Why I removed Captured Dreams and my other mods..

Long time no speak, but thank you for all the work you put into CD Veladarius. I truly hope that things improve for you and wish you all the very best for the future.

Those of us with long memories will never forget you and your wonderful contributions to the mods here.

I makes me sad to see you go. Captured Dreams was the mod that got me interested in DD back then, and I have been a fan of it ever since. I am not even sure I'd have stayed on LL for long, had it not literally captured me. It was way ahead of its time and you deserve all the kudos in the world for making it, and putting so much love into it. Thank you!

I wish you all the best!

Kimy

Very sad to read this! I really like CD, and it's sad it has come to this, but I do understand you. Thank you very much for all your great, hard work! It's been appreciated greatly! 
One can always hope you some day find your way back to Captured Dreams! I Would love to see it as you intended it to be!

Best of wishes!

I agree with all the posters, sad to hear this but i fully understand. I have been batteling deppresion for my entire life too and finaly decided to ask for help. I have kinda the same problem. No highs just lows so i got diagnosed with Dysthymic Disorder. If you havent heard of it it might fit your symptoms. Anyways just wanted to say i hope you will get better and good luck!

I am so sorry to read of your health troubles and hope that you find some peace and happiness.  Though I have been away from LL for the past few months, I adore this community and respect the immense part your mods have played in creating and supporting it.  Thank you for all your kindness and words of encouragement.  Your scene building will continue to be an inspiration to me as I complete my work. Be well.

Keanu reeves was asked his opinions on death. I believe what he said was "I know that the ones who love us, will miss us". 
By burning down the house in this way, by deleting your legacy, killing your baby, you have achieved in making the community that adored your work, miss it. 

Beyond that, I know not what you have or will accomplish with this action. But best wishes to your future. Your content showed me that LL content could rise to have context and frame stories, and buggy or not it was absolutely excellent. Thank you for sharing it with us in th epast, though I miss the opportunity to experience it once more in the future.

I don't want to sound insensitive, and I respect your decision to remove them, but would it be possible to make them open source so someone can continue the mod if they feel like it? It seems like a lot of work might go to waste is all, maybe someone would be willing to go through the process of updating them?
just a thought. Your health comes before your mod so I wont blame you if you decide against it.
thanks for the great mod m8. good luck with whatever comes next.

damn that was unexpected.

i just loved your Captured Dreams mod, the story was one of the most "clean" and fun to experience for a bdsm junkie like me and the display shop was the cherry on the cake.

thanks for everything, you will truly be missed here.

I miss da shop. had to uninstall because it caused lots of issues with its bugs. sadcat. but I understand how depression can be. I can't offer any advice other than what worked for me...with me, my problem was fructose malabsorbtion. if food had fructose, it got stuck in my bloodstream and degraded the serotonin precursor. end result: incapable of happiness. thus, any depressing stuff snowballed hard. So...you could try cutting anything with fructose (table sugar, corn syrup etc) out of your diet. it may help, or it may do absolutely nothing. I don't know any specifics about your condition, so I cant help any more than this. wish you da best. big hugs. be well!

I remember my first experience modding skyrim, I had downloaded CD and all the requirements and heading down the road past the Mill I saw the shop in game for the first time.  My game was never modded before so seeing something different was like playing a totally different game.  I walked up the hill and entered the shop not really sure what to expect, I had not put any "adult" material in any of my games up to this point.  I was blown away and things changed forever.  I have you to thank for that and I deeply appreciate all your work.  I have also fought with depression and I know how evasive and destructive it can be.  I can control it, but I can't cure it.  I truly hope the best for you.  I'm sure if there comes a time you want to come back, you will be welcomed with open arms.  Please take care of yourself and thank you for everything.

On 8/24/2019 at 8:49 PM, Legohon2 said:

I don't want to sound insensitive, and I respect your decision to remove them, but would it be possible to make them open source so someone can continue the mod if they feel like it? It seems like a lot of work might go to waste is all, maybe someone would be willing to go through the process of updating them?
just a thought. Your health comes before your mod so I wont blame you if you decide against it.
thanks for the great mod m8. good luck with whatever comes next.

Just updating the items is a huge undertaking as there are well over 100 devices (closer to 200 I think) that need rescripted (quest items need the scripts tweaked, standard items need the new scripts added and both will need the properties filled), Manor Slave needs rebuilt. I have much of it done except the hardest part, the mechanics and dialogue that run the quest (rebuilt 5 different times since the last update, kept running into issues). Customer Assist 02 needs the core rebuilt as does Chaste Spouse (can share the same basic mechanics though). Parts of Property Slave need tweaked to work better. Elisif quest needs some work to ensure that it advances properly. The encounters with Ariasha and Rayani need rebuilt and expanded. The two new quests in Manor Slave need linked into it. Other quests needs tweaks and such done here and there. There are other issues that can't be fixed because they are caused by how Skyrim works, I have done all I can to mitigate the issues but they can still happen (force greet issue is the major one).

Most modders that are proficient with DD, building advanced dialogue, scenes and AI packages and can do major scripting generally already have their own projects they are working on. Also, this project is rather personal to me so I won't just hand it over and let them do what they want, things need to be how I want them to (how they are scripted and such are not an issue but how the quests flow and the dialogue and such has be the way I want it).

As far as my mental health it is likely not going to change. The only anti-depressant that works for me also causes anxiety and previous medications I have taken have done permanent damage to me (physically and mentally). Right now my choice with the anti-depressant is take 1 dose a day (currently doing) and have the swings in mood be slower but depression is a lot worse or take 2 doses a day and have the mood swings more often, more physical side effects and possibly have anxiety attacks just sitting at home instead of just when I leave the house but have the depression be a bit less severe.

In the past year and a half I have tried over a dozen different medications, more than double that in the last four. My psychiatrist (works for a university both in their hospital and sees patients individually and is a senior doctor there) has exhausted the medications that are used to treat my conditions as well as ones that are not made specifically for my problems but have some effect on them and has said that I am pretty much stuck where I am. I am considered completely disabled and unable to work and collect Social Security Disability (I would rather be working as I can easily make 2x - 3x what I get from it but it pays the mortgage). I take things day by day and do what I need to to get through to the next, it is what it is.

It was a honor having you here. I do hope that you change your mind and leave us the most recent copies of your work as many users here (myself included) still use it with earlier versions of DD. Still, they are your mods so you are free to do what want with them.

Anyways, best of luck moving on!

Hi Veladarius, thank you for this mod.

I hope you don't delete all your source files or work. One day maybe someone you can trust and endorse may want to pick up the mantle for this mod and make you proud. It is nice knowing you made something that leaves a lasting impression, fond memories and is embraced by a community. Sad to see it go.

I will miss all of your personality that you put into this mod and hope you find can find a way through your troubles. 

8 hours ago, andagain said:

Hi Veladarius, thank you for this mod.

I hope you don't delete all your source files or work. One day maybe someone you can trust and endorse may want to pick up the mantle for this mod and make you proud. It is nice knowing you made something that leaves a lasting impression, fond memories and is embraced by a community. Sad to see it go.

I will miss all of your personality that you put into this mod and hope you find can find a way through your troubles. 

Or learn from it. Sure there's a lot there that could inspire the future. Maybe Veladarius might find some purpose in doing a little mod consulting? Way less of a commitment then trying to keep a mod up and running, especially one with dependencies that require constant upkeep.