Creatures Overhaul - Workshop - On indefinite hold

• 2 months later...

i haven't really read through the entire post but are you planning on adding more horse animations? If you need some inspiration, there are some really good ones for skyrim as of right now. Perhaps you could lend them from the Original animator so that you can transform them for oblivions format? Perhaps that could safe you some time? Just throwing something on the table here.

I'm taking a very long and frankly a well deserved break.  I have no idea whether I'll take this back up or not.  Definitely won't be anytime soon.  The problems are numerous:

1.  All the meshes and skeletons have to be created.  Figure about 3-4 months working 30 hours a week.

2.  There is a shit ton of work to build in the support for animations using the construction set.  Figure about 200 to 300 hours.

3.  Then creating the animations, exporting them, redoing the kf file format and building the ini files.  Figure about 8-9 months working 30 hours a week.

The overhaul of 142 animations I did to create the LAPF nearly broke me.  I only had to create two meshes and two skeletons.  It took me a year and a half to do it.

In Lovers Creatures there are 30+ creatures and 250+ animations.  It was way more than I could do by myself, especially when I was so burnt out from doing the LAPF. 

Top it all off with the fact that meshes and skeletons are my Achilles heel (I absolutely suck at weight painting and mesh editing) and we are where we are today.
If was just animating......well......I might be inclined to slowly plug away at it.  But all the rest......pretty much discourages me from trying.

• 1 month later...

I'm taking a very long and frankly a well deserved break.  I have no idea whether I'll take this back up or not.  Definitely won't be anytime soon.  The problems are numerous:

1.  All the meshes and skeletons have to be created.  Figure about 3-4 months working 30 hours a week.

2.  There is a shit ton of work to build in the support for animations using the construction set.  Figure about 200 to 300 hours.

3.  Then creating the animations, exporting them, redoing the kf file format and building the ini files.  Figure about 8-9 months working 30 hours a week.

The overhaul of 142 animations I did to create the LAPF nearly broke me.  I only had to create two meshes and two skeletons.  It took me a year and a half to do it.

In Lovers Creatures there are 30+ creatures and 250+ animations.  It was way more than I could do by myself, especially when I was so burnt out from doing the LAPF. 

Top it all off with the fact that meshes and skeletons are my Achilles heel (I absolutely suck at weight painting and mesh editing) and we are where we are today.

If was just animating......well......I might be inclined to slowly plug away at it.  But all the rest......pretty much discourages me from trying.

I am speaking from ignorance here, but are new meshes and skeletons required to make more animations for creatures that already have meshes and skeletons, and have already had animations made for them?

And if it is truly that much work, then yeah, I can see why you put things on hold!  Wow!

Eric

snip

I am speaking from ignorance here, but are new meshes and skeletons required to make more animations for creatures that already have meshes and skeletons, and have already had animations made for them?

And if it is truly that much work, then yeah, I can see why you put things on hold!  Wow!

Eric

No, you could make animations from the existing creature meshes and skeletons.  However, they will suck.  Quite badly.  Some of the creature meshes tear very badly when you try to rotate hips or move legs/arms or whatever.  Others are just impossible to work with as their body shape just doesn't afford much in the way of "positions" due to the static penis they have (or the position of it).  This is what really bogged me down as I loaded one after another into blender and tried to see what each needed.  With every creature I loaded up, the list became longer and longer.  Coupled with my greatly increased load and responsibilities at work and how burned out I was getting the LAPF finished, I just didn't have anything more in the tank to drive me on.

I do have assets in various states (blender files and nifs) and am more than willing to pass them on to someone if they want to give it a go.

It will be about third time i bring this theme, but anyway: if so general changes in system are named to come, why not to look at alternative approach, when creature's penis will be  animated object  used in "girl's"(receiving) part of animation? As i already (long ago..) said - i will better agree, if monster's dick will be somehow misplaced relative to monster's body (due common for our situation participant's misaligment), but as profit  it will be correctly fit into corresponding girl's hole.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
20 minutes ago, garyoak said:

Ok I don't get it. On the OP it shows a long list of creatures completed but only a few have download links. Of the ''completed'' list there are only a few, where are the rest?

Sorry, only the files in post 1.

See the red text at the top of post 1

"Projrect is project is indefinitely on hold"

But the animations in LoversCreatures2 are not bad. And you can add MotionsNT ( only for the creatures not on post 1 )

• 3 years later...

Now I remember why I never downloaded this. I'd thought the animations were ones that needed to be added manually, but even if that were the case, I would have been willing with the ones I was most looking forward too, such as the imps, xivilai, and gatekeeper. But instead, the ones I was most looking forward to are- although done- not available for download. :( Such a shame.