5 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

Spoiler as it isn't related to BiP.

Hide contents

Now hang on a second, people... @Olmech, @vaultbait, @lee3310, so you people reckon the game wouldn't care if I have very high-end PC or mid-range PC?

Asking as I've planned some major upgrades (R7 7700X, RX 7900 XT, 64GB DDR5, M.2 SSD, etc.) sometime in the near future just because I want to keep FO4 at 90+ FPS with ENB, quality textures and 1080p. The configuration I've planned is definitely overkill for a 2015 game running on an ancient engine, but I figured if I made a beast of a PC, it'd work much smoother than it currently does. At the moment I'm able to play with 60-ish FPS with 4K textures, an ENB and very heavy load order. My current specs are: i5 6500, 1060, 16GB DDR4 and I'm playing on 4TB WD Gold HDD (7200 RPM).

I need a good CPU and a lot of memory for my work, and I want a better GPU primarily for Fallout 4, but I play some other (newer) games.

Any thoughts on this? Asking for your opinion on this as you mentioned PCs!

No, Im not in the camp that is saying a good PC makes no difference. It is true that a high end PC will experience the same issues other PCs do in some areas. But its a bit more than simply buying a top tier video card and plugging it in your old Dell computer. Doing that is like buying a Ferrari and having to follow a VW bug around the track. You will run into system limitations elsewhere in the computer. Every component must be carefully chosen to optimize the setup and thats a bit more than I want to get into here but there are plenty of sources to help you learn these things if you look.

The only crashes I ever see is when I introduce a new mod to my load order that does not play well with others. Once my load order is sorted, I do not crash...even downtown. Build a PC from the ground up starting with a quality motherboard. I prefer ASROCK. Not as popular as some of the others but theyre tanks and are built with top notch components where others skimp. Ive never returned an ASROCK board. I have returned all others. ASUS, GIGABYTE...you name it. I use two SSD drives. One with OS and games, everything else goes on second drive. I like my OS to be on the same drive as the games. Oodles of high quality RAM. Dont need a big CPU for this game. Save money there. Good mobo, fast ram, big GPU, SSD drives and you win. Make sure GPU is packed with RAM as well.

On 6/3/2023 at 12:28 AM, twistedtrebla said:

It's mentioned in the FAQ

You assume most people even read those... most people just go clicky clicky and done.

Just please place a note about it when AAF ships with the latest version.

"Usually included in AAF. Not currently, waiting on AAF to update its included version." or whatever.

Edited by Saya Scarlett
On 6/2/2023 at 10:57 PM, vaultbait said:

In this specific case, it needs a newer version of LLFP than is included in AAF. Presumably that requirement will get removed once a new AAF is eventually released, and it will just specify the new AAF version instead, but for now LLFP v43 needs to overwrite the version that comes from AAF.

That makes sense. Just not what I was getting at ?

Hi, I had installed the old versions of BiP up to 1.2.5 and tried it via debug and it was ok. Then I left FO4 for a month and came back and installed 1.3.1 with FP-v43, updated AAF Violate. BiP is no longer activated by any mod, I tried via debug and I get the message of the image below and the game freezes that I have to close with task manager. In papyrus I find messages related to BiP that I post below. I have NPCsTravel that I read may be incompatible, but I think my problem is something else. Could it be that the update went wrong?

Spoiler

[06/11/2023 - 06:43:44PM] warning: Function bip:bip_boundmain..stopAllScenarios in stack frame 2 in stack 30820248 differs from the in-game resource files - using version from save
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:44PM] warning: Function BIP:BIP_PlayerRefScript..OnHit in stack frame 0 in stack 29694186 differs from the in-game resource files - using version from save
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:44PM] warning: Function bip:bip_boundmain..notifyPlayerCriticalState in stack frame 1 in stack 29694186 differs from the in-game resource files - using version from save

