On 11/28/2022 at 1:16 AM, vaultbait said:

Q: Can I configure the rate at which I gain and lose weight?

A: Not conveniently yet, but I've written the scripts with the expectation that most of the currently hard-coded constants will get forklifted into MCM in a future revision. Identifying food items is done using vanilla game keywords and some naive heuristics (weight and base caps value) so most mod-added food and drink will probably work right away. The plugin also has some formlists which could be extended via scripts by sufficiently industrious modders wishing to integrate with it. The default formlist contents are also loaded from included text files which can be edited to your liking.

I want to slow down the metabolism. Not the values of the food, but the weight loss over a period of time without eating.
I currently go into a fight fit and come out emaciated. That doesn't seem logical to me.
Is there a value I can change for this?

15 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

I want to slow down the metabolism. Not the values of the food, but the weight loss over a period of time without eating.
I currently go into a fight fit and come out emaciated. That doesn't seem logical to me.
Is there a value I can change for this?

There will be an MCM value for it, but combat isn't supposed to influence fat loss that rapidly. Being in combat doubles the usual fat loss from metabolism, similar to running (not sprinting, which triples it). At the middle of "fit" (25% fat) the normal metabolic burn is calculated at 0.6% per hour, so being in combat for a full game hour should only burn 1.2%. You'd need to be in combat for most of a game day to go from fit to emaciated. Is it possible you're using a mod which alters the game's clock rate? Otherwise, the fat loss you're observing is more likely from other factors such as chems (fat loss chems burn 3% per use, 5 doses of Psycho could take you from fit to emaciated almost instantly).

Wearing high heels with HHS integration, smoking with Light 'Em Up integration, or having high self esteem with Sex Attributes integration will also speed up your metabolism slightly, but not even as much as being in combat does (though the four together would be cumulative, bringing fat loss to 2.3% per hour if in combat while wearing heels with high self esteem). On the other hand, having low self esteem, or being pregnant or on birth control pills with Family Planning Enhanced integration, will slow your fat burn too, and it stops completely while you're wearing power armor.

First of all, I don't use mods that change the clock speed of the game.

I noticed it last night. I had to find something for BoS at Medford Hospital. Before that I slept in the boathouse. My condition was fit.
My actress wears no armor, just vanilla jeans and shirts (short, modded). No hh. Armed with hunting rifle and combat knife. The enemies: super mutants.
Accordingly, I play cautiously, since every hit can be the end. And accordingly long I play. Just in there for several hours yesterday.
Now I'm in front of the boss and I'm emaciated. Unfortunately, I cannot say how much time passed.

I didn't eat during the fight to avoid giving away my location (cough mod).

That's why I'm looking for a way to reduce the overall weight loss rate without upsetting the balance.

On top of that, with 8 hours of sleep and eating until full (survival mode) with meat and canned food, I never get over thin. My actress only gains weight when I eat and sleep significantly more. However, it doesn't feel like it takes a day to lose weight again.

Edited by deathmorph

All my Rad sliders, cleavage slider works fine.  I set boob, butt, belly, arm, legs sliders for unhealthy craving trigger.  I left everything on in mcm.  So as soon I set those sliders to unhealthy craving it activates it correct?  You recommend a number for all the sliders...like the set max morph for each of the body parts?  Hey thanks...looking forward to overdosing on sweets and drugs.  Is there an overdose on to much sex...like anal sex overdose to cause ass to swell...??

8 hours ago, deathmorph said:

First of all, I don't use mods that change the clock speed of the game.

I noticed it last night. I had to find something for BoS at Medford Hospital. Before that I slept in the boathouse. My condition was fit.
My actress wears no armor, just vanilla jeans and shirts (short, modded). No hh. Armed with hunting rifle and combat knife. The enemies: super mutants.
Accordingly, I play cautiously, since every hit can be the end. And accordingly long I play. Just in there for several hours yesterday.
Now I'm in front of the boss and I'm emaciated. Unfortunately, I cannot say how much time passed.

I didn't eat during the fight to avoid giving away my location (cough mod).

That's why I'm looking for a way to reduce the overall weight loss rate without upsetting the balance.

