I'm going to be playing for a bit, before getting back into adjusting AdultPlayPlus too much more. I think I might still use the Married Men and Married Women factions. It makes it easier for me to do certain things and the way I am using them doesn't really affect any other mods. I will try to use the new scripts as well, if I can work out whats going on.

A couple of random things:-

1) For personal use Ive switched around a few of the default animations to ones I prefer (animation 120 is outstanding !!). There are a couple of others I would like to use but they involve props (e.g. animations 119 and 127). Switching the ini and kf files just gives the animations..but the props are missing. How do I go about getting the props back in, I presume some script handles them, but darned if I can find it.

1a) On a related note, would it be possible to be able to switch default animations via menu in future ? or would this be too problematic? If it could be done it would be a great addition to the game, the vast majority of the animations you just don't get to use much (and there are some really fantastic non-default animations)and using the z key is a PITA particularly if its one of the last ones of its type, and by the time you get there the action is over. Easy customization would be fantastic if it could be done.

1b) Is it possible to improve the random animation option so that it would run random animations of the same type ? Possibly a separate option for animations with props (animations with furniture while on a bed are just...weird)

2) I use Sexdarkness and normally I don't have have any problems. However in my latest new game I didn't turn off the 'watchers/lookers' at the start of the game like I normally do. I started getting 'bugged' NPC's where they jerk a bit, don't perform their idles, don't follow you when instructed, and if you have sex with them your bodies amalgamate in a standup-at-attention-non-animated way. Upon finishing sex, or even if you knock them down they fall to the ground and remain there until they get reset by various means.

I slashed and burned the esp and I think I found a workaround. The problem seems to be at least partly with scripts being used for the 'Lookers' of the sex run with spell scripts. I turned 'Lookers' off and amended the 3 PSOLooker spells to cure disease rather than run their scripts and 'presto' all problems gone.

I know you guys don't like Sexdarkness because of the conflicts, but I think its a fun addition, and its kinda one of the grandfathers of what we have now with Lovers. Its a pity it wasn't updated as Lovers developed

I hope this post doesn't come across as a bit too whiney, I really really appreciate everyone's efforts with what Lovers has become. I am just astounded at how well it plays (and how complex it is) compared to others in both Oblivion and other games. Lovers is the best of its type by a very long way, IMHO.

Animations are pretty much locked for the frame work.  Changing anything is a shit load of work and will break other plugins.  

HOWEVER, with the UMID system that was built into the LAPF you can have a plugin make a UMID call and even have an ini that is user editable outside of the game so folks can pick their favorite animations.  A good example of this is WappyOne's version of RaperS.  

Remember that the LAPF is not a mod, it is a framework.  It really needs to stay that way or it will break all the mods that are designed to pull from it.  

As to your missing props for animations, that is easy, no scripting adjustments needed.  You need to find the folder with the props in it and renumber the nif files from the old animation slot number to the new one.  There are four nif files per animation.

The nif files can be found here:  Oblivion\Data\meshes\idleobjects\Lovers

As to Sexdarkness.......this is one of the many reasons we recommend folks don't use it or any other sex system with lovers.  There is just too much shit that can go wrong to bother with trying to support it.  Sorry.

killzone qoutes and responses (can't do this with proper format, because all forum softwares suck in 2014:

1) For personal use Ive switched around a few of the default animations to ones I prefer (animation 120 is outstanding !!). There are a couple of others I would like to use but they involve props (e.g. animations 119 and 127). Switching the ini and kf files just gives the animations..but the props are missing. How do I go about getting the props back in, I presume some script handles them, but darned if I can find it.

Is this really ONLY for ***personal use***? Then yes, of course you could always just mess around with resource files and animation files. Why is this even neccessary? Answer: Too small "addressspace" of lover's animations. To avoid this, the address-space of animation numbers would have to be large enough, so that every single animation on the net can get its own UNIQUE number (which almost implies using at least 16bit... more probably 32bit.... addressspace). Of course, now that oblivion loversPK has almost reached the end of its shelf-life, and only a handful of dedicated people keep pushing it forwards, it kinda is a bit late to do this. The most the english LPK devs could do is, to transition to a 16bit address space, take all known animations, and then put them into giant animation package, with reassigned animation numbers.... but wait, we didn't account for licensing and permissions..... argh.

Hmm, i drifted off quite a lot. Anyways, you can mess with files for personal use. But if you want to release your mod for others, then you pretty much are limited to ONLY using what the LAPF offers out of the box. Again, this is because the various other animation packs REPLACE animation-numbers of the LAPF! So, to you as a modder, if you want to use animations, then you either have to use LAPF ones, or recode specific animations to use numbers not yet assigned, AND then hardcode those numbers.... which of course means that ONLY you will use those special animations, since LAPF will not be able to understand their classification properly, thanks to the too small addressspace.

