(ALPHA) Devious Followers Redux

(ALPHA) Devious Followers Redux

View File

Devious Followers turns any follower into a tricky hireling that wants to lure you into slavery. The follower charges you for their services, and if you cannot pay, you can instead take "deals" that involve bondage and humiliation for the follower's amusement. Fall too far into debt and your follower might take more drastic action...

This is a revamp of @Lupine00's continuation of @Lozeak's Devious Followers based on @nomkaz's SE conversion (try saying that three times really fast) that aims to realize Lupine's roadmap items and make it easier for developers (including myself) to add new rules, games, jobs, and punishments in a consistent, conflict-free manner. A full list of changes from DFC can be found below.

As the title implies, this in alpha due to a significant rewrite of major internal systems; bug reports are highly appreciated. Additional rule selection balancing is likely required so feedback on that topic is also welcome. Suggestions for new rules can be posted in the development thread.

Compatibility

This is a standalone release that merges and enhances Devious Followers Continued and Devious Followers Framework. You only need this download. Mods that patch DFC are likely incompatible (I am not aware of any).

Requirements

Hard:

Soft:

Recommended:

Addons

Installation

1. Install the mod as you would any other
    1. Select the SLACS patch if you're using Sexlab Advanced Cum Stages
    2. Select the Cutting Room Floor patch is you're using Cutting Room Floor
  2. Install any addons you'd like
  3. Make a new game
  4. Register the DF Spank animations in SLAL (if you want the spank rule)

For Users

I highly recommend disabling built in slavery and instead relying on SS++ and/or Submissive Lola handoff. This component is in the middle of a significant rewrite and should be treated as nonfunctional. The potion quest has been disabled for similar reasons.

Gameplay Mechanics

Spoiler

Snipped and edited from the DFC page. You can find a full guide written by @Lupine00 here although certain aspects have been changed.

• Your follower charges for their services, on a daily basis. You can configure how much they charge and how often they update their bill.
  • You must regularly pay them - some debt is allowed - and interest can accrue.
  • If you you are in too much debt, you must resolve the problem by taking deals, otherwise the follower may force you into deals, or take items from you to reduce the debt, or ultimately force you into slavery.
  • Deal consist of rules that are dynamically selected according to your willpower, number of existing rules, and other factors
  • Each deal relieves a certain amount of debt and provides a discount to further expenses (you can limit the discount).
  • You can pay off deals if you have enough money, thus getting rid of the deal.
  • Deals have a minimum period. Deals cost more to pay off before their minimum period.
  • Most deals involve bondage or humiliation. Some involve both.
  • While deals can be intrusive, they are designed not to totally stop you playing normal Skyrim.
  • Things that happen to the PC can reduce a new stat called Willpower.
  • If the PC's willpower gets too low, it becomes harder to avoid bad deals or resist arbitrary demands from the follower.
  • High willpower characters can pick and choose their deals (for a price), lower willpower characters must take what they get.
  • If you end up in devious devices, sometimes the follower will accept payment to help you out.
  • The follower can play a (somewhat unfair) gambling game where you can win (or lose) money.
  • The follower can play a (somewhat unfair) gambling game where they offer restraint keys in exchange for debt.
  • Sometimes, the follower will take advantage of your mishaps with devices and add more, settings tasks you must complete before release.
  • Wearing the wrong device in the wrong place can be hazardous, and the follower is more likely to begin a "game" in those cases.
  • The follower has a number of "lives" that are lost when they enter bleedout, or perform certain tasks for you.
  • Followers become very grumpy and unhelpful when their lives reach zero.
  • Restore follower lives by sleeping for at least six hours.
  • If the player opts into it, or the PC gets into too much debt, the follower may take control of the PC's gold.
  • This is both a mechanism to mitigate theft from the player, and to make it worse.
  • Any time you can pay off all your debts, the follower doesn't control your gold, and have enough willpower, you can get rid of the follower.
  • If you have deals, or owe money, or have very low willpower, you cannot get rid of the follower.
  • Characters with very low willpower may automatically gain a follower.
  • There is an optional minimum contract period. 
  • The follower is essential and cannot simply be killed to get rid of them.
  • Multiple followers are supported, though only one will be devious at a time, you can configure how much extra you are charged.
  • There is an MCM lockout for the truly hardcore that is vicious. Use at your peril. It's OFF by default (once turned on, there is no OFF switch).
  • Each day there aren't enough deals to amuse the follower, the follower becomes more Bored.
  • Bored followers charge extra for their services. Thus daily expenses tend to increase over time.
  • You can get spanked to reduce the follower's boredom.
  • Each time you pay your debts, you lose a little bit of your ability to resist the follower's attacks on your willpower.
  • Pay off deals or make cash donations to priests to improve your resistance again.
  • If you get into too much debt, you can be enslaved (optional). The enslavement should still let you play Skyrim, up to a point, but there's a lot of bondage, sex and humiliation.
  • DFC slavery does not have whipping (yet), but there are other punishments.
  • The follower may eventually dispose of you, via Simple Slavery, or a built-in DFC mechanism (optional configuration).
  • If you don't enable slavery the worst outcome is some harsh bondage.
  • You can configure DFC enslavement to use Submissive Lola the Resubmission instead.

