On 9/25/2023 at 8:23 AM, DayTri said:

For Wylandriah you need to complete her whole quest line, meaning find her spoon and stuff from the vanilla game, then do her quest line from this mod, then talk to her with the favor dialogue again and you should get new dialogue.

I have done all the quests related to her.  There's nothing else I can get.  I'm talking to her with said dialogue and then just "blank" nothing happens.  

1 hour ago, lorddenorstrus said:

I have done all the quests related to her.  There's nothing else I can get.  I'm talking to her with said dialogue and then just "blank" nothing happens.  

Did you try going back to the guy who sent you then? If she gives a dialogue saying the debt is cleared then there's nothing else, you just have to go back

59 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

the slut ritual in Profane Birth only allows for oral animations when the jacket and hood are worn.

And what is that magic effect afterwards actually doing?

Yeah, it only does Oral animations for me as well which makes no sense cause of the hood. SE user here if that makes a difference...

Is there a console command by chance to get past the Wylandriah event, I've even tried a new game and redoing the entire mod all the way up to this part all over again and it just gets stuck.   The conversation "About paying Brillus favor"  she responds starting with piercings.  Then blank.  Nothing.  Just sitting there .

Adding; would like to see the rest of the mod as it seems interesting.   But something is stopping updates to what I assume are global variables instead of regular quests.   Which is risky conflict wise it would seem.     Reminds me of Babodialogue tbh.   Interesting but since it doesn't use regular quests it's ungodly buggy/unreliable.  Because if at all a single conflict causes a problem you can't bypass the issue by stage skipping.

Edited by lorddenorstrus
1 hour ago, lorddenorstrus said:

Is there a console command by chance to get past the Wylandriah event, I've even tried a new game and redoing the entire mod all the way up to this part all over again and it just gets stuck.   The conversation "About paying Brillus favor"  she responds starting with piercings.  Then blank.  Nothing.  Just sitting there .

Adding; would like to see the rest of the mod as it seems interesting.   But something is stopping updates to what I assume are global variables instead of regular quests.   Which is risky conflict wise it would seem.     Reminds me of Babodialogue tbh.   Interesting but since it doesn't use regular quests it's ungodly buggy/unreliable.  Because if at all a single conflict causes a problem you can't bypass the issue by stage skipping.

Quest stages are just global variables with extra baggage, like being hardcoded so they can't go backwards. No reason to ever use a quest stage unless you are using the quest log, which I absolutely detest so much I wrote an article on it.

The global you want for the loan quest is dwp_global_goodgirl_onloan set to 4 to bypass Wylandriah, but it is actually working as intended. You are just supposed to complete Wylandriah's "Just Try It" quest where she runs through putting you in consecutively more bondage gear, starting with her piercings you got as a reward from her standard quest to even unlock that dialogue.

10 hours ago, flinch147 said:

Quest stages are just global variables with extra baggage, like being hardcoded so they can't go backwards. No reason to ever use a quest stage unless you are using the quest log, which I absolutely detest so much I wrote an article on it.

The global you want for the loan quest is dwp_global_goodgirl_onloan set to 4 to bypass Wylandriah, but it is actually working as intended. You are just supposed to complete Wylandriah's "Just Try It" quest where she runs through putting you in consecutively more bondage gear, starting with her piercings you got as a reward from her standard quest to even unlock that dialogue.

*shrug* I like the quest system.  Anytime I find something with out quest arrows in games I basically just instead google it so I don't have to waste time figuring it out.  It's a video game with set solutions.  I'm not playing D&D where my creatively thought out ideas can be in real time responded to and become part of the game.   Video games can only have set finite solutions even if the presented problem has an allowed multiple choice response.   Some games are designed to give more choice on it than others.  Skyrim isn't it's intentionally designed to be as simple as possible and deviation from that is frequently what I've found to be the source of buggyness in Mods.  Skyrims base unmodded game has unresolved bugs of its own.  (Civil war quest line?) because said quest is designed differently from the intended system.

But anyway segway, having thought out and found 'solutions' that the game can't apply makes it unfun.  So instead to avoid playing in that style all together so one cannot be disappointed.   Treating the game as it actually is, a 1 and 0 / A and B game.  There's a saying I'm trying to recall but struggling, why call a something a something when it's actually the original.  *shrug* Even if all of Skyrim got recoded to remove the quest markers it wouldn't change the fact that the game itself is binary in nature.  It would just be more annoying.  Especially when the few non marked things in Skyrim are some of the most googled parts of it.  Like locations of certain levers that nobody can find that entire Youtube videos got made to show... because they weren't marked and people got frustrated unable to find them.

