Wasteland Eggspansion

View File

Wasteland Eggspansion is a pregnancy mod centred around laying eggs. Intended to be something light-hearted, embracing the ridiculous side of Fallout. Pregnancies are initiated without sex. The experience is customizable. Be sure to check whether the default MCM settings suit your needs. Please note that there are no quests to complete or NPCs. This is a background mod, not the main course.

What it does

• Makes the player character or companions eager egg-layers.
  • You get started by finding and consuming an item. One can be found near the statue next to the Sanctuary bridge.
  • Contact in combat and eating food act as triggers for unlocking new egg types.
  • At the beginning, the capacity to carry eggs is limited, but it will improve gradually. The size of the belly is connected to how many and what type of eggs the egg-layer is carrying. 
  • Simple labour effects: moans, crouching, eggs dropping on the ground one by one and controller rumble. Can be turned off. 
  • Supports most of the vanilla, DLC and some of the Mojave species. 

List of eggs types

Most eggs are consumable items meant to be either sold or to be used for crafting using the cooking station.

Spoiler

Normal eggs - All unlockable gradually by consuming jellies. Food, combat encounters and/or sex help if applicable.

- Angler*

- Bloatfly

- Bloodbug

- Bloodworm

- Cave Cricket

- Cazador

- Deathclaw*

- Fog Crawler*

- Gatorclaw*

- Gecko* (4 variants)

- Giant Ant (2 variants)

- Gulper*

- Hermit Crab*

- Iguana*

- Mantis

- Mirelurk

- Mirelurk Hunter

- Mirelurk King

- Mirelurk Queen

- Nightstalker (2 variants)

- Rad Chicken*

- Radroach

- Radscorpion*

- Stingwing

* Rare bigger version exist. Usually triggered by growth spurts.

Exceptions best discovered by accident (actual spoilers, not just hiding data for a cleaner page)

Spoiler

- Alien Squid and Alien Worm eggs - Ninja jelly unlocks. Getting hit by alien blaster fire, Zetan themed mod(s) needed. Player only.

- Bloodworm - Normal jelly/food/combat unlock, but worms may hatch and escape during labor. Worm spawns require Nuka-World DLC.

- Experiment eggs - Ninja jelly unlock. Dropped by raiders. Animated Tentacles mod needed for hatching mechanic triggered by dropping the egg from inventory.

- Fish eggs - Extra eggs triggered sometimes when swimming.

- Irratiated eggs - Extra eggs added sometimes due to radstorm exposure.

- Holiday eggs - Optional Rad Chicken egg conversion during holidays. Consuming Yum Yum Deviled Eggs adds more.

- Quantumclaw, Quantumgator and Nukalurk eggs - Quantum consumable induced conversion during suitable pregnancy.

Buffs, debuffs and perks

Full documention incoming at a later date. Possibly.

Spoiler

Species-specific pregnancy perks. All can be turned off from the MCM (ON/OFF beneficial/detrimental).

Chill: +2 charisma and +2 luck.

Diver: +2 strength and underwater breathing. +500 radiation resistance when exposed to radioactive water.

Fireproof: +100 fire resistance, +2 endurance and +1 heal rate.

Gojira: +2 endurance, +2 strength, +50 damage resistance, +500 fire resistance, +300 energy resistance and +300 radiation resistance.

Hivemind: +2 intelligence and +2 charisma.

Hoarder: +100 carry weight and +20 damage resistance.

Hunter: +5% weapon damage and 2x experience from kills. +2 perception and underwater breathing.

Hyper: 15% faster movement. +2 perception.

Immortal: +200 health and +2 heal rate.

Pointy: +5% melee damage and +2 strength.

Protected: +500 radiation resistance.

Rage: +2 strength and +5% unarmed damage.

Resistant: +100 poison resistance and +2 endurance.

Royalty: +2 strength and +2 charisma. Underwater breathing and +500 radiation resistance when exposed to radioactive water.

