3 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

Now about recompiling the script - do I need CK or are there alternative ways? I've already installed VS Code extension that supports Papyrus and, if I'm not mistaken, allows me to compile the script.

The VSCode extensions I'm aware of all rely on CK's compiler. Meaning, you can compile from VSC without opening CK, but must have CK installed.

4 hours ago, LenAnderson said:

A way around this, and maybe even opening up the whole categorization of consumables to the user would be to read the form lists from a text file instead of defining them in CK or xEdit.

SUP F4SE has a function ReadFormArrayFromFile(string sFilePath,string sDelim)

Oh, that's a stellar idea. Thanks! I keep forgetting that SUP F4SE is a dependency of RMR now, so I should just take full advantage of it. I'll add that to my TODO list for a near future version once I finish up the other new features I've already got brewing.

47 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

Now about recompiling the script - do I need CK or are there alternative ways? I've already installed VS Code extension that supports Papyrus and, if I'm not mistaken, allows me to compile the script.

Yeah, as mentioned, while you need to install the CK you don't have to use its UI to compile anything. It ships with a command-line compiler (PapyrusCompiler.exe) which is what the CK calls underneath, but can be invoked directly or through integration in editors and IDEs. I use Notepad++ to compile the current scripts, you just need to make sure you have source code for RMR, along with the source stubs from SUP F4SE and F4SE (and be aware that the latest version of F4SE has its stubs packed into the wrong directory so you need to put them into Scripts\Source\User rather than just Scripts\Source). Also if you want to compile the AAF proxy script you'll need AAF's sources installed too, but that shouldn't be strictly necessary if you're only changing UC\Main.psc.

1 hour ago, LenAnderson said:

The VSCode extensions I'm aware of all rely on CK's compiler. Meaning, you can compile from VSC without opening CK, but must have CK installed.

13 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Yeah, as mentioned, while you need to install the CK you don't have to use its UI to compile anything. It ships with a command-line compiler (PapyrusCompiler.exe) which is what the CK calls underneath, but can be invoked directly or through integration in editors and IDEs. I use Notepad++ to compile the current scripts, you just need to make sure you have source code for RMR, along with the source stubs from SUP F4SE and F4SE (and be aware that the latest version of F4SE has its stubs packed into the wrong directory so you need to put them into Scripts\Source\User rather than just Scripts\Source). Also if you want to compile the AAF proxy script you'll need AAF's sources installed too, but that shouldn't be strictly necessary if you're only changing UC\Main.psc.

Sweet! I actually have CK installed, but prefer to do everything in VSC (it's my main tool for literally everything; from simple JS to APIs in .NET).

@vaultbait, does the latest UC/MAIM2 patch (for 1.3.1) contain source scripts? I just want to take a look at the source code.

Also on that note, if I were to recompile UC's Main.psc - what do you mean by make sure to have source code for RMR?

49 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

Sweet! I actually have CK installed, but prefer to do everything in VSC (it's my main tool for literally everything; from simple JS to APIs in .NET).

@vaultbait, does the latest UC/MAIM2 patch (for 1.3.1) contain source scripts? I just want to take a look at the source code.

Also on that note, if I were to recompile UC's Main.psc - what do you mean by make sure to have source code for RMR?

You usually need to have the papyrus source code (or at least the stubs) for any mod you reference available for the compiler to find, otherwise it's going to throw errors at you. RMR comes with the source code so that should be no problem.

1 hour ago, rubber_duck said:

Yes, in fact I'm not even sure if Main.psc can be compiled in the CK GUI any longer since I haven't really found the time to  break it up into smaller scripts (I know there's a linecount or size limit in the CK, I just don't recall what it is).

No, but the only difference from the source  included with 1.3.1 is the code block I quoted in that comment, which I added to the RedoIntegrations() function right between the conditionals for Smoke-able Cigars.esp and Navel Piercing Collection S1.esp.

Yeah, like LenA said, it's included with RMR, I just never can remember which mods install their script source by default as loose files or with a FOMOD installer option or packed inside a BA2... so general disclaimer. ?

