to Proventus again. [...] for child bedroom. Paid the money (took 250). Back to Breezehome. Just cobwebs in that alcove. Any ideas? I had this same problem, I don't think it has anything to do with SK. Try fast traveling out of whiterun, then fast travel back or resurrecting Proventus, then buying it again. Seemed to work for me.
b00marrows Posted January 29, 2014 Posted January 29, 2014 I came here after having trouble using the *children of the sky* rework stand alone" i had TONS of ctd's with it. I couldnt change the body for some stupid reason and noone there helped me... i installed this mod to find it was completely adaptable to what I used with it. the custom body i designed worked fine. the tail that for some reason crashed with COTS work's fine. I have only had 1 problem with this mod so far and its animations, with only 1 example i can remember for now. getting on a carriage. kind of funny, you get up and sit sort of on the floor of the carriage rather than the side. But this is to be expected. Now all I need to do if find a mod that allows me to adopt all of the children and have them running around a huge house in there cute outfits I have for them, oh I cant wait!
User13 Posted January 29, 2014 Posted January 29, 2014 I've always wanted to be able to adopt tons of kids too. When you get the HF places you can get like 6 beds in a single house, so why can't you use them? Now if I could get some cute outfits for the boys And tails. Tails would be good. And cute fuzzy ears. I'd try using CK but I've been assured I would likely break the interwebs, and I just can't do that to you people. I've come to like you.
ChipyChops Posted January 29, 2014 Posted January 29, 2014 You can adopt up to 6 kids with this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29249/
Mdy Posted January 29, 2014 Posted January 29, 2014 I've installed this mod for roleplaying, downloaded Khajiit Speak, created a khajiit boy and wanted to travel with a caravan via Life Another Live. Just to see that Alternate Start won't recognized me as a khajiit - oh noes! Is there anything I or you can do about that? Adding Creation Kit keywords or something like that?
en_hawk Posted January 29, 2014 Author Posted January 29, 2014 I've installed this mod for roleplaying, downloaded Khajiit Speak, created a khajiit boy and wanted to travel with a caravan via Life Another Live. Just to see that Alternate Start won't recognized me as a khajiit - oh noes! Is there anything I or you can do about that? Adding Creation Kit keywords or something like that? That's an inherent problem with custom races, the mod in question(alternate start) would need to check races via RC proxy keywords as opposed to checking against the actual vanilla races. A compatibility patch would need to be made for alternate start...
b00marrows Posted January 29, 2014 Posted January 29, 2014 I've always wanted to be able to adopt tons of kids too. When you get the HF places you can get like 6 beds in a single house, so why can't you use them? Now if I could get some cute outfits for the boys And tails. Tails would be good. And cute fuzzy ears. I'd try using CK but I've been assured I would likely break the interwebs, and I just can't do that to you people. I've come to like you. I am hoping to find (or if i really need to make) a havok enabled tail and ears! You can adopt up to 6 kids with this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29249/ Thank's very much! There also a lovely mod that goes hand in hand "http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41132". there's 2 mods there 1 makes all orphans girls the other boys.
Mdy Posted January 30, 2014 Posted January 30, 2014 Thanks for answering. I would've asked any other modder to add an optional file without the restrictions (eg that nords or other races can see the hidden options, too), but Arthmoor? He's got so much work on his shoulders. And that's not an "en_hawk, would you pleeeease..?". I can life without it Keep up your good work.
ChipyChops Posted January 30, 2014 Posted January 30, 2014 I've always wanted to be able to adopt tons of kids too. When you get the HF places you can get like 6 beds in a single house, so why can't you use them? Now if I could get some cute outfits for the boys And tails. Tails would be good. And cute fuzzy ears. I'd try using CK but I've been assured I would likely break the interwebs, and I just can't do that to you people. I've come to like you. I am hoping to find (or if i really need to make) a havok enabled tail and ears! You can adopt up to 6 kids with this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29249/ Thank's very much! There also a lovely mod that goes hand in hand "http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41132". there's 2 mods there 1 makes all orphans girls the other boys. Looks interesting, but I'm not really into the adoption stuff, I'm just making lots of little kids to kill. The odd thing is they all look like my ex-girlfriends at the moment.
b00marrows Posted January 30, 2014 Posted January 30, 2014 Looks interesting, but I'm not really into the adoption stuff, I'm just making lots of little kids to kill. The odd thing is they all look like my ex-girlfriends at the moment. haha what the? actually i dont want to know... I was hoping there was a mod like the "hostile children" mod over at the *children of the sky* mod, it adds random children to the spawn list so you could find children bandits and such. I LOVED the idea but *children of the sky* is STUPIDLY buggy and unmodifiable so that why i came back to using this mod.
taiolu Posted January 30, 2014 Posted January 30, 2014 Looks interesting, but I'm not really into the adoption stuff, I'm just making lots of little kids to kill. The odd thing is they all look like my ex-girlfriends at the moment. haha what the? actually i dont want to know... I was hoping there was a mod like the "hostile children" mod over at the *children of the sky* mod, it adds random children to the spawn list so you could find children bandits and such. I LOVED the idea but *children of the sky* is STUPIDLY buggy and unmodifiable so that why i came back to using this mod. I recall some talk about adding teens to this mod. Aside from the undead and the forsworn the children wouldn't really fit, the teens if they get added would for things like bandits.