Scaly: +20 damage resistance, +100 energy resistance and +200 radiation resistance.

Stalker: +500 poison resistance and 20 seconds of stealth at the start of combat.

Super: 2x jump height. 99% less fall damage.

Survivor: +2 perception.

Thick-shelled: +50 damage resistance and +200 radiation resistance.

Animation-related egg addition:

Incubator: +100 health and +2 strength.

Extra/unused perk that can appear only in random mode:

Immune: +10 endurance.

Radstorm egg addition:

Oops: +1000 radiation resistance.

Jelly addiction & empty womb debuff is -2 charisma, -2 intelligence and -2 perception if the feature is on. Displayed in active effects.

Version 0.44 requirement changes: 1) Robco Patcher and its requirements. 2) SUP F4SE update might be necessary. Version 11+ is now the minimum.

Hard requirements. All of these are of general use and non-negotiable.

Optionals. Not-so-general-use but provide additional "stuff".

• For dripping fluids during labor 'Zaz Particle Effects.esp' from UAP
  • Base Object Swapper and its requirements for spawning consumable items into the world. 

Might be of interest

• Immersive Animation Framework for eating and drinking animations for jellies and concoctions.

• MCM Booster for faster loading menus.

• Quick trade for accessing quickly companion inventories.

• Zetan-themed mods available on Nexus.

• Mojave Wasteland species additions available on Nexus.

• A more suitable crouching animation (maybe this?) if using the good old crouching method for labor.
  • UI mod of your choice to make message boxes better and prettier.

Random information

• For male character belly morphs this might be needed: Male Morph Support
  • Supported body types: CBBE, TWB, Fusion Girl, Janebod and Bodytalk. For other bodies custom sliders can be used, but if the body type doesn't have a pregnancy belly slider, not much can be done. 

• All egg types can be unlocked even without the DLCs and associated mods. The necessary consumable item is found by dumpster-diving and is often dropped by raider types. If you are on an old save, visiting new areas or places that haven’t been visited lately does the trick. Or sleeping a month until the cells reset..
  • Making companions egg-layers works by putting jellies or jellied food into their inventory. Amount of egg-laying companions/NPCs is limited to 20.
  • Companions won’t become egg-layers unless it makes sense for them to do so. If in a hurry and unable to wait to get the necessary companion affinity perk, sole survivors (or startmeuppers) are going to have to engage sneaky asshole mode and use a “jellied” food item in order to trick their egg-layer candidates. Recipes found inside magazine #1 and crafted items sometimes dropped by raiders. This can be bypassed with 10+ charisma or having a reputation as an egg-layer.

• Pip-Boy perks indicate what's going on with the player character. For companion/npc information, the alien device and MCM hotkeys need to be used.

• Jelly addiction and alien device influence system is designed to automate jelly consumption. Active effects in Pip-Boy show what's going on if the feature is enabled.

• If an egg-layer is in "dormant" state, it means that a cure has been activated. Giving them either a speed or growth concoction resumes production. Alternatively, the device can be used to restart the production of a misbehaving egg-layer.

Mod management

Can't recommend updating during labor due to the numerous changes, but is probably fine in other states.

Current state of the mod and future plans

For now, the mod is done. Bug fixing continues when needed. Any kind of big update or "an actual release" is a long way off.

Things left to do:

• A few lore-friendly eggs types haven't made it into the mod yet and some egg textures still need improving.
  • A few random small-scale and self-contained shenanigans and environmental triggers for them.
  • Workshop shelves and nests as displays for eggs. Need to stop adding and changing eggs before it can happen.
  • Some structural changes and cutting down a few unnecessary features and options.

