7 hours ago, Kendri said:

Is there a setting where preggnancy only occurs when you consume star/cosmic jelly? I'm unsure if thats a thing already; I figured it was 'manual activation' but that didn't seem to work. All the other settings seem to start the process automatically/continuously after consuming just the first jelly.

Also, another smaller question, it says the best way to find the jellies is to dumpster dive but is there anywhere specific where they spawn? I had played for about 2-3 hours, spending most of the time in Boston and only ever found 1 jelly canister. If I can suggest, I wouldn't mind a setting that can increase/decrease spawn frequencies of jelly.

That "manual activation" is named badly. It just disables automatic egg cycles from happening. Consuming jellies activating a pregnancy is a very good idea for a mode.  

The jellies spawn in areas newly explored: large and small green dumpsters, mailboxes, iceboxes, orange rubbish bins and some metal boxes. The problem is that on existing saves those containers may have already spawned in their contents, and it takes a long time for them to refresh after looting. Adding chances wouldn't really help with the core problem. The chance is 50% for the more common one and 30% for the rare one. Adding them to the vendors is one option. Adding Alien supply stashes would be more "immersive", but there would need to be a lot of those for accidental discovery. It needs a bit more thinking.

6 hours ago, Sleepy_Soul said:

Not sure how complex it would be to implement, but tying the positive perks to the vanilla drug/addiction system would be cool. For example, you'll get the breathing underwater bonus if you swim long enough when pregnant with Mirelurk eggs, but doing it too much increases the growth rate / occurrence of anomalies.

It is possible. Swimming and Mirelurk pregnancies have many options. Queen pregnancies could be sped up, for example. As for the addiction side of things, I'm not yet sure how to go about it. The real addiction is the pregnancies (debuffs if you are not?), but it could be tied to other things too, like the jellies.

Edited by Alfakentauri
prepositions
7 hours ago, Alfakentauri said:

The jellies spawn in areas newly explored: large and small green dumpsters, mailboxes, iceboxes, orange rubbish bins and some metal boxes. The problem is that on existing saves those containers may have already spawned in their contents, and it takes a long time for them to refresh after looting. Adding chances wouldn't really help with the core problem. The chance is 50% for the more common one and 30% for the rare one. Adding them to the vendors is one option. Adding Alien supply stashes would be more "immersive", but there would need to be a lot of those for accidental discovery. It needs a bit more thinking.

A Mode where Pregnancies only occur when you consume Jelly does sound fun. However since Jellies are fairly rare, one option that would allow for such a setting would be to simply add a Recipe for more. Maybe something along the lines of:
"After unlocking and reading the 'Mission Parameters' on the Strange Device, your character could have the thought of 'I wonder if I could make more...' and you get rewarded with a poor excuse of a Star Jelly recipe." Something that's incredibly resource inefficient requiring a good selection of differing wasteland ingredients. or something that comes with downsides that aren't so bad you don't want to even touch the stuff, but harsh enough to where you would still 9 times out of 10 would want to use Star or Cosmic Jelly instead. i.e. Not getting the respective pregnancy perk, or a very erratic pregnancies with growth spurts, forcing your character to crouch due to contractions, or more.

2 hours ago, SCRUBLORDPICKLE said:

"After unlocking and reading the 'Mission Parameters' on the Strange Device, your character could have the thought of 'I wonder if I could make more...' and you get rewarded with a poor excuse of a Star Jelly recipe." Something that's incredibly resource inefficient requiring a good selection of differing wasteland ingredients. or something that comes with downsides that aren't so bad you don't want to even touch the stuff, but harsh enough to where you would still 9 times out of 10 would want to use Star or Cosmic Jelly instead. i.e. Not getting the respective pregnancy perk, or a very erratic pregnancies with growth spurts, forcing your character to crouch due to contractions, or more.

Adding clear consequences to growth spurts like forced crouching is definitely something to consider. Not sure if wasteland ingredients are up to the task of creating jellies, but perhaps one could try to make more by diluting the stuff using alien blaster cells, melons, Quantums, etc. So many ideas..

And what about magazines?

