safado Posted August 15 Posted August 15 1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said: I've been using CS for a couple of years now with and without a reshade. It's not as tweakable as ENB and probably not as good for screen archers. Better performance than ENB though some reshades can tan performance. I find the graphics less crisp/sharp than ENB but that could just be me. I'd say give it a go. It's simple enough to install and uninstall. Reveal hidden contents No reshade, Azurite Weather, nearly everything 2k textures and >60fps That is nice, but you fail to indicate your hardware and primary graphic resolution for a baseline reference. (CPU n GPU) Thanks
Grey Cloud Posted August 15 Posted August 15 8 hours ago, safado said: That is nice, but you fail to indicate your hardware and primary graphic resolution for a baseline reference. (CPU n GPU) Thanks My hardware baseline is that the hardware was the same hardware when I ran an ENB and when I ran with CS. It's not rocket surgery. If some one's machine is capable of running an ENB then it will almost certainly be capable of running CS. 1
darthnoldor Posted August 22 Posted August 22 Hi guys, I wanted to ask for some advice. I recently got a new PC, and after modding SS and then SSE, I'm now moving on to modding the legendary Skyrim with AE. 😄 First of all, I’d like to thank all the forum members for the amazing guides and help you’ve published regarding mod installation—from Aylis to everyone else going back years... 😍 I have plenty of modding experience, but I’ve always struggled with "DynDOLOD" and similar tools—perhaps partly because my English is very poor and I find it hard to follow the relevant video tutorials. Anyway, I’d like to mod Skyrim AE while completely skipping the "DynDOLOD" aspect. I did this once before with SSE; although the background scenery was occasionally a bit incomplete, there were no crashes or other issues, and the game was perfectly playable. 🫡 Do you think this is feasible with AE as well? What practical advice would you give me either way? Thanks, and happy gaming to everyone. 😊 PS: Naturally, I’ve blocked the new August 20th update. 😆
Daikomyo Posted August 22 Posted August 22 I've skipped DynDOLOD myself. I didn't run into any issues that could be blamed on not running it. 1
PippinTom Posted August 22 Posted August 22 8 minutes ago, Daikomyo said: I've skipped DynDOLOD myself. I didn't run into any issues that could be blamed on not running it. The main issue that DynDOLOD solves is the overall look of the skyrim. When running game for the first time after building DDL for it - first impression is "what the fuck is this game I'm in now?" and on so many levels/in so many areas that explaining it is like explaining colors to the born-blind person - have to see it for yourself. Suddenly all those visuals tweaking mods seem to work in full, are more vivid than before. Not mentioning gain on FPS at the same time. There are places in the world that when reentered seems like seen for the first time. etc. So by not running DDL you most definitively have run in at least one issue - shitty, dull, vanilla world looking like taken from over a decade old game made for shitty console without any taste at the same time nor support for modern GPU nice features.
GownTwiceItself691764 Posted August 24 Posted August 24 thinking of upgrading from 1.5.97 to one of the AE versions. are there any mods at all you guys can think of that work on AE but not SE to make it actually worth it?
KCOLL Posted August 24 Posted August 24 there was an update to skyrim this week so i would delay moving to ae for about a month maybe 2 months it will save you a lot of grief . as for moving from 1.5.97 i would call it sooner or later you have to move to ae because you are going to be left behind ! as for new content in ae its nothing to special but it is also can be a requirement of some new mods that are special! Also a lot of new stuff now and in the future will not be compatible with 97 even with bees. Been playing skyrim since it came out the updates were always a pain but at least there are updates. It has always reminded me of windows updates hear people say the would never update from windows xp ever it was perfect! but no one writes software for xp anymore As fore AE its a little more stable the added content is nice but not extraordinary its just the old pay for stuff you now get for free if you get the minimal ae and more if you op for the paid upgrade the main thing is don't get left to far behind. DO NOT get AE right now until all the required mods have been updated to 1.7.99 or you will run into lots of trouble for the next month or so
hitmanh Posted August 24 Posted August 24 (edited) On 8/22/2026 at 10:03 AM, darthnoldor said: Hi guys, I wanted to ask for some advice. I recently got a new PC, and after modding SS and then SSE, I'm now moving on to modding the legendary Skyrim with AE. 😄 First of all, I’d like to thank all the forum members for the amazing guides and help you’ve published regarding mod installation—from Aylis to everyone else going back years... 😍 I have plenty of modding experience, but I’ve always struggled with "DynDOLOD" and similar tools—perhaps partly because my English is very poor and I find it hard to follow the relevant video tutorials. Anyway, I’d like to mod Skyrim AE while completely skipping the "DynDOLOD" aspect. I did this once before with SSE; although the background scenery was occasionally a bit incomplete, there were no crashes or other issues, and the game was perfectly playable. 🫡 Do you think this is feasible with AE as well? What practical advice would you give me either way? Thanks, and happy gaming to everyone. 😊 PS: Naturally, I’ve blocked the new August 20th update. 😆 After ignoring DynDOLOD for years, this is the guide I used to get it DynDOLOD working, it is worth it: https://dionysist.substack.com/p/how-to-use-dyndolod-texgen-and-xlodgen Edited August 24 by hitmanh 1
