2 hours ago, deathmorph said:

I'll probably install Better Living Through Chemistry now. Is sperm already included in the list as a “fattening maker”?

Not by UC directly, but you can add it pretty easily either by editing the included TXT files or using RobCo Patcher.

My other mod, Milking Human Kindness, makes BLTC cum from super mutants, FEV hounds, and behemoths fattening in UC by using the RobCo Patcher approach, so that it won't conflict with user edits to UC's TXT files.

4 hours ago, deathmorph said:

Do you please have a hint for me as to where exactly I have to enter what? I would like to do this via the text file.

The short answer is you want to edit Data\UC\FatGainItems.txt in a text editor like Notepad. Add the colon-separated plugin name and abbreviated form ID pairs for whatever you want to be treated as fat gain items, one pair per line with nothing before or after them on the line, like this (you can put comments on separate lines to help remember what they're for, just don't try to add comments on the same lines as the IDs themselves):

; BLTC_CumFood
BetterLivingThroughCumistry.esp:000801

Note that I only included the last 6 hexadecimal digits of the form ID in that example, there's no need to add the first two digits which denote the plugin index. You can similarly remove existing entries from that file for things you don't want UC to treat as fat gain items, it's there to be edited so you can adjust the experience to suit your playstyle.

If you have the BLTC feature for satisfying hunger turned on, that example is for the potion it feeds you to accomplish that. If you want to get more fine-grained treating some creatures' cum as fat gain items, then you can use the help command in the console or a tool like FO4Edit/zEdit or the CK to look up the individual potions BLTC uses for different races. You could even add some of them to the FatLossItems.txt file if you wanted some creature cum to help you burn a little fat, or JunkFoodItems.txt if you want to treat it as junk food.

keep in mind that the BLTC_CumFood item is, by default, treated as "food" by UC because it has the ObjectTypeFood keyword. Its normal fat gain is calculated from its 20 caps base value and weight of 0.5, so putting it in the fat gain items list overrides that and treats it as a fat gain chem instead.

Edited by vaultbait

@vaultbait I'm not entirely sure I understood the functionality correctly. In UC, sex is linked to fat loss. Well so far. This means that if vaginal and anal sex takes place, then only fat loss is acute. However, if oral sex takes place, the fat gain is offset against the fat loss. Okay, that would be logical.

And if only sperm from the test tube is consumed, then only fat gain occurs and no fat loss. Since no sex ever takes place.

Have I understood that correctly? And that's how it works if I enter the value you mentioned into FatGainItems.txt?

PS:

I find the FormID 000801 here: HardCorePlayerSleepKeyword [KYWD:00000801] in the Fallout4.esm. Unfortunately I don't understand anything anymore. I thought I need to search values in the BetterLivingThroughCumistry.esp?

Edited by deathmorph
On 10/4/2023 at 9:23 PM, deathmorph said:

@vaultbait I'm not entirely sure I understood the functionality correctly. In UC, sex is linked to fat loss. Well so far. This means that if vaginal and anal sex takes place, then only fat loss is acute. However, if oral sex takes place, the fat gain is offset against the fat loss. Okay, that would be logical.

And if only sperm from the test tube is consumed, then only fat gain occurs and no fat loss. Since no sex ever takes place.

Have I understood that correctly? And that's how it works if I enter the value you mentioned into FatGainItems.txt?

Yes, fat burn from sexual activity is handled entirely differently than fat gain from consuming things. UC listens to AAF events for starting and stopping sex scenes involving the player, then calculates how much game time was spent having sex in that scene and burns an appropriate amount of fat, same as if the player were using exercise equipment or swimming for that duration.

On 10/4/2023 at 9:23 PM, deathmorph said:

I find the FormID 000801 here: HardCorePlayerSleepKeyword [KYWD:00000801] in the Fallout4.esm. Unfortunately I don't understand anything anymore. I thought I need to search values in the BetterLivingThroughCumistry.esp?

FormID 0x00000801 is Fallout4.esm:000801 which is HardCorePlayerSleepKeyword, but in FatGainItems.txt you're putting in BetterLivingThroughCumistry.esp:000801 which is a different FormID completely (in the game it's XX000801 where XX is the two hexadecimal digits of BetterLivingThroughCumistry.esp in the plugin index).

