12 hours ago, Alfakentauri said:

Something like that hasn't been implemented. I was just thinking where it would make sense. I do want to avoid using certain words, and keep this mostly wacky/naive. 

Questions:

-Will there be more "update to orders" appearing in the device as a commentary on "the units" productivity if it improves a lot over time?

So far I have only seen the one.

-Do any NPCs have any comments of pity or disgust if they catch her in the "act"?

-Does it do anything to her reputation if she is caught "in the act"?

Another idea, much easier to do: The strange devive could be  a collar called " alien cattle collar" or some such, that self installs  when you try to plunder the alien. (and cannot be taken off without turning off the mod in the MCM).

Among the files in "mission paramters" she can read it regularily adds alien growth hormones to her , which is where her superhuman fertility comes from; creating all that biomass inside her so quickly is a herculean feat. this could be one explanation for it.

and maybe it also addes super healing chems to her body after each birth which is why her figure looks normal and w/o strecth marks after every birth. From the aliens perspective keeping her apperance normal would aid in preventing detection of what they are doing.

After all stimpacks are already normal in the game which do something broadly similar.

And there could be thought messages where she always ravenously feels hungry whenever she is pregnant and so will welcome extra food.

With this fast growth I imagine hunger pangs would be much worse for her.

The collar also may be the obervation device and it could even teleport healthy non-rad but high calorie, food items from the environment, into her inventory everytime she goes to sleep; this so she can feed herself very well to enable that big biomass creation every 3 days.

or just a thought message"

"you find 3 large loaves of bread and 3 sticks of butter in your inventory when you wake up. You ravenously ate all 3 of the bread and butter in minutes. You feel nauseous. You are not sure if it is from your abnormal pregnancy or from eating so much so quickly.

But at least your extreme hunger pangs have been satiated. For now."

Should be easy to add as thought Messages?

This mod is too good not to expand further . :)

Edited by katrina.balanchuk
1 hour ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

Questions:

-Will there be more "update to orders" appearing in the device as a commentary on "the units" productivity if it improves a lot over time?

So far I have only seen the one.

-Do any NPCs have any comments of pity or disgust if they catch her in the "act"?

-Does it do anything to her reputation if she is caught "in the act"?

There's a lot to discuss here, so I'll just answer quickly these questions and come back to the ideas later. There's only one updated order currently. If by act you mean labor, there are lines for when the player is squatting. Some "standing labor" comments too. Not all negative. There's no proper reputation system, but some lines change as the pregnancy count rises. The commentary system is currently tied to perks. 

14 hours ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

Another idea, much easier to do: The strange devive could be  a collar called " alien cattle collar" or some such, that self installs  when you try to plunder the alien. (and cannot be taken off without turning off the mod in the MCM).

I think there needs to be a limit on what the device can do. It’s a scanner/communicator type of thing, and can project stuff into the player character’s mind and send their location to the Aliens. I got some things planned, but it remains to be seen what actually works in-game.

And food. The energy and “biomass” needs to come from somewhere for things to make sense. Like you said, "thought messages" are the easiest way to go about it. Need for food as a mechanic exists only in survival mode, and any kind of actual eating, forced or not, would make the player fatter if a weight gain mod is installed. Not the desired effect. The simplest solution: the jellies function as energy bombs. For the time being, gorgefests are just assumed to be happening in the background.

I appreciate all the ideas; had a few epiphanies about the direction I want to take this.

4 hours ago, Alfakentauri said:

I think there needs to be a limit on what the device can do. It’s a scanner/communicator type of thing, and can project stuff into the player character’s mind and send their location to the Aliens. I got some things planned, but it remains to be seen what actually works in-game.

And food. The energy and “biomass” needs to come from somewhere for things to make sense. Like you said, "thought messages" are the easiest way to go about it. Need for food as a mechanic exists only in survival mode, and any kind of actual eating, forced or not, would make the player fatter if a weight gain mod is installed. Not the desired effect. The simplest solution: the jellies function as energy bombs. For the time being, gorgefests are just assumed to be happening in the background.

I appreciate all the ideas; had a few epiphanies about the direction I want to take this.

Fair enough.

There is a mod where restraints auto install on the player if she finds them when looting places, and that is what I was thinking of. it could be a large collar (or even an option in the MCM for user to toggle as option)

But just an idea from a grateful user of this mod.