[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM] Dumping stack 30820248:
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]     Frame count: 4 (Page count: 4)
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]     State: Waiting on other stack for return (Freeze state: Freezing)
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]     Type: Normal
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]     Return register: None
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]     Has stack callback: No
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]     Has unbind object: No
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]     Stack trace:
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]         [bip_scenarioSettler (E100359A)].BIP:bip_scenarioSettlerScript.stop() - "<native>" Line ?
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             IP: 0
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]         [bip_boundQuest (E1001ECC)].bip:bip_boundmain.stopAllScenarios() - "<savegame>" Line ?
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             IP: 126    Instruction: 5
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             [::temp90]: 7
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             [::temp91]: True
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             : 1
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             [::temp92]: [BIP:bip_scenarioSettlerScript <bip_scenarioSettler (E100359A)>]
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             [::nonevar]: None
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]         [bip_boundQuest (E1001ECC)].bip:bip_boundmain.notifyPlayerCriticalState() - "<savegame>" Line ?
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             IP: 0    Instruction: 0
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             [::temp15]: 0
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]         [alias bip_PlayerRef on quest bip_boundQuest (E1001ECC)].BIP:BIP_PlayerRefScript.OnHit() - "<savegame>" Line ?
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             IP: 669    Instruction: 12
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             [akTarget]: [Actor < (00000014)>]
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             [akAggressor]: [ObjectReference < (000CD46B)>]
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             [akSource]: [Weapon < (001633CC)>]
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             [akProjectile]: [PROJECTILE < (AD0073C6)>]
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             [abPowerAttack]: False
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             [abSneakAttack]: False
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             [abBashAttack]: False
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             [abHitBlocked]: False
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             [apMaterial]: ""
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             [::temp5]: [Actor < (00000014)>]
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             [::temp6]: [Actor < (00000014)>]
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             [::temp7]: True
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             [::temp8]: 0.456964
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             [::temp9]: 50.000000
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             [::temp10]: True
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             [::temp11]: True
[06/11/2023 - 06:43:58PM]             [::temp12]: [bip:bip_boundmain <bip_boundQuest (E1001ECC)>]

image.jpeg.3d7e37b74a62a14adcf30051134e5895.jpeg

4 hours ago, VenomousOuroboros said:

Is there any way to work-in a feature that automatically pacifies hostile creatures while being bound?  Or should I just enter "tcai" into the console myself and quit whining?

Getting your ass bitten by stray dogs and whatnots while bound is immursive as hell but make it more like a death sentence (if it's the case).

Update suggestion:

Been away on holiday for a couple of weeks, so just had a chance to test the latest version (v1.3.2)

I noticed what is best described as an "oddity" when I was transported to the middle of the bridge by Beantown Brewery, which was held by 3 Gunners demanding a toll. The event played out okay but now and again the toll dialogue appeared. Also when a settler came a few sessions later on the bridge it just seemed a little odd that the Gunners ignored him.

If possible (may not be) remove or hide the toll dialogue as well as any others that might arise and maybe add some dialogue between (in this case the Gunners) maybe offering the pc for a price.

On something different, I did try out of curiosity the LLFP v43 even though I do not use the Zazout pack and it keeps the camera in far too close with the standard Torture Devices (just rolled back to correct). EDIT: Tried with v44 and that seems okay.

Looking good, many thanks for the update ?

EDIT:

Bug Report - Minor, Cosmetic

I noticed once or twice that when a settler was teleported in, the NPC was actually a Raider (though behaves same as a settler). Unimportant cosmetic bug.

Edited by Slorm

So, any reason I might only get the X-Cross as the device? I don't care too much, other than there is only one animation and it is the device that has shown up 6 times in a row. I have devices set to random and the extra Zazout devices enabled. Just curious. Otherwise everything seems to run smoothly.

1 hour ago, Plaguetard2.0 said:

So, any reason I might only get the X-Cross as the device? I don't care too much, other than there is only one animation and it is the device that has shown up 6 times in a row. I have devices set to random and the extra Zazout devices enabled. Just curious. Otherwise everything seems to run smoothly.

Sounds like the crappy RNG in FO4. Try a game restart (rather than just a save reload) which usually shakes it up a bit

image.png.b9b64a1566ad8f5b3922237b2bc756d6.pngWell, it would seem that some fuckery's going on, and NPCs aren't being pulled/spawned properly O_o

First one, a settler came and did the dialogue thing and all, regarding the note.

But 2nd and 3rd events.. well, image above.

EDIT: Been reading through the comments since the first page and just saw it's 1.3.1 or lower specific. I could've sworn I updated to 1.3.2 but I'll do so now and report back if it keeps happening, although I guess it won't.

Edited by Saya Scarlett

Bug Report

I've had this happen twice now at this location.

When spawning outside the Bridgeway Trust (Fens) the normal fade out/fade in doesn't happen but just get a dialogue on screen from a Raider Veteran who never spawns, so the whole game just waits indefinitely.

Workaround for now is to use Debug and Abort All option. This leaves the dialogue on screen for a while but moving away a bit seems to make it disappear

Hi there, great idea for a mod, I have SH, Violate, abduction, crime and punishment. Loaded this mod a few days ago but no organic Bound in Public events, I triggered a manual one to see if it works and it does seem to.  I have Advanced needs and as a consequence died of Thirst/hunger.  I might have escaped but a couple of the attackers re-tightend the loosened bonds.
In the MCM there is only Sex Attributes, Tats after rape and real handcuffs; should there be any other of the complimentary mods?

Thanks and well done.

4 hours ago, Umbopo65 said:

Loaded this mod a few days ago but no organic Bound in Public events, I triggered a manual one to see if it works and it does seem to.

