5 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

Foodgasm (on my previous save I was addicted but despite always consuming junk food, I never experienced it).

LL isn't letting me edit my last post for some reason, so sorry for the commentspam. For the foodgasm, you have to be addicted and then your odds are a quarter of your body fat each time you eat a junk food item (e.g. you're at BF 0.5 then you have a 12.5% chance or roughly 1 in 8 times you eat a qualifying item). It uses a timer to defer the effect by half a second and retries every half a second if the player is "busy" (in a menu, looking at the Pip-Boy, in VATS, and so on) in order to avoid crashes and hangs often associated with that sort of thing. If you have Sex Attributes Framework installed then an SA orgasm will be triggered along with its sound and visual effects, but if you don't then a text based notification will scroll by. Either way, the player will also fall to the ground and a detection event will be emitted which may alert nearby hostiles to your presence.

It's possible the underlying cause of all the problems you're seeing are related, so probably not worth putting too much thought into this until I've ironed out whatever's going on with power armor and jumpUp animation events.

46 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Not a bother at all, thanks for all the extra testing and details! I'm hoping I'll have a chance to replicate the issue tomorrow, odds are it's a fairly straightforward bug I simply didn't find in playtesting since I don't play much with PA to begin with therefore probably didn't exercise some things as thoroughly as I should have for it.

I hope so! That being said, preventing fat burn while jumping really does add challenge! I have to think what I'll consume as I don't want to get Overweight and gain debuffs!

(Insert meme here: It's not a bug, it's a feature!)

49 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

You don't have to be addicted, there's a flat 50% chance to at least find something in every box of Sugar Bombs (both clean/pre-war and normal/dirty boxes), though it'll usually be worthless "junk" toys like wooden blocks or a toy car or a souvenir magnet if you have the Nuka World DLC installed, etc (the idea of basing the more rare rewards off the player's luck stat is an interesting idea I hadn't considered, but will look at adding it). The quest property used for the MCM toggle defaults to True, so unless you explicitly turned it off that much should be happening. It's possible whatever's crashed the quest script's timer and animation event handling is impacting that feature too, it's hard to say until I track it down.

Is it possible you have a mod which adds additional kinds of Sugar Bombs or something? Maybe it's as simple as the items you're consuming aren't the vanilla game consumable IDs.

No, no, don't get me wrong - I don't know if it's bugged or not. Just saying that on my previous save (where I got addicted) I didn't get anything. It could be a bug, but it could also be bad luck (RNG). I'll have to check it out and dig a bit deeper.

I don't have any modified Sugar Bombs. The only mod I'm using that's related to vanilla foods would be Cooking Overhaul, but that one cannot be the culprit as it's only focused on cooked food (enable/disable buffs, etc.). Like I said, I think it's bad luck.

51 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I'm intending to add a lot of tunables to MCM once I'm happy with the base chances and ratios for things. The main quest script is marked up with a ton of TODO comments flagging stuff which should probably become MCM options in the future. The danger is that once I expose those in MCM, it becomes painful for users if I then adjust the functions in ways which make those values no longer mean what they once did so I'm trying to keep that sort of churn to a minimum.

Yep, I noticed those comments (had to peek at the script a bit)! MCM will make UC even better than it currently is! Though I have to say, the way you balanced it (fat gain/burn) is nearly perfect. I'm playing with modified script (for MAIM 2 items, I'm sure you remember) and that somewhat blows that balance away - I can enter a dungeon as Fit, but once I leave it I'm lucky if I'm Chubby.

Still though, I love it! Really hoping to see you implement that SUP F4SE function so I can add more things to that list!

At last, I hope you'll report back with your findings regarding PA and jumping - I'd really like to hear what the issue is (curiosity, eh?). Nonetheless, thanks a lot for taking your time to reply! Keep up the great work!