SolidSnakeFH Posted January 30, 2014 Posted January 30, 2014 Ok, update time, I played around with the assets on the boys and I think I've made some decent headway keeping with the wonderful feedback I've received. I hope you guys like them, too and feel free to tell me what you think. @en_hawk: I'll include the .rar file at the end of this post. Alesan: Blaise: Hroar: Francois: Joric: Samuel: Skuli: And here is the .rar containing the Presets, CGE data and notepad descriptions.Boys ver.3.rar I really focused on giving some of the boys rounder, softer, features. Also, bringing down eye height and size to be more child-face friendly, Some of them retain vestiges of their earlier look because I really feel that some of them SHOULD look emaciated and skinny with sharper features, befitting the age they should have.
User13 Posted January 30, 2014 Posted January 30, 2014 Lookin really good, Snake. Much improved. I still can't help thinking they might look a little better if their eyes were a bit closer together, but I could be completely wrong. Maybe it's just the lack of hair throwing me off, but I know you have RP reasons for that.
SolidSnakeFH Posted January 30, 2014 Posted January 30, 2014 Lookin really good, Snake. Much improved. I still can't help thinking they might look a little better if their eyes were a bit closer together, but I could be completely wrong. Maybe it's just the lack of hair throwing me off, but I know you have RP reasons for that. You may be right, Thirteen, but going by a few of the resources I've used, the wider set eyes seems to be in line with a more child-like design. Some others may agree and I'll retool them if that's the case. I'm glad you like them. If we reach a consensus I may start work on some other boys. I'd really love to see everyone's designs! It's great to get an intermingling of ideas. I'd also like to know who everyone is working on and see if there are any stragglers that need attention.
JerWA Posted January 30, 2014 Posted January 30, 2014 You can adopt up to 6 kids with this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29249/ Thank's very much! There also a lovely mod that goes hand in hand "http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41132". there's 2 mods there 1 makes all orphans girls the other boys. I haven't actually looked but there's like a 99% chance that's going to un-SK the kids it touches, just FYI. Looks interesting, but I'm not really into the adoption stuff, I'm just making lots of little kids to kill. The odd thing is they all look like my ex-girlfriends at the moment. haha what the? actually i dont want to know... I was hoping there was a mod like the "hostile children" mod over at the *children of the sky* mod, it adds random children to the spawn list so you could find children bandits and such. I LOVED the idea but *children of the sky* is STUPIDLY buggy and unmodifiable so that why i came back to using this mod. I've started on the basic underlying framework for the teens. This part, though fairly ugly and involved, will be done well before the assets to back it up (like meshed armors) are. Not sure what 'hawk wants to do about that just yet. I'll be honest and say I know nothing at all about adding spawns to leveled lists. If there's enough interest there's no reason it couldn't be done.
User13 Posted January 30, 2014 Posted January 30, 2014 Lookin really good, Snake. Much improved. I still can't help thinking they might look a little better if their eyes were a bit closer together, but I could be completely wrong. Maybe it's just the lack of hair throwing me off, but I know you have RP reasons for that. You may be right, Thirteen, but going by a few of the resources I've used, the wider set eyes seems to be in line with a more child-like design. Some others may agree and I'll retool them if that's the case. I'm glad you like them. If we reach a consensus I may start work on some other boys. I'd really love to see everyone's designs! It's great to get an intermingling of ideas. I'd also like to know who everyone is working on and see if there are any stragglers that need attention. Unfortunately, I wouldn't have the faintest idea where to even start. If I did I'd be modding clothes instead of hoping to entice others to do so.
KyuubiD Posted January 30, 2014 Posted January 30, 2014 I've installed this mod for roleplaying, downloaded Khajiit Speak, created a khajiit boy and wanted to travel with a caravan via Life Another Live. Just to see that Alternate Start won't recognized me as a khajiit - oh noes! Is there anything I or you can do about that? Adding Creation Kit keywords or something like that? I had a similar problem with my current play through. I'm playing as a young Forsworn but Alternate Start wouldn't recognize me as a Breton and give me the Forsworn option. What I did to get around it was create an adult Breton, choose the Forsworn beginning from the statue then use racemenu to change to a child Breton, sleep in the bed and carry on with the alternate start as usual. I don't see any reason this wouldn't work for making a Khajiit starting with the caravan. Just a couple of extra steps at the beginning and you should be good to go.
MidbossVyers Posted January 30, 2014 Posted January 30, 2014 By the way, does this mod make child heads "bigger" than adult heads? There is some clipping when I try to equip Nocturnal's Hat. I don't know if that is caused by this mod or was always a problem even in the vanilla as Nocturnal's outfit is not meant to be equippable by playable characters.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now