{UPDATE - Elin Voice v2.1 with Throw Voice Replacer Options} Tera Elin Race

Version 1.4.1 contains the eyes, glitch fix when going invisible and I gave the Elins their own 1st-person skeleton (before they shared the skeleton with the vanilla races). 

It's your choice because for v1.4 you can install the glitch fix I originally uploaded (FIX-Fix Eyes Glitching after Invisibility_v1.2014.05.03.7z) and moving the 1st-person skeleton did not fix the issue with the 1st-person camera not matching the race height.  That is why I informed of the Enhanced Camera mod which will do for now.

If you are asking about the starter packs, they use the files from v1.4.1.

A bit of question,

Why is it that when I use this mod, my 1st Person camera become lower, and how do I fix this?

EDIT: I used enchance camera and its still the same :(

You can swap the skeletons with those from the latest XPMS Extended (v2.24).  Install XPMSE normally then copy the skeleton from the vanilla race folder to the Elin race folder.

Go to:

MESHES > ACTORS > CHARACTER > CHARACTER ASSETS FEMALE

Copy:

Skeletonbeast_female.nif

Go to:

MESHES > ACTORS > 2chELIN FIX

Paste 'Skeletonbeast_female.nif' in 2chElin Fix folder.

Move or delete 'skeletonfemale.nif' (the Elin skeleton) and rename the new xpmse skeleton to 'skeletonfemale.nif'.  This will be the new Elin skeleton.

To replace the 1st-Person skeleton, go to:

MESHES > ACTORS > CHARACTER >  _1STPERSON.

If you installed the 1st-person skeleton from XPMSE then you will find it in this folder.

Copy:

Skeleton.nif

Go to:

MESHES > ACTORS > 2chELIN FIX > _1STPERSON

Replace the Elin's 1st-person skeleton with the 1st-person skeleton from XPMSE.

A bit of question,

Why is it that when I use this mod, my 1st Person camera become lower, and how do I fix this?

EDIT: I used enchance camera and its still the same :(

Of course it's still the same. You haven't screw around with 'fCameraHeightOffset' setting in SKSE_EnhancedCamera.ini, haven't you?

Open the ini, find 'fCameraHeightOffset', and change the number from 0.0 to a higher value. Try 20.0.

At least this is how i fixed my lower fps camera problem a month or two ago.

If this doesn't work either, or if the fix isn't satisfactory to you, then yeah, try replacing Elin's 1st-person skeleton like what Psycho told you.

Wanted to ask if anyone else was encountering this issue I'm having with the Elin NPC's and Enemies (v4.2) mod and/or has solved it.

1. New NPC's - Tried using it, but causes drastic FPS drops and will explode/CTD whenever I try to get to Dragonsreach in Whiterun.  Would be nice to have, but not overly concerned with this one.
  2. Replace NPC's - Replaced NPC's have dark face.
  3. New Followers - Seem to work fine.  Don't have the dark face issue.

Tried to dig around and find some answers.  Earlier in this thred (Reply #383.... I would link it, but for some reason, LL is giving me grief about it), previous versions were provided by PsychoMachina.  Version 4.1 had the same issue.  Version 3.7 fixed the dark face, but caused the altered NPC's to have blocks for names (Japanese Unicode?) and some of them had hair that looked like wax/plastic.

Also tried following the common solution to dark face (also from a waaay earlier PsychoMachina post from the 'New Elin Race' Thread, Reply #1740 ... once again, I would just link it, but I can't for some reason) utilizing CK, but for some reason the FaceGen wouldn't properly perform it's task and bombed out as well.

Last resort is to go with the tanned skin textures in order to mask the problem, but I'd really prefer keeping the fair-skinned/light-tanned variants.  Just no beating the system, I guess...

In the case of the Elin NPCs, the dark face is caused by either missing facetints or the NPCs are using the original ElinRaceTaint.esm instead of the edited version that comes with the Elin NPC and Enemy mod.

Do those NPCs have the same ponytail hairstyle?  That is another indication the edited ElinRaceTaint master file was not installed.

Try copying the ElinRaceTaint.esm from the Elin NPC -n- Enemy mod and adding it to your Data file or appropriate Mod Organizer folder.  Allow overwriting of the original that came with the race's main package.  This will not have any adverse effects with the playable character, but it will fix any Elin NPC dark faces and give them the correct hairs.

Hmm... attempted instructions (overwriting the file) but the problem still persist.  

Does load order play into this at all?  at the moment, 'ElinRaceTaint' follows immediately after 'ElinRace' and then all the other mods come into play.

** Tried to fiddle with the location of where Taint shows up, but that just ends up making LOOT spit back back cyclic interaction errors... :( **

Elementary level japanese + google translate on the mod info file description block yielded talk about dark face with the NPC's ('ganguro'... it made me chuckle) and that the most surefire way to fix appears to be regenerating the faces with CK so I guess I'm going to have to try chasing down my issues with CK to fix the root problem.