59 minutes ago, LenAnderson said:

You usually need to have the papyrus source code (or at least the stubs) for any mod you reference available for the compiler to find, otherwise it's going to throw errors at you. RMR comes with the source code so that should be no problem.

38 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Yes, in fact I'm not even sure if Main.psc can be compiled in the CK GUI any longer since I haven't really found the time to  break it up into smaller scripts (I know there's a linecount or size limit in the CK, I just don't recall what it is).

No, but the only difference from the source  included with 1.3.1 is the code block I quoted in that comment, which I added to the RedoIntegrations() function right between the conditionals for Smoke-able Cigars.esp and Navel Piercing Collection S1.esp.

Yeah, like LenA said, it's included with RMR, I just never can remember which mods install their script source by default as loose files or with a FOMOD installer option or packed inside a BA2... so general disclaimer. ?

Got it, thanks for very useful info!

I won't make any promises, but I'll (hopefully) start messing around with Papyrus later this week as I have a lot of work with other (work-related) projects. When I find some free time I'll invest in Papyrus as I genuinely want to learn it.

On that note, any other tips are welcome! I've read somewhere that Papyrus is similar to Java (in a way, OOP and stuff) so that should make my life easier as I've been coding in Java for quite some time now.

Thanks again for providing valuable info; take care both of you!

18 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

Got it, thanks for very useful info!

I won't make any promises, but I'll (hopefully) start messing around with Papyrus later this week as I have a lot of work with other (work-related) projects. When I find some free time I'll invest in Papyrus as I genuinely want to learn it.

On that note, any other tips are welcome! I've read somewhere that Papyrus is similar to Java (in a way, OOP and stuff) so that should make my life easier as I've been coding in Java for quite some time now.

Thanks again for providing valuable info; take care both of you!

Kinggath and Seddon have some good video tutorials about scripting if you have time to watch and are better at learning that way. I mostly just lean on the script object/method pages in the CK wiki though (its keyword search isn't terrible), take advantage of the fact that a lot of great mod authors also ship source code (I try to think about whether what I'm doing might be similar to something in a mod I'm familiar with and then figure out how they did it), and ask hard questions in the FO4 CK General Help Thread here on LL.

Are there any plans for triggering consumption automatically (not on 1.3 yet, so if you already have this, ignore this!).

I know in Skyrim both Milk Mod and Skooma Whore have a function where addiction levels will auto consume items in the inventory (or force buy items from vendors and eat them). There is an autoconsume mod on the nexus - https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/40424 that uses keywords and others that use formlists, but it would be fun to see a spiralling problem - as addiction bites, you eat anything you encounter, causing more problems....

10 hours ago, Nuka Cherry said:

Are there any plans for triggering consumption automatically (not on 1.3 yet, so if you already have this, ignore this!).

I know in Skyrim both Milk Mod and Skooma Whore have a function where addiction levels will auto consume items in the inventory (or force buy items from vendors and eat them). There is an autoconsume mod on the nexus - https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/40424 that uses keywords and others that use formlists, but it would be fun to see a spiralling problem - as addiction bites, you eat anything you encounter, causing more problems....

Plans yes, that's one of the things I intend withdrawal to trigger. I've got some of the necessary mechanism for it built in what will become 1.4.0, there's a craving vector which increases the longer you go without some sort of release (impacted by body fat and also Sex Attributes' willpower stat if you have that installed), thought right now the only way to sate it is to manually eat junk food. The roadmap for it in my head, though, is that you'll be battling irresistible urges to eat extra portions, eat things from your inventory uncontrollably, and even eat things from your surroundings (possibly owned things too, which could get you in a lot of trouble), but you can fight those urges through other unhealthy outlets like self harm (cutting or burning yourself), participating in aggressive sex scenes, being hit by melee attacks, abusing drugs/alcohol, and so on. All that's still to be developed and will probably wait for 1.5.0 or later.