Redux Changes

Spoiler
  • The classic deal selection system has been streamlined with classic deals being replaced with rule paths. This avoids overlap and conflicts between classic deals and modular rules. Every deal is now truly dynamic but rules are still picked in a consistent manner according to paths providing the flexibility of modular rules with the cogency of classic deals.
  • Rule paths are defined using regular config files, allowing anyone to create their own custom paths. Refer to the built in paths found in Data/SKSE/Plugins/Devious Followers Redux/Packs/Devious Followers/Paths as a guide.
  • Rule selection for deals is more intelligent, factoring in willpower, number of deals, paths, and other stats. However, this system will require balancing work.
  • Rules can be dynamically registered by external addons making the process of adding new content and dialogue variations considerably easier
  • Now all rules can be individually toggled within the MCM's rules page. Rules are organized into packs where the default pack is of course Devious Followers.
  • Crawling has been converted to Open Animation Replacer. There is a FNIS compatibility mode but I highly recommend using OAR
  • The device library has been updated to leverage Devious Devices 5.0
  • The device selection system has been significantly sped up with the introduction of new native functions
  • Various bug fixes for different rules, enforcement, and behaviour
  • The potion quest has been temporarily disabled - this will likely be superseded by new systems
  • The whore armor deal now allows you to set your own custom armors using a simple config file. By default the provided armors will be pulled from TAWOBA 6.1.

User Configuration

Spoiler
  • The whore armor options can be edited in Data/SKSE/Plugins/Devious Followers Redux/Config/whore-armor.json.
  • You can assign your own custom weights for rule selection in Data/SKSE/Plugins/Devious Followers Redux/Config/preferences.yaml. If any of the options don't make sense or you would like additional controls post in the thread.
  • You can remove or add devices to each category using Data/SKSE/Plugins/Devious Followers Redux/Config/devices.json. You can define generic filters on name using "filters": [] field which will attempt to match the strings passed in with the names of a device. For example, "filters": ["iron", "steel", "leather"] will pick iron, steel, and leather devices. If none are found in the desired category, it will fall back to considering the entire list.

Files which include default in the name aren't intended to be edited and instead act as a fallback in case the user-defined file is invalid.

For Modders

Spoiler

A guide for your creating your own rules can be found here.

If you're interested in creating your own rules for Devious Followers, please let me know or post in the development thread.

@Lupine00's API guide can be found here.

Future Plans

Spoiler
  • Follower personalities with varied dialogue and influenced rule selection. For example, a profiteer is more likely to offer rules where they stand to make money while a religious follower is more likely to offer you rules like chastity and cuffs.
  • Relationship progression system and slavery overhaul, detailed here.
  • Modularised game and punishment system
  • Jobs system where your follower can offer or force you to complete certain quests with rewards and punishments on success or failure
  • Strengthening the SLTR handoff
  • The items on Lupine's roadmap

Credits

• @Lupine00 for Devious Followers Continued and an absolute goldmine of a development blog
  • @Lozeak for Devious Followers and permission to continue the project
  • @nomkaz for Devious Followers Continued and permission to use the SE conversion as a base
  • @Aldid, @inviz.t, and @jc321 for invaluable testing and feedback
  • All the folks credited in the continuation and original pages