On top of that, with 8 hours of sleep and eating until full (survival mode) with meat and canned food, I never get over thin. My actress only gains weight when I eat and sleep significantly more. However, it doesn't feel like it takes a day to lose weight again.

Interesting, sleeping for 8 hours should add a flat 4% to body fat (0.5% per game hour), so sleeping 8 hours per game day plus eating and drinking several times a day should be more than enough to offset a moderately active daily routine. The difference between each fat "level" is only 10%, but I've tried to balance the typical gain and burn values so that the gain from regular meals and sleep patterns are fairly close to the burn from moderate activity, therefore any long-term gain or loss would hopefully be fairly gradual. I get that depends a lot on playstyle though, so it's likely I've misgauged the variability between different playstyles.

What are you eating and drinking, and what chems are you regularly using? That will have a lot to do with it. For example, purified water is a fat loss item, so each time you drink it you burn 1% body fat. If you turn on the debug notifications in the MCM, you should be able to fairly quickly build up a picture of what habits are adding or removing how much fat. I wouldn't leave them turned on all the time though, since they're fairly verbose.

16 hours ago, vaultbait said:

... The difference between each fat "level" is only 10% ...

I have activated the notifications now.
My actress loses between 0.2 and 0.4% fat every minute RL. Without HH. If she wears HH, then something is added there. Plus 0.1% for each jump.
According to my understanding, this means that after 15 - 20 minutes of real time at the latest, all the fat is used up by sleeping and eating and the metabolism goes into the red. Without moving too much.
That explains why my actress is always on the lower limit.
If I assume that the values are set by you in a balanced manner, then I would wish for an adjustment to hunger and fullness for survival mode. Since certainly not everyone sees it that way, a global slider might be interesting. Or a simple option, because you can certainly judge it better in detail.

Spoiler

image.png.3fe0d0d75025070656deb99358247bc0.png

20:1 should be the normal timeline, right?

I hope, that I have interpreted the messages in the game correctly.

PS: My character is currently extremely dominant.

Edited by deathmorph
12 hours ago, deathmorph said:

I have activated the notifications now.
My actress loses between 0.2 and 0.4% fat every minute RL. Without HH. If she wears HH, then something is added there. Plus 0.1% for each jump.

If you're getting metabolic loss notifications every minute, then that implies you have the Activity Update Delay setting at 20 game minutes in the MCM. If you haven't changed it then it's at the default of 30 game minutes, which is 1.5 real world minutes at the standard Fallout 4 timescale. Note that metabolic loss is scaled to the update delay, so increasing or decreasing the setting shouldn't alter the effective loss rate.

How much fat is burned from basic metabolism is also scaled by the current body fat value, so the fatter you are the faster you lose fat (simulating a need to eat more in order to maintain a higher weight). If you're thinner you won't burn it as fast as when you're fatter.

According to my understanding, this means that after 15 - 20 minutes of real time at the latest, all the fat is used up by sleeping and eating and the metabolism goes into the red. Without moving too much.

Looking at it the other way, a game day at default time scale is 1 hour 12 minutes real time. Over the course of one game day, a "fit" (25% fat) player performing no activity and with no bonus/penalty conditions for metabolism will burn ( 0.001 base rate + ( 0.02 maintenance factor * 0.25 body fat ) ) * 24 hours = 0.144 (14.4%) so that's roughly the amount that needs to be countered to keep a constant fat level (ignore for now that the burn rate will decrease somewhat as body fat gets lower). Sleeping for 8 hours increases fat by 0.04 (0.005 per game hour) which is really not all that much, so the remaining ~0.1 would normally be offset by food and drink. Junk food and cola add 0.02 each, so three meals of that a day is 0.12, more than enough to cover the difference and put on a little. Eating/drinking healthier or being more active will likely result in steady loss, while eating more often means gaining faster.

Of course, if you're a heavy drug user, all that goes out the window, and a dose or two a day of something over a prolonged period can mean relatively rapid fat gain or loss.

That explains why my actress is always on the lower limit.
If I assume that the values are set by you in a balanced manner, then I would wish for an adjustment to hunger and fullness for survival mode. Since certainly not everyone sees it that way, a global slider might be interesting. Or a simple option, because you can certainly judge it better in detail.