33 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

FormID 0x00000801 is Fallout4.esm:000801 which is HardCorePlayerSleepKeyword, but in FatGainItems.txt you're putting in BetterLivingThroughCumistry.esp:000801 which is a different FormID completely (in the game it's XX000801 where XX is the two hexadecimal digits of BetterLivingThroughCumistry.esp in the plugin index).

Ah okay. Does the value with 6 digits take over all the required data or do I have to put the XX in front of each value?

On 10/5/2023 at 10:16 PM, deathmorph said:

Ah okay. Does the value with 6 digits take over all the required data or do I have to put the XX in front of each value?

You put the plugin filename in front, followed by a colon (:) and then the "last" six hex digits for the form ID within that plugin. The plugin filename is what tells it which plugin index to prefix in memory, so no "XX" there, I simply used it for demonstrative purposes in case you're referencing a form in the in-game console.

15 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

You put the plugin filename in front, followed by a colon (:) and then the "last" six hex digits for the form ID within that plugin. The plugin filename is what tells it which plugin index to prefix in memory, so no "XX" there, I simply used it for demonstrative purposes in case you're referencing a form in the in-game console.

I'm sorry for bothering you for so long. I'm still far too stupid for things like that.
I now understand that I have to register the plugin. But you've already done that in the example. Now I have to insert the ID of the plugin. Is that this ID and the last 6 digits of it?

image.png.219269a1e5fdac2feba4fb37ef107df1.png

16 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

I'm sorry for bothering you for so long. I'm still far too stupid for things like that.
I now understand that I have to register the plugin. But you've already done that in the example. Now I have to insert the ID of the plugin. Is that this ID and the last 6 digits of it?

image.png.219269a1e5fdac2feba4fb37ef107df1.png

I think you're looking at the plugin header there. You need to use the filename of the plugin and then the last six hex digits of whatever consumable item from that plugin you want treated as a fat gain item. In the example I quoted earlier, 000801 is the form ID within that plugin for the ALCH record (also known as a potion, consumable, or ingestible) of the BLTC_CumFood item.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

I think you're looking at the plugin header there. You need to use the filename of the plugin and then the last six hex digits of whatever consumable item from that plugin you want treated as a fat gain item. ...

Okay, that would probably be everything that is referred to as cum. and the associated FormID.

image.png.ebaa0cb522b4527a37b3e6813337455a.png

The example entry would then be:

BetterLivingThroughCumistry.esp:007A52

And then repeats “cum” for everyone.
Did I understand that correctly?

The example entry from you above (BetterLivingThroughCumistry.esp:000801), will it remain or will it be replaced by my entries?

PS: Something like that?

Spoiler

image.png.3afcde88787ab7986f64865dd0bc4f3c.png

Edited by deathmorph

My actress is addicted to junk food. Nearby food is displayed, as it should. However, the addiction is no longer displayed in the status. Not even after a restart.
Does this indicate a problem?

PS: Now the message is back in the status. Is it possible that the message goes away once you've eaten enough junk food? So it's not a bug, but a feature?
Of course that would be nice and I could play accordingly. Until later this feature is supplemented by compulsion and penalties by you.

Okay, yes, it seems so. It would be nice if the ad for junk food nearby only appeared when the addiction indicator was back in the status. Then it would be easier to integrate into the game.

Edited by deathmorph
22 hours ago, deathmorph said:

Okay, that would probably be everything that is referred to as cum. and the associated FormID.

image.png.ebaa0cb522b4527a37b3e6813337455a.png

The example entry would then be:

BetterLivingThroughCumistry.esp:007A52

And then repeats “cum” for everyone.
Did I understand that correctly?

The example entry from you above (BetterLivingThroughCumistry.esp:000801), will it remain or will it be replaced by my entries?

PS: Something like that?

Hide contents

image.png.3afcde88787ab7986f64865dd0bc4f3c.png

Yes, that will work. Keep in mind that BLTC will potentially equip several consumables when you ingest cum (one to satisfy hunger, one to satisfy thirst, and one to add the race-specific effects). As a result, you may end up with multiple hits to fat gain if you include all of them.

You can temporarily turn on detailed notifications in the UC's debugging page in MCM to see what is causing you to gain or burn fat, which is often useful when adjusting those lists.

1 hour ago, deathmorph said:

My actress is addicted to junk food. Nearby food is displayed, as it should. However, the addiction is no longer displayed in the status. Not even after a restart.
Does this indicate a problem?

