Piracy Rule Lax Now?

Vor 2 Stunden sagte deadjester226:

Wenn ich fragen darf: Warum nicht mehr Moderatoren einstellen, um Regelverstöße effizienter zu behandeln? Ich meine, das würde helfen, nicht wahr?

Moderators are NOT hired ... if "hire" means something like "employed and paid".

they do it voluntarily - but as I myself have also co-founded and co-directed forums in my many years of life ... Moderators have to prove themselves "suitable".

which is by no means all of them - who think they are.

The reference to never having broken any law of the home country ... is in my eyes no proof of being a "better" citizen.

National laws can also be such - that conforming to the law means -> being a complete asshole

I broke all kinds of laws in my country of birth in 1988 and 1989 ... which even made me a kind of "enemy of the state" in a district of East Berlin.

It got really bad in the autumn of 1989 ... for copying a political appeal of an oppositional group I was threatened with at least 10 years in jail according to the penal code ... if one had taken the time for a trial at all.

So please be careful with statements that you have never broken a law ... to my ears it sounds like something completely different!

2 hours ago, Psalam said:

"How come Moderator A said his work wasn't piracy and Moderator B says my work is piracy when I can't see a difference?" "Why does Moderator C have it in for me?"

Having moderated forums in the past, ( Yes, I was a global moderator and managed with an iron fist, without distinction )  it is an issue I have addressed several times, and the only logical answer that shuts anyone up is only one: 
"I apply the rules, others do not, or they apply them without using the same measure". 

33 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

The reference to never having broken any law of the home country ... is in my eyes no proof of being a "better" citizen.

National laws can also be such - that conforming to the law means -> being a complete asshole

I broke all kinds of laws in my country of birth in 1988 and 1989 ... which even made me a kind of "enemy of the state" in a district of East Berlin.

It got really bad in the autumn of 1989 ... for copying a political appeal of an oppositional group I was threatened with at least 10 years in jail according to the penal code ... if one had taken the time for a trial at all.

So please be careful with statements that you have never broken a law ... to my ears it sounds like something completely different!

Don't get me wrong. I'm not someone who ALWAYS follows rules. There have been times where I, both intentionally and unintentionally, broke rules. The thing is that I mainly follow rules and laws that I see the reasoning behind. For example, follow the speed limit. Why? So you don't endanger the lives of others on the road. But again, I have broken rules before. For example, when I was a kid, I threw a rock through someone's back windshield and set someone's trashcan on fire. Why? Because I was a kid. I wouldn't do that now, but I do break rules sometimes. I just know where to draw the line.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 10:35 PM, Darkpig said:

This is all a big misunderstanding. The moderators eased up on their rules regarding pirate hats not pirating itself. Ya catch me drift matey?

No, no they do not.

You have to say shit like "BRO GET A FUCKIN DISCORD, HOW ARE YOU THIS FUCKING DENSE" and "WHAT HAPPENS ON HARD DRIVE STAY ON HARD DRIVE" and "READ THE RULES" and still people will die in craters, not even hills, because figuring out the obvious is super fucking thirsty work and apparently requires taking repeated blows to the head and face to see and then do what is literally right in front of you.

On 6/7/2023 at 12:16 AM, fagmalgma said:

its not legal in Russia, dont know why people think it is

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that Putin said he would no longer do anything to stop piracy in his country, and would promote it instead. That being after the whole Russia/Ukraine shit show. If accurate, then it may as well be legal there.

20 minutes ago, 27X said:

No, no they do not.

You have to say shit like "BRO GET A FUCKIN DISCORD, HOW ARE YOU THIS FUCKING DENSE" and "WHAT HAPPENS ON HARD DRIVE STAY ON HARD DRIVE" and "READ THE RULES" and still people will die in craters, not even hills, because figuring out the obvious is super fucking thirsty work and apparently requires taking repeated blows to the head and face to see and then do what is literally right in front of you.

I think Dark was making a joke... Unless I happened to catch a different "drift".

46 minutes ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

I think Dark was making a joke... Unless I happened to catch a different "drift".

The joke is sail where the winds take you but have enough common sense to pick the right port. At night. If you can't respect the artist, here isn't the island you want.

Edited by 27X
1 hour ago, 27X said:

No, no they do not.

That is what I got you for ???

45 minutes ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

Confirming it or denying it would require me to remember shit. Your expectations are too high. Ah! I see what you did there with the quotations   ???