I'm definitely working on exposing scaling factors in MCM so that the presently hardcoded constants I mention above can be adjusted to suit different playstyles, I just wanted to make sure I got enough feedback from playtesters on what is there now, since that will become the defaults for the various settings. There's a fine line to walk between unplayably rigid and burying the player under a mountain of confusing options, and understanding where users are wanting to be able to make adjustments helps me find the optimal mix of controls.

As for survival, I'd love to be able to directly influence hunger/thirst/exhaustion in both Bethesda's "HC" survival implementation and AN76 (I use the latter but am sympathetic to users of the former as well). Unfortunately, from what I've been able to tell, neither of them really allows mods to bring on those conditions, only providing ways to satisfy them. Instead, I'll be focusing on other incentives to eat/drink/sleep more often under certain circumstances in order to drive player behaviors.

20:1 should be the normal timeline, right?

Yes, that's the default. 20 game seconds pass for every real world second, so a game hour passes every 3 real world minutes, and a game day passes for every 1 hour 12 minutes of real time (but if you sleep 8 game hours out of every game day then effectively only 48 waking real world minutes per game day).

I hope, that I have interpreted the messages in the game correctly.

Yes, based on the current equations, the 0.2% to 0.3% fat burn you observed at rest every 30 game minute "tick" (1.5 real minutes) is typical for a character in the thin to fit range.

PS: My character is currently extremely dominant.

Dominant/submissive status has no bearing on fat gain or loss, though self esteem does (1.25x burn for high self esteem, 0.75x burn for low self esteem).

Thanks for all the feedback, and for your testing/results! This is a huge help toward the next revision.

I'm preparing to begin implementation of settings for tuning the various gain/loss values in the mod. Here are the 25 options I'm considering putting in MCM initially, with their descriptions and configurable ranges. Defaults are basically the current hardcoded values, so as not to unexpectedly alter behavior for current users on upgrade...

• Progression factor "Master multiplier for reducing all fat gain and loss amounts" = 0.01..1.00 (default 1.00x)

• Periodic fat burn controls

• Base metabolic rate "How quickly fat is burned at rest" = 0.0001..0.0100 (default 0.0010/hr)

• Fat maintenance factor "Additional burn due to current body fat" = 0.00..0.10 (default 0.02x)

• Effortless power armor "No periodic fat burn while wearing power armor" = off..on (default on)

• Moderate activity multiplier "How much faster you burn fat during moderate activity" = 1.0..5.0 (default 2.0x)

• Combat is moderate "Consider combat as moderate activity" = off..on (default on)

• Running is moderate "Consider running as moderate activity" = off..on (default on)

• Heavy activity multiplier "How much faster you burn fat during heavy activity" = 1.0..5.0 (default 3.0x)

• Sprinting is heavy "Consider sprinting as heavy activity"= off..on (default on)

• Overencumbrance is heavy "Consider being overencumbered as heavy activity" = off..on (default on)

• Effect and perk loss rate "Burn multiplier for each fat loss effect or perk" = 1.00..2.00 (default 1.25x)

• Everything's harder in heels "Treat wearing high heels as a fat loss effect" = off..on (default on)

• Effect and perk gain rate "Burn multiplier for each fat gain effect or perk" = 0.05..1.00 (default 0.75x)

• Pudgy pregger "Treat pregnancy as a fat gain effect" = off..on (default on)

• Time-bound activity controls

• Exercise burn rate "How much fat is burned using exercise furniture" = 0.00..0.10 (default 0.02/hr)

• Sweaty sex "Consider sex a form of exercise" = off..on (default on)

• Swim harder "Consider swimming a form of exercise" = off..on (default on)

• Jiggly jumping jacks "How much fat is burned by jumping" = 0.0000..0.0010 (default 0.0005)

• Fat and lazy "How much fat is gained while sleeping" = 0.000..0.010 (default 0.005/hr)

• Consumable controls

• Gain chems "Fat increase from each fat gain item" = 0.000..0.100 (default 0.030)

• Loss chems "Fat decrease from each fat loss item" = 0.000..0.100 (default 0.010)

