20 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I hadn't had time to try to replicate the problems you reported with that, but should hopefully get to it soon. Chances are whatever you observed before will still happen.

It could be that the issue is on my end; or it's something else. Either way, only one way to tell - I'll let you know when (if) my Lara becomes Obese.

From what I gather, your roadmap regarding UC is very well planned - so I'll leave you to it. If you ever need someone to test things out, or run out of ideas, don't hesitate to contact me as I'd be glad to help!

Take care and keep up the great work! And thanks again for regular QOL updates, it's so nice to see how UC evolved over the past 2 months! Can't wait for future releases!

On 1/22/2023 at 3:11 PM, rubber_duck said:

Did you manage to fix the issue with Portly Pacifist? I had it turned off as I experienced the issue of not being able to fight/use VATS when Obese rather than Obscenely Obese. After updating to v1.5.0 I switched that feature to ON, so I'll mess around a bit and see whether the issue is still present.

Good news! I found the bug. It was a simple case of a missing conditional check for the body fat level being high enough. I'll have 1.5.1 uploaded with the fix for it this weekend, hopefully.

On 1/10/2023 at 9:03 PM, rubber_duck said:

If I get obese whilst holding the weapon, I cannot put it down (holster it).

Oh, also just to be clear, I was unable to replicate this specific problem. If I have a weapon drawn (melee or projectile) and increase fat past 0.9, within a few seconds the combat restriction kicks in and my weapon is holstered/sheathed. I tried it repeatedly, so not sure how to recreate the conditions under which you observed it. If it happens again, please let me know some more details about the circumstances. Also, an easy way to test it is to raise your weapon and then in the console run this command:

cqf uc_main modbodyfat 1

That should force you to maximum fat, and within a few seconds the combat restriction should kick in (unless you have The Portly Pacifist disabled in MCM still).

1.5.1 (2023-01-28)

• Fixed a missing conditional in Portly Pacifist which was causing combat blocking to remain when body fat fell below the required threshold again
  • Added a UC:EventManager.DoneLoading custom event which other mods can register for in order to know when to re-add entries to formlists
  • Added a UC:Util.ExtendList global function to ease integration for mods which want to dynamically add items to the UC formlists (so far only the FatGainItems list is supported)
  • Added a UC:Util.GetFat global function for mods which want to read the current body fat value

Hey first of all I really like this mod I think it's great and first time ever posting here so idk if I'm doing this right.

But I've been having an issue with my body randomly reverting to the base sliders. It's only the body, the clothes keep their shape and when I remove the clothes and put them back on it fixes the body.

I'm really not sure what's causing the issue, I've tried restarting/reinstalling rad morphs and UC, looksmenu, fusiongirl and it's skeleton, but nothing seems to be working. I took a screenshot in case my description doesn't make since

Spoiler

ScreenShot2.thumb.png.17a3d18d0dec280041b85dc79f986648.png

9 hours ago, Maz728 said:

Hey first of all I really like this mod I think it's great and first time ever posting here so idk if I'm doing this right.

Thanks! And yes, you're posting just fine. :face_pig:

9 hours ago, Maz728 said:

But I've been having an issue with my body randomly reverting to the base sliders. It's only the body, the clothes keep their shape and when I remove the clothes and put them back on it fixes the body.

I'm really not sure what's causing the issue, I've tried restarting/reinstalling rad morphs and UC, looksmenu, fusiongirl and it's skeleton, but nothing seems to be working. I took a screenshot in case my description doesn't make since

It sounds like a lower-level issue with LooksMenu's BodyGen API, which Rad Morphing Redux uses to apply changes to your body shape. I've seen the exact same symptom occasionally affect NPCs, though not very often, and I haven't myself observed it happening with the player body. You might want to check for obvious errors in LooksMenu's f4ee.log (not to be confused with f4se.log but they're in the same directory). Also, if you're not using the latest version of LooksMenu, try upgrading it and see if the problem is gone or at least less frequent.

I really have no idea what causes it, but suspect it may be the presence of multiple keyword morphs from different mods not always being correctly rendered by LooksMenu. There were some fixes related to that in the latest LM version so it's possible it might help. When I've seen it on NPCs, it's typically been a follower and it'll suddenly happen when going between interior and exterior cells or on game load, and then disappear again on the next cell change or reload (sort of like the intermittent rusty face bug sometimes can). How heavily loaded the game/system is might also play a part in whether it occurs, I'm not entirely sure.

