So... What's Replaced Game of Thrones?

The Wheel of Time is all I've found that is currently still running. Anybody find anything else?

Yeah, House of the Dragon (HBO milk maid) doesn't look nearly as good as the original. It looks... like a cheap spin-off. 

Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power seems like it might be decent. Still no GoT replacer though.

The Nevers also might be decent. But no replacer (and why all the English actors in every series so far?) ?

Rome: Yeah, not up for another poorly written history lesson. 

The Wheel of Time: Just nope. Might be decent, but it steals from too many other series/movies from what I can tell. Nothing new.

Alchemy of Souls actually looks like it could be interesting. Not a replacer.

That's about as far down the list as I care to go. 

Edited by KoolHndLuke
31 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

> No, but i was thinking today of watching again all GOT seasons.

You'd think there would be a number of new shows eager to soak up the ratings and viewers wanting more, huh? :classic_smile:

Edit: Meh... never mind. Better search netted a bunch of results.

https://www.countryliving.com/life/entertainment/g40924932/shows-like-game-of-thrones-to-stream-now/

Edit 2: Anybody else notice that the music from all of these shows sounds like it was composed by the same person? :classic_tongue:

Edited by KoolHndLuke
17 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

You'd think there would be a number of new shows eager to soak up the ratings and viewers wanting more, huh? :classic_smile:

Edit: Meh... never mind. Better search netted a bunch of results.

https://www.countryliving.com/life/entertainment/g40924932/shows-like-game-of-thrones-to-stream-now/

Edit 2: Anybody else notice that the music from all of these shows sounds like it was composed by the same person? :classic_tongue:

> No, I am not interesting in raising someone's rating. The three of us really loved GOT.

Yeah, House of the Dragon (HBO milk maid) doesn't look nearly as good as the original. It looks... like a cheap spin-off. :smirk:

Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power seems like it might be decent. Still no GoT replacer though.

The Nevers also might be decent. But no replacer (and why all the English actors in every series so far?) ?

Rome: Yeah, not up for another poorly written history lesson. :P

The Wheel of Time: Just nope. Might be decent, but it steals from too many other series/movies from what I can tell. Nothing new.

Alchemy of Souls actually looks like it could be interesting. Not a replacer.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
5 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Yeah, House of the Dragon (HBO milk maid) doesn't look nearly as good as the original. It looks... like a cheap spin-off. :smirk:

The Wigs killed it for me, not even Matt smith could keep me at it for more than 3 episodes..

Edited by Gukahn

It depends on what you mean by 'replacement'.

I didn't bother with HotD - I'm not a prequel person so just never fancied it.

Rings of Power was rightfully slated to hell and back for virtually every aspect of the series from the first episode to the last. S2 currently in production. The books are highly recommended.

WoT also took a beating, mostly for diverging from the books. S2 due for release soon if I'm not mistaken. The books are recommended.

Haven't heard of the others.

Alchemy of Souls is available (with subtitles) on Daily Motion.

Edited by Grey Cloud
34 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

The Wigs killed it for me, not even Matt smith could keep me at it for more than 3 episodes..

> This. We also found it incredibly boring regardless of some perversions they copied from GOT. And our desire to watch it was killed when they replaced the blond princess with another actress.

6 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

To be fair Americans can act but I think it is the standard of script-writing which handicaps them.

I'll agree with that. They seem more concerned with being PC and inoffensive anymore- which in and of itself is highly offensive to those of us that just enjoy a good tale.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
18 minutes ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

Well, seems like you just answered your own question on why there isn't anything replacing Game of Thrones.  It's the times we're living in; all media suffers from it(except books, it seems).  I had hopes for House of the Dragon, but fizzled out after a few episodes.

Goddam it. Guess I'll have to write my shitty book after all! Of course, no publisher would fucking touch it probably. :D

Not like there isn't a fucking ton of really good books to draw from for a series either. A friend did tell me that the Indies have expanded in the U.S. because actors and writers are tired of Hollywood BS, but they can't pitch anything to the big networks.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
34 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Goddam it. Guess I'll have to write my shitty book after all! Of course, no publisher would fucking touch it probably. :D

Not like there isn't a fucking ton of really good books to draw from for a series either. A friend did tell me that the Indies have expanded in the U.S. because actors and writers are tired of Hollywood BS, but they can't pitch anything to the big networks.

Daenerys (pardon my spelling) would have been a great ruler if the writers didn't drag out the plot and squish her into something unrecognizable, and I loved the first two (or so) episodes, just like I really liked the first star wars movie, buuut nooo.

A guy has to pay to watch anything (right?) so I've never heard of any of those.
Or bought the comics, or the dolls.

Anyway I really liked her. She would have been a good wonderwoman or Supergirl.

Maybe she'll sell soap on OTA tv, I can dream.

ezgif-3-c80b9eed1d.png.17fafa5e3991207428f235763eb483b4.png

Edited by 2dk2c.2
'sup, dog

Seems eerily reminiscent of a city with a new cult that is eagerly hunting, prosecuting and burning mages while their masters sit back and laugh at how gullible the ordinary peasant is. A troupe of actors hides waiting for work- ANY work, and dreams of better days. ;)

Edited by KoolHndLuke
20 minutes ago, Yinkle said:

Not out yet, but "The Three Body Problem" is a great novel (trilogy) and I believe being produced by the same folks who made GOT. Fingers crossed they don't make a mess of it!

As appalling as it is to say, the Tencent version is going to shit all over this. Not only do they cover ALL of the books, they also cover the the "dark time" between events the books just allude to.