• Junk food "Fat increase from each junk food item" = 0.000..0.100 (default 0.020)

• Normal food "Fat increase from normal food items" = 0.000..0.100 (default 0.010)

• Use food value "Multiply normal food fat gain by 1/20 of its base caps value" = off..on (default on)

• Use food weight "Multiply normal food fat gain by its weight" = off..on (default on)

Do these seem sufficient to those of you who are wanting to be able to adjust the what and how of your fat gain or loss? I'll note that the very first control, the progression factor, tops out at 1.00x (no change) because the mod's current behavior is about as rapidly as you can gain and lose fat while still retaining some minimal amount of realism. I expect I'll set it to 0.10x under normal gameplay, when not playtesting the mod, for a more realistic experience, but I'm not proposing that as the default at the moment because it would change the behavior for existing users at upgrade. I'm happy to revisit that, if others feel a release note about the behavior change (letting users know to switch it to 1.00x if they want to keep the old behavior) is an acceptable approach.

Edited by vaultbait
23 hours ago, vaultbait said:

If you're getting metabolic loss notifications every minute, then that implies you have the Activity Update Delay setting at 20 game minutes in the MCM. If you haven't changed it then it's at the default of 30 game minutes, which is 1.5 real world minutes at the standard Fallout 4 timescale. Note that metabolic loss is scaled to the update delay, so increasing or decreasing the setting shouldn't alter the effective loss rate.

You mean this setting?

image.png.3d7c914943fb50d2cf92b3408f5c41f3.png

I didn't change it, but then I probably made a slight mistake in the reading time.

PS: One minor note. Version 1.5.0 is displayed in the MCM, although I have installed version 1.5.1.

Edited by deathmorph
44 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

You mean this setting?

image.png.3d7c914943fb50d2cf92b3408f5c41f3.png

I didn't change it, but then I probably made a slight mistake in the reading time.

That's what I suspected, so you should be seeing metabolic burn notices approximately every 90 real world seconds.

44 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

PS: One minor note. Version 1.5.0 is displayed in the MCM, although I have installed version 1.5.1.

Yes, I noticed that earlier today when working on 1.6.0. Unfortunately I don't have sophisticated build automation for this, and instead the version number is kept manually in sync between the mod archive filename, a Papyrus scripted quest property, a version field in the FOMOD metadata, and a cosmetic display string in the MCM config. You can ignore that, and I'll try to do a better job of syncing up those 4 copies of the version number when I'm cutting new releases.

Edit: Oh, also the changelog and the mod description page on LL! ?

Edited by vaultbait
1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

That's what I suspected, so you should be seeing metabolic burn notices approximately every 90 real world seconds.

I tested it again, it's about there. The difference between 1 min and 1:30 min I didn't notice enough in the game.

The idea of burning fat while jumping is a good one, it makes you think about the best places to run or climb. An additional tactical element, very welcome.

9 hours ago, deathmorph said:

The idea of burning fat while jumping is a good one, it makes you think about the best places to run or climb. An additional tactical element, very welcome.

Thanks, and yeah it works well enough (I think if you spam the jump key they don't all get counted, there's a bit of a cooldown between the animation change events from the game engine I think, but that helps to keep it from being abused I guess). Also it seems the initial value I chose was a bit too high, 10 jumps was roughly equivalent to an hour on the weight bench for example. I'm halving the default value for that with the MCM implementation for 1.6.0, though it can still be adjusted up to the old value by users who really want that.

My actress has now apparently developed an addiction. Cause I'm getting messages that junk food is around. However, the addiction to 3 bottles of Nuka Cola came, when a lot of sugar bombs were eaten, so no addiction developed.

What does it mean to change the messages? debug?

38 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

My actress has now apparently developed an addiction. Cause I'm getting messages that junk food is around. However, the addiction to 3 bottles of Nuka Cola came, when a lot of sugar bombs were eaten, so no addiction developed.

It's mostly up to Fallout 4's random number generator. Every time you consume a junk food item there's a small chance of becoming addicted, but that chance increases the fatter you are. There will be a pop-up message box to acknowledge it when this happens.

38 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

What does it mean to change the messages? debug?

I'm unable to parse your question.