Question, I know you can add other consumable items to the text files to also count as junk food/food in general, but is it also possible to make it count for things that aren't classified as food, such as in the Fallout Vore mod, making it so NPC's that are eaten to count as food/junk food, or even a way to make them only count as junk food if above a certain hunger threshold?

I tried taking a look at the mod to see how it handled the actors when they died, but couldn't figure anything out beyond that the script just turns them invisible and then has them follow you until either they die or the timer runs out.

Sorry if this is a question more for the other mod, but I'm not sure anyone is actively working on it anymore, and since FG sliders don't work with it out of the box, I figured a possible compromise would be to see if this mod could be triggered by whatever the script in the other mod does, to allow for body fat/boobs/butt/etc sliders to be triggered in UC.

Edited by Ochibluu
5 minutes ago, Ochibluu said:

Question, I know you can add other consumable items to the text files to also count as junk food/food in general, but is it also possible to make it count for things that aren't classified as food, such as in the Fallout Vore mod, making it so NPC's that are eaten to count as food/junk food, or even a way to make them only count as junk food if above a certain hunger threshold?

I tried taking a look at the mod to see how it handled the actors when they died, but couldn't figure anything out beyond that the script just turns them invisible and then has them follow you until either they die or the timer runs out.

Sorry if this is a question more for the other mod, but I'm not sure anyone is actively working on it anymore, and since FG sliders don't work with it out of the box, I figured a possible compromise would be to see if this mod could be triggered by whatever the script in the other mod does, to allow for body fat/boobs/butt/etc sliders to be triggered in UC.

Looking at Fallout Vore v3.1 beta 0.4, it's a maze of complex Papyrus scripts. Probably a better option would be for someone who uses FV to create a dedicated RMR plugin that would scale the morph value based on specific events involved in eating, regurgitating, and so on. There might be Potion or MagicEffect or Perk forms from FV that UC could treat as fat gain/loss indicators, but it wouldn't do a very good job of reflecting the player's actual state as far as FV is concerned.

58 minutes ago, Ochibluu said:

I figured that was probably the case, thank you very much for taking a look though!

If it helps, it does seem at first glance that Fallout Vore would benefit from having an RMR plugin as an easy alternative to interfacing directly with LooksMenu/BodyGen APIs, and then it would gain all the flexibility RMR offers as far as user choice of sliders, body and so on. It would need someone who actually uses and understands FV to determine what would really be involved in making it though.

Edited by vaultbait
32 minutes ago, tsnootch said:

I really wanna try this mod.  Does anyone know if it conflicts with Horizon at all?

I've never played Horizon, but UC is designed not to conflict with most stuff. It doesn't alter base game forms, and all its decisions about which ingestibles, keywords, magic effects, perks, and furniture have an impact on fat gain or loss are determined through text files you can edit to accommodate pretty much any mod-added forms.

Edit: One place where it might have a sort of soft conflict is if Horizon drastically alters the value or weight of food items. UC currently has hard-coded constants multiplied against those to determine how much fat you should gain from consuming a portion of any food items which aren't in the junk food or fat gain/loss (chem) lists, but I intend to make that configurable in the future.

Edited by vaultbait
On 2/6/2023 at 8:18 PM, vaultbait said:

I've never played Horizon, but UC is designed not to conflict with most stuff. It doesn't alter base game forms, and all its decisions about which ingestibles, keywords, magic effects, perks, and furniture have an impact on fat gain or loss are determined through text files you can edit to accommodate pretty much any mod-added forms.

Edit: One place where it might have a sort of soft conflict is if Horizon drastically alters the value or weight of food items. UC currently has hard-coded constants multiplied against those to determine how much fat you should gain from consuming a portion of any food items which aren't in the junk food or fat gain/loss (chem) lists, but I intend to make that configurable in the future.

Thank you for the reply. 

Horizon builds off the vanilla survival mode by a lot, and among many tweaks, adds fair amount food items/recipes and tweaks the value of vanilla food items (I think...I don't play vanilla so I can't remember if there are major differences).  The best food items in Horizon can range in value from 150-300) and are the most filling (I assume the same in survival).   For example, a Mirelurk queen steak recipe is like 210 in value and fills up 210 hunger.  Base food items like crisps or other found food items in the world are very low in value in Horizon.

