(ALPHA) Devious Followers Redux

Yeah point 4) extra gold is working as intended - or at least that's how it's always been. If you can carry 2000 gold you get 2000 gold. Whatever you spend in excess of what you have turns into debt. It's espically dangerous if you have mods where all your gold might get stolen - because then you'll get another 2000 gold and your debt has just gone up a bunch.

Also getting the start game crash with the crashlog pointing to the DeviousFollowersRedux dll.

In your requirements you list the latest version of PapyrusUtil which is 4.4, which isn't released for non AE skyrim SE. So unless the NG lib gets around that somehow, wouldn't that cause problems? I haven't really done any dll compiling so this is just a guess.

5 hours ago, Yuuen said:

Also getting the start game crash with the crashlog pointing to the DeviousFollowersRedux dll.

In your requirements you list the latest version of PapyrusUtil which is 4.4, which isn't released for non AE skyrim SE. So unless the NG lib gets around that somehow, wouldn't that cause problems? I haven't really done any dll compiling so this is just a guess.

There's no dll dependencies. The cause is some json parsing when the plugin tries to load the device library into memory. I updated visual studio which broke the build so fixes are delayed.

12 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

There's no dll dependencies. The cause is some json parsing when the plugin tries to load the device library into memory. I updated visual studio which broke the build so fixes are delayed.

gotcha, good luck

Edited by Yuuen

been truing to get this running, keep getting an SKSE error "could not load plugin (0000007e)" any idea how to fix?

Edit: so I found out the problem. I was missing the most up to date redistributiables because I was running this on a steam deck. Updating the version of proton I was using fixed the issue. I know this is like a SUPER specific use case but here’s the answer for posterity.

Edited by noncorporeal

Thanks for taking over this mod!

I tried to add the DF spanking anim pack after noticing it was necessary for the spanking event in the MCM, and after installing it and running FNIS, all NPCs just T Pose. Any thoughts on whats going on and how to fix it to install and use it for the spanking event to work?

Thanks for updating this mod, I've been enjoying it so far.

I noticed that the innkeeper deal is broken. When I approach an innkeeper they just say "Welcome" and nothing happens. I also notice that the innkeeper deal also activates the merchant deal for some reason.

On 12/10/2023 at 9:41 PM, Addramyr said:

Anyone else getting a CTD when Devious Followers Redux is added to their load order, does not get to the main menu? I am using MO2 and the latest versions of the hard requirements (am also using anniversary edition

I am also am getting the CTD before getting to the main menu

General FYI, I've fixed these problems locally but I also made the stupid decision to also overhaul enslavement which ended up taking far longer than expected. I'm hoping to drop something in early January. If the mod works for you, great, it should continue working. But for everyone else who wants to try it, just hold tight.

Edited by ponzipyramid
On 12/13/2023 at 3:55 PM, ponzipyramid said:

General FYI, I've fixed these problems locally but I also made the stupid decision to also overhaul enslavement which ended up taking far longer than expected. I'm hoping to drop something in early January. If the mod works for you, great, it should continue working. But for everyone else who wants to try it, just hold tight.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to playing with the fixes and to see what you did with enslavement :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2023 at 6:55 PM, ponzipyramid said:

I just came here to report this very thing! Glad it's on your radar.

To provide the information I have anyway, just incase it's helpful:

SSEEdit detected no problems, but when the game finishes loading in the title menu, it crashes. I fortunately have crash logger and it squarely points to this mod as the culprit (log attached). When I disabled the mod in vortex and redeployed, the title menu loads in without issue.

Since the issue seems to be resolved, I'll spare the load order and patiently/eagerly await the update.

crash-2023-12-31-15-59-14.log

Hello!

Thanks for the great upgrade, it's a renew well appreciated.
I've just a question: when i'm enslaved by my follower, my character is crwling, even if i've deactivated "crawling in towns" from rules.
How can i get ride of this effect? have fail to do this by myself.

Edited by Algarinor

I am getting a CTD as soon as the game loads main menu, even after removing all other mods [Obviously other than required]. Disabling this mod fixes it, but I for the life of me am unable to figure out the problem.

For context: I am on AE 640, all other mods seem to work fine, and I have reinstalled this mod, as well as all of the required mods.

**Edit** I somehow didn't see that there was a page 4 with others reporting the same issue, I will await the update with the others.

Edited by pingbi146
Stupidity

Ok, i find it.
Was the slave boot who force me to crawl, and description is just too tight to be lisible on my screen.

Now i just need to find how i can play a devious slave without wearing those damn boot :D

Edited by Algarinor

Great so far, just a couple things:

1) The debt indicator in the MCM seems to go negative after making a bunch of deals, even though debt is actually at zero

2) The event where your follower puts you in a petsuit and brings you to the jarl seems to be broken. After talking to the jarl, the camera and controls get locked, and nothing happens. Tried letting it sit for a bit just in case something was taking a while, but no dice. Have to revert to an earlier save. This happens consistently whenever the event triggers, even with different holds (so far has happend in markarth and whiterun for me)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2023 at 11:12 AM, ponzipyramid said:

Do we have an ETA on a fix, even a ballpark?

During the sex scene, the plug with the whore's price tag is removed(automatically).
The Devious Follower increases debt (lost the price tag).
After the sex scene, the plug is requipped(automatically).

Add pause of check rule during the sex scene, please.

4 hours ago, keppermiem_g said:

During the sex scene, the plug with the whore's price tag is removed(automatically).
The Devious Follower increases debt (lost the price tag).
After the sex scene, the plug is requipped(automatically).

Add pause of check rule during the sex scene, please.

Yep, next update has a generalised pause rules during sex system since this issue also pops up for gags.

19 hours ago, pingbi146 said:

Do we have an ETA on a fix, even a ballpark?

Mid-February is my target. I'd say most of the enslavement overhaul is complete, but it's taking some time translating the older content to the newer system. Specifically, I've made the games a modular system like the rules so I can build more in add-on packs. And I'm still working on a new jobs system that the enslavement system practically necessitates. If folks are interested, I can expound on what the changes are exactly but I also don't want to over-promise in case something needs to change.