If you're addicted, there are notifications when you get within close range of junk food items (one for when you're within 500 units, another for when you're within 250 units distance). The notifications get attenuated after the first one fires, as a compromise between not notifying you quickly enough when you're walking past some and not spamming you with too many repeated messages. The debugging toggle in MCM switches between the normal (vague) notifications and messages which tell you what item was found and how far from you it is. If the messages get annoying, you can disable that entire mechanic in MCM under Features: There's junk in that trunk.

@vaultbaitOne question: recently I stopped getting damage from the external effects of radiation. When I eat food, radiation is displayed. However, they are the same characteristics as the piggy perk. However, I don't have it.

I deactivated your mod, no changes. So activated again. So the mod is not the cause. I don't have any other radioactivity perks installed.

However, since the symptoms are similar, do you have an idea?

2 hours ago, deathmorph said:

@vaultbaitOne question: recently I stopped getting damage from the external effects of radiation. When I eat food, radiation is displayed. However, they are the same characteristics as the piggy perk. However, I don't have it.

I deactivated your mod, no changes. So activated again. So the mod is not the cause. I don't have any other radioactivity perks installed.

However, since the symptoms are similar, do you have an idea?

There's the possibility this is a lingering keyword from Filthy Piggy. Up to 1.5.1 the RadiationHealing keyword got added to the player while Filthy Piggy was active, and removed whenever its criteria failed to be met. I really disliked that approach because adding a vanilla game keyword to something has the potential to persist even if the mod that did it is removed (possible I could have worked around that with a quest alias for the player instead). The reason I used it is that there are only a limited number of conditions the Get Dirty routines look at to decide whether to apply radiation damage to the player after failing to wash for too long. In 1.6.0 I'm forcibly removing that keyword from the player if present, to clean it up, and instead including a plugin patch that overrides one of the alternative conditions Get Dirty checks for. The solution is a bit more complex, but should hopefully avoid the aforementioned drawback as well as address the way it sometimes failed to prevent Get Dirty from applying radiation damage (it will also nicely solve the errant messages about taking radiation damage from being dirty).

In order to see if the leftover keyword is the issue, you can run this command in the console:

player.haskeyword radiationhealing

If it returns 0.00 then this is not the problem. If however it comes back with 1.00 then here's how you can remove it:

prid player
cf "objectreference.removekeyword" radiationhealing

After that, make sure the haskeyword command from earlier returns 0.00.

23 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

There's the possibility this is a lingering keyword from Filthy Piggy.

Followed your instructions below. That was the problem. Thank you for the quick help. Now the radiation works as usual again.
(I'm already looking forward to the 1.60.)

5 hours ago, deathmorph said:

Followed your instructions below. That was the problem. Thank you for the quick help. Now the radiation works as usual again.

Great! I'll update the known bugs list accordingly. Thanks for reporting it!

5 hours ago, deathmorph said:

(I'm already looking forward to the 1.60.)

Yeah me too, I just need time to finish playtesting the fixes and improvements in it, hopefully this weekend if nothing unexpected comes up. ?

On 3/11/2023 at 5:36 PM, vaultbait said:

the very first control, the progression factor, tops out at 1.00x (no change) because the mod's current behavior is about as rapidly as you can gain and lose fat while still retaining some minimal amount of realism. I expect I'll set it to 0.10x under normal gameplay, when not playtesting the mod, for a more realistic experience, but I'm not proposing that as the default at the moment because it would change the behavior for existing users at upgrade. I'm happy to revisit that, if others feel a release note about the behavior change (letting users know to switch it to 1.00x if they want to keep the old behavior) is an acceptable approach.

Having extensively playtested what will become the 1.6.0 release now, I've concluded that the more gradual experience with Progression Factor set to 0.10 (so gaining and losing fat 10x slower than prior versions) is far better. I'm planning to make that the default setting and will include a release note that users who preferred the old pace can dial it up to 1.00 (or if they want it even more gradual still, they can dial it all the way down to 0.01 for a 100x slower progression). I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that this is coming, so they'll be aware that they can adjust the value in MCM if they don't want the change.