In addition to the basic craving mechanic, other things already built which will definitely be in 1.4.0 are a power armor blocker when you're too fat to squeeze into the suit, an integration with the Get Dirty mod where you can gain some radiation resistance (and avoid radiation damage from GD's hardcore mode) when you're overweight and filthy, and a detector where you can smell nearby junk food items when your addiction is active (doesn't find things in containers yet but that's in progress, and this is also a necessary component for the future withdrawal effect where you might automatically eat things in your immediate vicinity). Also as requested, I'll work on taking advantage of SUP F4SE's functionality for reading form IDs from a text file and switch a lot of the basic formlists over to that so users can adjust and extend them without needing to mess with editing plugins or compiling scripts, hoping that will land in 1.4.0 too.

[Bug?]

I might've broken something... It impacts the gameplay experience, but not by a lot.

I visited Revere Satellite Array and eliminated hostiles (Mutants) there. At the end of the fight, I received a notification about burned fat (I've enabled messages in MCM), so that was expected. However, I then went to that one Power Armor Frame at the top of one of the satellites and entered it. Immediately after entering it, I exited it (I did this primarily to mark that PA on my map). After exiting the said PA, I can no longer burn fat by jumping.

Prior to all this, whenever I jumped I burned 0.10% of fat (at least that's what the notification reported every time I jumped), but now that doesn't happen anymore. I can still burn and gain fat (chems, sleeping, time, etc.), but the jump doesn't do anything anymore.

Regarding PA, I have only 2 other mods installed: Power Armor Is A Privilege and Provocative Perks.

I don't think PAIAP is responsible as it only changes some stats regarding PA.

PP, on the other hand, could be responsible as I added USB Type-V perk from it. I actually entered the PA twice - first time normally (by mistake), and 2nd time with PP alteration (perk enabled).

Edit #2:

Forgot to mention it... I've finished the Museum quest at the beginning of the game and used PA on the roof. After entering and exiting that PA with PP perk enabled, the jump burned fat normally. Don't know what happened with the other PA I entered. I'll try disabling and then enabling UC messages in MCM, though I don't think that'll do anything.

Any help on this?

Edited by rubber_duck
Edit #2

Hello. First I want to congratulate you on the mod, I find it very interesting.
I would like to ask about possible incompatibilities.
There is a mod called weightgainmod by coldstellj on deviantart. Do you think there is any incompatibility between the two?
Both mods sound great and I would like to be able to use them together.

https://www.deviantart.com/coldsteelj/art/Fallout-4-WeightGain-mod-ssbbw-730902010

30 minutes ago, kaoszombber said:

There is a mod called weightgainmod by coldstellj on deviantart. Do you think there is any incompatibility between the two?

https://www.deviantart.com/coldsteelj/art/Fallout-4-WeightGain-mod-ssbbw-730902010

That mod is limited body/outfit wise.

Plus, that guy is not the most helpful with support...

19 minutes ago, ebbluminous said:

Plus, that guy is not the most helpful with support...

You weren't kidding. Just some of their comments on the weight gain mod...

People aren't interested in donating for this progect, so maybe it willn't be available at all. 

Of course I am withholding it. I started this project and waisted 9 days on it in the hope of getting money. 

I am hoping to receive $300 USD

This mod will be shared as soon as donation fund reaches $300 USD

22 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

[Bug?]

I might've broken something... It impacts the gameplay experience, but not by a lot.

I visited Revere Satellite Array and eliminated hostiles (Mutants) there. At the end of the fight, I received a notification about burned fat (I've enabled messages in MCM), so that was expected. However, I then went to that one Power Armor Frame at the top of one of the satellites and entered it. Immediately after entering it, I exited it (I did this primarily to mark that PA on my map). After exiting the said PA, I can no longer burn fat by jumping.

Prior to all this, whenever I jumped I burned 0.10% of fat (at least that's what the notification reported every time I jumped), but now that doesn't happen anymore. I can still burn and gain fat (chems, sleeping, time, etc.), but the jump doesn't do anything anymore.

Regarding PA, I have only 2 other mods installed: Power Armor Is A Privilege and Provocative Perks.

PP, on the other hand, could be responsible as I added USB Type-V perk from it. I actually entered the PA twice - first time normally (by mistake), and 2nd time with PP alteration (perk enabled).

Edit #2:

Forgot to mention it... I've finished the Museum quest at the beginning of the game and used PA on the roof. After entering and exiting that PA with PP perk enabled, the jump burned fat normally. Don't know what happened with the other PA I entered. I'll try disabling and then enabling UC messages in MCM, though I don't think that'll do anything.

