Thorpac Body ALPHA release

The model itself looks great. The only problem I've ever really seen that popped out at me were the joints for the legs/hips. When you crouch into sneak mode' date=' you can see some pretty rad deformation of the mesh line. But it's just one of those things that we'll probably have to wait for proper import/export tools to really address.

But yes:

[img']http://angrywhitedude.com/wp-content/uploads2/2010/05/are-you-wizard.jpg[/img]

EDIT: Bah. Can't attach my screenshots. They're too large!

30b9f7f4-a7a8-4d64-a36e-c5891e4f88fb.jpg

Don't want to derail this thread' date=' (very excited to see this mod develop), but why all the Nexus hate? I lack the skill to mod, so I'm likely missing the problem.

[/quote']

Because it's run by a bunch of immature ass hats that like to throw around the ban hammer for generally no reason. However they'll be sure to keep that persons files on their site because it generates traffic for them, and therefore revenue. So in short, they ban you for no good reason, but then keep your files hosted on their site because your mods are popular and they can make money off you because the traffic your mods give them.

They're assholes.

Don't want to derail this thread' date=' (very excited to see this mod develop), but why all the Nexus hate? I lack the skill to mod, so I'm likely missing the problem.

[/quote']

Because it's run by a bunch of immature ass hats that like to throw around the ban hammer for generally no reason. However they'll be sure to keep that persons files on their site because it generates traffic for them, and therefore revenue. So in short, they ban you for no good reason, but then keep your files hosted on their site because your mods are popular and they can make money off you because the traffic your mods give them.

They're assholes.

they banned me for almost literally no valid reason

Don't forget the fact they refuse to unban you even though it's been a year for a relatively minor offense that should have only been at most a week's temporary ban.

i will never forget that vampire dante peice of crap if i met him in rl he would get assassinated

This looks really nice :) I like it a lot. It's not too different from the default which I appreciate. And it caters to my love of the petite aesthetic.

Here are some screenshots.

1. Not sure if it's the body mod that made her legs disappear, or just the game being buggy as usual...

b4aq1k.jpg

2. Looks good :D Using armor mod from the nexus. I'm glad to see that the body "works" with default armor.. it doesn't just revert it back to the default.

10z00sy.jpg

3. Uhhh... yeah... Maybe you should pull that dress up a bit..

a1jtht.jpg

Are you going to consider adding an underwear version? I would really appreciate that, but I know that's not necessarily the point of this mod.

Also, I noticed the pink nails went away when I put on some gloves.

oh good news, my work on the argonian high res textures are coming into a decent amount of detail. im trying to retain as much of the shadow mapping as possible so there wont be any abnormal lighting effects. 'altered the alpha hand mesh to accomodate the argonian textures rather than the humanfemale textures' no clipping errors so far with the entire argonian body so excelent news for the asphetics of the game :D ill post a screenshot later when its at an alright level for promotion. then you will have a nice pair of beast race textures for use with your thorpac body alpha :D

And so it begins...

I would like to say something really awesome here, however after thinking for a few minutes i couldn't come with something good.

So for now i will say two words that have been said thousands, millions of times, but that now, even in this times of trouble keep their meaning if you say them with a true heart.

Thank You.

Well this is pretty much my first post, and while I haven't really had the time to check out the site proper I must say I'm quite glad Thor mentioned the alpha was hear otherwise I don't think I would have found it. Must say this place looks pretty awesome and I look forward to seeing what magic you guys and gals come up with once the CK comes out.

Any ways on to the bread and butter, I noticed there weren't many and screenies of high elves in the thread so I thought I'd put up a few of my own for consideration.

post-21383-13597871582646_thumb.jpg

Go Thalmor :angel:

Well this is pretty much my first post' date=' and while I haven't really had the time to check out the site proper I must say I'm quite glad Thor mentioned the alpha was hear otherwise I don't think I would have found it. Must say this place looks pretty awesome and I look forward to seeing what magic you guys and gals come up with once the CK comes out.

Any ways on to the bread and butter, I noticed there weren't many and screenies of high elves in the thread so I thought I'd put up a few of my own for consideration.

Go Thalmor :angel:

[/quote']

welcome to loverslab! once the mod is further along thor will release it on the nexus as well

Nice work gents...

My concern is that despite this being labeled an 'alpha' release, since it's (nearly) the only game in town (so to speak), that people will rush around making textures to fit this model and the UV-mapping needs a lot of work (no offense intended, just being honest).

As others have mentioned, the nipples are rather high (or at least higher than most other existing texture-work to date has placed them on the default mesh). This alone more or less 'requires' new textures linked to this particular model. Aside from that, the new breast area in total (uv-mapping) and surrounding area of the chest is... not 'relaxed' (not proportional to the size of the polygons). This will cause adverse stretching - which may not be noticeable in many all-skin textures, but would play hell on any tattooing in that area.

Please consider the above in the spirit it's intended - as 'critique' and/or review - not as any slam on the work so far on this alpha model.

Finally, if you can (post or) send me the working .c4d file (preferably with the lo-res cage mesh sill intact), I'd be happy to help address the above issues.

Cheers.

Nice work gents...

My concern is that despite this being labeled an 'alpha' release' date=' since it's (nearly) the only game in town (so to speak), that people will rush around making textures to fit this model and the UV-mapping needs a lot of work (no offense intended, just being honest).

As others have mentioned, the nipples are rather high (or at least higher than most other existing texture-work to date has placed them on the default mesh). This alone more or less 'requires' new textures linked to this particular model. Aside from that, the new breast area in total (uv-mapping) and surrounding area of the chest is... not 'relaxed' (not proportional to the size of the polygons). This will cause adverse stretching - which may not be noticeable in many all-skin textures, but would play hell on any tattooing in that area.

Please consider the above in the spirit it's intended - as 'critique' and/or review - not as any slam on the work so far on this alpha model.

Finally, if you can (post or) send me the working .c4d file (preferably with the lo-res cage mesh sill intact), I'd be happy to help address the above issues.

Cheers.

[/quote']

i can see your point but i think im the only one making replacement textures for this alpha, and thats simply due to the fact that the beast races have no suitable textures to work with it.

also the special thing about texture files is they are easy to re-modify to new nif dimensions. so i wouldnt say its rushed creating textures for them.

and on a side note. 2pac4eva7 and thor925 both know im making textures for use with their body work :P and hopefully once both beast races are sorted they will be included in the full version release.