45 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

LL isn't letting me edit my last post for some reason, so sorry for the commentspam. For the foodgasm, you have to be addicted and then your odds are a quarter of your body fat each time you eat a junk food item (e.g. you're at BF 0.5 then you have a 12.5% chance or roughly 1 in 8 times you eat a qualifying item). It uses a timer to defer the effect by half a second and retries every half a second if the player is "busy" (in a menu, looking at the Pip-Boy, in VATS, and so on) in order to avoid crashes and hangs often associated with that sort of thing. If you have Sex Attributes Framework installed then an SA orgasm will be triggered along with its sound and visual effects, but if you don't then a text based notification will scroll by. Either way, the player will also fall to the ground and a detection event will be emitted which may alert nearby hostiles to your presence.

It's possible the underlying cause of all the problems you're seeing are related, so probably not worth putting too much thought into this until I've ironed out whatever's going on with power armor and jumpUp animation events.

Got it, that makes sense!

I certainly hope the issues aren't related to one another; I just thought foodgasm was more common to experience. Thanks for clarifying that out!

P. S.

Sorry for spamming. I tried to quote your reply and paste it into edit, but to no avail. Welp, new reply it is!

6 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

preventing fat burn while jumping really does add challenge! I have to think what I'll consume as I don't want to get Overweight and gain debuffs!

I'm neither a dietician nor a personal trainer, but I'm willing to bet if you build and use exercise equipment in your settlements, have lots of sex, and drink plenty of (purified) water you'll be thinner in no time! ?️‍♀️?️??

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

I'm neither a dietician nor a personal trainer, but I'm willing to bet if you build and use exercise equipment in your settlements, have lots of sex, and drink plenty of (purified) water you'll be thinner in no time! ?️‍♀️?️??

Don't forget to Light 'Em Up, so you get in shape faster! ;)

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.fineartamerica.com%2Fimages-medium-large-5%2F1-retro-cigarettes-marketing-ads-lucky-strike-action.jpg&sp=1672281878T8b411b8986d1850ec0f16b70c3108ce882b4687927c0cec7c1f255718fa5456c

Edited by rubber_duck
On 12/28/2022 at 6:51 PM, rubber_duck said:

after using PA I can no longer burn weight by jumping

So, the good news is that I was easily able to replicate this and identify the cause. I lazily opted not to catch unregistration of animation events, not realizing that simple things like entering and exiting power armor change the animation graph. The fix is a mere 5 lines of code to handle OnAnimationEventUnregistered and redo the registration, so this fix will be included in the next version and I've updated the known bugs (post #3 in this thread) accordingly.

The bad news is that it's so straightforward of an oversight it doesn't explain any of the other problems you observed. One possibility is that the times you saw debug notifications for other things stop appearing, you were seeing an all too common bug with the game itself where it sometimes just stops showing any new notifications after using a crafting workbench until you save and reload. This is easily replicated with any mod that produces copious numbers of notifications, for example SKK Script Lag Latency Detector which even mentions this problem in its description.

So, the good news is that I was easily able to replicate this and identify the cause. I lazily opted not to catch unregistration of animation events, not realizing that simple things like entering and exiting power armor change the animation graph. The fix is a mere 5 lines of code to handle OnAnimationEventUnregistered and redo the registration, so this fix will be included in the next version and I've updated the known bugs (post #3 in this thread) accordingly.

Happy to help, friend! Now the question is: when are you planning to push the update? Don't mind me, just a random dude heavily playing heavily modified (not to mention buggy) Todd's masterpiece.

The bad news is that it's so straightforward of an oversight it doesn't explain any of the other problems you observed. One possibility is that the times you saw debug notifications for other things stop appearing, you were seeing an all too common bug with the game itself where it sometimes just stops showing any new notifications after using a crafting workbench until you save and reload. This is easily replicated with any mod that produces copious numbers of notifications, for example SKK Script Lag Latency Detector which even mentions this problem in its description.

My Intelligence isn't high enough to figure this out - what exactly are you saying?