Any help on this?

That's definitely an interesting behavior. On the surface, I can't imagine why it might happen. At least in 1.3.1 the only interaction with power armor is that the mod periodically calls Player.IsInPowerArmor() and then doesn't apply the periodic fat burn from normal metabolism (your metabolism is basically zeroed while in power armor but returns to normal if you're not wearing it). That check doesn't come into play for fat burn from jumping, which relies on animation change events to detect each jump up.

I'm not in a position to be able to try recreating the problem for the next few days, but suppose it's possible wearing/exiting power armor caused the  animation event to come unregistered from the script somehow. It will definitely require further investigation. Thanks for reporting it!

17 hours ago, kaoszombber said:

You could probably use them together, but I haven't tried. I like the idea of that mod, but don't want to be stuck relying on a custom body and custom clothing conversions (for example, when I first wanted to use it a few years ago it wouldn't work with the pregnancy morphing in Family Planning). I asked the author whether they would consider making it work with arbitrary body replacers, but they said they weren't interested in doing so.

15 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

That's definitely an interesting behavior. On the surface, I can't imagine why it might happen. At least in 1.3.1 the only interaction with power armor is that the mod periodically calls Player.IsInPowerArmor() and then doesn't apply the periodic fat burn from normal metabolism (your metabolism is basically zeroed while in power armor but returns to normal if you're not wearing it). That check doesn't come into play for fat burn from jumping, which relies on animation change events to detect each jump up.

I'm not in a position to be able to try recreating the problem for the next few days, but suppose it's possible wearing/exiting power armor caused the  animation event to come unregistered from the script somehow. It will definitely require further investigation. Thanks for reporting it!

I appreciate it!

You mentioned animation - PAIAP alters that! It gets rid of the slow PA enter animation and makes all entries fast (like when entering PA in combat). I assume that could mean something or at least point you to the right direction.

On 12/21/2022 at 4:29 PM, rubber_duck said:

[Bug?]

Edit #2:

Any help on this?

[Update #1]

Started a new save, jumping burn simply doesn't work. However this time, upon operating PA, I'd receive message saying that UC didn't change anything (that has to be metabolism == 0; just like you mentioned). When I'm not operating PA, UC works normally - both morphs and perks are fully functional! The only thing that isn't working is functionality to burn fat when jumping.

[Update #2]

Okay... I don't know how, but I broke it even more. Seems like metabolism is completely bugged for me. I can still gain/burn weight by consuming various items, but the mod won't update itself after 60 in-game minutes (by default this value is 30). It's not that it straight up doesn't update - it's rather inconsistent (script lag?).

Any chance of adding Reset/Refresh function that allows users to restart the scripts?

I loaded up the game and immediately upon loading I received a notification about burned fat (this is expected as it happens every time I load the game). However, upon roaming around for around 3 game hours, I received no further burned fat notifications. It's like they stopped working altogether.

I genuinely have no idea what's going on here. Like I said in Update #1, I started a new save yesterday. I experienced the issue with jumping on my previous save and it looks like it got carried over to my new save. Is there anything I can do? Also, I trimmed down my load order and the game loads and runs faster than on my old save (though that's probably because I removed Zombie Walkers).

Edited by rubber_duck
Update #2
14 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

[Update #1]

Started a new save, jumping burn simply doesn't work. However this time, upon operating PA, I'd receive message saying that UC didn't change anything (that has to be metabolism == 0; just like you mentioned). When I'm not operating PA, UC works normally - both morphs and perks are fully functional! The only thing that isn't working is functionality to burn fat when jumping.

[Update #2]

Okay... I don't know how, but I broke it even more. Seems like metabolism is completely bugged for me. I can still gain/burn weight by consuming various items, but the mod won't update itself after 60 in-game minutes (by default this value is 30). It's not that it straight up doesn't update - it's rather inconsistent (script lag?).

Any chance of adding Reset/Refresh function that allows users to restart the scripts?

I loaded up the game and immediately upon loading I received a notification about burned fat (this is expected as it happens every time I load the game). However, upon roaming around for around 3 game hours, I received no further burned fat notifications. It's like they stopped working altogether.

