I'm sorry if this has already been addressed but I've been using Mod Organizer since my last install and just recently MO has been deselecting my .esp's.....I'm clueless on what caused this to happen and how to fix it.

Any recommendations/suggestions please?

i didnt install skse(1.7.3) through MO and wanted to download the "skse ini pre-downloaded for lazy people" 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51038/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D51038%26preview%3D&pUp=1

the mod page just says to install it through NMM/MO, is it the same for my case?

thanks!

It should be fine. I have SKSE in my data folder and added ini files through MO. It worked for me.

i didnt install skse(1.7.3) through MO and wanted to download the "skse ini pre-downloaded for lazy people" 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51038/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D51038%26preview%3D&pUp=1

the mod page just says to install it through NMM/MO, is it the same for my case?

thanks!

It should be fine. I have SKSE in my data folder and added ini files through MO. It worked for me.

just making sure i understood you correctly.......should be fine installing the skse ini through MO?

ini can be ran through MO just fine. There are procedures to install those as well.

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_Configuration_Settings

post-89432-0-85791900-1444955469_thumb.png

The great thing about the ini tweaks is they are added to the game's ini files on the fly. That is you can have different ini tweaks and run them depending on your setup. If needed this can be just as flexible as any texture or mesh files. I personally haven't delved into these as much as others have but do plan to do this in the future.

Forgive me if this been answered allready, ever since i've updated to MO 1.3.8 i've had issues with MO's overwrite/overwrite folder. Sometimes MO will say that i have files in Overwrite but either it won't open overwrite folder or it crashes, several times when this happens i looked in file explorer in MO file tree and the overwrite folder isn't there at all. Is this a known bug or am i doing something wrong....been using MO past 2 years so i think i know what i'm doing lol

When I had any issue with the overwrite folder not showing it has items (shows active) I just shut down MO and restarted it and all was good then. It was rare occurance. Can't remember the last version I was using but it was close to the one you are using I believe. If still having problems just do your normal backups of the MO folder assets you know those and then install the previous one that worked just fine for you until this has been able to be addressed

Yea MO.. :P

Guest endgameaddiction

I just noticed this topic still isn't sticky. What gives? MO is essential for many LL users  I'm sure most are going to use it for Fallout 4.

I just noticed this topic still isn't sticky. What gives? MO is essential for many LL users  I'm sure most are going to use it for Fallout 4.

Pretty sure FO4 is gonna be 64bit only. So no MO :(

Depending on how fast mods get created, MO isn't really necessary IMO.

NMM on small loadorders is fine, manual if you really hate NMM.

Guest endgameaddiction

Oh crap I did forget about that. *facepalms*

Well, I hope tannin can arrange that. :/

Worst case scenario is going back to FOMM if it's built for FO4. I have no desire to touch NMM.

Maybe Tannin will create a 64bit version considering that many tools and now a game have moved to 64bit. He can leave the older 32 bit version intact like he did with the XP supported version and just leave the tools as they are with minor updates if possible. I believe most gamers are on a 64bit system of one OS or another.

Guest endgameaddiction

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't see why tannin wouldn't support it. The later versions (don't remember which version it started on) no longer support Win XP. Only 7-10 now.

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't see why tannin wouldn't support it. The later versions (don't remember which version it started on) no longer support Win XP. Only 7-10 now.

It might take a bit of work to convert it over to 64bit however I think it would be a good thing going forward. For the most part MO is stable enough and bug free for the time being. Good time to convert/recode or whatever. I would assume it would be better to do that when the program is at its most stable point instead of bug stomping and upgrading.. :). Also wouldn't a 64bit setup make it possible to still run the 32bit stuff? Correct. Same way I run a 32bit game in my 64bit OS.. Or did I miss something.

Guest endgameaddiction

It might take a bit of work to convert it over to 64bit however I think it would be a good thing going forward. For the most part MO is stable enough and bug free for the time being. Good time to convert/recode or whatever. I would assume it would be better to do that when the program is at its most stable point instead of bug stomping and upgrading.. :). Also wouldn't a 64bit setup make it possible to still run the 32bit stuff? Correct. Same way I run a 32bit game in my 64bit OS.. Or did I miss something.

It depends. Some older games do require knowledge and workarounds to get it working on a x64 bit while some older games work right out of the box. I suppose some programs are like that too? I dunno, I guess that depends as well.

It depends. Some older games do require knowledge and workarounds to get it working on a x64 bit while some older games work right out of the box. I suppose some programs are like that too? I dunno, I guess that depends as well.

True. I believe however it had to do with coding. Those that don't work well were created well before 64bit OS was common ;). At least those that I had any experiences with. And many times most of those were the installer that was giving problems (being 16 bit not 32bit or 64bit).

