On 2/11/2023 at 3:01 AM, Rakkman1337 said:

Maybe in the future you could implement that if you have 100% knowledge of a species, you can synthesise fertility enzymes from dna samples (lootable meat) to trigger specific pregnancies. That way you could specialize in breeding a hand full of species, which could adapt your body to produce larger and more valuable eggs of that type (higher drop chance for large eggs?) This could even be worked into the perk system, something like "Deathclaw incubator" +10% dropchance for large eggs for every level, maxing out at 50% (1 lvl every 20 pregnancies). 

A simplified version of what you are describing is on the works using the alien device. Unlock ==> species-specific selection option as an override that removes the random factor. 

I can't seem to get things to "Get rolling" with 0.36, so to speak; I've consumed what I believe are the item(s) in question to supposedly start things ("DNA packets consumed" goes up), but my DNA exposure percentages never go up, and the papyrus logs aren't helpful:

[02/14/2023 - 05:57:51PM] warning: Variable VoreScript on script WLEGG:WLEGG_ExtraTriggerScript has an invalid type fv_consumptionregistryscript loaded from save. This variable will be skipped.

[02/14/2023 - 05:58:17PM] [WLEGG] AlienGooScript: updates aren't running yet and/or goo data missing.

Are there any mods that are known to conflict? or other diagnostic stuff I should be looking for?

7 hours ago, dorkulon said:

[02/14/2023 - 05:57:51PM] warning: Variable VoreScript on script WLEGG:WLEGG_ExtraTriggerScript has an invalid type fv_consumptionregistryscript loaded from save. This variable will be skipped.

[02/14/2023 - 05:58:17PM] [WLEGG] AlienGooScript: updates aren't running yet and/or goo data missing.

Are there any mods that are known to conflict? or other diagnostic stuff I should be looking for?

First error is normal if FV isn't installed. Second one means that either the mod has been stopped from the MCM (solution: start it) or you have Project Zeta installed and MCM setting "Wait for project zeta" set. By default it's not on. 

17 hours ago, gloo84 said:

Btw will this crawl on all fours mod work with it? It replaces the crouch sneak to crawl on all fours. For when birthing the eggs.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/55715?tab=images

Any crouching animation replacer should would work, including this one. Might look a bit strange though, especially when moving around..Eggs flying out from the butt.

18 hours ago, gloo84 said:

There seems to be an issue with the morph while inside the institute, where the alien device is showing the PC as 63% pregnant, but the belly morph was gone.

Morph updates happen by default every 2.0 in-game hours, so it might be a coincidence that the situation continued on during your stay at the Institute. I had a buggy version out at one stage that dropped permanent (type 3) morphs after pregnancy, but that's a different thing entirely. Why morphs drop sometimes seemingly randomly even when the values are there, it's a bit of a mystery. There are ways to get morphs to drop constantly; for instance, running together incompatible body types, Janebod and BT3 being the worst combination (yeah, I really tested that). 

As for the rare occasions, I'm not sure what triggers it. Some weird bug still lingering, could be. Or script delay and/or too many things loading at the same, perhaps. Many possibilities.

Edited by Alfakentauri
Clarification
5 hours ago, DerpedPerd said:

hey, is there a way to remove the egg laying effect to do some debugging?

something like a potion effect from skyrim?

In-game option, no. That's coming in the next version. In the meanwhile, changing egglaying mode to jelly activation or no pregnancies prevents automatic cycles from happening. However, anomalies can still happen. Another option is to pause the mod. If you are planning to debug Wasteland Eggspansion in its current form, please don't. A new version is around the corner. Besides, debugging is not exactly fun and it's my job anyway.

