2 hours ago, deathmorph said:

Does the weight gain occur progressively over a period of time, or as a one-off after each meal?

From UC's perspective it's an immediate increase each time you eat, drink, sleep, whatever, though by default with RMR there's an inbuilt delay for updating the body morphs because it batches them up to improve performance.

It was far easier to code it this way and also more efficient from a script load standpoint, instead of trying to track various target increases/decreases and perform near-constant microadjustments. The amounts you gain or lose from these actions, by default, are sufficiently small that you should see very gradual changes in the body shape anyway.

5 hours ago, deathmorph said:

Does this perk affect the food in the mod?

image.png.f3dbc3981da7e9de09477c808b6b0e47.png

It has no effect on the sale value nor carried weight of food items that I can tell, so shouldn't change how UC treats them from a fat gain perspective. The additional recipes that perk unlocks should still follow the same rules as other normal food items.

5 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

I'm actually finding it rather difficult to gain weight lol. I'm using a needs mod to require that I eat, drink, and sleep regularly, but I still can't seem to stay over 10% for very long. Maybe I need to take more damage to force me to use more stimpaks lol

I tuned it playing with AN76 and have the eat/drink times set to the longest possible duration. If you only eat/drink when required and stick to normal food and purified water and spend a fair amount of time in combat or sex scenes or running/sprinting/swimming, you'll steadily lose weight, also frequent smoking will contribute to fat loss. If you consume junk food, drink alcohol, or rely on drugs that cause fat gain, or eat more often than required then you'll pack on fat pretty steadily.

If you want to simply make it easier to gain weight, slightly reduce the metabolism slider in the Settings page of UC's MCM (even very small relative adjustments will have a considerable impact over time).

As work on this mod continues, there will be mechanisms which give you more reasons/compulsions to eat, particularly if suffering from a junk food craving, and that's going to make it harder to stay thin if you're not careful to keep it in check.

11 hours ago, deathmorph said:

After a game restart, UC sets itself to emaciated. I would like to start with Fit. Can I somehow change this in the console? /done, MCM

When I get time I'll write up an FAQ entry. The challenge is that there's no one good choice since it's hard to know at what point in their playthrough the user will install the mod. My very loose head canon decision there was that after two centuries in cryogenic suspension you might need to go find a chocolate cake or two to put some of your 21st century weight back on. Also laziness on my part since the float values all default to 0 anyway so I don't actually set that starting default directly. The MCM debug options were added as a compromise for users who want to force the player to a specific size, for example at game start or when first installing the mod, without having to get there "naturally."

15 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

When I get time I'll write up an FAQ entry. The challenge is that there's no one good choice since it's hard to know at what point in their playthrough the user will install the mod. My very loose head canon decision there was that after two centuries in cryogenic suspension you might need to go find a chocolate cake or two to put some of your 21st century weight back on. Also laziness on my part since the float values all default to 0 anyway so I don't actually set that starting default directly. The MCM debug options were added as a compromise for users who want to force the player to a specific size, for example at game start or when first installing the mod, without having to get there "naturally."

Understand. Also makes sense.
My thought was that in cryosleep, Nora uses little energy and what little is replaced by the machine. When Nora awakens, initial weakness should play a role, not emaciation. Of course, the latter is also possible as a mind game if you assume a machine error.
Personally, the setting in the MCM is enough for me as it is.

15 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

Understand. Also makes sense.
My thought was that in cryosleep, Nora uses little energy and what little is replaced by the machine. When Nora awakens, initial weakness should play a role, not emaciation.

Somewhat intentionally, emaciation does confer strength, endurance and health debuffs... so if you start out emaciated you're also starting out weakened.

Of course, I always start from an unmodded save at the vault exit, so until this very moment I didn't consider what the default means for people installing this before the initial game intro. I guess pre-war Nate or Nora is also rail thin.

15 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

Of course, the latter is also possible as a mind game if you assume a machine error.
Personally, the setting in the MCM is enough for me as it is.

Another reason is that the idea for this was originally modeled around my pre-v2 RMR use, where I would play with the character getting fatter when taking radiation (particularly from eating irradiated food and drink). It had relatively predictable behavior since my base body preset was the starting point.

When first installing UC, the "emaciated" state is equivalent to your starting preset (I just use FG's "Zero Sliders" preset myself) and then your configured sliders increase as you get fatter. Trying to deal with negative slider values is messy and not handled well in LooksMenu, so having a starting point that isn't the built initial preset is harder to explain to a new user and requires more advanced preparation.

6 hours ago, deathmorph said:

Does the parasitic disease change anything? You get full later - with more fat, right?

You mean the parasite infection from vanilla Fallout 4 "hardcore" survival? This mod doesn't do anything directly with survival diseases, it's just looking at what you eat and drink, so I expect you're going to eat more because it makes you hungry more often, and that will lead to increased fat gain (which isn't realistic, but if there's a specific MGEF that gets applied for it, then I suppose it could be added to the fat loss effects formlist).

