1 hour ago, djmoose said:

Also saw something about alien squid eggs? Where do I get those? 

Alien squid eggs get eventually unlocked after consuming a lot of jellies. Some of the recipes require alien cells and there's no way to get more of them (unless certain mods are installed), so the squid eggs act as a replacement for the cells.

Would it at all be possible to make the little messages that pop up in the top left corner stick around longer? They appear and disappear so quickly I don't have any time to read more than the first couple of words. If I see those messages pop up I usually have to quickly skim over it and get a vague idea of what it was saying. I definitely enjoy them, just wish I could actually read them lol.

4 hours ago, NovaGamer1998 said:

Would it at all be possible to make the little messages that pop up in the top left corner stick around longer? They appear and disappear so quickly I don't have any time to read more than the first couple of words. If I see those messages pop up I usually have to quickly skim over it and get a vague idea of what it was saying. I definitely enjoy them, just wish I could actually read them lol.

Yeah, this is just one of the reasons why notifications suck and I've been considering other solutions like giving a spooky voice to the device or simply making a list of the latest messages that you could pull up using the device thingy.

In any case, there's something that can help with the issue right now: FallUI. If you are already using FallUI, see its settings for messages. Messages can be cached and several showed at the same time. More importantly, the amount of time a notification stays visible can doubled. Not sure about other UI mods, but they might have something similar.

On 7/16/2023 at 10:57 PM, Alfakentauri said:

I've been thinking about something like this, but it would mean a ton of potions and recipes. Geckos have five different egg types, for example.

Maybe an Intermediate step in productions to smooth out recipes? Something along the lines of a junk type that you can craft at a cooking station from eggs, which are then used in the potion recipes so that you don't require 4 different recipes for one potion (instead only two to account for Wild and Regular fruit variants)
"Common Egg Whites" made from RadChicken, Mirelurks, and Gecko Eggs
"Uncommon" "Rare" "Insectoid" "Aquatic" and so on; with your flavor of balance to wrap up the whole thing/however you decide to handle it.
Might make future added recipes easier to implement... or could be yet another thing you have to account for when making future content; prolonging everything.

Edited by SCRUBLORDPICKLE
typos because my Texan Education is actively working against me.

Woah, weird bug. Hopefully it's reproduceable/not produced by Bethesda barely held together game engine (inb4 fallout 4 just doesn't like it when perks overlap in effects or some equally stupid stuff).
I got the Mirelurk King and Fish Pregnancy Perk, both of which give Underwater Breathing, but I still take damage after swimming underwater for a while.

Spoiler

image.png.098e9454302044b84bf821780596a914.png

Edited by SCRUBLORDPICKLE
Typo
5 hours ago, SCRUBLORDPICKLE said:

Woah, weird bug. Hopefully it's reproduceable/not produced by Bethesda barely held together game engine (inb4 fallout 4 just doesn't like it when perks overlap in effects or some equally stupid stuff).

Looks like that's something on my end. The spell isn't applied properly, but even when it is, it won't work, Thanks for letting me know, I'll see if there a reasonable way to fix it.

6 hours ago, SCRUBLORDPICKLE said:

"Uncommon" "Rare" "Insectoid" "Aquatic" and so on; with your flavor of balance to wrap up the whole thing/however you decide to handle it.
Might make future added recipes easier to implement... or could be yet another thing you have to account for when making future content; prolonging everything.

There are plenty of ways to do it better, but that's version 1.0 territory that would require a new game. 1.0 is also the "prolonging" bit in this, but as things are now, I don't think 1.0 will happen. Starfield is almost here and I'm so ready to move onto something else. Just throwing some bottles to chem dealers is an option, at least for the species that do something interesting: Bloatfly, Mantis, Night stalker..

11 hours ago, Alfakentauri said:

I don't think 1.0 will happen.

That's a little saddening to hear. I want nothing more than to see this mod grow and develop, as the work you've done on it is honestly 10/10 and I consider it the single best pregnancy themed mod for Fallout 4, surpassing even it's predecessors in Skyrim; Soul Gem Oven and EggFactory, but if you're feeling burnout or a general desire to work on something else by all means do it. I didn't even realize, up until now, you were thinking that the mod would be complete with version 1.0, thinking back on it i've seen this mod in a complete state since version 0.40; with everything else you've added as Icing on the Cake.