PS: Now the message is back in the status. Is it possible that the message goes away once you've eaten enough junk food? So it's not a bug, but a feature?
Of course that would be nice and I could play accordingly. Until later this feature is supplemented by compulsion and penalties by you.

Okay, yes, it seems so. It would be nice if the ad for junk food nearby only appeared when the addiction indicator was back in the status. Then it would be easier to integrate into the game.

Correct, that "radar" is a persistent benefit of being addicted to junk food, regardless of whether you're suffering from an immediate craving. Cravings are indicated in your condition display and should clear for a while if you indulge in some junk food. In future versions, cravings will come with negative effects and compulsive behaviors the longer you let them go.

If you only want to be notified of nearby junk food when you're having a craving, I can add an MCM toggle for that when I start working on the next version.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

In future versions, cravings will come with negative effects and compulsive behaviors the longer you let them go.

If you only want to be notified of nearby junk food when you're having a craving, I can add an MCM toggle for that when I start working on the next version.

I can hardly wait and am looking forward to it.
And thank you for the explanations.

11 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Is there a possibility of bringing this as an advance update?

I just acquired the piggy perk to find the scientist in the glowing sea. I had never tried it like that before. I'm curious.

3 hours ago, deathmorph said:

Is there a possibility of bringing this as an advance update?

I just acquired the piggy perk to find the scientist in the glowing sea. I had never tried it like that before. I'm curious.

Were those two thoughts related? I'm not sure how using Filthy Piggy in the Glowing Sea is connected to junk food cravings.

If you're asking for a patch to only get junk food radar when you have a craving, you can install this for now (tell your mod manager to overwrite the two conflicting files from UC). Make sure you uninstall this when upgrading to the next release, the feature will be included then anyway (and I'll add an MCM option to get the old behavior back for people who don't like the change, but I agree it's a good addition).

Unhealthy Craving 1.7.1 Craving Radar Patch.7z

22 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Were those two thoughts related? I'm not sure how using Filthy Piggy in the Glowing Sea is connected to junk food cravings.

No, one had nothing to do with the other.
And thank you for the patch. I'll remember to uninstall this before the next update.

Short feedback: Patch works great. Thanks again.

With the current mod status, I play in such a way that the actress eats all the fast food she can find as soon as the message comes. The rest goes into inventory as soon as the message stops coming.

An idea that would be helpful at the moment is a short message in the game if the addiction gets out of hand again. So that you can help yourself to fast food from the inventory. Otherwise you will only notice the addiction again when you either look in your inventory or a message appears. Of course, the message could keep coming as long as there is fast food in the inventory.

But I suspect that you will somehow solve this in future versions through different processes.

But what I noticed: the orgasm from fast food was also supposed to give opponents the opportunity to have sex with the actress. In my opinion, the current orgasm is far too short for that. If there could be a check to see if enemies or other NPCs are nearby - maybe like in provocative perks? Or simply a longer orgasm and when opponents notice it, transition into Violate?

edit//

I still have an idea for the addiction
If the addiction occurs, one of the items in the inventory could automatically be eaten, which would initially satisfy the addiction. Then the player wouldn't have to worry about it
And the negative consequences begin automatically when the player no longer has any junk food in their inventory - withdrawal

Edited by deathmorph
17 hours ago, deathmorph said:

Short feedback: Patch works great. Thanks again.

Excellent! I must confess, I didn't have time to test it yet, real life has been getting in the way lately, so thanks for confirming.

With the current mod status, I play in such a way that the actress eats all the fast food she can find as soon as the message comes. The rest goes into inventory as soon as the message stops coming.

An idea that would be helpful at the moment is a short message in the game if the addiction gets out of hand again. So that you can help yourself to fast food from the inventory. Otherwise you will only notice the addiction again when you either look in your inventory or a message appears. Of course, the message could keep coming as long as there is fast food in the inventory.

I don't want to spam the player with notifications. Too many mods do, and it annoys me when there are so many that it takes a minute or more for them all to scroll by after a brief UI pause from a sex scene or something. I'll add one when the craving starts though, that seems like a good compromise.

But I suspect that you will somehow solve this in future versions through different processes.