Certain encounters with Sexual Harassment can lead to BiP events, as can some of the perks from Provocative Perks (Easy Prey at least), and also Violate (if you turn support on in its MCM).

I have Advanced needs and as a consequence died of Thirst/hunger.

I've encountered this too, so reduced the duration of sex scenes and increased other values in MCM to make escape easier in order to minimize time spent locked up by this mod. It might be neat if a future version included force-feeding scenes, or other ways to compensate for hunger and thirst in order to better support survival type playthroughs.

I also end up needing to use the bathroom while locked up, it's too bad AN76 doesn't just have an option for losing control of your bladder.

@twistedtrebla: Yesterday I had some freed female Commonwealth Captives following me around when a hypnotist (Sexual Harassment) sent me to the Diamond City entrance location and the captives tagged along. Since nearby NPCs were allowed in the MCM, the captives kept trying to rape me while I was bound, even though I have the MCM set for only male rapists. I suspect the gender check is getting confused by the templating used for the captives.

Edit: Oh, also, teleporting the player to that particular location prior to having met Piper Wright at the gate is pretty much guaranteed to bug out her intro quest, leaving the gate stuck closed unless the player employs hacky workarounds.

Edited by vaultbait

Hi there, great idea for a mod, I have SH, Violate, abduction, crime and punishment. Loaded this mod a few days ago but no organic Bound in Public events, I triggered a manual one to see if it works and it does seem to.  I have Advanced needs and as a consequence died of Thirst/hunger.  I might have escaped but a couple of the attackers re-tightend the loosened bonds.
In the MCM there is only Sex Attributes, Tats after rape and real handcuffs; should there be any other of the complimentary mods?

Thanks and well done.

I had the problem of Violate not triggering BiP events until I installed the Bad End animation pack. Set to non-lethal and played with the Bad End chance and the BiP chance in Violate.

Now I do get BiP events from Violate on occasion.

Violate doesn't seem to register a Bad End scenario at all if you don't have the animation pack, and I think this also makes it bypass the BiP chance, even if set to 100%

19 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Edit: Oh, also, teleporting the player to that particular location prior to having met Piper Wright at the gate is pretty much guaranteed to bug out her intro quest, leaving the gate stuck closed unless the player employs hacky workarounds.

Do you have something that edits that cell? Because I see her just standing there not saying anything & I can return later and she yammers away at Danny.

Oh, a guaranteed way to get the gate open.. don't talk to her, just shoot her. It skips the Danny dialogue and she heads in to chat with the Mayor.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

the captives kept trying to rape me while I was bound

Bunch of ungrateful little minxes, send them to the nearest raider camp.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

I had the same pb with "Hardship", sometimes the quest will advance automatically and the gate opens and sometime it get stuck (had to load a previous save).

Edited by lee3310
1 hour ago, izzyknows said:

Do you have something that edits that cell? Because I see her just standing there not saying anything & I can return later and she yammers away at Danny.

Interesting, I did not try leaving and returning later, since usually when that bug occurs leaving and coming back doesn't seem to make any difference (bug can be triggered easily enough in the vanilla game by getting near the gate for the first time, then fast-traveling away and returning or going into another building interior and exiting, for example, or using coc in the console to fast travel to the gate courtyard without walking there). I'll test that if I get it to occur again.

1 hour ago, izzyknows said:

Oh, a guaranteed way to get the gate open.. don't talk to her, just shoot her. It skips the Danny dialogue and she heads in to chat with the Mayor.

Sure, I mean, I've had that bug many, many times over the years since I do lots of playtesting with fresh playthroughs, so I know plenty of workarounds. My point was it's quite likely to confuse/frustrate the average player. In articular, I recall it coming up with early versions of Nuka Ride because the fast travel location for its convenience transport to DC was placed too near the gate. Moving it farther from the gate area and making the player approach on foot to trigger Piper's quest solved that.

11 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

Bunch of ungrateful little minxes, send them to the nearest raider camp.

Agreed, the main problem was that I lack appropriate F+F animations for the bondage furniture, so I kept getting the approach dialogue from them over and over but BiP could never play an AAF scene, so there was no opportunity to regain energy and continue trying to loosen my bonds. That's why I had females disabled in its MCM in the first place.

1 hour ago, xyzxyz said:

Is the AAF version important? I'm behind a few updates because some FO4 mods haven't been updated in a long time and i don't want to break them.

Apparently not. I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind on AAF updates and it works fine for me. But I do have all the latest animation packs though.

Edited by izzyknows
3 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Is the AAF version important? I'm behind a few updates because some FO4 mods haven't been updated in a long time and i don't want to break them.

If you are running 166 Beta, you are up to date. There hasn't been a new version update in several years at least