I can't wait to see what this mod becomes, and even if it never reaches v1.0 you've still got one diehard fan for you mod, and probably plenty more just none so vocal as this idiot who's rewritten this message FIVE times now because I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get the message across without it sounding wrong in my mind/on screen.

2 hours ago, vranina said:

Sorry for the stupid question. Can you recommend how to combine this mod with family planning enchantle so they don't interfere with each other.

That's actually a very good question. Using morphs is the thing these three mods have in common. As far as I know, there shouldn't be any other sources of conflicts. I'm talking about the technical side of things. Obviously, running two pregnancies simultaneously and having an open-door policy womb can be pretty immersion-breaking.

By default (Eggspansion's MCM setting), no new egg pregnancies will start if a FPE pregnancy is detected. However, nothing will stop FPE from starting new pregnancies during an egg pregnancy. It might not be a problem, since egg pregnancies are fast and FPE pregnancies are slow. If using the default settings for both mods, that is. 

It seems that at some stage (3-4 months?) FPE reads slider values from outside its own keyword space and decides that's the normal state for the player/npc. That means, if another mod uses the same slider name(s), but removes them later on, FPE keeps applying those removed values from the other mod(s) during rest of that FPE pregnancy. 

Summa summarum: make sure you don't have morphs applied from other mods when FPE hits the "showing" stage of a pregnancy. The easiest realistic solution would be to not use these mods at the same time or just to ignore the whole glorious mess and enjoy whatever happens.

Now on a specific issue. I don't use any other mod that changes morphs except FPE. I think I will go through the mess of two pregnancies at the same time). I saw that fellow travelers have quite a few comments. When will they apply? When they and the egg heroine are pregnant?
I mean, I have to include "double pregnancy" in this mod, get them pregnant with eggs and I'll see comments. Am I reasoning correctly?

2 hours ago, vranina said:

I saw that fellow travelers have quite a few comments. When will they apply? When they and the egg heroine are pregnant?
I mean, I have to include "double pregnancy" in this mod, get them pregnant with eggs and I'll see comments. Am I reasoning correctly?

The comments are mostly event based: labor starts, an egg drops or a jelly is consumed. When a pregnancy progresses, random comments regarding belly size (and other things) have a chance to trigger. There's a MCM setting for how often those pregnancy progress comments should happen.

Only some of the companions have things to say. Curie and Piper notice both the player's and their own condition. Cait has less things to say in general, but acknowledges her own pregnancy as well as the player's. Cait, Curie, Deacon and Piper have things to say when you try to give them jellies to consume. Strong says some simple things. It's been a slow process adding these.

Still enjoying this mod, but I've got more questions:

-How do I get rid of that awful DORMANT status on NPCs? (Srsly, y u do dis?!)

-While I haven't been paying too much attention, it looks like that Ideal Egg Capacity doesn't mean much for the number of eggs at the start of a pregnancy. If that's the case, is there any point in raising it? (I end up using lots of Growth Concoctions.)

-When using Growth Concoctions, it sometimes ends up doing nothing other than damaging me. This has been noted with certain species, especially with bigger eggs. Is this intended?

-The maximum size for "Morphs that inflate during pregnancy and deflate during labor" seem to cap at 15 Weight, leaving with no further size increases after that. (Which, for freaks like me who like to go 4 times that, is odd to see.) Is this intended? If so, could this be altered in a future update, such as a seperate slider for "extended" sizes?

Also found two bugs:

-I can't select either the Alien Worm or Hermit Crab for the "Select override species." When I select it, it just goes back to the Device's main menu without updating the override species.

-When I select Alien Squid, it sets the override to Alien Worm.

I saw that you don't plan on doing much work on this in the future, which gives me the big sad, but it is what it is. Thank you again for your time and wonderful work on this.

5 minutes ago, CertifiedDumb said:

-How do I get rid of that awful DORMANT status on NPCs? (Srsly, y u do dis?!)