Perhaps we didn't understand each other; I didn't say I stopped receiving notifications, just that the notification itself reported 'UC: changed nothing' at the time of operating a set of PA. I know that no notifications is one of the issues with the game as I experienced it a lot in the past and, like you said, the only way to fix it is by saving and reloading (though sometimes I'd need to restart the game). The first mod that comes to mind is that companion Heather - immediately after recruiting her I'd have to either save and reload or simply restart the game as she always causes the issue.

Just so we're clear here: your (UC) notifications work, I never experienced issues with them! Hell, on my current playthrough I got literally bombarded with notifications once I fast travelled:

- Dynamic Timescale reported the time

- Crime and Punishment reported altered karma

- Sex Attributes reported the arousal status

- Gun For Hire reported about gained REP

- UC reported the fat burn

- Sex Harassment reported that someone's checking me out

- the game itself reported that I'm Parched and Hungry (because I play on Survival)

- Advanced Needs 2 reported that I need to either piss or take a dump

- Provocative Perks reported that my companion is unsatisfied

Basically, a lot of notifications all at once. However, once they disappeared, I consumed 1x purified water and 2x snack cakes (consumed first one -> get notification about fat gain -> notification goes away -> consume second one). Notifications worked properly! In fact, during the 18 hours I've spent on my current save, notifications always worked, for every mod!

Nonetheless, I'm glad you found the solution this quickly! Keep it up, you're doing great!

Also, out of curiosity, what exactly are you planning for v1.4? You don't need to answer that if you don't feel like it, I'm just curious to hear from you.

11 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

Happy to help, friend! Now the question is: when are you planning to push the update? Don't mind me, just a random dude heavily playing heavily modified (not to mention buggy) Todd's masterpiece.

The usual answer is "when it's ready" but I may cut the feature list short and bump some things to 1.5.0 so I can get something out sooner. Like ESR said, "release early, release often."

Perhaps we didn't understand each other; I didn't say I stopped receiving notifications, just that the notification itself reported 'UC: changed nothing' at the time of operating a set of PA.

Oh, okay in that case it's working as designed. That's the expected wording for the debug notification when the UpdateValue() function calls ModBodyFatAndNotify() with Modifier=0 (for example when wearing power armor), but I'm open to suggestions which might improve its clarity. I basically didn't put a lot of thought into the wording because it's intended for debugging the fat burn mechanism.

Just so we're clear here: your (UC) notifications work, I never experienced issues with them! Hell, on my current playthrough I got literally bombarded with notifications once I fast travelled:

Yes, I personally find that annoying and so try to keep notifications in UC to a necessary minimum by default, which is why the periodic and consumption messages in particular are considered debugging info and off unless turned on by the player. I actually added them when I was initially trying to track down bugs in those features, but kept them in and added corresponding MCM options since I thought they might be generally helpful for users trying to observe the inner workings of the mod too.

Also, out of curiosity, what exactly are you planning for v1.4? You don't need to answer that if you don't feel like it, I'm just curious to hear from you.

This is the 1.4.0 ChangeLog so far for what's already been developed (subject to change if playtesting turns up significant problems of course):

• Being fat prevents the use of power armor

• Sense nearby junk food when addicted

• MCM option to turn off junk food proximity notifications

• MCM option to show junk food proximity debugging info

• New quest property, global and actor value for tracking craving strength

• If Sex Attributes is installed, willpower influences craving strength

• Filthy piggies who use the Get Dirty mod can avoid radiation damage from not bathing, and gain some radiation resistance, as long as they stay overweight and avoid baths/swimming

• MCM option to turn off the Filthy Piggy feature

• Added some chems from the MAIM 2 mod to fat gain and loss lists

• Catch animation events unregistering and reregister them, solving a bug where entering/exiting power armor caused jumping to no longer  burn fat

In addition to these, I want to move FormId lists into text files for ease of adjustment by users so that you can drop that ESLified MAIM support patch. I'm intending to reorganize the MCM a bit and make more granular options for the "inconveniences" (for people who want to turn off individual effects like power armor blocking or the fast travel disabler, while still blocking sprinting, running, etc), as well as add debug utilities to restart the mod or prepare for clean uninstallation. I also need to make a few adjustments to how craving strength is calculated based on observations from recent playthroughs, and want to do a little more tweaking to Sex Attributes integration (prevent lowering FPA_Value_Spitit below 1.0 when feeding the craving, decrease FPA_Value_MindHealth from foodgasms...). I'd like to change the way radiation blocking is handled for the new Filthy Piggy feature, and possibly expand nearby junk food item detection to also search containers. That's probably it for the 1.4.0 plans.

