1 hour ago, Alfakentauri said:

Adding custom crouching animation is beyond my skills, I'm afraid.

As for the improved immersions..

Hide contents

The eggs are a drop from raiders. The main purpose is to provide rare crafting materials. Only one type is there, rest will be added when I'm finished with the textures.

Hide contents

It's the tentacle mod. AAF activity can start a new pregnancy or add eggs to existing one.

Thanks!

On 3/11/2023 at 10:29 AM, Alfakentauri said:

Radstorms can trigger growth spurts. That's going to be changed to something different, as spurts are so common now. I'm planning to add one simple food-related thing. That's about it for now. 

AAF-only stuff:

Reveal hidden contents

Additional eggs may be "added to the oven" once per pregnancy. Experiment eggs will hatch if dropped and summon a slimy creature if a certain mod is installed.

Which mod should we install to summon slimey creature? for research purposes lol

On 3/5/2023 at 11:07 AM, Alfakentauri said:

I've given up on the idea. The pure mechanics wouldn't be too hard to implement. I just find NPCs that don't acknowledge their condition in any way unappealing. That could be done with vanilla companions, sure, but I don't use them anymore. A bit of a dilemma.

What's stopping you from giving them custom dialog?

15 hours ago, User69569 said:

What's stopping you from giving them custom dialog?

I'm not a native speaker of English. I'm currently testing a system that allows multiple nearby companions to make comments when something happens: jelly is consumed, spurt happens, egg comes out, etc. Making up lines for some of them is just painful. 

On 3/13/2023 at 7:15 AM, Alfakentauri said:

Adding custom crouching animation is beyond my skills, I'm afraid.

As for the improved immersions..

Reveal hidden contents

The eggs are a drop from raiders. The main purpose is to provide rare crafting materials. Only one type is there, rest will be added when I'm finished with the textures.

Reveal hidden contents

It's the tentacle mod. AAF activity can start a new pregnancy or add eggs to existing one.

If you dont mind could you tell me what the name of the mod in question is

25 minutes ago, LatencyRemix said:

Is this normal when using the strange device?  Just started using this mod on a new game and not sure how it works

Hide contents

image.png.ae686b824a33d9e01bc4c34b10d8de29.png

Your device is not (at default) immediatly readable to you. (it's after all alien)

But as you become more influenced by the aliens, you can read it ( thats at least my interpretation)

In the MSM there is a toggle to turn unreadable off, ie make it readable from the start.

8 hours ago, LatencyRemix said:

I like that idea, its a prety cool concept for it.  Just i was using vortex now since i accidentaly deleted my MO2 hard drive :| so wasnt sure

I know its been linked before but it may be buried deep inside the thread for you to miss it:

If u play wasteland eggpansion, you may want to install this wider coruching stance for better/more plausible egglaying visuals.

(it says "manly" but its really just wider)

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/61508

Edited by katrina.balanchuk
  • 1 month later...

Hello, friends. I've got myself a problem - that's my first time trying a mod, and I can't quite understand what to do and why do my mods not working. May I ask someone step-by-step what to do, or where I can find that first egg? Because now I'm in a situation where I feel like I did something wrong, but I don't actually know, am I blind or really did not installed mod propperly (did all through NMM).

4 hours ago, Timey23 said:

Hello, friends. I've got myself a problem - that's my first time trying a mod, and I can't quite understand what to do and why do my mods not working. May I ask someone step-by-step what to do, or where I can find that first egg? Because now I'm in a situation where I feel like I did something wrong, but I don't actually know, am I blind or really did not installed mod propperly (did all through NMM).

The necessary items to get the pregnancies going are located behind the statue near the bridge in Sanctuary Hills. Consuming something called "Star Jelly" starts the first pregnancy. Jellies also spawn inside certain type of containers (wooden crates and rubbish bins) in newly discovered places. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, rainbowsloth said:

Is there any plans too make the eggs hatchable? It would be super cool to birth the eggs and then the eggs hatch.

No plans at the moment. Hatching would be fun, but what to do with all those creatures afterwards, that's the problem. Too many left stomping around can cause issues, like NPCs standing like lemons because of the AI limit. I guess the optimal solution would be to have something that allows you to sell the creatures with one easy click, just like Mojave Geckos mod handles the hatchlings. However, I keep thinking how "engaging" the hatching system in Ark Survival Evolved was. Something that complex wouldn't be possible, of course, but perhaps a workshop incubator item that is needed for hatching? Ideas are welcome. 

Edited by Alfakentauri
3 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

I'd like a system that force-feeds the jellies to the player character. It seems implausible that the PC would knowingly and willingly impregnate themself, unless the "story" of the mod includes desire of some kind. Just a thought :) Loving the mod so far!

I've been thinking jelly activation should be the default/canon way things work, and some kind of addiction system would fit very well into it. There's already the device that could influence someone to gobble up a jelly for the first time. After that, physical addiction would start to form.. Thanks for brilliant the idea!

2 hours ago, Alfakentauri said:

I've been thinking jelly activation should be the default/canon way things work, and some kind of addiction system would fit very well into it. There's already the device that could influence someone to gobble up a jelly for the first time. After that, physical addiction would start to form.. Thanks for brilliant the idea!

I don't know if possible, but you could even make a toggle or something so that folks who don't like this idea aren't turned off by it. Anyways, I can't take all the credit, my inspiration comes from many years on this forum lol.

Are you thinking of including some sort of quest at some point, to go along with the core function of the mod? Just curious. There are so few "sexy" Fallout 4 quests, especially compared to Skyrim. Regardless, loving the mod, keep up the great work :)

13 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

I'd like a system that force-feeds the jellies to the player character. It seems implausible that the PC would knowingly and willingly impregnate themself, unless the "story" of the mod includes desire of some kind. Just a thought :) Loving the mod so far!

I been thinking along same lines, Why would one knowingly consume the jelly willingly without an incentive too.

I have the Project Zeta installed and didn't notice anything happen in relation to this mod at all. There is an opportunity to make the player character be conditioned to seek out more of the jelly maybe? 

One other query, the difference of Cosmic Jelly and Star Jelly?