darthnoldor Posted August 25 Posted August 25 On 22/08/2026 at 17:47, Daikomyo said: Ho saltato DynDOLOD io stessa. Non ho incontrato problemi che potessero essere incolpati di non eseguirlo. Thanks 😁 On 24/08/2026 at 16:47, hitmanh said: Dopo aver ignorato DynDOLOD per anni, questa è la guida che ho usato per farlo funzionare DynDOLOD, ne vale la pena: https://dionysist.substack.com/p/how-to-use-dyndolod-texgen-and-xlodgen Thanks a lot to you too; I'll probably give this guide a try—I'm curious—but for now, I'll just keep modding and try it out later. After all, modding Skyrim is a never-ending task. 🫡😆
darthnoldor Posted August 25 Posted August 25 I have a request for you: can you tell me about a mod, obviously for SkyrimAE, where all the dialogues are shown in the subtitles? 😚
hardcoremanuel Posted August 25 Posted August 25 3 hours ago, darthnoldor said: I have a request for you: can you tell me about a mod, obviously for SkyrimAE, where all the dialogues are shown in the subtitles? 😚 Subtitles. Adds subtitles to all dialogue including background dialogues between npcs. 2
darthnoldor Posted August 27 Posted August 27 On 8/25/2026 at 10:48 PM, hardcoremanuel said: Subtitles. Adds subtitles to all dialogue including background dialogues between npcs. Thanks, thanks a lot !!!!!! 😁❤️
Cmonkeez Posted September 1 Posted September 1 Don't feel like searching to see if someone has already posted the missing Skyland PBR's. Not sure why Skyking2020 removed them from Nexus. But you can find them on Dwemer Mods also by Skyking... https://dwemermods.com/mods/3501 2
bolescothegoat Posted September 4 Posted September 4 Thoroughly impressed with the work you've done here. Thankyou
Tiemphyx Posted September 7 Posted September 7 (edited) Has anyone seen and resolved bald npc issues, possibly related to IMMORTAN? Saadia, Fralia Gray-Mane, etc... Neever mind, scratch that, just patch, patch, patch.... 🤣 Edited September 11 by Tiemphyx
Jessica_Degurechaff Posted September 11 Posted September 11 Oh man, now that i got a super pc (4070 super TI) and 64 ram + 9800x3d I will attempt to install this masterpiece yuet again, good memories of this guide I imagine everything works just fine and if some mods are deleted its nothing mayor and can be found somewhere else right? do i need to have anything in mind while installing?
safado Posted September 11 Posted September 11 1 hour ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said: Oh man, now that i got a super pc (4070 super TI) and 64 ram + 9800x3d I will attempt to install this masterpiece yuet again, good memories of this guide I imagine everything works just fine and if some mods are deleted its nothing mayor and can be found somewhere else right? do i need to have anything in mind while installing? FYI, Bethesda updated recently SkyrimSE/AE again from 1.6.1170 to 1.7.104. If you get Skyrim from Steam, then try downgrading mod guide(ish) to 1.6.1170 from Nexus. You sadly need to download everything first, and it will be 1.7.104. It will take a while to re-download the replacement files, but you will have fewer issues with available mods not yet compatible with 1.7.104. You want skyrimse/ae on 1.6.1170 version as is the current sweet spot for compatibility. SKSE64 Version 2.2.8(stable) is the last to target 1.6.1170, but 2.2.6(buggy) was the first. 1
Jessica_Degurechaff Posted September 12 Posted September 12 (edited) 18 hours ago, safado said: FYI, Bethesda updated recently SkyrimSE/AE again from 1.6.1170 to 1.7.104. If you get Skyrim from Steam, then try downgrading mod guide(ish) to 1.6.1170 from Nexus. You sadly need to download everything first, and it will be 1.7.104. It will take a while to re-download the replacement files, but you will have fewer issues with available mods not yet compatible with 1.7.104. You want skyrimse/ae on 1.6.1170 version as is the current sweet spot for compatibility. SKSE64 Version 2.2.8(stable) is the last to target 1.6.1170, but 2.2.6(buggy) was the first. So, i should downgrade my game to 1.6.1170 and go from there, got it And i ran into a issue by this step already: Im using the steam downgrade (depot download from the console) From there it launches just fine, no issue, even can reach character creation just fine, but whenever i launch it from MO2 it crashes as soon as it Bethesda logo pops up, no idea why, it doesnt matter if i launch SKSE, again: only when i launch from MO2 Deleted the app data skyrim folder and fixed Edited September 12 by Jessica_Degurechaff
Jessica_Degurechaff Posted September 13 Posted September 13 Does anyone knows if theres a specific version that i should use for Unofficial Skyrim Creation Club Content Patches? for what i see on the comments and looking at the files it doesnt seem to be the case, but it seems strange specially since i had to get an archived link for the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch since im staying on 1.6.1170 skyrim ver