If you'd like to support subsequent development, get early access to some stuff, and vote on what comes next, consider becoming a Patron:

patreon.png.49f08dd7a4b6f10c9e54bbe7f2c05a91.png  Patreon      discord1.png.5123da120cf0ea9662d041e8c0711eb4.png  Discord

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/05/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    Sexlab, Sexlab Aroused, Devious Devices, PapyrusUtil, PO3 Papyrus Extender, Open Animation Replacer, SKSE, Address Library
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

7 minutes ago, MolagBalsFriend said:

I think there's a minor bug on this initial release:

Rules in the base mod MCM cannot be enabled, they can only be disabled.
However enabling rules in the maid addon works fine.

Seems to work on my end, which rules have you tried enabling and are you sure you have the necessary soft dependencies?

33 minutes ago, ponzipyramid said:

Seems to work on my end, which rules have you tried enabling and are you sure you have the necessary soft dependencies?

A fresh save on a new character fixed all the problems. I had replaced the old framework with this one on my current save file which probably caused the issue in the first place.

35 minutes ago, MolagBalsFriend said:

A fresh save on a new character fixed all the problems. I had replaced the old framework with this one on my current save file which probably caused the issue in the first place.

Ah, good point, totally forgot to mention a new game in the description.

Nice to see someone took up the torch on this one.
Sadly I assume that means that the voice files (https://www.loverslab.com/topic/130527-devious-followers-continued/page/136/#comment-3410125 & https://www.loverslab.com/topic/130527-devious-followers-continued/?do=findComment&comment=3615671) will no longer work. Major bummer ... if likely unavoidable. Let's hope someone finds it in himself to create new voice files for your version.
As for the modder part, not really one (so far), but I had considered adding something to your DF Framework, just been waiting for the documentation you hinted was forthcoming, guess that's off the table now. ^^ Same goes for this mod though, any framework and any API is only as good as its documentation.

1 hour ago, Talesien said:

Probably not.

1 hour ago, Talesien said:

As for the modder part, not really one (so far), but I had considered adding something to your DF Framework, just been waiting for the documentation you hinted was forthcoming, guess that's off the table now. ^^ Same goes for this mod though, any framework and any API is only as good as its documentation.

This kind of post is what I was looking for to indicate I should get started on that. Tough to justify writing docs if no one's interested in reading them ;).

25 minutes ago, Johannes01 said:

May it be possible to provide a json example for whore-outfit.json? Struggling with adding ids from other mods (Especially that have those Form IDs FE000)

whore-armors.default.json is where the default armors are pulled from. You can model your custom file after that (make sure it's named whore-armor.json). There are items pulled from bikini mage robes which is compacted (FE). You can just omit that part of the form ID.

Edited by ponzipyramid

Some bugs I found so far, this is, with 0.17, but from the changelog I guess it's still valid:

1.) I can't enable spanking. I checked and under other mods settings it states: Spanking available and DF - Spank ok. Still, I can't enable it under rules. (I do not have STA installed, nor was that required earlier. I'm also not going to install STA. That mod is way too messy and interferes with way too many things. So I hope it's not suddenly a requirement for spanking now.)

2.) The descriptions for Simple Slavery enslave in DFC are still messed up (no, that's not new, but now there is a chance to get it fixed). ^^

Not a bug, but can the boxbinder that was introduced with DD5 (or was it 5.1) be included either for Jacketed or Bound in town?

Finally, I think it might be worthwhile to tell people where the rules from Dealers Choice can be found. I was just about to include with the bugs when I finally noticed that drop down.

8 minutes ago, Talesien said:

Some bugs I found so far, this is, with 0.17, but from the changelog I guess it's still valid:

1.) I can't enable spanking. I checked and under other mods settings it states: Spanking available and DF - Spank ok. Still, I can't enable it under rules. (I do not have STA installed, nor was that required earlier. I'm also not going to install STA. That mod is way too messy and interferes with way too many things. So I hope it's not suddenly a requirement for spanking now.)

2.) The descriptions for Simple Slavery enslave in DFC are still messed up (no, that's not new, but now there is a chance to get it fixed). ^^

Not a bug, but can the boxbinder that was introduced with DD5 (or was it 5.1) be included either for Jacketed or Bound in town?