1b) Is it possible to improve the random animation option so that it would run random animations of the same type ? Possibly a separate option for animations with props (animations with furniture while on a bed are just...weird)

Possible for LAPF devs to do? Yes, but again implies a larger addressspace, and thus complete redefinition of what certain number ranges (or rather - it's BITS) mean. This really is just the plain old encoding of attributes into the bits of a number. Yes, the oblivion scripting language might not natively have bitops, but hey, you can write functions to emulate those, right? Surely that's cheaper than iterating through a very large and bloated IF-ELSE block?

-----------------------

P.S.: I hate it when forums (this isn't specific to just these boards - it's the same crap all around the goddamn web 2.0) forbid me from modifying the actual sourcecode of a post. UI gives me no way to split a quote into two? WELL, if i could edit the source, i could easily do that.... but with those fucking "rich editors" instead, i have to resort to manually quote stuff by hand and without specifying an author. Goddamn do i hate what the modern "web" has become - functionally inferior to goddamn 1995.

Thanks Supierce, I was already doing that via dialogue script.

Gregahit, thanks for the props info. The sexdarkness info was just for peoples information, I know a few people run it. The plugin with the UMID call would be good, however thats beyond my scripting ability (which is basically zero), so I will hope some kind person will volunteer.

For your next update, whenever that is :-

The ini for animation 159 needs to have set xLoversPkrQuest.motionflag to 276. As it is now, the sound FX are playing for the wrong person.

rynak777/Gregahit, I get the picture, its a shitload of work and not worth pursuing. Thanks for explaining.

276?  You mean 256 instead?  It is currently set as -1, so that the oral group sounds are being played.  Not sure what would be appropriate as I just set all the animations to the default sound set for that animation group.  I realize the oral group has a bunch of crap in it and serves as a bit of a catch all.

It is possible with the current lovers system to add more animations to it.  It would involve editing the esp file and is a FUCK TON of work to do it.  For anyone willing to take the time to do so, it can be done.

276?  You mean 256 instead?  It is currently set as -1, so that the oral group sounds are being played.  Not sure what would be appropriate as I just set all the animations to the default sound set for that animation group.  I realize the oral group has a bunch of crap in it and serves as a bit of a catch all.

It is possible with the current lovers system to add more animations to it.  It would involve editing the esp file and is a FUCK TON of work to do it.  For anyone willing to take the time to do so, it can be done.

Yeah, I had that wrong, I didn't work out how to get the licking sounds playing until just now, set xLoversPkrQuest.motionflag to 788.  4+16+256+512=788. Thats a clever sound calling system you have there.

Ini 139 wasn't translated and had a futa instead of dildo, I mucked around until I got it to work. I attach it as well.

While mucking around with ini 159, I switched the positions around a bit with trial and error. If you switch set xLoversPkrQuest.xmeRotate180 to 0, you get a 69 position..haha. The left arm of the defensive position in final kf is not quite right, and the offensive head needs to be at a different angle but otherwise looks ok.

"It is possible with the current lovers system to add more animations to it.  It would involve editing the esp file and is a FUCK TON of work to do it.  For anyone willing to take the time to do so, it can be done."

Not entirely sure what you mean here, are you talking about adding extra default categories/animations? For extra random animations I presumed it was just a matter of dropping the new inis and kfs into the directories and they would be called in the random situations provided they had the correct sposgroup number. Am I wrong, or is that not what you were referring to?

139_Motion.rar

Dude, slow down a bit.  There is no animation 139 in the LAPF.  And there damn sure is NOT one single untranslated ini file in it either.  Every single ini file was created by me from scratch with the new format.  That includes adding the penis support and UMID numbering.

As to the sound system, it is indeed clever, but I can't take any credit for it.  Our good buddies overseas did that with rev96's release.   ;)

As to the Fuck Ton of work:  Trust me when when I say that it takes upwards of 45 minutes to add support for ONE animation.  It gets faster as you get in a rhythm, but it is still a shit load of work with the CS and remembering to constantly save or risk losing HOURS of work in a moments notice.  If you really want to know the work it takes, I'll add you to the PM in which WappyOne came up with a system of instructions to add animation support.  I nearly fell over dead with boredom just reading the instructions.  I shit you not!

The ease of adding animations you talk about in your post, is only made possible with the numbers that are currently supported, which is 1-200 for human to human.  It is adding that support beyond what is already set up that is a nightmare.

As long as you stay within the 1-200 range adding animations is just as easy as you state.  As to messing with setpos groups.....now you are into scripting and I'd be lucky to script my way out of a wet paper bag with a freaking sharp knife.  WappyOne would be the go to guy on that.  The real problem with jacking with setpos grouping is you risk breaking other plugins.  Some plugins make specific animation calls, but most make group animation calls.  

Hmmm, looks like Ive picked up some animations from somewhere in the past. The untranslated inis I have are:-

132-142, 147-152, 166, 198-200

They are lovers animations because they all set xLoversPkrQuest variables. They have 10 digit UMID's, and don't have the sound callback options at the bottom of the ini, yet the sounds still play..presumably they are set to default sounds.