18 hours ago, Alfakentauri said:

In-game option, no. That's coming in the next version. In the meanwhile, changing egglaying mode to jelly activation or no pregnancies prevents automatic cycles from happening. However, anomalies can still happen. Another option is to pause the mod. If you are planning to debug Wasteland Eggspansion in its current form, please don't. A new version is around the corner. Besides, debugging is not exactly fun and it's my job anyway.

no, i'm debugging on my side, like trying to find out which mod is causing my character's everlasting body morphs

Hey! I just wanted to say a couple of things. First, thank you for this mod, it is pretty cool and very well-made.

I also wanted to report that I encountered the bug that you said about the permanent stage 3 morph after updating to the latest version. I tried everything to try to fix it and I managed to fix the problem by loading an older save file where my character was still pregnant by like a 90%, and then I went into the mod settings and stopped the mod completely. After that, the belly went back to normal after a couple of seconds and, as expected, the mod was not working anymore. I didn't save and loaded to my current save file after labor, and the belly got fixed for some reason.

Besides that, I really like this mod, thank you for your work!

On 2/26/2023 at 2:07 AM, timothyk1 said:

Thank you for this mod its a fun addon. Just wondering if u have any plans to allow follower to also get egged.

Can't say I haven't thought about it, but looks unlikely at the moment. This whole thing got bigger than I originally intended. 

Edited by Alfakentauri
9 hours ago, gloo84 said:

Will there be functions added so that companions and/or other npcs can become egglayers?

I've given up on the idea. The pure mechanics wouldn't be too hard to implement. I just find NPCs that don't acknowledge their condition in any way unappealing. That could be done with vanilla companions, sure, but I don't use them anymore. A bit of a dilemma.

I found an anomaly with swimming in water, as well as a mutation of eggs of deathclaw and mirelurk with the help of nuclearcola. Are there any more anomalies and will you add similar anomalies in the next updates? I wish there were more coincidences.

9 hours ago, KOT83 said:

I found an anomaly with swimming in water, as well as a mutation of eggs of deathclaw and mirelurk with the help of nuclearcola. Are there any more anomalies and will you add similar anomalies in the next updates? I wish there were more coincidences.

Radstorms can trigger growth spurts. That's going to be changed to something different, as spurts are so common now. I'm planning to add one simple food-related thing. That's about it for now. 

AAF-only stuff:

Spoiler

Additional eggs may be "added to the oven" once per pregnancy. Experiment eggs will hatch if dropped and summon a slimy creature if a certain mod is installed.

Hi! Can I ask if you will add a custom animation while crouched egg laying?

11 hours ago, Alfakentauri said:

Radstorms can trigger growth spurts. That's going to be changed to something different, as spurts are so common now. I'm planning to add one simple food-related thing. That's about it for now. 

AAF-only stuff:

Hide contents

Additional eggs may be "added to the oven" once per pregnancy. Experiment eggs will hatch if dropped and summon a slimy creature if a certain mod is installed.

Also, if it's okay, what particular mod you're talking about? For improved 'immersion' purposes, of course lmao

On 3/12/2023 at 8:16 AM, hahawhatusername? said:

Hi! Can I ask if you will add a custom animation while crouched egg laying?

Also, if it's okay, what particular mod you're talking about? For improved 'immersion' purposes, of course lmao

Adding custom crouching animation is beyond my skills, I'm afraid.

As for the improved immersions..

Spoiler

The eggs are a drop from raiders. The main purpose is to provide rare crafting materials. Only one type is there, rest will be added when I'm finished with the textures.

Spoiler

It's the tentacle mod. AAF activity can start a new pregnancy or add eggs to existing one.

11 hours ago, nuggetsniffer69 said:

I'm having an issue, the forced crouch and SFX aren't working at all, despite reinstalling. Any fix? 

Reinstalling won't work in this case. It's mostly likely an issue with competing scenes. There are a lot of scenes going on in the game, not just cutscenes. For example, NPCs can force greet: You ignore them, but you are still stuck in a scene for a very long time. 

Possible solutions: Try the newest version if not already using it. Avoid NPCs during labor. If that doesn't work, there might be something else going on.