gvman3670 Posted November 13, 2014 Posted November 13, 2014 Not sure of the EFFdialogue.esp being needed. Unless you're using EFF in your game.
en_hawk Posted November 13, 2014 Author Posted November 13, 2014 Why preferred? LOOT does exactly what it should do (as long as you move the patcher to the bottom). That might only be because I'm still using the original LOOT and haven't updated it. BOSS is nearly unusable for anything else these days (too many mods not on the user list) and is basically obsolete since LOOT can be tweaked for SK just like you had to with BOSS, but it's simpler to do. And MO allows you to manually give the patcher the lowest position in the LO, too.  I honestly found it so much easier to install and get working this time with MO and LOOT than I did the first time I did it using manual/NMM installs and BOSS (and the userlist edits). It took not even half the time to have up and running. Because MO is an overcomplicated mess for the average user, and LOOT is a lot harder to manually configure to put things where they belong(ie the armor swapper) vs BOSS. If you think otherwise and want to submit a set of files/instructions, I'll gladly add them to the OP. I don't personally use it, the last time it tried it it made a mess out of my load order and I went back to BOSS and manually adding unknown mods to my userlist...  Not sure of the EFFdialogue.esp being needed. Unless you're using EFF in your game.That's why I told him to check for missing masters with wrye; its the simplest and fastest way of doing it.
Kuupe Posted November 13, 2014 Posted November 13, 2014 Not sure of the EFFdialogue.esp being needed. Unless you're using EFF in your game. The updater doesn't patch the game and the game crashes every time I try to open it. I'm reinstalling the game (to get rid of mods) and using mod manager to reinstall my mods again. Probably will have the same problem though. Â Any tips on the program?
en_hawk Posted November 13, 2014 Author Posted November 13, 2014  Not sure of the EFFdialogue.esp being needed. Unless you're using EFF in your game.The updater doesn't patch the game and the game crashes every time I try to open it. I'm reinstalling the game (to get rid of mods) and using mod manager to reinstall my mods again. Probably will have the same problem though.  Any tips on the program?  NMM is a sack of crap, and MO is overly complicated in my opinion. Wrye is great, but it doesn't support NMM/MO styled installer packages(which is what SK uses), and only supports the older BAIN installer scripts(which we don't have one of). If you're ok with doing manual installs, I'd recommend wrye. I guess you could also use wrye and NMM in tandem, and only use NMM to run the installers, if you really wanted to...
Kuupe Posted November 13, 2014 Posted November 13, 2014   Not sure of the EFFdialogue.esp being needed. Unless you're using EFF in your game.The updater doesn't patch the game and the game crashes every time I try to open it. I'm reinstalling the game (to get rid of mods) and using mod manager to reinstall my mods again. Probably will have the same problem though. Any tips on the program?  NMM is a sack of crap, and MO is overly complicated in my opinion. Wrye is great, but it doesn't support NMM/MO styled installer packages(which is what SK uses), and only supports the older BAIN installer scripts(which we don't have one of). If you're ok with doing manual installs, I'd recommend wrye. I guess you could also use wrye and NMM in tandem, and only use NMM to run the installers, if you really wanted to...  How is Mod Manager overly complicated? It seems pretty good to me, maybe a little painful to set up, but pretty easy to use after that.
en_hawk Posted November 13, 2014 Author Posted November 13, 2014 Just to make sure, you are referring to Mod Organizer, correct? Â If you want to use it that's fine by me. Its just needless complexity in my mind, I've been using wrye along with manual installs since the days of oblivion without an issue...
Kuupe Posted November 13, 2014 Posted November 13, 2014 Just to make sure, you are referring to Mod Organizer, correct? Â If you want to use it that's fine by me. Its just needless complexity in my mind, I've been using wrye along with manual installs since the days of oblivion without an issue... Yeah, sorry my mind is somewhere else. Â No one knows what could cause the problem? I think that the problem might come back again.
gvman3670 Posted November 13, 2014 Posted November 13, 2014  Because MO is an overcomplicated mess for the average user, and LOOT is a lot harder to manually configure to put things where they belong(ie the armor swapper) vs BOSS. If you think otherwise and want to submit a set of files/instructions, I'll gladly add them to the OP. I don't personally use it, the last time it tried it it made a mess out of my load order and I went back to BOSS and manually adding unknown mods to my userlist...   I just launch LOOT inside of MO, click on "edit metadata", it loads, choose the armor patcher, then gave it a priority of 1.9 million! Now it's at the bottom of the list after a LOOT sort and it only took maaayybe 30 seconds to do it.  MO also has that option itself. You place it low and lock the LO if you wanted. Or you could probably apply it to the built in LOOT that MO has. although I haven't tried that myself. Â
gvman3670 Posted November 13, 2014 Posted November 13, 2014 Â Just to make sure, you are referring to Mod Organizer, correct? Â If you want to use it that's fine by me. Its just needless complexity in my mind, I've been using wrye along with manual installs since the days of oblivion without an issue... Yeah, sorry my mind is somewhere else. Â No one knows what could cause the problem? I think that the problem might come back again. Â Â Not sure. But I know that Mod Organizer will throw a flag if there's an issue and LOOT will sort it out (at worst meaning you manually place the patcher at the bottom of the list).
en_hawk Posted November 13, 2014 Author Posted November 13, 2014  Just to make sure, you are referring to Mod Organizer, correct?  If you want to use it that's fine by me. Its just needless complexity in my mind, I've been using wrye along with manual installs since the days of oblivion without an issue... Yeah, sorry my mind is somewhere else.  No one knows what could cause the problem? I think that the problem might come back again.  I think your problem was a missing master, brought on by the fact that the vanilla mod 'manager' is incapable of detecting problems of that nature. Switch to something else(as long as it isn't NMM) and you should be fine. If you're still having trouble after that, let us know.