Also, in Horizon mod, food no longer heals the character, but still adds some buffs.  It's an amazing mod that does a lot of things with just a few .esp's.

Again, thanks for the reply and the mod.  I will be using it soon and doing tests to see how it works.

Edit:  I reread your reply and noticed you said we could add items from other mods.  So, if I want to add some Horizon foods to, let's say, the weight loss category,  I just add the items to the items.txt for fat loss?  After looking at the Horizon esp's in FO4Edit, it seems Horizon greatly adjusts many food items.

Edited by tsnootch
46 minutes ago, tsnootch said:

Thank you for the reply. 

Horizon builds off the vanilla survival mode by a lot, and among many tweaks, adds fair amount food items/recipes and tweaks the value of vanilla food items (I think...I don't play vanilla so I can't remember if there are major differences).  The best food items in Horizon can range in value from 150-300) and are the most filling (I assume the same in survival).   For example, a Mirelurk queen steak recipe is like 210 in value and fills up 210 hunger.  Base food items like crisps or other found food items in the world are very low in value in Horizon.

Also, in Horizon mod, food no longer heals the character, but still adds some buffs.  It's an amazing mod that does a lot of things with just a few .esp's.

Again, thanks for the reply and the mod.  I will be using it soon and doing tests to see how it works.

Edit:  I reread your reply and noticed you said we could add items from other mods.  So, if I want to add some Horizon foods to, let's say, the weight loss category,  I just add the items to the items.txt for fat loss?  After looking at the Horizon esp's in FO4Edit, it seems Horizon greatly adjusts many food items.

At the moment, "normal" food has its fat gain amount calculated as 0.05% * weight * value (though if weight or value is 0 they're effectively treated as 1 for purposes of the formula). Any consumable with a keyword listed in the FoodKeywords.txt file is treated as "normal" food. By default that file only contains the "ObjectTypeFood" (0x055ECC) keyword from the base game's master plugin (Fallout4.esm), but you can add the IDs of any other keywords if Horizon's food doesn't have that keyword applied to it.

Keep in mind that the "normal" food keyword will only be checked if the item doesn't match one of the criteria in the FatGain*.txt, FatLoss*.txt or JunkFood*.txt files. There are also debug notifications you can turn on to find out what a given consumable is being treated as when you use it, and what fat amount it added or subtracted.

I intend to make that 0.05% constant adjustable in MCM, in case you're using a mod which makes food items significantly more or less expensive or heavy. To take some examples from the base game, Carrot has a weight of 0.1 and a value of 3 making its fat gain 0.015%, while Gourd has a weight of 1 and a value of 6 making its fat gain 0.3%, and Grilled Radstag has a weight of 1 and a value of 60 giving it a fat gain of 3%. Anything matching the fat gain lists on the other hand nets you a flat 3% fat addition (mainly booze and certain chems), things in the junk food lists are a flat 2% gain but also come with some addictive side effects (this would be packaged pre-war food and soda type beverages, as well as a few baked goods and candies like sweet rolls, pie, gumdrops, buzzbites), while things in the fat loss list subtract a flat 1% fat (some chems other and also things like purified water and bubblegum by default).

Edited by vaultbait
12 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

At the moment, "normal" food has its fat gain amount calculated as 0.05% * weight * value (though if weight or value is 0 they're effectively treated as 1 for purposes of the formula). Any consumable with a keyword listed in the FoodKeywords.txt file is treated as "normal" food. By default that file only contains the "ObjectTypeFood" (0x055ECC) keyword from the base game's master plugin (Fallout4.esm), but you can add the IDs of any other keywords if Horizon's food doesn't have that keyword applied to it.

Keep in mind that the "normal" food keyword will only be checked if the item doesn't match one of the criteria in the FatGain*.txt, FatLoss*.txt or JunkFood*.txt files. There are also debug notifications you can turn on to find out what a given consumable is being treated as when you use it, and what fat amount it added or subtracted.

