{UPDATE - Elin Voice v2.1 with Throw Voice Replacer Options} Tera Elin Race

What you did is correct.Ā  Using the "Use Existing Slider Set" and selecting the min or max femalebody NIF will make that mesh the reference body.Ā  Now when you select the armor you want to modify the Elin body is loaded as reference along with armor on top of it.

Ā 

IMPORTANT

If you want to use the Tera body, which is neither CBBE nor UNP then choose the body meshes in MESHES > ACTORS > 2chElin folder.

If you want to use the custom CBBE or UNP Elin bodies then choose the body meshes in MESHES > ACTORS > 2chElin FIX folder.

Ā 

CORRECTION

The non-nude Tera body is located in the 2chElin folder.

The nude Tera body is located in 2chElin FIX folder.

The custom CBBE body is located in MESHES > ACTORS > 2chElin BBP BODY FIX folder.

The custom UNP body is located in MESHES > ACTORS > 2chElin BBP BODY FIX folder.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by PsychoMachina

I found an issue with elin NPCs and ASIS. If you patch ASIS while the NPC plugins are active (ElinRace Enemy esp., ElinRace NewNPC., ElinRace NPC), the patcher will add them to the patch, but will cause a CTD when starting skyrim. In order to bypass this they have to be added to the patcher's blacklist so that it does not add them. I am unsure if this prevents elin enemies from obtaining new spells (which would suck).

Ā 

Never used ASIS before so I can't provide a reason for the crashing, but it looks interesting enough that I'll have a look.Ā  However, this means I'll need to install Elin 1 and start a new game so this can take awhile.

Ā 

What you did is correct.Ā  Using the "Use Existing Slider Set" and selecting the min or max femalebody NIF will make that mesh the reference body.Ā  Now when you select the armor you want to modify the Elin body is loaded as reference along with armor on top of it.

Ā 

IMPORTANT

If you want to use the Tera body, which is neither CBBE nor UNP then choose the body meshes in MESHES > ACTORS > 2chElin folder.

If you want to use the custom CBBE or UNP Elin bodies then choose the body meshes in MESHES > ACTORS > 2chElin FIX folder.

Ā 

After a successful quick test i edited the fox15 armor _1.nif, i then saved the new nif deleted the old one and placed the new in its respective folder. The changes were there but equipping the armor seemed to be off from the boots/gloves and head as they were not connected. This is probably because i edited the _1.nif, as a guide suggests i edit _0.nif and then _1.

How do i edit the _1.nif? I believe there was a guide for the tool "blender" which was simple enough.

Ā 

Also what is the 2chElin BBP fix for then? this one resembles my body in game better then the one from 2chElin FIX. And bodies have _0 and _1 files aswell, does it matter which i use for editing?

Finally can i do the following:

1. Make the armors compatible with racemenu sliders

2. Make the armors compatible with TBBP

Ā 

One last thing thats bothering me, as TBBP work while naked, i often get frozen while jumping, falling down animation.Ā 

And for some reason the TBBP animations either freeze or continuously jiggle around even while standing, fixed by saving and reloading, usually happened after equipping an armor and then unequipping it.

Ā 

Sorry for all the questions i could probably get some answered from the wiki involving Blender and Nifskope, but i wanted to ask here first since i dont see a guide for Bodyslide with custom bodies.

Ā 

Ā 

IMPORTANT

Ā 

After a successful quick test i edited the fox15 armor _1.nif, i then saved the new nif deleted the old one and placed the new in its respective folder. The changes were there but equipping the armor seemed to be off from the boots/gloves and head as they were not connected. This is probably because i edited the _1.nif, as a guide suggests i edit _0.nif and then _1.

How do i edit the _1.nif? I believe there was a guide for the tool "blender" which was simple enough.

Ā 

Also what is the 2chElin BBP fix for then? this one resembles my body in game better then the one from 2chElin FIX. And bodies have _0 and _1 files aswell, does it matter which i use for editing?

Finally can i do the following:

1. Make the armors compatible with racemenu sliders

2. Make the armors compatible with TBBP

Ā 

One last thing thats bothering me, as TBBP work while naked, i often get frozen while jumping, falling down animation.Ā 

And for some reason the TBBP animations either freeze or continuously jiggle around even while standing, fixed by saving and reloading, usually happened after equipping an armor and then unequipping it.

Ā 

Sorry for all the questions i could probably get some answered from the wiki involving Blender and Nifskope, but i wanted to ask here first since i dont see a guide for Bodyslide with custom bodies.

Ā 

Ā 

Try running FNIS Generator for Users.Ā  That was required to correct TBBP animations, iirc.

Ā 

As for the problem with neck, wrist, ankle seams, try applying a mask on those areas of the armor before making any modifications.

