Generate voice packs for the Toy family of mods

Alright, so I'm gonna go ahead and start this thread here related to @VirginMarie's post here. IDK how well this is going to turn out but I guess this is a good starting point. Whenever I generate any new voice packs for any of the Toy family of mods, I'll post them here first so that anyone can test them and see if they work before I start publishing them as files.

16 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

If you (Dr. John) do want to cover the the full Toy's Family, or several of them, it does make sense as most users end up using several in the family.

They are all here... Toys Family of Mods

I would link voice packs there too, once I'm aware that they are published.

List taken from that link, just mods with dialogue, and prioritized...

• Toy Story- Has the most extensive story and dialogue of all on this list
  • Shout Like a Virgin Evolved - The biggest mod in terms of hours to play all the quests (its more like weeks)
  • Toys&Love - Has almost no dialogue... But DOES have dialogue for the Proposition love effect. If wearing a toy with the effect, causes NPCS to proposition you for a little fun, which gets used by several mods using the framework. Most users will not realize its coming from the framework, so they'd think the quest mod has missed some voice if not done, or they might think its coming from a Toy Box
  • Whorecrux - Not authored by the Toys Team. It has a fair bit of dialogue. I think it may have a big update coming soon, might wanna wait till its out
  • Toys Workshop - a single story based quest with dialogue
  • HoT&WeT - a single story based quest with dialogue
  • Follower Slavery Mod - Not authored by the Toys Team. Has just a little bit of dialogue for some interactions
  • Dark Desires Club - the Toys Team inherited this mod. The original author already voiced it. So just listing so you are aware. I might need help if I add dialogue. It has loads of mini-quests with dialogue. I think its been done beyond using auto-generation alone, but not sure as I don't know much about making voice. Seems less robotic than most I've tried (which is not very many)

Toyful Temptations was mentioned above, but does not have dialogue.

Several on this list also have text that almost looks like dialogue called "voice in my head". In Dark Desires the author called it "thoughts". The feature is in the framework and uses a text widget of its own invention, and can't be voiced as its not using vanilla skyrim dialogue. Just letting you know for awareness. Maybe it should get voice but does a "voice in your head" get heard through your ears? :P 

I'd love to see this done for the family, but not sure if getting quality requires loads of testing ect, or if it just works. I could help test, if that's needed. I'd just watch as I'm doing other testing, so it would be over time, not fast. Running through the full family of mods quests takes weeks.

If you want to target the mods that would be most impactful (best bang for the effort), I'd see them being done in the order of the list above. I prioritized on user base and story (immersion). Course matter of opinion here, and this is mine.

To start off, here is the first mod of the list: Toy story. In my experience, the more grammatically accurate and lore friendly the English, the better the generated voices (which makes sense since the models were trained on the game's speech files). Since the English in the mod is pretty good and lore friendly the result weren't too bad. Here are some samples:

I did notice that the model pronounced "toys" as "tuis". I guess there is no place in vanilla Skyrim dialog where the work "toys" is used, which is probably the reason for this. Nevertheless, I will add this word and tweak it in the xVaSynth dictionary so that it comes out better.

There was 11000+ lines, and hopefully they work well. @Herowynne here you go:

Toy Story Voice Pack.zip 

Edited by Dr. John Zoidberg
7 hours ago, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

Alright, so I'm gonna go ahead and start this thread here related to @VirginMarie's post here. IDK how well this is going to turn out but I guess this is a good starting point. Whenever I generate any new voice packs for any of the Toy family of mods, I'll post them here first so that anyone can test them and see if they work before I start publishing them as files.

To start off, here is the first mod of the list: Toy story. In my experience, the more grammatically accurate and lore friendly the English, the better the generated voices (which makes sense since the models were trained on the game's speech files). Since the English in the mod is pretty good and lore friendly the result weren't too bad. Here are some samples:

I did notice that the model pronounced "toys" as "tuis". I guess there is no place in vanilla Skyrim dialog where the work "toys" is used, which is probably the reason for this. Nevertheless, I will add this word and tweak it in the xVaSynth dictionary so that it comes out better.

There was 11000+ lines, and hopefully they work well. @Herowynne here you go:

Toy Story Voice Pack.zip 392.56 MB · 2 downloads  

I'm pretty sure that those 3 samples, are all from the same NPC. They are all Nightly who is female.

So why 3 different voices? Maybe you are just sampling using different voices? How is the voice selected? You do it? It's automatic?

I will try the pack later today.

Edited by VirginMarie
20 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

I'm pretty sure that those 3 samples, are all from the same NPC. They are all Nightly who is female.