I intend to make that 0.05% constant adjustable in MCM, in case you're using a mod which makes food items significantly more or less expensive or heavy. To take some examples from the base game, Carrot has a weight of 0.1 and a value of 3 making its fat gain 0.015%, while Gourd has a weight of 1 and a value of 6 making its fat gain 0.3%, and Grilled Radstag has a weight of 1 and a value of 60 giving it a fat gain of 3%. Anything matching the fat gain lists on the other hand nets you a flat 3% fat addition (mainly booze and certain chems), things in the junk food lists are a flat 2% gain but also come with some addictive side effects (this would be packaged pre-war food and soda type beverages, as well as a few baked goods and candies like sweet rolls, pie, gumdrops, buzzbites), while things in the fat loss list subtract a flat 1% fat (some chems other and also things like purified water and bubblegum by default).

Thank you very much for all that insight.  I'll get to testing with debug messages on and report back what I find, for the aide of anyone else using Horizon.

17 minutes ago, tsnootch said:

Thank you very much for all that insight.  I'll get to testing with debug messages on and report back what I find, for the aide of anyone else using Horizon.

If you find that Horizon's added food items or any vanilla food items it patches are causing significant fat gain (that would be in excess of the fat gain items flat 3% increase), I'll up the priority on making MCM sliders for the various constants around consumption, metabolism, exercise activities and so on. Like I said, I intended to do it eventually, but I'm juggling development on another larger mod I haven't released yet and trying to prioritize my time. I gather Horizon's pretty popular though, so I'm happy to push something out to accommodate you and other users of it. I have at least one pending bug fix I need to release for this anyway, but it's fairly minor so I was waiting until there was other work to bundle it along with.

7 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

If you find that Horizon's added food items or any vanilla food items it patches are causing significant fat gain (that would be in excess of the fat gain items flat 3% increase), I'll up the priority on making MCM sliders for the various constants around consumption, metabolism, exercise activities and so on. Like I said, I intended to do it eventually, but I'm juggling development on another larger mod I haven't released yet and trying to prioritize my time. I gather Horizon's pretty popular though, so I'm happy to push something out to accommodate you and other users of it. I have at least one pending bug fix I need to release for this anyway, but it's fairly minor so I was waiting until there was other work to bundle it along with.

Cool beans, thanks, but no need to rush anything for me.

I was just looking through FO4Edit at Horizon's main .esp.  One example of a difference between it and vanilla FO4 is Mole Rat Stew.  Horizon doubles its weight from 0.5 to 1.0 and increases its value from 8 to 48, and adds some keywords to it (HC_SustenanceType_QuenchesThirst [KYWD:00000884] and ObjectTypeFoodClean [KYWD:01002C6E]) in addition to ObjectTypeFood.  That quench thirst keyword is attached to any food recipe that require purified water it seems.  Some food recipes that involved rarer items for the recipe also have the keyword ObjectTypeFoodLarge.

Anyways, this theme is generally consistent across most food items in Horizon.  Horizon mod author seems to place a high priority of the value of an item on how hard it is to get the ingredients.  Rarer cooked items are worth a lot more than in vanilla in most cases, and easier to cook recipes are often worth less in value, some are the same, and pre war food is generally the same as vanilla or weaker, and many cheap food items add rads, while better foods add cool buffs and such.  But no foods effect health, horizon uses med items for that which is pretty cool.

I assume as long as just one of the keywords for any given item is at least ObjectTypeFood, it will be checked by your mod.  After looking at that mod in FO4Edit, the keyword ObjectTypeFood seems to be still attached to all Horizon food items in the Z_Horizon.esp.

Even after all these years modding Bethesda games, I am still such a rookie and all your insight has been very helpful.

23 minutes ago, tsnootch said:

Cool beans, thanks, but no need to rush anything for me.

I was just looking through FO4Edit at Horizon's main .esp.  One example of a difference between it and vanilla FO4 is Mole Rat Stew.  Horizon doubles its weight from 0.5 to 1.0 and increases its value from 8 to 48, and adds some keywords to it (HC_SustenanceType_QuenchesThirst [KYWD:00000884] and ObjectTypeFoodClean [KYWD:01002C6E]) in addition to ObjectTypeFood.  That quench thirst keyword is attached to any food recipe that require purified water it seems.  Some food recipes that involved rarer items for the recipe also have the keyword ObjectTypeFoodLarge.

Anyways, this theme is generally consistent across most food items in Horizon.  Horizon mod author seems to place a high priority of the value of an item on how hard it is to get the ingredients.  Rarer cooked items are worth a lot more than in vanilla in most cases, and easier to cook recipes are often worth less in value, some are the same, and pre war food is generally the same as vanilla or weaker, and many cheap food items add rads, while better foods add cool buffs and such.  But no foods effect health, horizon uses med items for that which is pretty cool.