Finally, I think it might be worthwhile to tell people where the rules from Dealers Choice can be found. I was just about to include with the bugs when I finally noticed that drop down.

Yeah, I'm not sure where this came from but I was able to solve it by registering in SLAL, quitting to main menu, and loading back in to enable the rule. The check just ensures the necessary anims are found so this might be some kind of SL quirk. Might need to look for an alternative. And STA isn't a hard dependency and won't be especially given its been removed.

Noted.

Thanks for the callout, I'll include instructions some screenshots of the MCM on the file page.

Edited by ponzipyramid
1 hour ago, ponzipyramid said:

Yeah, I'm not sure where this came from but I was able to solve it by registering in SLAL, quitting to main menu, and loading back in to enable the rule. The check just ensures the necessary anims are found so this might be some kind of SL quirk. Might need to look for an alternative. And STA isn't a hard dependency and won't be especially given its been removed.

Truly odd one that, just came here to mention that I fixed it ... by running SLATE with Osmels Action log. Or perhaps it was the AnimCache cleaning I did right afterwards. Odd one in any case.

using ESL everythings app,this mod cannot turn esl plugin, and script error like getformfiles,can u fix these script errors,so it can turn esl,log here

look like it need fix slaconfigscr.psc script from sexlab aroused,slif_main.psc sexLab Inflation and fnis.psc from fnis,not this mod.

esl logs.txt

Edited by xone567
13 hours ago, xone567 said:

using ESL everythings app,this mod cannot turn esl plugin, and script error like getformfiles,can u fix these script errors,so it can turn esl,log here

look like it need fix slaconfigscr.psc script from sexlab aroused,slif_main.psc sexLab Inflation and fnis.psc from fnis,not this mod.

esl logs.txt 27.62 kB · 3 downloads

DF has been around for too long in esp format for me to consider compacting it. The scripts you point out are indicative of that. I can guarantee any add-ons I publish will be compacted.

3 hours ago, Leoosp said:

@ponzipyramid For your information SE has drop in alternatives for FadeTats and RapeTats. These are as follows:-

I've already linked elliesec's updated version.

2 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

On a new SE game:

I cannot enable the spanking rule. I have the DF spanking mini pack for animations along with Spank That Ass SE. The mod is detecting STA has instaleld completely.

The potion section of the MCM have the options greyed out, so I cannot set them.

Quit to main menu and load back in, you'll be able to register then. The potion quest is disabled due to long standing bugs. Given how short the thread is, please read prior posts before making one.

1 hour ago, KajsaRikka said:

I'm excited that development is continuing on DF. Do you think it would be feasible to add support for BM License in the follower license management feature now that SLS seems to be sunsetting?

Yep, Gyra and I have talked about that integration. SLS and STA will continue to be supported but I'll be focusing further development on active projects.

A few more 'bugs/oddities' I noticed:

1.) Deal enslavement via SimpleSlavery appears to be broken. You get 'delivered' to your devious follower just fine, but you get no deals at all. Perhaps that's because originally one only got classic deals via that route and you seem to have done away with that distinction.
2.) Bound in town, can take a bit to tie you up, which isn't that new and not that big of a problem, but it now also can take forever to get untied after leaving the 'city' (yes I'm aware that the surroundings of a city count as part of it, that's not the problem, problem is getting reliably untied soon as you enter a wilderness or dungeon cell). I had a particular problematic moment with the Potema quest (where you enter her catacombs via the temple of the divines). Perhaps it's because it's one of the rare cases where you go from a city indoor cell directly into a dungeon, no idea, but it took my follower forever (past the first few draugers) to finally untie me. There is no script lag involved either, I've consistently around 80ms, occasionally spiking to around 100 in busy areas (and neither wilderness nor dungeons count as such).
3.) It seems the whore deal now comes with a mandatory anal plug with attached sign. I really don't like those and accordingly I've the avoid HDT Sign checkbox ticked. Yes, it's not the plug deal per se, but IMHO that's still directly violating the spirit of that setting. Perhaps consider using a tattoo instead if that box is ticked (or in general).
There is also the consideration that depending on your mods/filters (definitely with Osmels SLU+) wearing an Anal plug filters out all anal animations.

Edited by Talesien