Ā 

Ā 

I did run FINS, maybe i should try reinstalling the race as i did this a lot to get the CBBE look.

Ā 

The problem is that when i open the body, i get only that, since the feet/arms and head are separate files.

Ā 

Now that you mention it, i thought tera elin 1 was the main, does that mean Elin2 is the main and Elin1 is rather scrapped project?

I chose Elin1 over 2 because in the screenshots it looks much closer to the real Elin body, especially CBBE since i mostly use UNP this time i chose CBBE.

And Elin2 lacks in screenshots, what i see looks not as close, if there are no more screenshots then on the main post for Elin 2.. well i guess i should check it out myself before committing to edit the armors.

There are Tera Elin 1 and Tera Elin 2, same race, different looks and customization.Ā  You can install both at the same time because one does not affect the other.Ā  If you do so, you will have 2 Elin races in the race list: 'Elin' and 'Tera Elin'.

Elin 1 has not been scrapped, rather Elin 2 needs to catch up in terms of additional contents and both 1 and 2 needs to be udpated for the latest xpmse and compatibility with RaceMenu.Ā  ECE will still be supported for now.

Ā 

I've seen that issue as well, I think that sign somehow got turned into an npc exclusive object that they can randomly use. (similar to the barrel right outside the armor shop, and the rim of the well in the market area). In any case I've seen multiple different elins on the sign as well as random town npcs, however for the most part is has been the cat eared elin up there.

Ā 

Ā Weirdest thing I've seen so far is an elin die trying to sit on the edge of the well when it was already occupied. I didn't quite see it happen, but when i heard the death moan, I looked over and saw an elin falling to the ground dead...

Ā 

i'm getting something like this. there's idle trigger spots at the top of the Dragonreach stairs. the very top that faces the water pool. Elins will sit of that ledge there. unfortunately my Elins must be a tad clumsy lol, because most every time i go into Whiterun...i'll find 1-2 Elins floating dead in the water below that ledge ;(

Ā 

i always console resurrect, but they just wind up there next visit. it's usually different ones too.Ā  are they committing suicide?! anybody else?

Ā 

The regular NPCs appearing atop the Drunken Huntsman sign instead of the Elin does happen.Ā  I only saw this happen once.

Ā 

As for the Elin NPCs falling off the Dragonreach steps, I have never experienced that and the only conclusion I can think of is game bug or mod that affects the animation markers on the landing or alters Whiterun's appearance.Ā  Even if there are no visible alterations to that spot that does not mean the author didn't try to make changes then later deleted it or changed it back (i.e. dirty edits).

Ā 

Ā 

Hello! I hope this wasn't covered before I did look but couldnt find an answer: I installed the Elin mod along with about every optimal mod listed in the OP, and I'm using the TBBP body I think, the one that gives the boob slider and adds a slight jiggle. Now everything works pretty well, however when I buy armor from the foxshop (Using The FoxArmor merged 2.4) I get a weird body texture distortion. It's very obvious when using the lingerie, like the nipples suddenly are under the boobs and completely missaligned.

Ā 

I hope this isn't something I've overlooked somewhere, or those armors aren't meant for that bodytype. The normal vanilla armor seem to work fine, but then again it's hard to check since they aren't very revealing. I can take and post screenshots if needed. Sorry If I sound noobish :( Also wanna take the opportunity and say that it's a awesome and really well done!

The Fox armors are a mix of CBBE and UNP.Ā  The only exceptions are the vanilla armors remeshes, Elin Maid, and Elin Borderlance-n-Lingerie set which are for the Elin Tera body.Ā  The Tera body is from the main package and installed (non-nude) along with the core race files.

Ā 

If you equip underwear or skimpy outfits and notice the nipple decals are misplaced, that is a clear indication that the armor is for a different body.Ā  AFAIK, none of the Fox armors are for TBBP or HDT unless someone made conversions of them.

Ā 

If you want to use the outfit you chose then you will need to install a different body (i.e. if you are using the UNP body, switch to CBBE or Tera body and vice versa).Ā  If you do not want to switch body types then you will need to use a different outfit.

Ā 

You can use Outfit Studio to convert the armor to a different body, but not the Tera body as it is neither CBBE nor UNP.

Ā 

The Fox armors are a mix of CBBE and UNP.Ā  The only exceptions are the vanilla armors remeshes, Elin Maid, and Elin Borderlance-n-Lingerie set which are for the Elin Tera body.Ā  The Tera body is from the main package and installed (non-nude) along with the core race files.

Ā 

If you equip underwear or skimpy outfits and notice the nipple decals are misplaced, that is a clear indication that the armor is for a different body.Ā  AFAIK, none of the Fox armors are for TBBP or HDT unless someone made conversions of them.