I've still got a list of planned features as long as my arm, so haven't decided yet what I'll pick for 1.5.0.

On 12/19/2022 at 8:58 AM, LenAnderson said:

A way around this, and maybe even opening up the whole categorization of consumables to the user would be to read the form lists from a text file instead of defining them in CK or xEdit.

SUP F4SE has a function ReadFormArrayFromFile(string sFilePath,string sDelim)

Out of curiosity, have you used that function for anything yet? The docs aren't clear on what happens if the listed plugin isn't present, and as I'm starting to mock this change up I'm noticing that it seems like it expects all entries to be on the same line (implying one-line files with a ton of repetition, and some of these lists are probably going to start at 30 or 40 entries). If you haven't used it, no worries, I'll ask around on the author's Discord channels too like the mod page recommends.

Edit: I'm noticing support for comments in these files would be useful too. In the current source code I'm able to document what each form is, so that users can at least know what entries to add/remove/edit. In the example case, someone who has ESLified the Maim2 plugin would need to open both the original and renumbered plugins to work out what IDs mapped to what other IDs, if I can't add comments indicating what each entry actually represents.

Edited by vaultbait
29 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Out of curiosity, have you used that function for anything yet? The docs aren't clear on what happens if the listed plugin isn't present, and as I'm starting to mock this change up I'm noticing that it seems like it expects all entries to be on the same line (implying one-line files with a ton of repetition, and some of these lists are probably going to start at 30 or 40 entries). If you haven't used it, no worries, I'll ask around on the author's Discord channels too like the mod page recommends.

No, I haven't. Not sure if papyrus strings have a way to represent line breaks to use one as a delimiter.

If not (or missing plugins pose a problem for the SUP function), you can also read text files (line by line if you have to) Excel files or JSON files as strings and then build the form list yourself with GetFormFromFile.

19 minutes ago, LenAnderson said:

No, I haven't. Not sure if papyrus strings have a way to represent line breaks to use one as a delimiter.

If not (or missing plugins pose a problem for the SUP function), you can also read text files (line by line if you have to) Excel files or JSON files as strings and then build the form list yourself with GetFormFromFile.

Agreed, reimplementing the function from parts is my fallback plan of course. What I'm hoping for is something akin to BodyGen configs, where I can put each entry on a separate line and add inline comments for ease of maintenance. Otherwise, these may as well be giant opaque blobs... even I'm hesitant to try to edit them in the present state.

On 12/28/2022 at 6:51 PM, rubber_duck said:

Regarding Cereal Killer - I'm consuming Sugar Bombs quite regularly, but never get anything. Cereal Killer is enabled in MCM, but do I have to be addicted in order to get something (because at the moment I'm not) or is it related to Luck (my luck is currently 1)?

Digging through Papyrus logs, I spotted an off-by-one error in how I'm using RandomInt() to pick a random reward from the various Cereal Killer formlists. Basically I needed to tell RandomInt() the upper end of its range is whateverList.GetSize() - 1 since indexing for GetAt() starts from 0 and the RandomInt() range endpoints are both inclusive (unlike in other programming languages I'm used to). The upshot is that Cereal Killer rewards are occuring (perhaps significantly) less often than intended, since a significant number of them are trying to award nonexistent items from past the end of the reward formlists. I've fixed it for the next version.

• 2 weeks later...