I also realize it may not be practical to implement a collar solution since that is a differnt kind of manipulation in the game and possibly other modders would have to agree to use their  graphics?

But I am perfectly willign to send paypal.

And I am sure  a lot of "justa add this" ideas from users really imply many hours of works whether we realize it or not  :)

My character has stopped eating the jellies and just lays her favorites for  a while now ( I stick with the "continues last exposure" setting mod, I think its great you incldued these MCM options)

The smaller egss are more immersive to me to the limitations in the human body.

But the jellies even if eating just few in the beginig of course could include those growth and fertility hormones for indefinete.

As for eating fests, yes I imagine it in the background going on as the non survival playthrough usually does.

Though for immersion I make a point to eat and drink at least once during that short pregnancy ( which I otherwise dont bother with on  a normal playthrough until combat damage leads me to stims).

There is a lot of potential with those messages of what she is thinking:

thinking about how happy she is ot be pregnant? or about the Despair at her condtion? thinking about frequent extreme nausea beyond what is normal during pregnancy? Moments of disgust at thinking of the eggs growing inside her by species name? Or feeling a happy and honored eagerness to contribute to new life in the wasteland? or ambition to show she can be good at it to her obersvers? or thinking about her hunger pangs, , thoughts about haitng those who did this to her, thoughts about being grateful to those who did this to her? or a mix of all those at different times..?? endless possibilities...

My player character for some reaoson she has an ambition to prove she is more than"adequate" as the updated orders describe her.. ;) 

I think its useful that the various locations reset themsleves after a while.

This is immersive since it cold mean they hatched or worry or fell prey to animals.

More ideas for a thought bubbles after after she laid her eggs:

- She is pleased if it was bountiful (close to her max capacity)

- thinks disapointed thoughts, if it was more than 10% less than her max.  and she resolves to sleep more to become more bountiful

- Feels disgust at looking all those eggs shemade

- Feels pride looking at all those eggs she made

- Expresses hope they will hatch successfully and not fall prey to animals before they do.

the possibilities are endless :)

54 minutes ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

More ideas for a thought bubbles after after she laid her eggs:

The function of those notifications is to indicate that something happened or is about to happen. I've tried to keep them as neutral as possible, but they still are a bit iffy. I hope they don't cause too many "my character wouldn't think like that" moments. Not sure how people would feel if I presented them a huge MCM questionnaire of what their character thinks about this and that. It would get awfully complicated. 

However, it's not hard to imagine a NPC with some of those qualities, gone a bit gaga and fussing over their "yield" and egg quality, perhaps asking whether the player worries about the same things. That's missing from the random comments. 

Been running with the latest version on my latest play-through and so far so good; nothing glaring / game stopping. Fan of the different buffs / debuffs depending on whatever egg species you're pregnant with. Was a bit in the dark with getting player info tracking progression at first until

Spoiler

you use the armor device found at the Sanctuary statue which shows your egg stats.

Some Oddities / Observations:

• Recently went through a bloatfly preg(g)nancy, faster movement made sense but the increased reload speed felt a bit too quick imo (less than a second to reload a sniper rifle). Not sure if the increased run speed stacked with the reload animation speed in some way.

Questions:

• As you increase your exposure to multiple species, is there a possibility for the player to begin laying different egg/species types in a single pregnancy?
  • Are preproduction anomaly occurrences just random or influenced by other factors (ie number of eggs laid, etc.)?

Suggestions:

• Having more internal dialogue during the pregnancy; though from the above threads it would be tough to both increase content and keep it 'neutral' flavored. Could open up a Google doc or something similar where people can post their suggestions. Same thing with idle NPC comments.
10 hours ago, Sleepy_Soul said:
  • As you increase your exposure to multiple species, is there a possibility for the player to begin laying different egg/species types in a single pregnancy?
  • Are preproduction anomaly occurrences just random or influenced by other factors (ie number of eggs laid, etc.)?

I will investigate the reloading speed issue. Anomalies are something that can happen in a certain environment or need something else to trigger them. There are four of them currently and they are meant to be discovered by accident. Different egg/species in a single pregnancy I've been planning to add as an anomaly.

All, I downlaoded this vignette as first more as  a humorrous lark.

but it is a lot of fun and addictive. :)

Also it has happend to me to mix species in one egglaying.

She was expecting radroach eggs but had carnal knowledge of  a deathclaw during pregnancy and 11 radroach eggs came out and one big brownish deathclaw egg.