• 1 month later...

So here is a doozy: MO is reading from the saves folder under Documents instead of reading from its profiles folders to get saves to load. WTF now?

Did you double-check that the profile is actually set up to load saves from the profile folder?

:)...

Yep. Otherwise it WILL READ from the save folder in your documents ;).

Profiles

Profiles in Mod Organizer let you have different mod setups and quickly switch between them.

Profiles_mo.png

The following aspects are separate for each profile:

• The selection of enabled mods. This can be toggled by checking and unchecking the mod's checkbox in the Left Pane.
  • The priority order of the installed mods. This can be changed by dragging and dropping mods into the desired priority position in the Left Pane. To learn more, see the Priorities chapter.
  • The selection of enabled plugins (ESPs and ESMs). This can be toggled by checking and unchecking the plugin's checkbox in the Plugins tab of the Right Pane.
  • The priority order (load order) of plugins. This can be changed by dragging and dropping plugins into the desired priority position in the Plugins tab of the Right Pane.
  • The selection of enabled BSA files in cases where BSAs are loaded without plugins when using MO BSA management, configured in the Archives tab of the Right Pane.
  • Local saved games (if enabled).
  • Game configuration files (e.g., skyrim.ini, skyrimprefs.ini).

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#Profiles_2

Local Saves

The Local Saves option allows you to keep saves separate from other profiles, rather than all mixed together. Checking Local Saves will make the game look for saves in your profile's save folder instead of the default location. Clicking the Transfer Saves button will allow you to copy or move characters into the profile.

Forgive me if I missed it posted somewhere.

The Alpha version of MO for Fallout 4? I can't find it. I have reinstalled FO4 and have to use NMM  or MO to manage a few more mods. I have been manually installing but am getting tired of it. Not a big deal, easy to delete and re-verify cache and install mods (there aren't that many) but would like to make my life even easier.

So save me from having to use NMM and give me a link to the Alpha version for FO4 :)

Pretty please :D.

Thanks.

Open Question

Second Alpha with new virtualisation lib.

Known Bugs: 32-bit support broken, overwrite dir not used, local savegames don't work.

32bit support broken.. That :(.. However not that important as far as I can see.

So what happens with the files for the overwrite? Do they go to the main directory?

Local Save Games.. I guess that means that the regular folder would have the save games. If so not a game breaker. A bit more work to keep the saves safe.

I hear this is for FO4.. yet 32bit support is being worked on (bugged now) I hear this is only for FO4 going forward. Is it possible this will be added to the other games? If so 64bit might be good for some mod tools.

Yeah, I had the necessary links to MO2 download and support/bug report here before, as well as a new mod release page for Jade Empire (modded that non-stop for days now), but then the site revert happened, and a truckload of notifications and past PMs hit me, and...well, let's just say I wouldn't wanna be a moderator about now. :P I got stuff to catch up on.

Sooo, after using MO for Skyrim for a long time I wanted to use it for FO4 as well.

Are there any instructions on how to use the new version somewhere?

I downloaded the MO2 and extracted the folder inside to my SSD, when I start MO2 I get an error "failed to initialize plugin: C:/ModOrganizer2/plugins/pyCfg.py: An unexpected C++ exception was thrown in python code".

When I click ok, I can kind of use MO2 but I can't start the game with the Fallout 4 exe or Launcher shortcut.

Do I need the new script extender?

Edit: I now installed F4SE and I can launch the game with that launcher directly. But not with MO2. Tried both versions, in the newer one I get the error that the F4SE launcher stopped working, the older version gives me a black screen with the green "press any button" and crashes to desktop when pressing a button.

Any help would be nice, don't want to use NMM :(

Sooo, after using MO for Skyrim for a long time I wanted to use it for FO4 as well.

Are there any instructions on how to use the new version somewhere?

I downloaded the MO2 and extracted the folder inside to my SSD, when I start MO2 I get an error "failed to initialize plugin: C:/ModOrganizer2/plugins/pyCfg.py: An unexpected C++ exception was thrown in python code".

When I click ok, I can kind of use MO2 but I can't start the game with the Fallout 4 exe or Launcher shortcut.

Do I need the new script extender?

My understanding is the FO4 version is very beta. There can be all sorts of issues going forward. Mostly available for those who wish to use it (test it). It isn't anywhere near the level of stability etc as the classic MO you have used in the past. It might take some time to get there. From what I read last it has a bug where it don't even use the overwrite folder. Use it with care and understanding that things can go wrong. If absolute dependability is required I would say go with one of the other managers until MO is more mainstream. It sucks but hopefully it will be a short time before it is solid as the Classic MO.