1.4.0 (2023-01-08)

• Being fat prevents the use of power armor
  • Sense nearby junk food when addicted, both loose and in containers
  • MCM option to turn off junk food proximity notifications
  • MCM option to show junk food proximity debugging info
  • New quest property, global and actor value for tracking craving strength
  • If Sex Attributes is installed, willpower influences craving strength
  • Filthy piggies who use the Get Dirty mod can avoid radiation damage from not bathing, and gain some radiation resistance, as long as they stay overweight and avoid baths/swimming
  • MCM option to turn off the Filthy Piggy feature
  • Catch animation events unregistering and reregister them, solving a bug where entering/exiting power armor caused jumping to no longer burn fat
  • Correct an off-by-one in several RandomInt() calls which resulted in Cereal Killer rewards occuring less often than intended
  • Feeding your craving no longer reduces Sex Attributes spirit below 1.0, so that PTSD detection can occur in any subsequent sex scene
  • Foodgasm reduces Sex Attributes mind health, making mind break likely
  • Moved formlists to external text files for ease of adjustment
  • Added an MCM toggle for verbose logging of formlist loading debug info
  • Fixed various incorrect form IDs for soft integrated DLC items
  • Removed alcohol special casing and Booze is Junk Food MCM toggle, users can copy the entry from FatGainKeywords.txt to JunkFoodKeywords.txt now
  • Replaced bubblegum with Buzzbytes in the Cereal Killer candy rewards
  • Added a score card button in MCM
  • Split various hinderance features into separate MCM toggles
  • Reorganized MCM into multiple pages for ease of navigation
On 12/18/2022 at 4:34 PM, rubber_duck said:

PLUGIN: 'MAIM 2.esp'

Ibuprofen: 'FE001029'

Atropine: 'FE00102E'

TXA Autoinjector: 'FE001100'

Mannitol Autoinjector: 'FE00162F'

First Aid Kit: 'FE001010'

If it was up to me, I'd put the following items to weight gain formlist:

Ibuprofen (heals all body parts), Atropine (poison resist) and Mannitol (heals only head)

I'd put the other items to weight loss formlist:

First Aid Kit (heals crippled limbs and stops heavy bleeding) and TXA (stops light bleeding, reduces heavy bleeds to light and slowly heals body parts).

Look mate, I'm not a doctor in real life so I have no idea if this makes sense. Heck, I don't think whether it'd make more sense to add all these to only one formlist or not. The way I'd put these items is to make it even easier to gain weight (and, automatically, makes it more difficult to lose weight).

That being said, there are more ingestibles in MAIM 2! However, I didn't include them since that seriously wouldn't make sense (losing/gaining weight by consuming bandages, really?).

Also, regarding other, vanilla, items (don't know if you've included those in UC already).

Radaway - loses weight (-2% or whatever)

Rad-X - +1%

Bloodpack - same as Mex-X (+3%)

Glowing Bloodpack - -3% (or similar)

Refreshing Beverage - it'd make most sense for it to burn fat, but just for fun I'd add it to weight gain (heal your health, rads and addictions, but get some weight just to make things more interesting!)

Curie's Healthpak - same as Stimpak (+3%)

As of 1.4.0, you can just add these to the UC\FatGainItems.txt and UC\FatLossItems.txt files if you want. It should be entirely configurable now.

1 hour ago, lee3310 said:

"Filthy piggies" just reading description on it's own is so much fun ?.  This mod is expanding real fast, i love it, keep up the good work?

Thanks! The list of things I still want to add is pretty long, but this seemed like a good point to release an update with what I'd finished so far, so that I could get some fixes out too.

[User error]

Ummm.... So I managed to play a bit with v1.4.0 and so far everything original works, no bugs found.

That being said, none of the custom items I added to the appropriate .txt files work. Could be that I messed something up? For example, I have added TXA from MAIM 2 to FatLossItems.txt, but once I consume that item in the game, nothing happens (debug messages for adjusting body fat are turned ON). In the previous version (where you compiled a special script for me with MAIM 2 items that I provided) it worked properly - TXA injector when consumed burns 1% of fat.

Here are all the files I modified. I will open up xEdit and check again in case I made a typo or something, but I'm almost certain these IDs are correct.

