SexLab TDF Prostitution and Pimping (the former "Aggressive Prostitution") v2.2.5.5

After updating to the Sexlab 1.58b I have some problems with animations in this mod, I re-run FNIS and installed new version of LOOT, but problem remain, could this be incompatibility with latest SexLab? Also do I need to have creatures animations (in SexLab) enabled for this mod to fully work? Cuz I have them disabled..

Is it possible to assign music to certain dance animation? Or even ask the bard to play that music when you dance. Would look stupid of course, bard playing drums, guitar and other stuff at the same time but I think it's better that music out of nowhere or adding something like mp3 players anyway.

The feature's already been integrated a certain way and those new features would require a different sort of integration. Besides, the whole dancing idea is really secondary to the real focus of this mod, so I'm not really keen to overhaul it.

Now, just because, even if I don't  plan to add in a requested feature, I like to think about what I would do if I had to add it in. The trouble with your requested features is that I have to account for up to 4 dancers, potentially executing 4 different dance animations. I can't really think of an efficient way to control 4 different music tracks. There are also some problems with how the bards would be handled in light of the different animation lengths.

I've tested this myself, from beginning to end of the animations, and can't reproduce the issue. The update only changed two lines (one in the mod's player dance script and one in the mod's prostitute dance script; both lines are identical). I just changed it from essentially "string[] DanceAnimArray = new string[10]" (I had forgotten to change this from previous versions where there when there were only 10 dance animations) to "string[] DanceAnimArray = new string[15]" (since there are now 15 dance animations). What is notable is that it didn't matter whether the number was 10 or 15, or really any positive number perhaps below 255; it can't cause crashing.

Are you sure that you used the Reset Quests option (along with following the rest of the Update instructions)?

I figured that if the user wanted that, they'd just use the regular proposition dialogue ("Looking for some company...?"). When I was writing the dialogue, I didn't really think too much about it aside from what I thought might be mildly funny. Still, I think such an option would be kind of redundant.

You know, it would be great if you make an optional answer to have sex with an npc instead of making her a "worker" after "do you want to make some coin with that body?" line.

Awesome mod btw.

I expected there to be a similar option there. The "looking for some company...?" line should have the npc pay the player, where as having a line under  "do you want to make some coin with that body?", should have the player pay the NPC for some good times.

Or they both could remain in their existing state, but be slightly altered to be under a single dialogue branch, to simply narrow down the root NPC dialogue tree, as there are quite a few mods on this site that add dialogue options and trying to remember which belongs to what mod can be tough.

I've tested this myself, from beginning to end of the animations, and can't reproduce the issue. The update only changed two lines (one in the mod's player dance script and one in the mod's prostitute dance script; both lines are identical). I just changed it from essentially "string[] DanceAnimArray = new string[10]" (I had forgotten to change this from previous versions where there when there were only 10 dance animations) to "string[] DanceAnimArray = new string[15]" (since there are now 15 dance animations). What is notable is that it didn't matter whether the number was 10 or 15, or really any positive number perhaps below 255; it can't cause crashing.

Are you sure that you used the Reset Quests option (along with following the rest of the Update instructions)?

I did a complete clean save when updating. I'll try another reset and clean save, just to be sure it's not a one time quirk.

Latest version was the first one I've tried where asking an NPC to dance didn't give me a random CTD. New dances aren't any more lore friendly than before but whatever; really liked Kiss Me.

Anyway, one thing annoyed me a lot. People propositioning me for sex, yeah, that's umh the point of the mod. But after about 20 minutes I had a backlog of 20 people waiting to do me. I couldn't remember who after a while. Maybe add a third option - No, I'm no sexing u. Or a whoring ledger for your house(s).

There is such an option. When the NPC approaches the player, there is a choice to accept or reject. Accepting will slot the NPC into the normal client-following-player role (the player must then engage them in dialogue again and select the appropriae dialogue option to begin the SexLab animation). During this time, other NPCs may approach the player (again, the same choices are present); if the player accepts, the new NPC is slotted into the role and the previous NPC is kicked out. Likewise, the player can proposition an NPC and this can cause the same effect. Choosing the decline dialogue option means that the NPC won't approach the player again for about 5 in-game hours and the player won't be able to proposition them for 1 in-game hour. After that 1 hour, the player may approach the NPC within 4 in-game hours and say "So, are you ready for me?" (this is the same dialogue option as in the description for player prostitution). This is all optional; the player character does not have to have sex with all of these NPCs. In fact, their desire for the player character expires after those four hours, so there is no need to worry over it.

I'm not sure if that helped, so post again if it didn't.

Well.

I'm still on my opinion: THIS is the best, most stable and bugfree prostitution mod I ever seen. Thank you a lot, TDF!

I'm here again to suggest the next step or, if possible, a new feature:

Mainly, allow the user to choose (via MCM settings) which animations will be played.

By my point of view, this is the only little, very little, lack that I have with the mod.

It still uses, for the most part, aggressive animations (due it was started as "aggressive prostitution, I guess).

But many of them, by my point of view, I repeat, are ugly. I try to disable almost all of them in the SexLab menus and I assigned few others to the aggresive tab.

If we have the choice to select which animations will be played by this mod, exactly like it is for dances, it will be a great feature.

Have a nice day.

New game, in fact.

Reinstalled everything from scratch, the main game included.

Could be an issue due SexLab, indeed. I noticed that many animations must be tagged into both normal and aggressive tabs to be availables in the aggressive part. (SL 1.58b).

It could be that the flags are counted twice, so those animations are in some manner availables both as normal and as aggressive.

Of course, this doesn't happen always. Only sometimes. But it happens.

Anyhow ... how about my idea?

Oh, well, based on the scripts in my mod, aggressive animations can be chosen. I just assumed that SexLab Framework would have an option to restrict aggressive animations that would restrict such animations based on the user's preference. Of course, I haven't been paying much attention lately: has the MCM option been removed?

The option to restrict aggressive animations is still in the SexLab's MCM menu.

About your mod:

with the latest 1.8 (and then 1.8.6.1b version) I noticed one thing about the pimped whore's dance.

She no longer stops (at least this happens in my game) to dance until I, the player, tell her to stop.

If I remember well, in the previous versions the dancers stopped to dance at the end of the music.

Is this normal?

(It's NOT an issue, btw. Only curiousity).

I'll have to look into whether or not the Restrict Aggressive Animations option is doing its job.

About the music. The animation continues regardless of the music. Let's say that an animation is 5 minutes long and you have music that is 4 minutes long. The animation and music will start. After 4 minutes the music will end but the animation will not have finished. The next track will then play for the last minute and both will end once the dance animation is done.

So, I'll just sum up what I'm trying to do:

- Figure out the issue with Aggressive animations sneaking in there (I swear I've noticed it happening before I was watching out for it, but I can't seem to reproduce it right now; weird).

- Add an option to the tree where the player can currently only hire an NPC prostitute to work for them.

- Revisit that idea of having a prostitute work completely autonomously alone in a city, using the player's home as a base. I've added a few tools to my toolbox after working on my new follower mod, Mytha.

I've been a little busy lately, and I tend to forget what I'm doing (i.e. I can't add new features in over multiple work sessions), so I usually have to have a large chunk of time to add in a new feature, so the point is that this could take a while.