Also, as mentioned earlier, the default fat burn from jumping is being halved to 0.0005, though can be set to 0.0010 to get the old behavior for that (or all the way down to 0.0000 for no fat burn at all from jumping).

For a progress report: I think I've just fixed the last bug I noticed with the new features being introduced, so am preparing documentation updates and some additional screen captures to decorate the mod page and installer menu, but hope to have it done within the next few days (maybe even later today depending on what my dayjob has in store for me). Stay tuned!

1.6.0 (2023-03-22)

• Perfectly Preserved: Body fat improves the chance for Port-A-Diner pie
  • Woeful Weigh-Ins: Gain or lose self esteem daily when checking your fat
  • Drop the Towel: Actors strip while on a Med-Tek ForEVrFit+ Smart Scale
  • MCM setting for whether the player dresses after stepping off a scale
  • You can now place a Med-Tek ForEVrFit+ Smart Scale just about anywhere
  • The Smart Scale can be constructed at a chemistry station under Utility
  • Smart Scale interface is now judgmental/degrading and undermines you
  • Filthy Piggy: Optional patch plugin improving Get Dirty integration
  • The RadiationHealing keyword is no longer used so is forcibly cleaned up
  • Cereal Killer: chances are now scaled by the square of the player's luck
  • Added numerous new MCM settings to adjust fat gain and loss mechanics
  • Added a few new MCM debugging options for manipulating current body fat
  • Reduced default fat burn from jumping by half for better game balance
  • Renamed the Hot to Trot feature to Built for Comfort not Speed
  • Log the version number of the mod even when not upgrading
  • Added a FOMOD installer menu for the new optional patch plugins
  • Added support for FatGainEffects to the ExtendList API
  • Removed an unused empty script source file
  • Renamed the HHS detection variable to not conflict with its script

I just realized I didn't switch the Progression Factor default from 1.00 to 0.10 like I said I was planning to. I'll do that in 1.7.0 with an appropriate upgrade note, but in the meantime you can set it to 0.10 in the MCM Settings page if you want the slower paced experience.

Edit: The FAQ and known bugs list have been updated for 1.6.0. Also the mod description has been updated with documentation on the newly added features, and more general introduction/explanation added. A couple of fun new screenshots were thrown in too. Enjoy, piggies! ?

Edited by vaultbait

Hi, I installed the latest version and the only fat gain I see is from sleeping. I tasted it eating 100 sugar bombs and not a single gram of fat was gained. I set up RMR as in the pictures, but I'm not gaining any fat. The fat gained from sleep is loss normally by running.

7 hours ago, ecastellvi said:

Hi, I installed the latest version and the only fat gain I see is from sleeping. I tasted it eating 100 sugar bombs and not a single gram of fat was gained. I set up RMR as in the pictures, but I'm not gaining any fat. The fat gained from sleep is loss normally by running.

Check your papyrus log for any entries that start with [Unhealthy Craving] as those will at least record startup of the mod's quest. If there are any script errors, they may contain uc_ so that would be good to look for as well.

If you haven't seen it yet, in MCM there are some debugging options where you can turn on real-time notifications that report gain and loss amounts from every tracked event (eating/drinking, exercise, sleep, periodic metabolic burn, and so on). That can also be useful for troubleshooting, in order to narrow down what the mod might be missing.

Just to double-check, how did you install the mod? It's possible you're missing all the TXT files in the Data\UC directory, but any FOMOD-capable mod manager should have installed those so that seems quite unlikely. Turning on the option in MCM to log detailed information about formlist loading will help confirm whether that's the case, but it does generate a ton of entries (hundreds, at least one for every form listed in those files).

And you do have SUP F4SE installed, preferably the latest version, right? It's required by both UC and RMR.

Edited by vaultbait
11 minutes ago, ecastellvi said:

It was this that I had not installed... My bad. Thanks!

Perfect! And yeah, I mentioned it because not having it would completely explain your symptoms. UC uses functions from SUP F4SE to read the lists of potions, keywords, effects, perks and such at game load, so without it you'd only have the (very limited) inbuilt events that don't fall into one of those extensible lists.

You're also not the first person to miss it, I'll add to the todo list to check for hard deps at start and pop up a message box if they're not present so other users can be spared the head-scratching.