Liz9628 Posted November 14, 2014 Posted November 14, 2014 Are the issues that Kuupe and I are having new...? Perhaps something changed with an update. I tried yet again to install, with the same results..
Dubhorizon Posted November 14, 2014 Posted November 14, 2014 Are the issues that Kuupe and I are having new...? Perhaps something changed with an update. I tried yet again to install, with the same results.. Â Nope, it' one of the first common issues almost everyone encounters when starting to mod their skyrim. Missing masters is exactly that. Some of the .esp mods you have depend on something you don't have installed or it's not right in your load order. The patcher sees it and warns you about it. Using NMM won't help you. You either should use Wrye bash like it has been suggested before, or use MO and it will tell you what you are missing. Also Use LOOT that will auto sort everything,
Liz9628 Posted November 14, 2014 Posted November 14, 2014 Â Are the issues that Kuupe and I are having new...? Perhaps something changed with an update. I tried yet again to install, with the same results.. Â Nope, it' one of the first common issues almost everyone encounters when starting to mod their skyrim. Missing masters is exactly that. Some of the .esp mods you have depend on something you don't have installed or it's not right in your load order. The patcher sees it and warns you about it. Using NMM won't help you. You either should use Wrye bash like it has been suggested before, or use MO and it will tell you what you are missing. Also Use LOOT that will auto sort everything, Â Â Aah, I see. Sadly, I've tried everything suggested, including manual installs, Wyre Bash... All of that, to no avail.
Zilva Posted November 14, 2014 Posted November 14, 2014 I'm having a strange problem with skykids as well. Mainly: Skykids can't wear armor. Or rather when they wear it, nothing can be seen of it. For a bonus, when wearing hats top part of tier hair disappears. Weapons are aslo offset a little tiny bit.My only clue so far is the lack of SK Child Armor Swapper.esp (I think that's what this plugin should be called?) I downloaded the pack right from here but it's nowhere in the .7z file, nor can I find it on google. Forgive me for not wanting to dig through 78 pages of this topic, but did anyone see this kind of a problem? And hopefully know a fix? Never mind, never mind. I'm dumb. Forgott to run SUM.
greywolf78 Posted November 16, 2014 Posted November 16, 2014 patcher keeps saying can't find skykids esm please help
en_hawk Posted November 16, 2014 Author Posted November 16, 2014 patcher keeps saying can't find skykids esm please helpYou using MO?
en_hawk Posted November 16, 2014 Author Posted November 16, 2014 yep i am MO instructions are as follows.  1: Click the 2 gears button 2: Add the following on the respective lines. Title: SKArmorPatcher Binary: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe Startin: ~Mod Organizer\mods\Skykids\SkyProc Patchers\SKArmorPatcher Arguments: -jar "~\Mod Organizer\mods\Skykids\SkyProc Patchers\SKArmorPatcher\SKArmorPatcher.jar"  3: Select Modify 4: Close the window 5: Select the SKArmorpatcher from the drop down list and hit run. You should probably learn to use your tools properly before bugging other authors about them not working... Exact same procedure as any other program that needs to operate on your data directory(FNIS/Reproccer/etc) with MO.
RPGX_Omega Posted November 17, 2014 Posted November 17, 2014 I did the instructions above and the patcher needs Boss. MO uses LOOT. Why use Boss? I guess the patcher is not needed then?
gvman3670 Posted November 17, 2014 Posted November 17, 2014 I did the instructions above and the patcher needs Boss. MO uses LOOT. Why use Boss? I guess the patcher is not needed then? Â Use the patcher. Just skip the BOSS parts and tell it to patch anyway. It will work just fine. Â Make sure the patcher's .esp is below any armors or clothes you want patched. You can give a LOOT priority number so high it forces it to the bottom of the load order if you want to.
en_hawk Posted November 18, 2014 Author Posted November 18, 2014 Use the patcher. Just skip the BOSS parts and tell it to patch anyway. It will work just fine.  Make sure the patcher's .esp is below any armors or clothes you want patched. You can give a LOOT priority number so high it forces it to the bottom of the load order if you want to. There's an updated FAQ entry about just this, it says basically the exact same thing for users with LOOT. The other guy just needs to learn to RTFM.  I did the instructions above and the patcher needs Boss. MO uses LOOT. Why use Boss? I guess the patcher is not needed then?Ok, so, I'm done with this. You've officially pissed me off. The instructions CLEARLY state that the patcher DOES IN FACT work without BOSS, you just need to have an IQ greater than that of a loaf of bread and basic kindergarten level reading comprehension skills in order to utilize it. LETS GO FULL ON PICTORIAL AS YOU OBVIOUSLY CAN'T READ!  Running the patcher without BOSS! You see this!  You hit the fucking cancel button as you clearly don't have BOSS!  Now this is the REALLY tricky part where I guess your entire brain just completely shut down for no reason, honestly I'm not sure how you figured out how to make the above post considering you couldn't successfully navigate a fucking YES OR NO QUESTION.  HIT THE FUCKING YES BUTTON AND IT WORKS! Jesus fucking christ, people these days... Read. The. Fucking. Manual. I did not spend all that time painstakingly writing it and providing solutions for almost every conceivable problem you may run into while using or installing the mod, solely for my own fucking amusement. Read it or fuck off.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now