I assume as long as just one of the keywords for any given item is at least ObjectTypeFood, it will be checked by your mod.  After looking at that mod in FO4Edit, the keyword ObjectTypeFood seems to be still attached to all Horizon food items in the Z_Horizon.esp.

Even after all these years modding Bethesda games, I am still such a rookie and all your insight has been very helpful.

This sounds like it will basically work fine with UC, but you're going to get fat really quickly by eating normal food. It won't be detrimental to the function of the mod, but it's definitely going to be heavily imbalanced unless you end up starving yourself a lot and being extremely active (sprinting, jumping, swimming, being overencumbered, not using power armor...). Spamming weight loss chems like Jet, Mentats or Psycho, or things like purified water, bubblegum and mushrooms will also help keep it in check.

But I'll see if I have time this weekend to make most of the currently hard-coded constants adjustable. Thanks for testing, and for all the additional info about Horizon's inner workings!

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

This sounds like it will basically work fine with UC, but you're going to get fat really quickly by eating normal food. It won't be detrimental to the function of the mod, but it's definitely going to be heavily imbalanced unless you end up starving yourself a lot and being extremely active (sprinting, jumping, swimming, being overencumbered, not using power armor...). Spamming weight loss chems like Jet, Mentats or Psycho, or things like purified water, bubblegum and mushrooms will also help keep it in check.

But I'll see if I have time this weekend to make most of the currently hard-coded constants adjustable. Thanks for testing, and for all the additional info about Horizon's inner workings!

Well, I hadn't even thought about the running/sprinting fat loss part of this equation.  Horizon fast travel and time scale are different.  You can only fast travel between Settlements with a build-able device called Caravan Travel Hub and it costs resources to use and time moves differently.  So, basically you run everywhere in Horizon (perfect for an adult playthrough and a character with good ass physics) so I'm hoping when I test your mod this evening that any drastic changes in food items that Horizon makes will be offset by all that running.  Even more, Horizon adds these sorts of ambushes on a variable loop, and since it is much more difficult to win fights in Horizon for various reasons, you often have to retreat just to survive.  Sounds like your mod might be a perfect companion to Horizon in a lot of ways.

Edited by tsnootch
10 hours ago, tsnootch said:

Well, I hadn't even thought about the running/sprinting fat loss part of this equation.  Horizon fast travel and time scale are different.  You can only fast travel between Settlements with a build-able device called Caravan Travel Hub and it costs resources to use and time moves differently.  So, basically you run everywhere in Horizon (perfect for an adult playthrough and a character with good ass physics) so I'm hoping when I test your mod this evening that any drastic changes in food items that Horizon makes will be offset by all that running.  Even more, Horizon adds these sorts of ambushes on a variable loop, and since it is much more difficult to win fights in Horizon for various reasons, you often have to retreat just to survive.  Sounds like your mod might be a perfect companion to Horizon in a lot of ways.

Oh, yes combat also counts as exercise (as do AAF sex scenes, so maybe Violate will turn a failure to retreat into a bit of exercise as well!).

Edit: However, you mentioned timescale changes. Depending on how drastic they are, that may also impact metabolic fat loss. That occurs through a StartTimerGameTime() loop so if game time moves faster or slower that could change how quickly or slowly you burn fat too. Duration-based exercise and metabolism both rely on game time at least, not real time, so they shouldn't end up imbalanced relative to each other, but the current tuning (what will be the default tuning once I expose some scaling constants in MCM) has been carefully adjusted for vanilla game time and consumables, so you may discover a playability imbalance between those. Hopefully testing will tell us more. Thanks again!

Edited by vaultbait
On 2/10/2023 at 8:41 AM, vaultbait said:

Oh, yes combat also counts as exercise (as do AAF sex scenes, so maybe Violate will turn a failure to retreat into a bit of exercise as well!).

Edit: However, you mentioned timescale changes. Depending on how drastic they are, that may also impact metabolic fat loss. That occurs through a StartTimerGameTime() loop so if game time moves faster or slower that could change how quickly or slowly you burn fat too. Duration-based exercise and metabolism both rely on game time at least, not real time, so they shouldn't end up imbalanced relative to each other, but the current tuning (what will be the default tuning once I expose some scaling constants in MCM) has been carefully adjusted for vanilla game time and consumables, so you may discover a playability imbalance between those. Hopefully testing will tell us more. Thanks again!