Known issues and frequent topics

• AI generated voices sound terrible. Most of them were generated using xVASynth version 1 or 2 voice models. I won't be updating the sound files anytime soon unless there's a monumental jump in quality open source based solutions can provide. A posh sounding British Curie or 'Murican Cait is probably something to avoid. RVC perhaps.
  • No jellies to be found inside rubbish bins or dumpsters. Either the area was already discovered before or there’s a scarcity mod getting rid off the items? Vendors, killing raiders and Basic Object Swapper might be of help.
  • Alien device displays rubbish and is slow. The device isn’t supposed work properly at the beginning. There’s MCM setting to skip this phase and have the device fully running immediately. The feature will be later removed.
  • Companions engage incessant sandboxing derp mode inside settlements and squatting may not happen during labor.
  • Morphs if the same sliders are used multiple times. Can't be fixed.
  • Egg hatching and offspring. There are two random happenings that can result in eggs hatching. As for offspring, FPER/WDF and Mojave Geckos already do that. The latter is integrated as much as it can be: bigger Gecko eggs come out as hatchable eggs if the mod in question is installed.

Disclaimer and warnings

• This is about gestating and popping out eggs of imaginary mutated species. One might find that distasteful.
  • Sufferers of survival realism derangement may find everything lacking in dreadful misery.
  • Stable Diffusion 1.5/SDXL were used to help texture creation. xVaSynth, Tortoise TTS and XTTS v2 were used to voice NPCs. Voices can be turned off from the MCM, but without textures there would be no mod.

Credits and sources for inspiration
A lot of ideas, mainly the labor system, come from MorePrinniesDood's excellent EggFactory

Fallout Vore convinced me that interacting with the vanilla game mechanics is the way to go.

pepertje's Fertile Breeder lore inspired me to do this mod in the first place and gave a handy way to explain who/what is behind the nonsense.

Tool tinkerers, general use mod makers, guide writers and information sharers.

Kendri for the ideas of jelly activation option for pregnancies and burst mode for egg output.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/30/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    F4SE, MCM, Looksmenu, SUP F4SE, RobCo Patcher

Edited by Alfakentauri
New update
7 minutes ago, ebbluminous said:

As in does this mod and the FPE mod play nice together or cause a stack of problems?

Depending on your version of Looksmenu (as mentioned recently here for example), having two or more inflation-based mods running at the same time could be a problem. If you consider the wrong (= smaller) morph value being applied to the player character a problem. 

On 12/1/2022 at 1:32 AM, Alfakentauri said:

Depending on your version of Looksmenu (as mentioned recently here for example), having two or more inflation-based mods running at the same time could be a problem. If you consider the wrong (= smaller) morph value being applied to the player character a problem. 

there is this thing from skyrim where the PC would get double preggo from both eggs & natural means.

thus creating a PC with a pot belly size of a Prydwen

Hello. cool mod. I'm glad that this is now also available for fallout. i also played this mod for skyrim and thought it was great.

I just don't know if this mod works. everything looks good so far. I've been wandering through the wasteland for ages, looked everywhere, ate everything, fought lots of animals and let lots of animals fuck me, but nothing happened.

I looked in the console with the help function and saw that there are probably a number of quests that I'm already looking forward to.

I had a number of eggs given to me by the console and ate them too, but nothing happened

is there a possibility to trigger the mod manually?

58 minutes ago, Reuf84 said:

is there a possibility to trigger the mod manually?

Yes, go to the MCM settings, select Debug and enable debug messaging. A list of debug commands should appear on the same page. Click "Give unlock item". It sends a consumable food item to player inventory. If you have kept the default settings, consuming the item in question should get things rolling. If you get "No use" notification, go to Tweaks, disable "Wait for Zeta" and try again. Don't forget to disable the debug mode. The information it spews out is too excessive for normal gameplay. 

Sorry, but there are no story quests. What you saw were the controller quests.