5 hours ago, vaultbait said:

You mean the parasite infection from vanilla Fallout 4 "hardcore" survival?

Yes, exactly. Sorry, had never played any other mode, so didn't know that this infection doesn't exist in the other modes.
Okay, that's what I thought about the food. Thanks for the confirmation.

2 hours ago, deathmorph said:

Yes, exactly. Sorry, had never played any other mode, so didn't know that this infection doesn't exist in the other modes.
Okay, that's what I thought about the food. Thanks for the confirmation.

Right, it's not present in the normal gameplay modes. The only other survival implementations I'm familiar with (RSE, AN2, AN76) don't have parasites as diseases you can contract, so I hadn't thought about it until now. But like I said, if there's an associated magic effect in the game then it would be trivial to set as another fat loss effect.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Itsjustgary said:

I'm having some trouble getting the body morphing to work correctly. As of now the only changes to MC is breast growth, and I can't seem to figure out why that would be the case since I haven't changed anything in the MCM menu. Right now I'm using fusion girl body

What slider(s) did you configure in Rad Morphing Redux's MCM? UC relies on RMR to coordinate body shape changes, so all the magic happens there.

10 hours ago, vaultbait said:

What slider(s) did you configure in Rad Morphing Redux's MCM? UC relies on RMR to coordinate body shape changes, so all the magic happens there.

I haven't configured any sliders, upon first opening the mod menu it only auto-filled the first slider tab and the rest were left blank. I did install RMR with the 10 slider option, maybe that is the issue? 

Screenshot1.png

Screenshot2.png

6 hours ago, Itsjustgary said:

Nevermind. after scouring through the comments I realized that the body slider that should've been updated was "BodyFat" and the slidercategory .xml file confirmed it. Though it didn't work at first I had to completely reinstall both mods and RMR finally started working

Yes, sorry if it was confusing to configure. I included a screen shot and description of what to configure in the mod's file page (also found in the first post of the support topic), but if that's unclear I'm open to suggestions on how to improve the documentation.

Of course, I'm assuming you read the documentation at all (you did, right?).

Initially I did not, I figured it by checking the bodyslide sliders for fusiongirl and saw that "Body Fat" does exactly what I'd expect the mod to do, seeing the pictures only confirmed this. However the issue wasn't setting it up with RMR, but the fact that it didn't want to function, so I did the next best thing and reinstalled both mods, set up the sliders once again and it finally started to work. Not sure why it didn't want to work the first time, but I guess it doesn't matter anymore. I am grateful for your responsiveness though

Just now added to the Known Bugs list for 1.7.0 (third post in this topic), but I'll reiterate here in hopes of reaching a broader audience:

The UnhealthyCraving_GetDirty.esp patch was made for Get Dirty 1.3 (I only just noticed today that the author made a new version a couple of years ago, my mod manager didn't notify me because they kept the old version and made the new version a separate upload). Users of Get Dirty 2.x should deactivate UnhealthyCraving_GetDirty.esp or deselect the Filthy Piggy patch in Unhealthy Craving's FOMOD installer menu for now since it may interfere with some of Get Dirty's functionality. A fix will be included in the next release of Unhealthy Craving.

As an aside, Get Dirty Additional Effects 1.0 is similarly made for Get Dirty 1.3 and should not be used with later versions of Get Dirty (a newer version of that patch has not been published by its author).

Edited by vaultbait

1.7.1 (2023-04-23)

• Updated the Get Dirty patch for the Filthy Piggy feature for current versions of Get Dirty (2.0/2.1). It will no longer work correctly with old Get Dirty 1.3, and users should upgrade accordingly. As an aside, the 1.0 release of the popular Get Dirty Additional Effects mod has not been updated to work with newer Get Dirty versions and should be uninstalled until such time as someone makes a compatible version.

Note that this release only updates the included Get Dirty patch, so if you're not using that patch you have no need to upgrade.

I think i figured it out, looks like you have to set your own slider for each slot, didnt realize that, noob mistake. Would it be helpful to include some progenerated INIs for certain body types?  Also, does anyone have any reccomended settings for use with TWB?

6 hours ago, Robert T said:

I think i figured it out, looks like you have to set your own slider for each slot, didnt realize that, noob mistake.

You don't have to fill all of the slider slots. With Fusion Girl I just use the BodyFat slider with UC and that's it (as shown in the screenshot), but you can use more/different sliders for sure. I tried not to spend too much time explaining RMR since it already has documentation.

Would it be helpful to include some progenerated INIs for certain body types?

I can include them as optional examples in the FOMOD installer or as a separate download if someone makes them, but since I personally just play with a single slider I hadn't seen the need.

Also, does anyone have any reccomended settings for use with TWB?

I'm also happy to expand the documentation with more simple example settings if people who use bodies other than FG can recommend solutions which make sense for those bodies.