After about 8 hours of testing this with Horizon, it seems there are no bad or noticeable conflicts.  Every Horizon feature seems to still work just fine with your mod and Rad Morph Redux.

Fyi, my timescale is set to 8.

My observations using your mod with Horizon are:

1.  It was easy to burn off fat and unless I intentionally gorged my character for no reason, it was really hard to put on enough body fat % to outpace how much my character was burning off so, bearing in mind again that with regular fast travel disabled for Horizon, you do a lot of running and sprinting.  So, that means that I basically would never see my character get fat unless just wasted lots of food, which in Horizon (survival mod) is punishing since resources are scarce.

2.  I had trouble figuring out how to get my character's Fusion Girl BodyFat morph to make any visible difference until my body fat % reached something like 60+%.  Is there some settings I can tweak to make the body fat visual morph more gradual starting even at only something like 10% body fat, so that it's a slow build up to being super fat and a slow reduction back down to my normal weight?  I set the target to 300, the lower threshold to 0, and the upper threshold to 100 like you suggested.  Should I adjust those to something else?  My character is already a more than thicc girl.

3.  Very odd thing with Rad Morphing Redux mod was that if I set the FusionGirl BodyFat trigger to update "Immediately," whenever my character jumped with a weapon in her hand, there was this tiny, tiny bit of lag/screentear/hitching as she jumped that was very noticeable and jarring, sort of a frame was being skipped.  If she had no weapon in her hand but was standing still, the hitching also occured mid jump.  If I had no weapon equipped and jumped while moving, no hitching.  I tested this for about 2 hours non stop to make sure I wasn't going crazy, and if I set it to update "Periodically" there was no hitching when jumping with a weapon in my hand and all character movement was back to smooth as usual.  I know that all sounds crazy, but thought I'd mention it to see if anyone else had that.

Wishlist:  the ability to set the rate at which fat burns and have a separate option to set the rate of calorie gain.  In my situation, that would let me set the fat burn rate much lower and the calorie gain rate much higher to offset for all the running I do with no fast traveling, which would then allow me to regularly see my character gain and lose weight.  As it stands right now, my character never retains enough body fat % to show any visual weight gain in normal play.

Hope some of this helps.  I love the mod, thanks for it!

15 minutes ago, tsnootch said:

1.  It was easy to burn off fat and unless I intentionally gorged my character for no reason, it was really hard to put on enough body fat % to outpace how much my character was burning off so, bearing in mind again that with regular fast travel disabled for Horizon, you do a lot of running and sprinting.  So, that means that I basically would never see my character get fat unless just wasted lots of food, which in Horizon (survival mod) is punishing since resources are scarce.

Depending on your expectations, this might be right inline with a Horizon playthrough, since it sounds like scarcity of supplies would lead to most people being rail thin if they didn't flat out starve to death. That said, I get it means very little of the mod's features end up coming into play, since gluttony is one of the underlying themes of UC and for the moment there aren't a lot of incentives or other mechanics that compel you to waste food. I have at least a few planned, mostly drawbacks and withdrawal symptoms of the junk food addiction system.

2.  I had trouble figuring out how to get my character's Fusion Girl BodyFat morph to make any visible difference until my body fat % reached something like 60+%.  Is there some settings I can tweak to make the body fat visual morph more gradual starting even at only something like 10% body fat, so that it's a slow build up to being super fat and a slow reduction back down to my normal weight?  I set the target to 300, the lower threshold to 0, and the upper threshold to 100 like you suggested.  Should I adjust those to something else?  My character is already a more than thicc girl.

That's interesting. I normally start from a FG "Zero Sliders" preset and the incremental additions to the BodyFat are apparent from the beginning. I wonder if something was causing RMR not to update the slider, or if there's a bug or other conflict preventing you from seeing it. Does your starting preset have the BodyFat slider at something other than 0? Also, what version of LooksMenu are you using? Versions before 1.6.20 had a bug which caused competing keyword morphs for the same slider to not be selected from logically, resulting in LM sometimes not rendering the one with the highest value.