I try to avoid big predator species usually, since I dont want to help populate a region wich monsters but it just happened.

( I was even thinking that would be a perfectly good explantion for a large landscape like this one https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/53128 that is nearly completely devoid of people but generously populated by a variety of monsters. When I went there i thought the state of affairs can be easily explained by the aliens throwing out  awhole bunch of star gels with aggreeive specieis and the end result are lonely mepty houses)

Also I stopped using the device to exactly predict my time for the surpise in species and time (more immersive that is) I and got surpised when it happend on broad daylight in a major settlement.

The comments from passer-bys were great, especially hearing them the first time.

For immersion I usually scurry outside eyesight of any settlement, to do the deed and also since i want o put the ggs were they have a good environment (anglers in a lake/river, mirelurks at the beach, radroaches in old ruins etc).

This is easy to do with the 
"strange device" i found on alien but not using it has led to surpises.

I'm sorry but I'm having troubles with this mod due to frequent crashes, and due to my inexperience with Fallout 4 Modding I can't figure out what is causing my game to freeze, not respond, then having to force shutdown.
Do you want the .txt file, or would you rather my copy/paste everything into a spoiler box?
Do I post my Papyrus Logs into this thread? Or is there a better place.

5 hours ago, TheRekoon said:

How to increase the capacity of womb? Already birth around 30-32 eggs, and still can make only one per preg

Sounds like you are stuck giving birth to one type of egg (Deathclaw?) that doesn't go over the carrying limit and therefore the capacity doesn't increase. Different type of eggs and unlocks are needed for things to progress. I think a failsafe system for that sort of situations need to be added. Thank you for letting me know.

12 hours ago, SCRUBLORDPICKLE said:

I'm sorry but I'm having troubles with this mod due to frequent crashes, and due to my inexperience with Fallout 4 Modding I can't figure out what is causing my game to freeze, not respond, then having to force shutdown.

Do these freezes happen when the mod is paused or stopped from MCM? 

17 minutes ago, Alfakentauri said:

Do these freezes happen when the mod is paused or stopped from MCM? 

I think I figured it out? Game has stopped crashing at least.
The game would only crash when I had one set of Armor on: TheKite's Vault-Tec Slave Suit. I was also using CHCBBEP along side it.
I took a shot in the dark and disabled CHCBBEP and can safely play Fallout with your mod enabled, and use TheKite's mod. Which I find incredibly odd since my character still had jiggle physics whilst naked, so it wasn't CHCBBEP crashing my game, or it was but it was only TheKite's CHCBBEP Armor Physics crashing my game. ...or it was Rad Morphing Redux crashing my game; updating my character's breast size then promptly coming into conflict with CHCBBEP.
Honestly I could keep making guesses all day, but that's gonna get us nowhere; so:

I'll re-enable everything back to how it was, stop the mod in the MCM, and report back in 20 or so minutes VIA an Edit.

Update:
Test 1: Renabled the mod in Vortex alongside CHCBBEP and the file to make TheKite's VTS CHCBBEP compatible. Game CTD'd shortly after consuming Star Jelly. 
Test 2: Booted up same save, ate Star Jelly, exited pip-boy and immediately opened up MCM and paused the mod. Game still CTD'd.
Test 3: Booted up same save again, paused your mod immediately after loading in, ate Star Jelly, got "No use, tastes absolutely terrible..." notification.

Edited by SCRUBLORDPICKLE
TESTS, FOR SCIENCE!
4 hours ago, SCRUBLORDPICKLE said:

I think I figured it out? Game has stopped crashing at least.

It sounds like something goes wrong when Bodygen update is called to refresh morphs. One thing to try is to set all slider values to zero in MCM/Custom Morphs, so those updates won't happen. 

By the way, do you have Buffout installed? The crash logs might provide more information. 

6 hours ago, Alfakentauri said:

Sounds like you are stuck giving birth to one type of egg (Deathclaw?) that doesn't go over the carrying limit and therefore the capacity doesn't increase. Different type of eggs and unlocks are needed for things to progress. I think a failsafe system for that sort of situations need to be added. Thank you for letting me know.