I genuinely have no idea what's going on here. Like I said in Update #1, I started a new save yesterday. I experienced the issue with jumping on my previous save and it looks like it got carried over to my new save. Is there anything I can do? Also, I trimmed down my load order and the game loads and runs faster than on my old save (though that's probably because I removed Zombie Walkers).

I won't be around a computer where I can test it out until at least probably Thursday, but check your Papyrus log for any entries containing "uc:" or "uc_" since those are likely to appear in the stack traces for script errors. Jumping is supposed to be detected by an OnAnimationEvent for jumpUp, so it's possible something has caused the UC:Main quest script to get unregistered for that somehow. If you're not seeing periodic fat burn happen when outside power armor, then it may mean the game timer for periodic tasks has gotten stopped somehow or is in some kind of deadlock. Hopefully logs will provide a clue.

Edit: Oh, as for stopping/starting things, pull up the console and use the stopquest uc_main and startquest uc_main commands, possibly with a bit of a wait and perhaps a save/load cycle between them just to be sure.

Edited by vaultbait
10 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I won't be around a computer where I can test it out until at least probably Thursday, but check your Papyrus log for any entries containing "uc:" or "uc_" since those are likely to appear in the stack traces for script errors. Jumping is supposed to be detected by an OnAnimationEvent for jumpUp, so it's possible something has caused the UC:Main quest script to get unregistered for that somehow. If you're not seeing periodic fat burn happen when outside power armor, then it may mean the game timer for periodic tasks has gotten stopped somehow or is in some kind of deadlock. Hopefully logs will provide a clue.

Edit: Oh, as for stopping/starting things, pull up the console and use the stopquest uc_main and startquest uc_main commands, possibly with a bit of a wait and perhaps a save/load cycle between them just to be sure.

Tell you what, I'll do the following:

1) Load save, play for a bit (roam around the map for at least 60 game minutes because that's the time I set in UC MCM).

2) Disable UC Main quest and wait a few real-world minutes.

3) Save game and then load it again.

4) Wait a few more real-world minutes, then enable UC Main quest and wait some more.

5) Roam around some more (again, for at least 60 game minutes).

I've enabled logging and when I'm done with those 5 steps I'll have the log. Finally, I'll send it here so hopefully we can work something out. I'm genuinely curious as I have no idea what went wrong here (though the more I think about it, it seems that PAIAP is to blame here... not entirely sure, mind you).

Talk soon! Happy Holidays!

Edited by rubber_duck
11 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

Tell you what, I'll do the following:

1) Load save, play for a bit (roam around the map for at least 60 game minutes because that's the time I set in UC MCM).

2) Disable UC Main quest and wait a few real-world minutes.

3) Save game and then load it again.

4) Wait a few more real-world minutes, then enable UC Main quest and wait some more.

5) Roam around some more (again, for at least 60 game minutes).

I've enabled logging and when I'm done with those 5 steps I'll have the log. Finally, I'll send it here so hopefully we can work something out. I'm genuinely curious as I have no idea what went wrong here (though the more I think about it, it seems that PAIAP is to blame here... not entirely sure, mind you).

Talk soon! Happy Holidays!

[Log obtained]

I've done the 5 steps I mentioned and so far everything appears to be working properly! Check the attached Papyrus log.

Basically, after loading the game the metabolism was working as expected. Surely, jump fat burn didn't work, but periodical fat burn did. I was very surprised by that! Anyways, after stopping the UC Main quest (stopquest uc_main), waiting a bit, then saving and loading the game, and finally, starting the UC Main quest again (startquest uc_main) - the issues appear to be solved!

What I mean by that is I can burn fat by jumping (the original issue I experienced) and periodic fat burn works as well (though again, I'm not 100% sure if it was broken in the first place).

I still have to play the game and see if it's fully fixed (just to be sure, but it appears to be!). The only downside to this is that the mod (UC) is now completely reset - my character is Emaciated, but that's not a huge deal as I don't mind getting fat again.

Either way, I'm still not 100% sure what happened that caused the issue in the first place. Sadly, I have since deleted the save (previous character) where I originally experienced the issue. Hopefully this log helps you in some way!