3.  Very odd thing with Rad Morphing Redux mod was that if I set the FusionGirl BodyFat trigger to update "Immediately," whenever my character jumped with a weapon in her hand, there was this tiny, tiny bit of lag/screentear/hitching as she jumped that was very noticeable and jarring, sort of a frame was being skipped.  If she had no weapon in her hand but was standing still, the hitching also occured mid jump.  If I had no weapon equipped and jumped while moving, no hitching.  I tested this for about 2 hours non stop to make sure I wasn't going crazy, and if I set it to update "Periodically" there was no hitching when jumping with a weapon in my hand and all character movement was back to smooth as usual.  I know that all sounds crazy, but thought I'd mention it to see if anyone else had that.

The way UC is designed, it sends updates to RMR every time you do something that burns or gains fat, and one of the events that it acts on is an animation event that happens when the player jumps up (in order to simulate a tiny amount of fat burn from jumping). RMR calls to LooksMenu's BodyGen API are probably causing a momentary pause in processing for the game engine, though Todd only knows why that's different when you don't have a weapon equipped. By default RMR batches up these changes and applies them to your body periodically, which for UC should normally be fine because it advances its slider value pretty slowly (the idea was to simulate gain and loss over the course of game days or weeks). If there's some reason you need to set RMR to update it immediately, I can look into buffering and batching up calls to RMR as an alternative.

Wishlist:  the ability to set the rate at which fat burns and have a separate option to set the rate of calorie gain.  In my situation, that would let me set the fat burn rate much lower and the calorie gain rate much higher to offset for all the running I do with no fast traveling, which would then allow me to regularly see my character gain and lose weight.  As it stands right now, my character never retains enough body fat % to show any visual weight gain in normal play.

Those knobs are already planned, so I'll work on getting them implemented soon.

Hope some of this helps.  I love the mod, thanks for it!

Very useful feedback, thanks for the testing and glad you're enjoying it!

2 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Depending on your expectations, this might be right inline with a Horizon playthrough, since it sounds like scarcity of supplies would lead to most people being rail thin if they didn't flat out starve to death. That said, I get it means very little of the mod's features end up coming into play, since gluttony is one of the underlying themes of UC and for the moment there aren't a lot of incentives or other mechanics that compel you to waste food. I have at least a few planned, mostly drawbacks and withdrawal symptoms of the junk food addiction system.

That's interesting. I normally start from a FG "Zero Sliders" preset and the incremental additions to the BodyFat are apparent from the beginning. I wonder if something was causing RMR not to update the slider, or if there's a bug or other conflict preventing you from seeing it. Does your starting preset have the BodyFat slider at something other than 0? Also, what version of LooksMenu are you using? Versions before 1.6.20 had a bug which caused competing keyword morphs for the same slider to not be selected from logically, resulting in LM sometimes not rendering the one with the highest value.

The way UC is designed, it sends updates to RMR every time you do something that burns or gains fat, and one of the events that it acts on is an animation event that happens when the player jumps up (in order to simulate a tiny amount of fat burn from jumping). RMR calls to LooksMenu's BodyGen API are probably causing a momentary pause in processing for the game engine, though Todd only knows why that's different when you don't have a weapon equipped. By default RMR batches up these changes and applies them to your body periodically, which for UC should normally be fine because it advances its slider value pretty slowly (the idea was to simulate gain and loss over the course of game days or weeks). If there's some reason you need to set RMR to update it immediately, I can look into buffering and batching up calls to RMR as an alternative.

Those knobs are already planned, so I'll work on getting them implemented soon.

Very useful feedback, thanks for the testing and glad you're enjoying it!

I'm glad to know that I'm not crazy in noticing that hitching effect when jumping with a weapon in the hand, thought maybe I had too much coffee today.  I just set it to "Periodically" on a 60 second cycle and that's good for me.

In regards to my character not seemingly updating the body fat morph until I get a high body fat %, I adjusted down the "Upper Threshold" slider from 100 to 50 and I guess RMR just took a while to update it, but once it did, now my character will gain weight on lower body fat%, which is good, but it still seems drastic.  I just have to keep tweaking it to try and get it to be more gradual.  I have most recent LooksMenu, and yes, my character's preset bodyfat slider is something like .800 or higher, giving her a thicc but not too fat look.  Should I make adjustments somewhere in RMR or make a thinner preset?