Edited by Alfakentauri
Added more details
3 hours ago, DerpedPerd said:

there is this thing from skyrim where the PC would get double preggo from both eggs & natural means.

thus creating a PC with a pot belly size of a Prydwen

Don't forget about the third option, soul gems! I did experience some occasional morph update glitches running three different pregnancy morphs at the same time in Skyrim. Immersion breaking for sure, but nothing got borked permanently. (Unless player characters are actual people is some alternate universe. Then I'm going to hell.)

2 hours ago, Huevoasesino said:

Just a question, what are the eggs for? Are they useful some way or just decoration?

Currently, you can just sell them for a few caps to normal vendors. I'm a bit hesitant to add recipes, because there are so many of them already in the game if you have a heavy load order. Mirelurk, Deathclaw and Radscorpion eggs could be the exception. Doesn't really make sense you can't use them the same way that eggs dropped by animals are used. 

14 hours ago, Alfakentauri said:

Don't forget about the third option, soul gems! I did experience some occasional morph update glitches running three different pregnancy morphs at the same time in Skyrim. Immersion breaking for sure, but nothing got borked permanently. (Unless player characters are actual people is some alternate universe. Then I'm going to hell.)

here's another thing on my mind:

if my PC gets boned by a creature that has eggs for babies, will that get overwritten by FPE functions?

1 hour ago, DerpedPerd said:

here's another thing on my mind:

if my PC gets boned by a creature that has eggs for babies, will that get overwritten by FPE functions?

As you might have noticed, AAF patch has its own little MCM settings page. This bug/feature is only relevant if you have the third or fourth option selected for "Desired result". There's a delay before WLEGG reacts to AAF events. The idea is that FPE(R) gets to try first and WLEGG gets blocked if the player character entered FPE(R) faction for pregnancies. That is, if that option is turned on in the "Tweaks" MCM page and the delay I've set is long enough. However, I forgot to add the necessary check to AAF-sourced pregnancies. Double preggos are go. It should be fixed in the next version. 

Regardless of what happens immediately, WLEGG will remember what you did. Counters will increase and an unlock can and will be delayed for later. 

19 hours ago, Alfakentauri said:

Yes, go to the MCM settings, select Debug and enable debug messaging. A list of debug commands should appear on the same page. Click "Give unlock item". It sends a consumable food item to player inventory. If you have kept the default settings, consuming the item in question should get things rolling. If you get "No use" notification, go to Tweaks, disable "Wait for Zeta" and try again. Don't forget to disable the debug mode. The information it spews out is too excessive for normal gameplay. 

Sorry, but there are no story quests. What you saw were the controller quests.

i've already consumed the item, so...

how does it work?

need to get filled or it's passively active internally?

i've already consumed the item, so...

how does it work?

need to get filled or it's passively active internally?

Take a look at your perks in Pip-Boy. If you see a perk beginning with "WE: ", you are good to go. Another thing to try is to go to the MCM settings and under Mod Management click on the first option. It should tell you what the mod is doing. 

Edit: No need for re-filling once it gets going, but it does have some benefits..

Edited by Alfakentauri
26 minutes ago, Alfakentauri said:

Take a look at your perks in Pip-Boy. If you see a perk beginning with "WE: ", you are good to go. Another thing to try is to go to the MCM settings and under Mod Management click on the first option. It should tell you what the mod is doing. 

ok i see them.

WE: belly & WE: state

the state (status) is empty?

should it have text based on its ongoing progress instead of everytime going to mcm?

ok i see them.

WE: belly & WE: state

the state (status) is empty?

should it have text based on its ongoing progress instead of everytime going to mcm?

Obviously, the perks are still being worked at. I'm not planning to add any information about months or trimesters. It's not applicable. 

10 hours ago, jimmy1a1 said:

What does the Eggsplosion silly mode do?

Makes the player character lay 128 random eggs at the end of the pregnancy. It's mostly for testing. I'll remove it soon. Edit: It could be re-worked to be a sort of random egg mode. I'll add that to the list of ideas.

Edited by Alfakentauri
note