But anyway yeah I suppose since step 4 wasn't completed it technically was 'intended' to not move on but the larger question is why "Just try it" never went off with the dialogue available to start it.   *shrug* I've tested a lot of mods I still put my vote to the traditional quest log because one of the best ways to test functionality if step X isn't working you mark it bugged but have SQS available to look at the stages and then just continue testing of further stages.   As a side I suppose, technically marking trackers for quests is voluntary in nature and players against it can simple not track quests to begin with.  While it's available when one struggles to find things as a back up to guarantee non frustration is healthy design.

Edit; Mind I would like to add I do find the writing for this mod to be interesting and better than a lot of recent mods I've seen.  So please in the large scheme of things don't take my thought/opinion offensively.    As a side note, I did figure out like 4h after posting last night which global event in Xedit allowed bypassing Wylandriah.  I never found anything in Edit relating to her to continue the stages of her 'quest' at all.  *shrug*

Edited by lorddenorstrus
3 hours ago, lorddenorstrus said:

*snip*

I am not a patreon modder making mods on request. I make personal mods for myself to fix my personal gripes on what is missing, then release then for anyone else who wants it because it costs me nothing to share. *I* hate the quest log, frontend and backend, hence I never use it unless absolutely necessary.

Her quest is governed by dwp_global_curious and has been tested extensively. Look it up in xedit and check the use referenced by to find the dialogues and see what dialogues you were supposed to follow.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2023 at 4:29 AM, flinch147 said:

I only now realized from this link you are the same author of the mod Dealing with Daedra, I was wondering why this mod seemed to fit the theme of DwD so well lol. Good mods, thanks

Assuming the "Directions" note i got is for the "pain is pleasure" quest, and also assuming that said NPC is Gordol Aryon, my directions note seems to be wrong. The note says he's in the mountains northwest of whiterun, but then tells me to head due east from Loreius farm.

After spending an hour or two running through the mountain east of Loreius' farm, i chose to give up and just open xedit, find a location that i didn't recognize, and coc there. Which took me to Aryon's shack, but that ended up west of Loreius' farm so :shrugs:

3 minutes ago, Deadly Kitten said:

Assuming the "Directions" note i got is for the "pain is pleasure" quest, and also assuming that said NPC is Gordol Aryon, my directions note seems to be wrong. The note says he's in the mountains northwest of whiterun, but then tells me to head due east from Loreius farm.

After spending an hour or two running through the mountain east of Loreius' farm, i chose to give up and just open xedit, find a location that i didn't recognize, and coc there. Which took me to Aryon's shack, but that ended up west of Loreius' farm so :shrugs:

"oops"

NW of whiterun, W of farm past the nordic ruin (volunruud) at the vanilla unmarked mara shrine

3 hours ago, flinch147 said:

"oops"

NW of whiterun, W of farm past the nordic ruin (volunruud) at the vanilla unmarked mara shrine

yeah once I just console'd there, the content seemed appropriate enough so i dropped a note here since either way "Due east" sent me straight across the mountain into a dragon priest, so i figured it was a typo.

18 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

Balimund send me to Maramal to get a belt but he has no dialogue for it.

You need to use the vanilla topic to get an amulet of Mara from him (ask about marriage), it's an edit to that dialogue that gives a belt too.

14 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

How do I start the new Pain quest? Do I need a certain level?

If you do the Bashnag quest (no level requirement, and actually makes the most story sense if you do it ASAP on a new character) you should get a courier that gives you some directions. Those directions are wrong (see above post), actually need to head west of Loreius farm to the mara shrine.

11 minutes ago, DayTri said:

If you do the Bashnag quest (no level requirement, and actually makes the most story sense if you do it ASAP on a new character) you should get a courier that gives you some directions. Those directions are wrong (see above post), actually need to head west of Loreius farm to the mara shrine.

There are also 2 "backup" ways to start it if you turn down bashnag but play through the other features

Spoiler

-Doing nelacar's task to unlock his training, then maxing out both conj/resto past the point he will train them further

-Completing all of Good Girl and using the "I want to be public property" release 

33 minutes ago, DayTri said:

Did that quest befor the update. No letter yet.

4 hours ago, flinch147 said:

There are also 2 "backup" ways to start it if you turn down bashnag but play through the other features

Hide contents

-Doing nelacar's task to unlock his training, then maxing out both conj/resto past the point he will train them further

-Completing all of Good Girl and using the "I want to be public property" release 

I think the atronach plug might have some kind of issue, if I put it in and try to take it out I just get the "put it in" dialogue option again. Not sure why.

EDIT: Might be because of Unforgiving Devices, I ran the patcher for this mod and now it seems to work

Edited by DayTri