Incredible mod. Happy to play with this as I'm a huge fan of weight gain and Skyrim's Corruption mod to make myself addicted to food. I'd love an MCM setting to make myself addicted already without the weight gain

I do have a question and an issue though; I wonder to what extent Unhealthy Cravings'weight gain applies to NPCs or followers, because I'd love to watch Piper slowly get bigger and bigger. I used this (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/55908) mod in the past to make her eat and gave her 100 sweet rolls in her inventory. I thgink it did work, but that mod is too clunky for my tastes so I had to remove it. Any alternatives?

And my character doesnt seem to actually do anything when I equip the smartscale item. There's like nothing happening. No idea what causes that or if something is even supposed to happen. Again proper good job on this mod mate

Edited by TripleKnightmare
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, TripleKnightmare said:

I'd love an MCM setting to make myself addicted already without the weight gain

I can add a button to the debug MCM to force add and clear junk food addiction, sure. It would be useful for testing anyway. Though if you're on the thinner side, you'll likely recover from it fairly quickly (it would take at least one game day but maybe not much more).

I do have a question and an issue though; I wonder to what extent Unhealthy Cravings'weight gain applies to NPCs or followers, because I'd love to watch Piper slowly get bigger and bigger. I used this (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/55908) mod in the past to make her eat and gave her 100 sweet rolls in her inventory. I thgink it did work, but that mod is too clunky for my tastes so I had to remove it. Any alternatives?

Since the base game doesn't treat NPC consumption the same as for the player character, I didn't want to add that degree of complexity to UC. Consumption gains are carefully balanced against losses due to activity, and lots of the signals UC relies on to determine activities don't exist for NPCs, so you'd see it heavily imbalanced toward fat gain for them.

Also I'm not sure RMR is any good at independently tracking values for companions, it's definitely not something I've tested anyway. Instead I just use BodyGen to set varied sliders on NPCs, and regenerate them with HBD_MorphDebug if I end up with a companion whose shape isn't quite what I wanted. They do also tend to change a bit over time thanks to Family Planning.

And my character doesnt seem to actually do anything when I equip the smartscale item. There's like nothing happening. No idea what causes that or if something is even supposed to happen.

"Equipping" a smart scale from your inventory is supposed to pop up a messagebox when you close the Pip-Boy, same as the one you get from the MCM button or interacting with a placed smart scale furniture. In the next version I'm planning to make it auto-close the Pip-Boy too so that it will be less confusing.

Dropping it should cause you to throw one onto the ground in front of you, but you need to be facing a flat surface or you'll get an error notification after a second or so when the proxy item for it doesn't come to rest near you. The intended result is a placed smart scale furniture you can interact with.

If any of that's not working as designed, then something is broken with your setup. Checking your Papyrus log for related errors is the next step I recommend in that case.

Edited by vaultbait

I'm getting an issue where I get skinnier the higher the body fat percentage is. i.e Morbidly Obese but physically looking emaciated. Manually inverting each slider doesn't seem to change the outcome after RMR restarts.

5 minutes ago, loopzoob said:

I'm getting an issue where I get skinnier the higher the body fat percentage is. i.e Morbidly Obese but physically looking emaciated. Manually inverting each slider doesn't seem to change the outcome after RMR restarts.

What body replacer do you use (FG, CBBE, ...)? If you use UC's debugging MCM option to force the player to a specific body fat, do you see the body shape change? Does forcing it to a lower body fat make the body look fatter? Or does it just always look skinny? In the RMR slider you configured for the UnhealthyCraving trigger, was "Invert trigger" OFF originally, or ON (you need to make sure that's OFF)?

Ah! Did not realise there was UC Debug tools.

After playing with the Debug:

I'm using CBBE, Fat 0 looks like my Zero sliders Body, Fat 100 looks emaciated and Invert Triggers are all set to OFF

4 minutes ago, loopzoob said:

Ah! Did not realise there was UC Debug tools.

After playing with the Debug:

I'm using CBBE, Fat 0 looks like my Zero sliders Body, Fat 100 looks emaciated and Invert Triggers are all set to OFF

I'm not familiar with CBBE (FG makes this much easier because it has an actual "BodyFat" slider), but do the CBBE slider names you've chosen for it all scale upwards? Another user posted their CBBE slider settings last week, you might try comparing/contrasting your choices against those.

It now works after manually changing the slider sets in game, not sure what was causing the issue since I had to reinstall RDR to 30 sliders to match the other settings. Next step is to try and get RDR Helper to work to get a better body. Thanks for you help.

Sorry for the late reply, been having a blast with this mod. I got rid of the NPC eating mod, so sadly no more gains for Piper. That said;

On 4/22/2024 at 5:26 PM, vaultbait said:

Since the base game doesn't treat NPC consumption the same as for the player character, I didn't want to add that degree of complexity to UC. Consumption gains are carefully balanced against losses due to activity, and lots of the signals UC relies on to determine activities don't exist for NPCs, so you'd see it heavily imbalanced toward fat gain for them.

I would totally be okay with this personally. I enjoy the 'slow burn' of the player character, but having it accelerated for followers would be fine wit hme since I switch out followers often anyway. Maybe with an MCM option you could Set their weight back to normal anyway.

On 4/22/2024 at 5:26 PM, vaultbait said:

I can add a button to the debug MCM to force add and clear junk food addiction, sure. It would be useful for testing anyway. Though if you're on the thinner side, you'll likely recover from it fairly quickly (it would take at least one game day but maybe not much more).

This too would be a feature I'd love to have. Skyrim had a Corruption mod that made addicts eat anything they could find, regardless of player input too. I loved that loss of control vibe, and so far I haven't experienced that here (though I'm only 27% bodyfat lol)

Great mod, great modder, good job king

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, TripleKnightmare said:

Skyrim had a Corruption mod that made addicts eat anything they could find, regardless of player input too. I loved that loss of control vibe, and so far I haven't experienced that here

Not implemented yet, but yes it's planned to be one of the possible effects of letting your desperation get too high (along with other things like consuming extra portions, breakdowns at inconvenient times, etc).

Edited by vaultbait