I birthed around 5 other creatures, RadScorp, Mirleurk, Anglo, but i still have only one egg per pregnant

3 hours ago, TheRekoon said:

I birthed around 5 other creatures, RadScorp, Mirleurk, Anglo, but i still have only one egg per pregnant

Unfortunately, it's possible to be unlucky that way. As a solution I'm adding a mechanic that will cause eggs sometimes to either multiply or become bigger if there's "room" for growth. 

14 hours ago, Alfakentauri said:

It sounds like something goes wrong when Bodygen update is called to refresh morphs. One thing to try is to set all slider values to zero in MCM/Custom Morphs, so those updates won't happen. 

By the way, do you have Buffout installed? The crash logs might provide more information. 

May have some info related info to this - it's pretty rare, but I do on occasion get a similar sounding CTD.

Ran the Buffout Crash Reader and it spit out the following:

Spoiler

image.png.e5fe8ca12aa6327b1a14ef9f04a4208f.png

Not sure how to diagnose after this. I also have Enhanced FPE running, so my only guess is that maybe when multiple mods run BodyGen Morph scripts on the player character simultaneously the temperamental Fallout engine keels over.

Edited by Sleepy_Soul
11 minutes ago, Sleepy_Soul said:

May have some info related info to this - it's pretty rare, but I do on occasion get a similar sounding CTD.

Ran the Buffout Crash Reader and it spit out the following:

Hide contents

image.png.e5fe8ca12aa6327b1a14ef9f04a4208f.png

Not sure how to diagnose after this. I also have Enhanced FPE running, so my only guess is that maybe when multiple mods run BodyGen Morph scripts on the player character simultaneously the temperamental Fallout engine keels over.

I run normal FPE, RMR and this mod together and there hasn't been crashes. Once I forgot to clear out the folder where Bodyslide Studio generates its meshes. I was starting over with a different bodytype and I think that may have caused a crash. Happened in the same area (same npc with the same outfit around?) and stopped after clearing out the old files. But this is all anecdotal. 

1 hour ago, SCRUBLORDPICKLE said:

Three Questions:
How do you increase your "Ideal Egg Capacity"?
What are Preproductive Anomalies and how do you obtain them?
and I noticed in the Pipboy's Perk section that there's Growth Rate; how do you increase it because one egg every 4 days is slooooow.

Going over the capacity increases ideal (might need a better name). A while back I changed starting species to be more random and that has been a bit problematic, since you can be stuck with something that doesn't go over the capacity for a very long time. Mini-update pushed out yesterday added random growth spurt mechanic that should help with that. Reproductive anomalies are just rare gags that can happen. Eggs may become more plentiful or bigger in certain circumstances. 

Current list:

Spoiler

Radstorms, swimming, drinking Nuka-Cola Quantum while pregnant with Deathclaw or Mirelurk eggs and AAF activities.

First off, huge fan of this mod, its exactly something I've been looking for. Anything to expand my armory of weight-gain-centric mods that can work seamlessly with one another is always a plus :). I'm keeping my eye on this, very much looking forward to future stuffs!

I did have a question on like, activating the pregnancy process, the MCM options kinda confuse me a little.

Is there a setting where preggnancy only occurs when you consume star/cosmic jelly? I'm unsure if thats a thing already; I figured it was 'manual activation' but that didn't seem to work. All the other settings seem to start the process automatically/continuously after consuming just the first jelly.

Also, another smaller question, it says the best way to find the jellies is to dumpster dive but is there anywhere specific where they spawn? I had played for about 2-3 hours, spending most of the time in Boston and only ever found 1 jelly canister. If I can suggest, I wouldn't mind a setting that can increase/decrease spawn frequencies of jelly.

Edited by Kendri
16 hours ago, Alfakentauri said:

Going over the capacity increases ideal (might need a better name). A while back I changed starting species to be more random and that has been a bit problematic, since you can be stuck with something that doesn't go over the capacity for a very long time. Mini-update pushed out yesterday added random growth spurt mechanic that should help with that. Reproductive anomalies are just rare gags that can happen. Eggs may become more plentiful or bigger in certain circumstances. 

Current list:

Reveal hidden contents

Radstorms, swimming, drinking Nuka-Cola Quantum while pregnant with Deathclaw or Mirelurk eggs and AAF activities.

Not sure how complex it would be to implement, but tying the positive perks to the vanilla drug/addiction system would be cool. For example, you'll get the breathing underwater bonus if you swim long enough when pregnant with Mirelurk eggs, but doing it too much increases the growth rate / occurrence of anomalies.