Regarding the Elder Scrolls: Online...

Sεraphim

What Do You Think About TES:O?  

484 members have voted

1. 1. If your answer is other, feel free to explain it in a forum post!

• I think it will be amazing! Probably the best MMO of the decade!
    • I think it will be alright. I'm sure it will be entertaining for a bit.
    • I don't think it will be that great, but I'm still going to try it.
    • I'm not looking forward to it.
    • I don't play MMOs.
    • Other...

I was in the beta a few times, and while it was initially fascinating, it lost its appeal by the time launch rolled around. And seriously, fuck their pay wall on Imperials. I really chafed at the deluxe pack bonuses, as well. The joke between me and my friends was "Don't fuck Imperials, they have crabs".

It could have been sweet, and yet it wasn't. Yet another example of hopes and promises dashed by reality. Alas.

But we'll always have Skyrim. And TES VI, whenever that happens.

Still can't believe they made an elder scrolls online... all that money could have been spent on making dlc for Skyrim :angry:

That wouldn't have necessarily been the case, ZeniMax developed the game, and paid mostly out of their own pockets to fund production, while Bethesda may have helped some.

Edit: The wording may have sounded a'bit condescending, and I apologize for that. What I wanted to add was; "all that money, but they couldn't even create an offline mode, completely original content, and a game that wasn't as riddled with bugs as is the current state of the game."

Still can't believe they made an elder scrolls online... all that money could have been spent on making dlc for Skyrim :angry:

That wouldn't have necessarily been the case, ZeniMax developed the game, and paid mostly out of their own pockets to fund production, while Bethesda may have helped some.

hmmm... in some alternate reality Skyrim has 20 pieces of dlc... that idea comforts me a little.

hmmm... in some alternate reality Skyrim has 20 pieces of dlc... that idea comforts me a little.

So long as that idea doesn't include pay-to-acquire DLC horse armor, I'll be satisfied.

• 7 months later...

I might try it out if it goes F2P. I don't think I will thou. But you never know. But If stumble across any kind of pay wall they can go and fuck off.

I have no problem supporting companies by tossing money at them if I like their products, but I do not support any kind of "pay up if you wanna continue be to play the game" or any other stupid reason.

I might try it out if it goes F2P. I don't think I will thou. But you never know. But If stumble across any kind of pay wall they can go and fuck off.

I have no problem supporting companies by tossing money at them if I like their products, but I do not support any kind of "pay up if you wanna continue be to play the game" or any other stupid reason.

They will go f2p or they will shutdown, there is no other way. It is not a awesome mmo neither it is first. SW has bigger fan base and went f2p few months after release.

They will go f2p or they will shutdown, there is no other way. It is not a awesome mmo neither it is first. SW has bigger fan base and went f2p few month after release.

When you say SW I guess you mean Secret World? If yes, I do actually like that a lot.

It has it's flaws, but the atmosphere, the skills/skill tree together with all weapons choices you can have is a fresh take.

I also like that it takes place in "our" time, and many of my best RPG moments have come from TSW.

even when ESO, a F2P I would never play it, I hate online RPGs like the plague!

I want to experience my own adventure and not fight it with twenty other players a monster. moreover is the time of the "fees paid" Online RPGs "past", 

who wants to issue a vast amount of money to play a game, since come quickly times 200 Euros in the year together.

They will go f2p or they will shutdown, there is no other way. It is not a awesome mmo neither it is first. SW has bigger fan base and went f2p few month after release.

When you say SW I guess you mean Secret World? If yes, I do actually like that a lot.

It has it's flaws, but the atmosphere, the skills/skill tree together with all weapons choices you can have is a fresh take.

I also like that it takes place in "our" time, and many of my best RPG moments have come from TSW.

Actually I'm going to guess he means Star Wars. Taking all bets! :D

There are very good MMO´S that has nothing to do with scam milk whore or any crap craft mainly pure sandbox mmo's.

But ESO is scam/milk crap of craft.

Elder Scroll should have stayed SOLO period.

I will never spent 1 dime on ESO.

Elder Scroll III: Morrowind still the BEST!!!

There are very good MMO´S that has nothing to do with scam milk whore or any crap craft mainly pure sandbox mmo's.

But ESO is scam/milk crap of craft.

Elder Scroll should have stayed SOLO period.

I will never spent 1 dime on ESO.

Elder Scroll III: Morrowind still the BEST!!!

then it is time you play it again, but this time like this. ;)

• 1 month later...

MMOs are complete shit anyways, singleplayer and small multiplayer games are the way to go. No dev/publisher should go Blizzard on us. It's bad enough that crap company is relying and only milking their generic piece of crap mmo world of whorecraft-I mean scamcraf-I mean milkcraf-I mean world of warcraft.

Seriously.  MMO's can ruin IP's as well.  I mean, look at what happened to Star Wars:  KOTOR?

Well, I enjoy Old republic more than Kotor2 for that matter ... each char-story is miles ahead of the incoherent un-starwarsy mess of a story told in Kotor2 as far as I am concerned. So personally, Kotor started to decline with Kotor2, Old Republic is hardly to blame ^^

Archived