It would be nice to tie them to the mechanics. For example, increase the randomness of various effects by 5% or make them recipes for egg dishes. And according to dishes, you can make recipes for increasing the number of eggs, for turning an ordinary egg into a large one, for rapid growth, and so on. Magazines would further increase the immersion in the game.

1 hour ago, KOT83 said:

And what about magazines?

It would be nice to tie them to the mechanics. For example, increase the randomness of various effects by 5% or make them recipes for egg dishes. And according to dishes, you can make recipes for increasing the number of eggs, for turning an ordinary egg into a large one, for rapid growth, and so on. Magazines would further increase the immersion in the game.

A few magazines are coming at some stage. I was planning to add simple capacity increasing benefits and bonuses to pregnancies, but we'll see when I get there.

Version 0.33 changes:

• Eggs spawn from the pelvis area before dropping on the ground.
  • Tentative standing idle “push” animation when an egg is coming out. Moving around and combat will prevent it from firing.
  • All Alien device stats should reset when stopping and restarting. Tweaked some of the names to correspond better with the egglaying mode they are connected. MCM option to have less information on the general statistics page. Hotkey for the Alien device.
  • Alien device lists species alphabetically. The change happens the first time loading save non-pregnant and not in labor. Note: The engine automatically converts strings “Bloatfly” to “bloatfly” and “Radroach” to “RadRoach”.
  • WDF integration: lactation start attempts happen during every pregnancy in case things have changed on that front.
  • New mode for egglaying: consuming a jelly item triggers random pregnancy that won’t repeat until another jelly item is consumed in fertile state.
  • Added jellies to wooden crates, news stands and raider leveled lists.
  • Tweaked growth spurt chances up for single egg pregnancies (70%).

The standing idle animation is connected to labor sounds and won't happen unless they are on. Popping in and out from 1st person seems to disable sounds/animation for the duration of the labor. Something that needs to be investigated to see if it's avoidable.

Not sure if that "bloatfly" thing is just my setup going haywire or if there really is some kind of infernal internal spell checker changing strings on a whim.

Next update should see some functions added to the Alien device and Mirelurk Hunter and King eggs separated. But not before a compulsory creative break. (Here's hoping there aren't too many issues with this release version..) 

Thank you all who have given feedback and improvement ideas, it's greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, SCRUBLORDPICKLE said:

Is the new Squatting/Egg Laying Animation triggering while talking with NPCs in Power Armor for anyone or is it just a problem on my end?

Ok, that power armour thing is just funny, thank you for letting me know. I'm going to add a check. I'm all for people giving birth armoured to the teeth if they so choose, but the bloody thing glitches so fantastically. Update coming soon.

Not sure what's causing it, but it feels harder to increase Egg Capacity in v0.33, plus there are times where my character is over their Ideal Capacity and after birth the capacity doesn't increase. I'm Over Ideal Capacity capacity here, and unless a growth spurt occurs or I swim around until I get fish eggs in there, the capacity won't increase; as it hasn't increased for almost a dozen pregnancies now. I'll edit this with the results; if capacity increases or stays the same.
Edit: Yep, Capacity Didn't Increase.

Spoiler

image.png.1f6438fa937baf872a8772a8057acc85.pngimage.png.28a77de2785738c3d50f12ac6d259afd.png

Spoiler added to shrink the size of post.

Edited by SCRUBLORDPICKLE
10 hours ago, SCRUBLORDPICKLE said:

Not sure what's causing it, but it feels harder to increase Egg Capacity in v0.33, plus there are times where my character is over their Ideal Capacity and after birth the capacity doesn't increase. 

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.1f6438fa937baf872a8772a8057acc85.pngimage.png.28a77de2785738c3d50f12ac6d259afd.png

Spoiler added to shrink the size of post.

Thanks for the quality bug reporting. The problem was easy to figure out thanks to the screenshot, simply a matter of order of things. A fix will be included in the next version.

14 hours ago, NCRRanger6971 said:

Are you planning on adding hatchable eggs?