By the way, the proper way of adding stuff from other mods here is the following PluginName.extension:FormID, correct? Asking because I added all the items exactly how you did, get the whole FormID and then remove first 2 characters. Is this the correct approach?

Thanks in advance, love your work!

FatLossEffects.txt FatLossItems.txt JunkFoodItems.txt FatGainItems.txt

FatGainEffects.txt

Edited by rubber_duck
Forgot to upload one more file
2 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

Ummm.... So I managed to play a bit with v1.4.0 and so far everything original works, no bugs found.

Thanks for testing!

That being said, none of the custom items I added to the appropriate .txt files work. Could be that I messed something up? For example, I have added TXA from MAIM 2 to FatLossItems.txt, but once I consume that item in the game, nothing happens (debug messages for adjusting body fat are turned ON). In the previous version (where you compiled a special script for me with MAIM 2 items that I provided) it worked properly - TXA injector when consumed burns 1% of fat.

There's a debug option in the MCM to enable verbose logging of the formlist loader. Turn that on and then click the option to reload the mod (not restart, just reload). Once you exit MCM you should see a notification scroll by when the reload completes. Check your Papyrus log for entries that include [Unhealthy Craving] and there should be a ton giving you counts and exact form details for each item it adds to every formlist. It does the lists in alphabetical order by filename, and loads the forms in the order they're included in the file, so it should be fairly easy to find the spot where it should be loading your additional forms.

Here are all the files I modified. I will open up xEdit and check again in case I made a typo or something, but I'm almost certain these IDs are correct.

If the form exists but is not the correct type (i.e. you've put a miscitem in a consumable list or whatever) then an error will be logged in Papyrus with details and it will skip that form. Unfortunately, SUP F4SE itself takes care of deciding whether the plugin file and the form within it actually exist at all,and silently skips any which don't, so the only way you can really detect those is by comparing the counts of entries read against the files.

By the way, the proper way of adding stuff from other mods here is the following PluginName.extension:FormID, correct? Asking because I added all the items exactly how you did, get the whole FormID and then remove first 2 characters. Is this the correct approach?

Yes, that's correct. However, looking at your files I think I see the problem. SUP F4SE needs the line to contain only the plugin filename and the relative form ID, with no extraneous content before or after. You've added comments at the ends of the lines, which is going to cause it to try to interpret those as part of the IDs themselves and then skip them because they aren't.

I should probably clarify somewhere that the file "format" there is more of an accident of the side effects for SUP F4SE's parser. It reads through the file expecting to find a list of plugin:form entries separated by a configurable separator byte. I told it to treat the newline character as the separator, so the end result is that it thinks every line in the file will be a plugin:form pair. However, it immediately skips any lines that don't contain a colon character (:), which makes it a convenient way to be able to include comment lines and blank lines in the files. The semicolons I added to the beginning of the existing comment lines are really just decorative, to make it clear to anyone looking at the file that they're comments, there's nothing magic about them.

It's also worth pointing out that if you have a comment line with a colon (:) in it, SUP F4SE will try to look for a file with the same name as whatever part of that line precedes the colon, so it will to a little bit of unnecessary work before realizing the file doesn't exist and silently skipping it. Best to avoid putting colons on comment lines because of that, though in practice they probably won't hurt anything and those files are only ever read each time you load a save or if you manually reload the mod with the debug option in MCM.

[User error]

Thanks in advance, love your work!

FatLossEffects.txt 569 B · 1 download FatLossItems.txt 1.65 kB · 1 download JunkFoodItems.txt 1.7 kB · 0 downloads FatGainItems.txt 2.43 kB · 0 downloads

FatGainEffects.txt 736 B · 0 downloads

[Update]

I ain't gonna lie here - a few IDs were wrong. After I tweaked them and deleted my M/\S73R_H@CK3R-styled comments in all of the files I modified, I can happily confirm that it works properly!