Yes, if you "weigh" yourself with a smart scale (or use the button in MCM or a hotkey) when you've become addicted to junk food, you'll see that there is a craving strength and a desperation score. Cravings start out mild, and once they reach their peak, desperation sets in and begins increasing. I've planned that the player will start to automatically consume items from their inventory or nearby, or eat extra portions beyond what you've selected, as well as other more detrimental effects. There will also be a variety of ways to reduce or stave off the adverse effects of cravings if you want to try to overcome your addiction, or when you simply find yourself without the means to indulge it for a prolonged period.

But what I noticed: the orgasm from fast food was also supposed to give opponents the opportunity to have sex with the actress. In my opinion, the current orgasm is far too short for that. If there could be a check to see if enemies or other NPCs are nearby - maybe like in provocative perks? Or simply a longer orgasm and when opponents notice it, transition into Violate?

Foodgasms simply alert nearby hostiles to your presence, nothing more. It's meant to pose a risk for when you're exploring, you have to decide between having a snack and possibly causing a horde of ferals or mirelurks or whatever to discover you're in the next room. Right now it's a single event with sound level 100 (maximum), but I could increase that to multiple events a fraction of a second apart (for the Exhibitionist's legendary Killgasm effect in Milking Human Kindness, the orgasm is accompanied by three such detection events over a one-second span).

This will begin to pose more of a problem once cravings can result in compulsive/excessive eating. I really don't want to add a harassment-style approach system to this mod, there's a lot of fragile complexity to getting those right and they can also interfere badly with other mods, so I'd rather spend what available time I have focusing on features you can't already get with other mods.

I still have an idea for the addiction
If the addiction occurs, one of the items in the inventory could automatically be eaten, which would initially satisfy the addiction. Then the player wouldn't have to worry about it
And the negative consequences begin automatically when the player no longer has any junk food in their inventory - withdrawal

Yes, as mentioned above, that's one of the effects I've already planned, but there will be more besides just that.

Edited by vaultbait
2 hours ago, deathmorph said:

That sounds very interesting, this component of the mod has great tactical importance for me.

Okay, sounds plausible. This is already included? Because so far no enemy has ever noticed me because of a foodgasm.

It is, but since I implemented a similar feature with MHK;s Exhibitionist "killgasms" I observed in testing that a single detection event is usually only enough to switch nearby hostiles from oblivious to searching, and it takes multiple detection events for them to become fully aware of the player, so there I used three events instead of just one. I've already put it on my to do list for UC to do something similar to increase the danger, and also look into stunning the player briefly after the havok push to knock them down, if I can figure that out.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

Does UC detect Wasteland Eggspansion pregnancies? And if not... could it? :)

It would probably need some adjustments to the script, unless WE applies a magic effect or a perk during pregnancy, in which case you could just add the form ID for that to FatGainEffects.txt or FatGainPerks.txt accordingly.

If it uses a faction, like FPE(R), I would probably add a new FatGainFactions.txt list and replace the hard-coded FPFP_Preggo faction checks for the UpdateValue function in UC/Main.psc. Skimming the existing implementation, it looks like I also avoid treating the player as pregnant until the FPFP_Abort quest starts in order not to give away the surprise, but really the only way you're going to notice that is if you've enabled the debug notifications in MCM anyway, so maybe I'd just dispense with that additional check entirely for consistency.

55 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

It would probably need some adjustments to the script, unless WE applies a magic effect or a perk during pregnancy, in which case you could just add the form ID for that to FatGainEffects.txt or FatGainPerks.txt accordingly.

If it uses a faction, like FPE(R), I would probably add a new FatGainFactions.txt list and replace the hard-coded FPFP_Preggo faction checks for the UpdateValue function in UC/Main.psc. Skimming the existing implementation, it looks like I also avoid treating the player as pregnant until the FPFP_Abort quest starts in order not to give away the surprise, but really the only way you're going to notice that is if you've enabled the debug notifications in MCM anyway, so maybe I'd just dispense with that additional check entirely for consistency.

I didn't realize there were text files I could edit, that's awesome, thanks! It does seem that WE uses perks. I'll try adding the formid to FatGainPerks and see if it works.

• 3 weeks later...

I was about to complain about the rad morph dependency and ask you why not just apply the morphs in your mod but i was agreeably surprised to see that rad morph redux only has the name left (i don't want radiation to trigger morphing).
Can you post the settings you are using ? what sliders work best for you (if you are still using FG ofc) and do i leave "additive morphing limit" at 0 or should i set a higher number.
Also, can we add a KW to an outfit so that it doesn't get removed/destroyed ? like a XXXL hawaiian shirt ?.