Take care and happy Holidays!

Papyrus.0.log

Edited by rubber_duck

[Update 3; New save]

Sorry to be bothering again, just came to report that the issue with PA and jump fat burn happened again.

On this save, I removed every single PA-related mod so there's nothing that could cause it. However, I still selected that PA perk from Provocative Perks.

Periodic fat burn (metabolism) still works, and UC appears to be working properly as all the items recognized by it are modifying fat. It's just that after using PA I can no longer burn weight by jumping.

Some detailed description:

Spoiler

It happened immediately upon entering that PA at the Museum in Concord.

During the fight with raiders while in PA I noticed 'UC: changed nothing' notification; that has to be the expected and correct behavior as while player operates PA, metabolism == 0.

After I exited it, jump fat burn stopped working.

To potentially fix this, I tried the following:

- enter and exit PA

- enter and exit PA with Provocative Perks (PP's PA perk)

- removed the FC from PA to trigger the animation of inserting FC, then entering and exiting PA

- removed the FC from PA to trigger the animation of inserting FC, then entering and exiting PA with Provocative Perks

Unfortunately, none of these potential fixes worked. It seems like UC is stuck regarding jumping.

Worth mentioning is that when I first used PA, I did jump a few times with it. Each time I jumped while operating PA I did not get UC's notification (for adjusting body fat) - is this expected or not?

I would help you if I only knew how, but I don't. It seems like the logic gets messed up, for some reason.

Don't know if this helps.

Oh, and I'm not removing UC anytime soon! I truly hope you'll be able to recreate and fix the issue as it's literally the one and only downside to this mod (that I've found).

One more thing!

Regarding Cereal Killer - I'm consuming Sugar Bombs quite regularly, but never get anything. Cereal Killer is enabled in MCM, but do I have to be addicted in order to get something (because at the moment I'm not) or is it related to Luck (my luck is currently 1)?

It'd be really great if there was a slider in MCM to configure the chances for Cereal Killer event (get something when you eat) as well as Foodgasm (on my previous save I was addicted but despite always consuming junk food, I never experienced it).

Take care and keep up the great work!

5 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

[Update 3; New save]

Sorry to be bothering again, just came to report that the issue with PA and jump fat burn happened again.

Not a bother at all, thanks for all the extra testing and details! I'm hoping I'll have a chance to replicate the issue tomorrow, odds are it's a fairly straightforward bug I simply didn't find in playtesting since I don't play much with PA to begin with therefore probably didn't exercise some things as thoroughly as I should have for it.

Regarding Cereal Killer - I'm consuming Sugar Bombs quite regularly, but never get anything. Cereal Killer is enabled in MCM, but do I have to be addicted in order to get something (because at the moment I'm not) or is it related to Luck (my luck is currently 1)?

You don't have to be addicted, there's a flat 50% chance to at least find something in every box of Sugar Bombs (both clean/pre-war and normal/dirty boxes), though it'll usually be worthless "junk" toys like wooden blocks or a toy car or a souvenir magnet if you have the Nuka World DLC installed, etc (the idea of basing the more rare rewards off the player's luck stat is an interesting idea I hadn't considered, but will look at adding it). The quest property used for the MCM toggle defaults to True, so unless you explicitly turned it off that much should be happening. It's possible whatever's crashed the quest script's timer and animation event handling is impacting that feature too, it's hard to say until I track it down.

Is it possible you have a mod which adds additional kinds of Sugar Bombs or something? Maybe it's as simple as the items you're consuming aren't the vanilla game consumable IDs.

It'd be really great if there was a slider in MCM to configure the chances for Cereal Killer event (get something when you eat) as well as Foodgasm (on my previous save I was addicted but despite always consuming junk food, I never experienced it).

I'm intending to add a lot of tunables to MCM once I'm happy with the base chances and ratios for things. The main quest script is marked up with a ton of TODO comments flagging stuff which should probably become MCM options in the future. The danger is that once I expose those in MCM, it becomes painful for users if I then adjust the functions in ways which make those values no longer mean what they once did so I'm trying to keep that sort of churn to a minimum.