As far as I can tell, if you write it like this it won't work (for some reason it didn't for me*):

Spoiler

PluginName.extension:FormID ; Comment

However, if you write it like this (how you did it) it works as it should*:

Spoiler

; Comment

PluginName.extension:FormID

I guess it doesn't like it when the same line has a comment.

Either way, now that I got it to work - oh boy! Exactly what I've been waiting for! Keep up the outstanding work, and thanks for fixing that issue with jumping! Take care!

* - I have absolutely no clue why it works/doesn't work... I'll have to test it more thoroughly when I find some free time as I'm really curious. It could be that it didn't work the first time because I made a mistake with IDs (added a few wrong ones); or it was something else.

3 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

As far as I can tell, if you write it like this it won't work (for some reason it didn't for me*):

Hide contents

PluginName.extension:FormID ; Comment

Correct. I explained it in my other reply but I expect our comments raced one another. In short, SUP F4SE is reading that line and thinks that "FormID ; Comment" is the requested form ID, but then can't parse that substring as a hexidecimal number and gives up.

3 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Thanks for testing!

There's a debug option in the MCM to enable verbose logging of the formlist loader. Turn that on and then click the option to reload the mod (not restart, just reload). Once you exit MCM you should see a notification scroll by when the reload completes. Check your Papyrus log for entries that include [Unhealthy Craving] and there should be a ton giving you counts and exact form details for each item it adds to every formlist. It does the lists in alphabetical order by filename, and loads the forms in the order they're included in the file, so it should be fairly easy to find the spot where it should be loading your additional forms.

If the form exists but is not the correct type (i.e. you've put a miscitem in a consumable list or whatever) then an error will be logged in Papyrus with details and it will skip that form. Unfortunately, SUP F4SE itself takes care of deciding whether the plugin file and the form within it actually exist at all,and silently skips any which don't, so the only way you can really detect those is by comparing the counts of entries read against the files.

Yes, that's correct. However, looking at your files I think I see the problem. SUP F4SE needs the line to contain only the plugin filename and the relative form ID, with no extraneous content before or after. You've added comments at the ends of the lines, which is going to cause it to try to interpret those as part of the IDs themselves and then skip them because they aren't.

I should probably clarify somewhere that the file "format" there is more of an accident of the side effects for SUP F4SE's parser. It reads through the file expecting to find a list of plugin:form entries separated by a configurable separator byte. I told it to treat the newline character as the separator, so the end result is that it thinks every line in the file will be a plugin:form pair. However, it immediately skips any lines that don't contain a colon character (:), which makes it a convenient way to be able to include comment lines and blank lines in the files. The semicolons I added to the beginning of the existing comment lines are really just decorative, to make it clear to anyone looking at the file that they're comments, there's nothing magic about them.

It's also worth pointing out that if you have a comment line with a colon (:) in it, SUP F4SE will try to look for a file with the same name as whatever part of that line precedes the colon, so it will to a little bit of unnecessary work before realizing the file doesn't exist and silently skipping it. Best to avoid putting colons on comment lines because of that, though in practice they probably won't hurt anything and those files are only ever read each time you load a save or if you manually reload the mod with the debug option in MCM.

Well, I see we are both online at the same time :P

Thanks for very detailed reply! I have actually fixed the issue (despite being fixed, I'm still not done with testing it out).

Today's release was very pleasant surprise, so thank you! By the way, I have a tiny request (again, yeah, I know; but I can't help it). Could you, by any chance, add a configurable hotkey for Score? It's not a huge deal by any means - I just like to have all keys on my KB do something. Just a minor request, whether you'll implement it is totally up to you.

Either way, keep up the great work! It's amazing to see how this mod is evolving, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what more you have to offer! Top job, @vaultbait, keep this up!

1 minute ago, rubber_duck said:

Could you, by any chance, add a configurable hotkey for Score? It's not a huge deal by any means - I just like to have all keys on my KB do something. Just a minor request, whether you'll implement it is totally up to you.

I'll make a note to look into it, but you can have that now by installing FO4 Hotkeys and binding a key to run this console command:

cqf uc_main mcmscore