WDF and Mojave Geckos already do that and I'm not sure I could add anything to it. Spawning tons of NPCs is bad for game performance. The system would had to be very limited and remove abandoned nests and hatchlings often. Although, I've to admit, it would be fun to come back to a nest and see all the mayhem hatchlings on a rampage can cause. 

Edit: The capacity problem should be fixed now. 

Edited by Alfakentauri
Update on the bug

I ahd it set to continous but then set it to manual.

but you dont really need to Jellys to set it off in "manual" since a misadventure with bloatsflies or which ever species triggers it.

That is very immersive.

The bloatfly eggs look suitable "yucky" for what they are suppsoed to be and I think that is proper.

The radroach eggs are too beautiful though for my taste considering what comes out of them :)

I love the idea of a new animation nd will down load this new version pronto. 

Just started a new game to test out the new version. :)

I like the idea with the nest a lot though I wish I could see the eggs.

- The tab "manual" is no longer there.

To me that was a real immersive way since she would get impregnanted when and only if, she had an adventure with the bugs.

Now I have it use continous last exposure (which I did in past sometimes too)

Except it doesnt seem to work properly:

- Even though I had no exposure to species a) except perhaps via the Star Jelly in the beginning ( no notification on species before or after consumption so I am guessing) and I have had only exposure to species b), its a mix of species a) and b) what comes out even though it should only be b), was that was the latest exposure.

The device/reader tells me both my previous pregnancies were species b) but most eggs were a).

I cant seem to get rid of species a)

I may have to revert to previous version. :(

PS: I also got double (parallel)  pregnancies for the first time, despite having the toggle switched to prevent this.

(via your eggpansion and family planning enhanced at same time) though of course mod comnflicts always happen so this is not really  a"bug" for eggspasion

Edited by katrina.balanchuk

Thank you for the jelly activation mode :D. Loving it a lot so far; gives me even more incentive to go out and explore.

One thing I noticed; when I was talking to a NPC they mentioned something along the lines of "there's a woman to the north" and something about giving birth to tree seeds iirc. I explored to most northern part of the map but never found anything, so IDK if it was just a line/rumor or if there's something to it. That specific line is so much different than the other lines that I thought it was hinting something.

9 hours ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

I like the idea with the nest a lot though I wish I could see the eggs.

- The tab "manual" is no longer there.

It's still the last option. It has been just renamed. It should be "No automatic egg cycles" to be more accurate. 

- Even though I had no exposure to species a) except perhaps via the Star Jelly in the beginning ( no notification on species before or after consumption so I am guessing) and I have had only exposure to species b), its a mix of species a) and b) what comes out even though it should only be b), was that was the latest exposure.

There might be some bugs to iron out, but also, the system can be a bit confusing. I changed things so that the first jelly gives all the things needed for all the modes to work. Egglaying mode exposures are sort of re-unlocks. This has been always the way it worked. The species list shows number of these re-unlocks now as "exposure levels" using asterisks. "Knowledge level" might be a better word for it. I'll change it to avoid confusion. 

PS: I also got double (parallel)  pregnancies for the first time, despite having the toggle switched to prevent this.

(via your eggpansion and family planning enhanced at same time) though of course mod comnflicts always happen so this is not really  a"bug" for eggspasion

Pregnancy prevention only works one way, when already pregnant by FPE(R). Again, there may be bugs, but I haven't changed anything in that part of the code lately. 

Edited by Alfakentauri
5 hours ago, Kendri said:

One thing I noticed; when I was talking to a NPC they mentioned something along the lines of "there's a woman to the north" and something about giving birth to tree seeds iirc. I explored to most northern part of the map but never found anything, so IDK if it was just a line/rumor or if there's something to it. That specific line is so much different than the other lines that I thought it was hinting something.

Currently, it's just some wastelander nonsense. A rumour. If NPCs and story quests ever happen, it'll be a separate thing. 

Ah, I was not tracking the mod updates, and it turns out v0.35 is already out? Still on v0.23, any thoughts on whether I can just update or if I need to start a new game? Actually, might be able to do a "clean" uninstallation and install the latest version?

4 hours ago, Ferpman said:

Ah, I was not tracking the mod updates, and it turns out v0.35 is already out? Still on v0.23, any thoughts on whether I can just update or if I need to start a new game? Actually, might be able to do a "clean" uninstallation and install the latest version?

