Generate voice packs for the Toy family of mods

3 hours ago, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

Yeah I only generated the 4 lines. Latest:

ToyStory Voice Pack.zip 55.92 MB · 1 download

I've tested with your latest pack, just far enough to hear the "Altar" word change work. All is well. My main reason to test was to see it working in LE. Works great.

Rest of my testing has been SE. In order to work in LE, I had the extract that bsa. The BSA format is only for SE. I'm hopping you will provide an LE version. I would assume you need to use an LE BSA tool, or provide as loose.

I'm going to release Toy Story later today most likely. You will wanna specify your pack as requiring V2.32+

One thing I would recommend is that if you're using XASynth or any sort of analogue (which it sounds like) is to use some filters for post processing, to remove the reverb and also to punch up the dialogue a bit and - in some cases - make it just a hair faster (actually sounds like you already sped it up to have the right rhythm at least).  

8 hours ago, SmedleyDButler said:

One thing I would recommend is that if you're using XASynth or any sort of analogue (which it sounds like) is to use some filters for post processing, to remove the reverb and also to punch up the dialogue a bit and - in some cases - make it just a hair faster (actually sounds like you already sped it up to have the right rhythm at least).  

Speeding it up was done via xVaSynth setting, but I didn't look into getting rid of the reverb... I should play with the settings and plugins a bit more.

4 hours ago, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

Speeding it up was done via xVaSynth setting, but I didn't look into getting rid of the reverb... I should play with the settings and plugins a bit more.

IIRC you'll need to use other tools to process audio, like Audacity. I saw some links, but damned if I can remember where.

EDIT: Here was some advice to the author of SRR: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=10785113/#entry110490768

6 hours ago, SmedleyDButler said:

IIRC you'll need to use other tools to process audio, like Audacity. I saw some links, but damned if I can remember where.

EDIT: Here was some advice to the author of SRR: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=10785113/#entry110490768

Will try this out thanks; hopefully there is a way to automate this since its pretty infeasible to do this line by line as even a small mod tends to have 100+ lines.

8 hours ago, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

Great. Looks like about 1500 lines for this one. Toy Story has 2000. Kinda what I expected. SLaVE has many more quests and playtime needed to do them all, but the dialogue scenes are mostly brief and short. It will take much longer to test, if the goal is to see it all work.  I will do a bunch but wont be as fast as Toy Story was.

Should probably call it SLaVE Voice Pack or something with Voice Pack for the final file name.

I will put a message in the SLaVE support forum... Looking for volunteers to test! 

Anyone wanting to test the new SLaVE Voice Pack... here's what you need to install..

Latest SLaVE mod... v9.11  Shout Like a Virgin Evolved   or the LE version

One of the voice pack zips from here. If LE must use loose. The other best for SE (its a bsa). Let your mod manager do it.

YES you can add the voice pack mid-playthrough with no worry of corrupting the save because there is no plugin (no load order change).

23 hours ago, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

Will try this out thanks; hopefully there is a way to automate this since its pretty infeasible to do this line by line as even a small mod tends to have 100+ lines.

Yeah, there should absolutely be tools for batch-processing digital audio files, I'm just not familiar with them myself so I can't say how difficult they are to use.

1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

I see some downloads on the SLaVE zip file counters... has anyone seen part of it working yet? :D Any feed back or issues?

I have been testing the voice pack and the updated SLaVE ESP file. I have gotten up to the point of sleeping with Cassia in the cage.

So far the voice pack has been working wonderfully! ? It is every bit as good as I hoped it would be!

Many thanks to @Dr. John Zoidberg and @VirginMarie ! ❤️?

1 hour ago, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

Created the same version, but with a different bsa name and an associated light esp. Nothing new added.

Shout Like a Virgin - Voices.zip 29.92 MB · 0 downloads

Did you do that in case I want to do a bsa for the rest of the mod?

Because I've been wondering about that. In the case of Toy Story, I don't think I would, but in the case of SLaVE, there's enough files... that maybe I should be BSAing it.

As an update on testing... I've heard half of the NPCs, and no issues, works great. No issues reported from Herowynne yet. I think we can release soon but I will need to test a few very small other improvements and then release SLaVE so its ready for your voice pack. I also need to cheat-speed through and hear the other half of NPCs.

21 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Did you do that in case I want to do a bsa for the rest of the mod?

Because I've been wondering about that. In the case of Toy Story, I don't think I would, but in the case of SLaVE, there's enough files... that maybe I should be BSAing it.

As an update on testing... I've heard half of the NPCs, and no issues, works great. No issues reported from Herowynne yet. I think we can release soon but I will need to test a few very small other improvements and then release SLaVE so its ready for your voice pack. I also need to cheat-speed through and hear the other half of NPCs.

Yes, I figured if the mod gets updated in the future it would make sense for this voice pack to not interfere.

2 minutes ago, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

Yes, I figured if the mod gets updated in the future it would make sense for this voice pack to not interfere.

And then for LE, you can still provide a loose files version, and no light esp... I would guess? 

Edited by VirginMarie
8 hours ago, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

Yep.

I see you did the same update for Toy Story, and released.

I wonder if you could update the instructions to say... 

Note: For LE OR adding this mod mid-playthrough, download and use the Loose file version. The other version is for faster game load, but requires a new game.

9 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

I see you did the same update for Toy Story, and released.

I wonder if you could update the instructions to say... 

Note: For LE OR adding this mod mid-playthrough, download and use the Loose file version. The other version is for faster game load, but requires a new game.

I left the old version in just in case. Also, does it matter for adding this mid-playthrough since the esp is not an actual script but just an empty file with only the headers so that the archive would get extracted...