Not sure where those came from, I certainly haven't got any plugins now that added them, must have been something in the distant past that I since deleted. Will they get called randomly by Lovers as they have a sposgroup number?

I know I can get them to work if I call them through dialogue script because Ive already done that with 139.

They will certainly work, however if they are not animations from the LAPF, then you may be lacking in having the animated dick that the LAPF uses.  The animation MUST contain the dick bones instructions or it won't move.  Then you are forced to use the old style of lower bodies via the ini file and are missing out on one of the main features of the LAPF.

The UMID's while there, are wrong.  I redid the UMID number system, as you can see from the animations that are included in the LAPF.

Don't know if you installed something from somewhere else or you forgot to clean out your ini and animations folders as is recommended in the LAPF installation instructions.

Cheers,

Greg

Yeah, Ive just been looking at them via dialogue script, most are not very good/unfinished. Some are animations LAPF already have, a couple are in Sexdarkness...these must be really old. A couple might be passable, but will only use them for personal use, the rest I will delete.

I worked out a really easy way for all the lovers animations to be called via dialogue through AdultPlayPlus.

When the menu comes up for which position you want, rather than play the default you get another menu with all the animations in that set. I used 2 separate info topics to differentiate between male and female lovers and scripted the defence/offence. I had to use LoversHooker to call the animations and set the offence/defence because I cant script and I can only use what is already there.

Animations will only work if it was set in loversIdleAnimsPriority.esp if the number is not in there then the animations will not play period.

Let say you create an animation named 5001 and it was not there in loversIdleAnimsPriority.esp then all you will be getting is 2 npc standing in front of each other doing nothing.

So no it defenantly not just renamed kf files and ini. You need to do allot more then just that. and using the ck is really tedious especially if you also need the save the plugin afterwards. Mostly it will look like the file just locked up, but you need to wait 5 to 10 minutes between session to have the plug-in fully saved or you will lose allot of progress.

Yeah, I get that. I was talking about a way to run individual LAPF animations that we already have.

Currently we can only call 9 default animations on request via dialogue and all the rest are called randomly by various plugins, a lot of these animations you hardly ever see unless you furiously mash the z key. With what I did in post 496 I can now call each of the LAPF animations individually via dialogue.

For example, if you wanted to have sex animation 119 with an NPC, there is currently no way to do that in the dialogue options apart from selecting the default lifted animation (animation 09) and then hitting the z key until you get to animation 119.

Some of these sets have 20 or more animations, you can't even mash the z key to get to the last ones before the animation is in its final stages.

Now I don't have to button mash and miss most of the animation.

Killzone

in the settings menu-

Settings for Animation And Positions
    Set Additional Animation Automatically ON

will select a random animation from the correct animation group in the 1-200 range instead of just the default 1-9

This will be for all plugins (including LoversAdultPlay etc) unless they make a direct spos number or umid call.

Mem

Yeah, I know this. But my whole point is I don't want random selection made for me. I would like to chose myself. Choose all the animations...not just 9 out of about 150 we have. If I want random I just select the random option in the dialogue menu.

If you want to have sex with a companion on a podium as in animation 119, you can't do it directly. Currently you can select the same category and button mash, or have your selections made randomly and hope that its the one you want... which is a very small chance of happening.

I see your point. You will probably want to use umid numbers so that what ever updates occur with LAPF you will still get the same results. The umid numbers should be set in stone, where as the spos numbers might get bumped around or replaced by another anim.

Yeah, I know this. But my whole point is I don't want random selection made for me. I would like to chose myself. Choose all the animations...not just 9 out of about 150 we have. If I want random I just select the random option in the dialogue menu.

If you want to have sex with a companion on a podium as in animation 119, you can't do it directly. Currently you can select the same category and button mash, or have your selections made randomly and hope that its the one you want... which is a very small chance of happening.

your gonna have to edit a mod like lovers adult play to have this part fixed.

just add many dialogs and add each animation in accordingly to the umid number. But as you see you need pretty much allot of dialog if you want this part fix the way you want.

There is no real simple way to fix this.

The reason folks use spos calls is so folks can use the z key to change the animation if they don't like that one.  While it adds user customization, it can also be undesirable if you are trying to set a certain "mood" or are writing dialogue based on a particular animation.

There are two alternatives to this:

1. Call another animation directly by its number.  You can call out ANY animation 1-200 this way.

2. Call another animation directly by its UMID number (found in the ini file).  You can also call out any animation 1-200 this way.

The scripting for these has been listed several times in different places.  You can find this in Galgat's mods if you want to take a look at them, as he uses animation call outs by number.  You are not limited by 1-9.  You can call 150 or whatever.

No one has really started using UMID call outs that I am aware of, but the option certainly is there.