Ā 

If you want to use the outfit you chose then you will need to install a different body (i.e. if you are using the UNP body, switch to CBBE or Tera body and vice versa).Ā  If you do not want to switch body types then you will need to use a different outfit.

Ā 

You can use Outfit Studio to convert the armor to a different body, but not the Tera body as it is neither CBBE nor UNP.

Ā 

Ā 

That explains it. Thank you Ill think i'll switch to CBBE body then. Thank you for the quick answer!

Ā 

Edit: Well I got a new problem of sorts.. I tried using the CBBE (and the UNP after) but both aren't nude textures, they both have underwear that also seems to clip a little. Is that intended? How do I remove that? It seems like installing the texture packs has no effect whatsoever, no matter if through NMM or manually...

The custom, Elin CBBE and UNP bodies are nude meshes (does not have underwear meshes).

Ā 

The body you're seeing, is it flat-chest?Ā  That is the Tera body, it's non-nude and does not use the CBBE/UNP texture replacers.Ā  Check your load order for these plugins,

• if installed the Elin CBBE body, look for 'ElinRace - use Monli custom BBP body.esp'.
  • if installed the Elin UNP body, look for 'ElinRace - use UNP BBP body.esp'.

If you see one of those plugins when you installed the associated body replacer, make sure it's activated.Ā  If this has not worked for you, you'll need to post the following,

Ā 

Which mods did you install?

Your load order?

Ā 

Ā 

EDIT

I think what happened is that you are seeing the Tera body even though you installed the CBBE body replacer.Ā  The Tera body is installed along with the core race files.Ā  This is the default body.Ā  The CBBE and UNP bodies are replacers and never meant to literally replace the default body, rather they are placed in their own folders and activated via plugins.Ā  If the replacer fails to appear in your game, the Tera body is used.Ā  Think of this setup as a fail-safe cause missing body meshes can cause game crashes.

Ā 

Ok thank you for being so patient. So there's no actual Tera nude body? I was under the impressions the CBBE and UNP were actually just texture replacers for that body, while the BBP is an actual new body (Which doesn't work with the fox armors). Forgive me If I'm mixing thigns up. My mind is very simple :(

Pardon the late response.

Ā 

If you want the CBBE or UNP (T)BBP bodies then you need to download and install the 'New Elin Body BBP-TBBP Pack'.Ā  At the forum download page (where you got the other Elin files) look for '2013Nov01_Option_NewElinBodies_BBP-TBBP_v2.7z'.Ā  This contains the CBBE and UNP body options along with some basic texture options.

Ā 

The separate CBBE and UNP texture packs work with those bodies.

Ā 

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā 

Pardon the late response.

Ā 

If you want the CBBE or UNP (T)BBP bodies then you need to download and install the 'New Elin Body BBP-TBBP Pack'.Ā  At the forum download page (where you got the other Elin files) look for '2013Nov01_Option_NewElinBodies_BBP-TBBP_v2.7z'.Ā  This contains the CBBE and UNP body options along with some basic texture options.

Ā 

The separate CBBE and UNP texture packs work with those bodies.

Ā 

Got it. It makes sense now :) Thank you very much! Keep up the awesome work! Loving the Elin race so far :)

Sorry it's me again. I messed up somewhere, I think when I accidently reinstalled one of the Mesh-skeleton mods.. but now, even after uninstalling it again, the shield at the back is floating in mid air behind her back.. which mod do I have to reinstall to override whatever is causing that to make the shield at the correct position again?

Install RaceMenu v3 then latest Groovtama's XPMS Extended.

Copy the XPMSE skeleton to 2chElin Fix folder, delete or move to a backup location then rename 'skeletonbeast_female.nif' (XPMSE) to what the Elins use, 'skeletonfemale.nif'.

Ā 

Make sure you have the shield on your back before doing the following...in RaceMenu, you will see a Weapons category.Ā  Scroll down until you see the Shield slider (iirc).Ā  You can now adjust the position of your shield.

Ā 

Now I have to admit, I have not tested Elin 1 with RaceMenu and the latest XPMSE.

Ā 

Ā 

I have qustion about elin mod. there is a little(?) problem when I play for 1st person view,

my eye height is so low..thinking about it if you everyday see NPC's butt...is've been making my eye terrorble...

so I need some solution..because I want to play with more high eye height..pleaseā™” Ā  Ā 

Ā 

I have posted a solution in the first page under UPDATES - 2014 November 16.Ā 

Use Skyrim - Enhanced Camera, it works like Joy of Perspective.

Ā 

Ā 

I have a problem my elin size seem to always force to be adult size everytime after create new character or load a save file, my elin is suppose to be medium size and also it seem to only affect my char since other elin npc all seem to be medium size except me i use Groovtama's XPMS skeleton and i try install manual alreadyĀ