There's an internal update process, so a new game shouldn't be necessary (if all goes well). Another safe option is to just stop and restart the mod, but that nukes all progression done so far.

So i've noticed two things on v0.35.
1) Nests occasionally spawn under you after birth despite having "Drop eggs on the ground: OFF" and "Automatic egg gathering after labor: Destination: Inventory" when you go into 3rd person, Alt-Tab, Press Escape, bring up your Pip-Boy, or similar actions.
2) I've ate 169 Star/Cosmic Jellies so far if the Strange Device is to be believed, and I have insect and non-lore-friendly egg additions enabled. Despite this I've managed to get absolutely no progress for Cave Crickets.

Spoiler

image.png.a358d119b703a428078cb80d5e55dc7f.pngimage.png.f90bdde7112b7eed834ff6c2a017bbec.png

Also, what do Exposure Levels do exactly? I've managed to pop out 207 Rad Chicken Eggs and only have a 3 star level, yet Deathclaws whom i've fought twice and had one egg of is at 4 stars.

Edited by SCRUBLORDPICKLE
Whoops forgot to add in 2nd image ?
5 hours ago, SCRUBLORDPICKLE said:

So i've noticed two things on v0.35.
1) Nests occasionally spawn under you after birth despite having "Drop eggs on the ground: OFF" and "Automatic egg gathering after labor: Destination: Inventory" when you go into 3rd person, Alt-Tab, Press Escape, bring up your Pip-Boy, or similar actions.
2) I've ate 169 Star/Cosmic Jellies so far if the Strange Device is to be believed, and I have insect and non-lore-friendly egg additions enabled. Despite this I've managed to get absolutely no progress for Cave Crickets.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.a358d119b703a428078cb80d5e55dc7f.pngimage.png.f90bdde7112b7eed834ff6c2a017bbec.png

Also, what do Exposure Levels do exactly? I've managed to pop out 207 Rad Chicken Eggs and only have a 3 star level, yet Deathclaws whom i've fought twice and had one egg of is at 4 stars.

1) That's actually coded in there on purpose. 10% chance if more than 30 pregnancies if I remember correctly. I'll probably remove the whole nest thing eventually. It happened as a gag when I was experimenting with something more useful (autoselling). 

2) Most likely it's missing from the goo list. I'll check. 

Exposure levels are just unlocks that happened again. Ideally, high exposure or huge amount of eggs would make the pregnancy perk associated to a species permanent, but the pip-boy spam would be too glorious. 

First of all, thank you for your awesome work. This mod is an amazing, funny and light-hearted addition to the quest of conquering the wasteland that always manages to make me chuckle when my character starts teabagging to pop out some eggs. Since I don´t like the zombie virus aproach of "you got ragdolled by a deathclaw, now you are knoked up" I play on the jellies only setting, however I would realy love a way to eliminate the random factor from that method. Maybe in the future you could implement that if you have 100% knowledge of a species, you can synthesise fertility enzymes from dna samples (lootable meat) to trigger specific pregnancies. That way you could specialize in breeding a hand full of species, which could adapt your body to produce larger and more valuable eggs of that type (higher drop chance for large eggs?) This could even be worked into the perk system, something like "Deathclaw incubator" +10% dropchance for large eggs for every level, maxing out at 50% (1 lvl every 20 pregnancies). This is basically the only thing that buggs me, not being able to choose what type of egg you want to breed. If you could implement something like that, maybe even just race specific jellies, it would make this mod so much more fun for me. Regardless of the decision you are going to make on this mater, I hope you keep up the great work!

4 hours ago, theuglyamerican said:

Where does the ESP file need to go? I installed the mod with Vortex, which put the ESP in the Data folder. The MCM said the ESP wasn't found. I copied and pasted it over to the top level Fallout 4 folder because that's where Vortex installed Start Me Up's ESP, but the MCM still can't find it.

Sorry, I've no idea how to troubleshoot Vortex issues. Sounds like for some reason Vortex isn't enabling the esp in your load order?