** Fixed   :D .  Thanks for replying/assisting.  Basically involved ignoring a ton of 'warnings' and not attempting to preview the NPC's in question at all (which was what triggered the crashes in CK).  Just straight up select them all, and CTRL+F4. **

Try the current "official" mod which is version 3.1 because I reverted back to the correct numbering.  What has been available, v4.x, was a mistake when I tried consolidating the NPC replacer, followers, and summon ring.

ElinRace NPC and Enemy v3.1 Complete (includes Elin Enemy Level-list, Non-Replacers)

Install manually; each option is in their own folder so just open the folders you want to install and copy/paste to your Data folder.  Also included is the edited ElinRaceTaint.esm so you'll need to install that to avoid some NPCs from having dark faces with default ponytail hair.

EDIT

So recreating the facetints helped.  Strange because facetints should be available with the file you are using.  Well, as long as it's working now.

Went ahead and gave those mods a whirl just to see what would happen.  The result was horrifying (un-elinification of the NPCs... head returns to default.... stature is shrunk, but variations in the animations for elins still seem to exist... in any case, not good things).  Honestly, i don't know what voodoo magic you do to make those files awesome, but thank you again.  I'll just be happy with the v4.2 that was graciously provided.

Mi Ya and Yi Ka are located in the Drunken Huntsman at Whiterun.

Rem is inside Dragonreach near the front entrance.

The Elin NPCs that use the vanilla voices?  The Elin voice does not change the vanilla voices.  Some generic NPCs use the 'child voice' because their dialogue is limited to 1 or 2 lines used by the child race.

There are no Elin voice for the essential NPCs (Lydia, Arcadia, Aelea, etc.) and enemies and the only way to make them sound anyway like an Elin is to alter their voice files.  This means altering the voice files for all of their dialogues for each Elin NPC.  This undertaking would take a considerable amount of time of which I don't have anytime soon.

That site's files look like the same files as this thread, but much more disorganized and likely missing a number of newer uploads made by PsychoMachina. Elin Race 2 is a separate race based on but completely separate from Elin Race 1, using more normal meshes and a significantly different aesthetic.

The Elin race Google site can be seen as a repository where the original files were uploaded, but it's no longer maintained as evident of the Ubuntu One links; the service has been defunct for some time.

The race on this thread takes those files and organized them and tries to keep them up to date with improvements, fixes, and new features.

The Elin 2 race is based on the DerivedElin race which is an offshoot of the Elin 1 race.  Elin 2 uses it's own head mesh and morphs.  If you want to try the DerivedElins, just don't use ECE, the vanilla system and RaceMenu does not recognize (this will change eventually) the additional morphs that allows recreating the Elin 1 features.

Would I be correct in assuming this neck seem is caused by using the Elin bodytype with an outfit from a different body style?

If so, could we get a listing of known elin/tera armor sets, and the correct corresponding bodytype for each?

The Elins have 3 different body options: Tera body, CBBE, and UNP.

Tera body is a unique body not based on any Skyrim body replacer.  The armors for that body is included with the Fox 2 Merged set.  They are conversions of some of the vanilla armors and clothes.

The CBBE and UNP bodies are just bodyslide bodies and can wear armors/clothes for those bodies.

If you are having neck seams then adjust her weight in showracemenu.  If you have wrist and ankle seams then the body you are using is not the same as the body that is attached to the armor.  So, as an example, if you are using the custom CBBE body and you wear an outfit that causes wrist seams or gaps, try swapping CBBE with UNP or just use an outfit made specifically for CBBE.

To date, there are no bodyslide 2 presets for armor conversions, but that will change in the future.

For some reason Apachii Hair Pack don't work for me. Instead of hairs I only see bald head.

ADD

And camera IMO way to low. Any way to make it higher?

The missing hairs could be caused by the following:

• The original Apachii hair files are missing (they are not included with the Elin hair mods so you still need to install them).
  • If you have the correct Apachii hairs installed, move the Apachii plugin before the Elin-Apachii plugin or simply deactivate the Apachii plugin and make sure the Elin-Apachii plugin is active.  The Elin hair mods only need the original hair meshes and textures.
  • Sometimes reinstalling the files (Apachii first, Elin-Apachii second) will fix the bug, especially if you are installing with NMM.
  • If you think the possible cause is NMM then install manually.

I'm assuming the 1st-person camera is too low for you.  Is it lower than her height when in 3rd-person?  Which scaling option are you using?

Does the elin animation pack have new animations other than the old one? 

Only the Elin Bard v1.  I have not started on Elin Bard v2, yet.

When I get the new skeletons done (running into bugs) and send them to RSV, I'll ask if he can make some new idle animations that match the ones from TERA.

apachii 1.1a not in download list , v1.1 is for males ??