Tiemphyx Posted September 14 Posted September 14 (edited) @Jessica_Degurechaff v8.2 is available through archive.org, July 23 of this year. If you're not familiar and iirc: Sign up with archive.org, log in, log in to nexus, put USCCCP's nexus address in Archive's search field, go to July 2026, find Manual download button, copy link, paste into address bar, delete everything before the second https, hit enter. Oh, and if you haven't seen it, there's an excel a page or two back listing a few other mods you can find there. Hope this helps... Edited September 14 by Tiemphyx 1
Jessica_Degurechaff Posted September 15 Posted September 15 (edited) On 9/14/2026 at 9:09 AM, Tiemphyx said: @Jessica_Degurechaff v8.2 is available through archive.org, July 23 of this year. If you're not familiar and iirc: Sign up with archive.org, log in, log in to nexus, put USCCCP's nexus address in Archive's search field, go to July 2026, find Manual download button, copy link, paste into address bar, delete everything before the second https, hit enter. Oh, and if you haven't seen it, there's an excel a page or two back listing a few other mods you can find there. Hope this helps... Spoiler Worked like a charm, insane trick to get old downloads on general ( NVIDIA Reflex Support got set to hidden, yet i dont see any archives on the Internet archive, so im skipping it for now) Does anyone knows why Infinity UI does not show up on the MCM? Edited September 17 by Jessica_Degurechaff
Tiemphyx Posted Thursday at 10:16 PM Posted Thursday at 10:16 PM On 9/14/2026 at 9:09 PM, Jessica_Degurechaff said: Does anyone knows why Infinity UI does not show up on the MCM? You probably know by now but Infinity UI doesn't have an MCM, it's just a framework - mostly for the lowered compass. Since you seem to be doing the UI section, just as an FYII: I had problems with the current version of Nordic UI. Nordic (or one of its several companion files) was corrupting Message Box texts to the point of being unreadable. If you have Fill'er Up installed and see a box during New game MCM initiation that says simply 'OK', you may have the same problem. I'm curious if anyone else saw anything like this. My choice was to move to Norden UI and retain the Sovengarde font - it's 'modern', lots of options and pretty good patch list - it seems well maintained, too. It's clean and stable and I'm pretty happy with it with a few addons like Body Slots. Has anyone else gone this route or found something better?
safado Posted Saturday at 02:53 AM Posted Saturday at 02:53 AM (edited) On 9/14/2026 at 9:09 PM, Jessica_Degurechaff said: Worked like a charm, insane trick to get old downloads on general ( NVIDIA Reflex Support got set to hidden, yet i dont see any archives on the Internet archive, so im skipping it for now) Does anyone knows why Infinity UI does not show up on the MCM? Why not use newer Community Shaders or Open Shaders(better)? It has frame generation and upscaling plugins included. Edited Saturday at 02:55 AM by safado
Jessica_Degurechaff Posted Sunday at 01:13 PM Posted Sunday at 01:13 PM (edited) On 9/24/2026 at 5:16 PM, Tiemphyx said: You probably know by now but Infinity UI doesn't have an MCM, it's just a framework - mostly for the lowered compass. Since you seem to be doing the UI section, just as an FYII: I had problems with the current version of Nordic UI. Nordic (or one of its several companion files) was corrupting Message Box texts to the point of being unreadable. If you have Fill'er Up installed and see a box during New game MCM initiation that says simply 'OK', you may have the same problem. I'm curious if anyone else saw anything like this. My choice was to move to Norden UI and retain the Sovengarde font - it's 'modern', lots of options and pretty good patch list - it seems well maintained, too. It's clean and stable and I'm pretty happy with it with a few addons like Body Slots. Has anyone else gone this route or found something better? That indeed was the case, at the end i Decided to just replace everything by using Edge UI + Dear diary Dark mode as they are pretty clean UI replacers that already have almost everything you need. I did fiddled with Norden UI and didnt run into any issues at all either, at least on the limited testing i made. At the moment i am on [World - Locations [Exterior Skyrim] - but im running a walk back due to seeing that the list uses AI Overhaul, Relationship Dialogue Overhaul (RDO), Interesting NPCs (3DNPC) and a bunch of mods on categories i already completed use patches for it as optional files and FOMOD options that i skipped thinking the mod list didnt use it.. as always confused by why some patches and optional files for mods used later arent mentioned on the list: for example RedBag's Falkreath, FOMOD has options for a bunch of mods later on the list that arent auto deteceted, and theres even a 3DNPCs Patch collection has a well that alone has patches for a bunch of stuff like JK cities.. well, reinstall time, its not that big of a deal i think just a bit time consuming Edited Sunday at 01:17 PM by Jessica_Degurechaff
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now