-While I haven't been paying too much attention, it looks like that Ideal Egg Capacity doesn't mean much for the number of eggs at the start of a pregnancy. If that's the case, is there any point in raising it? (I end up using lots of Growth Concoctions.)

-When using Growth Concoctions, it sometimes ends up doing nothing other than damaging me. This has been noted with certain species, especially with bigger eggs. Is this intended?

-The maximum size for "Morphs that inflate during pregnancy and deflate during labor" seem to cap at 15 Weight, leaving with no further size increases after that. (Which, for freaks like me who like to go 4 times that, is odd to see.) Is this intended? If so, could this be altered in a future update, such as a seperate slider for "extended" sizes?

Also found two bugs:

-I can't select either the Alien Worm or Hermit Crab for the "Select override species." When I select it, it just goes back to the Device's main menu without updating the override species.

-When I select Alien Squid, it sets the override to Alien Worm.

The dormant thing happens when npcs are tricked with jellied food items and should stop happening after 10 pregnancies. Fixable by putting a growth concoction into the npc's inventory or just by using the device on the offending npc and selecting "resume egg production" option.

Ideal egg capacity can be bypassed with concoctions, but it will still have an effect on how many eggs you'll have at the beginning. If you have 4 iguana eggs at the start, 4 big iguana eggs is all what you get out of it, no matter how many concoctions get used. However, some eggs don't have bigger versions, so they keep multiplying until the max is reached (128). 

I'm not sure where that 15 comes from, I guess max cap 10 used together with multiplier 1,5? I've nothing against full length freight trains, I just don't know how belly morphs behave when they get that extreme (or if they work at all). Worth an investigation, I guess.

Thank you for the bug report! Looks like there's a species list that hasn't been updated properly. Fixing bugs continues - I'm just not adding anything new.

After having tried FPE and WDF for a little while, I decided that they were just not quite what I was looking for - good mods with a lot of good features, but just not the right fit for me.  In Skyrim I always liked Soul Gem Oven 3; easy to use, and gives something useful at the end of the pregnancy.  So it's good timing that you dropped an update today as I'm setting up a new load order.

I downloaded and installed it and tested it a little bit on a throwaway game, and have a couple of questions.

My main question is, I play a male character and have no interest in my character getting pregnant, or getting the pregnancy perks for myself (I didn't actually think to look to see if I had any during my test).  Is there any way to turn this off for all males, or turn it off for just the PC?  I'm only looking to get companions pregnant.  I left the body morph set to "none selected" for the PC, but didn't notice anything besides that in the MCM.

Probably better to reserve my other questions for the moment and see if I can figure them out on my own first.

Thank you!

6 hours ago, travelmedic said:

My main question is, I play a male character and have no interest in my character getting pregnant, or getting the pregnancy perks for myself (I didn't actually think to look to see if I had any during my test).  Is there any way to turn this off for all males, or turn it off for just the PC?  I'm only looking to get companions pregnant.  I left the body morph set to "none selected" for the PC, but didn't notice anything besides that in the MCM.

For preventing the player character from getting knocked up, set egg-laying mode to "No new pregnancies", option found on MCM/General Settings page. NPCs have their own mode settings.

7 hours ago, Alfakentauri said:

For preventing the player character from getting knocked up, set egg-laying mode to "No new pregnancies", option found on MCM/General Settings page. NPCs have their own mode settings.

Excellent, thank you!  Obviously I missed that...

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Slootie said:

Is there any chance you will make a basic tutorial/mod mechanic FAQ on the mod page? It is a tad annoying going through all your posts here to figure out if my abysmal jelly spawn rates are intentional or some sort of bug.

Always found the jelly drop rate to be pretty decent

On 8/7/2023 at 10:05 PM, Slootie said:

Is there any chance you will make a basic tutorial/mod mechanic FAQ on the mod page? It is a tad annoying going through all your posts here to figure out if my abysmal jelly spawn rates are intentional or some sort of bug.

Are you using a mod that tweaks item spawn rates around the world? Scarcity mods and the fact that areas need to be newly discovered can have a huge effect on the (perceived) spawn rates.