So why 3 different voices? Maybe you are just sampling using different voices? How is the voice selected? You do it? It's automatic?

Hmm interesting. I was under the impression that the voices would generate by looking at the voice type for the NPC, but it seems the the way the voices are determined is pretty extensive. You can have a look through the actual code that DoubleCheeseburger wrote to extract the lines here. There are two functions FindVoiceTypesByQuestAlias and FindVoiceTypesByConditions that have a bunch of if conditions in them to determine the voice type. Maybe it generated the lines for all of them when it couldn't figure out, or when there is a non-vanilla NPC. What voice type has been set to Nightly? 

20 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Hmm interesting. I was under the impression that the voices would generate by looking at the voice type for the NPC, but it seems the the way the voices are determined is pretty extensive. You can have a look through the actual code that DoubleCheeseburger wrote to extract the lines here. There are two functions FindVoiceTypesByQuestAlias and FindVoiceTypesByConditions that have a bunch of if conditions in them to determine the voice type. Maybe it generated the lines for all of them when it couldn't figure out, or when there is a non-vanilla NPC. What voice type has been set to Nightly? 

44 minutes ago, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

I tested it last night, almost half way through. This included up to the first 3-way scene. Everything worked flawlessly, in terms of saying the right stuff with expected voice. Even the 3-way which is done a little different.

There's plenty of words (you mentioned "toys") that get spoken awkwardly, but nothing completely broken, and is to be expected. I'm not sure what it takes to go in and fix that, or if you would do that. Once you get used to this sort of reality of how it works, its just like becoming accustomed to listening to someone with a thick accent (like maybe I talk with a Scottish person when I'm Canadian :P ). You get use to it, and it definitely is adding to the experience. Since its game voices much of the time, its less robotic. Anyhow, I like it! Its easier to play when you only need to listen, and you are less likely to miss what was said too.

This is a summary of what Toy Story has...

• Nightly - Type: None - This is resulting in it playing FemaleEvenToned (Lydia) which is ok. My mistake to have not selected a voice type
  • Millonce - FemaleYoungEager - same as Elsif which was intended
  • Nelecar (vanilla NPC) - MaleElfHaughty
  • Urag gro-Shub (vanilla NPC) - MaleOrc
  • In addition, 3 scenes can be spoken by ANY NPC. Results in the generation of about 11k fux files - but I think Nightly might be getting treated this way too

My playthrough last night was enough to hear most of Nelecar, all of Urag, and half of Nightly and Millonce. I heard one of the "ANY NPC" scenes last night too. All working.

The 3 scenes that involve ANY NPC, are where they come up to the player to proposition. Toys&Love has similar too, but Toy Story has more of that. This is resulting in 240 fuz files being generated for every voice type (apparently 46 voice types get generated to cover this). So you end up with 46 X 3 scenes x 240 lines, that can play for any NPC, plus additional lines for the 4 actors listed above. I'm assuming this due to just looking at the files. I think maybe, if Nightly had a voice type instead of none, the number of files would go down significantly, but not sure if that's part of the 240 lines.

I tried changing Nightly to use Nocturnal's voice, but that results in no voice, as could be expected. The problem is, changing this now means another release, and I don't know what we'd get as Nocturnal uses FemaleUnqiueNocturnal which I would expect just maps do something else.

I think its looking good as is, but could certainly use some fixes on some words, if you wanted to spend that kind of time... plus the Nightly thing... what do we do?

If you want to try this updated ESP... the only change is Nightly, now has voice type FemaleUnqiueNocturnal. I think if this results in a lot fewer files, and a better more Night-Sister sounding voice, it might be worth me publishing a update, required to use what you publish. But since I'm not going to be maintaining the voice files (I assume you want to be the publisher), this is mostly up to you to decide.

ToyStory.esp

4 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

This included up to the first 3-way scene. Everything worked flawlessly, in terms of saying the right stuff with expected voice. Even the 3-way which is done a little different.

There's plenty of words (you mentioned "toys") that get spoken awkwardly, but nothing completely broken, and is to be expected. I'm not sure what it takes to go in and fix that, or if you would do that. Once you get used to this sort of reality of how it works, its just like becoming accustomed to listening to someone with a thick accent (like maybe I talk with a Scottish person when I'm Canadian :P ). You get use to it, and it definitely is adding to the experience. Since its game voices much of the time, its less robotic. Anyhow, I like it! Its easier to play when you only need to listen, and you are less likely to miss what was said too.

This is a summary of what Toy Story has...

• Nightly - Type: None - This is resulting in it playing FemaleEvenToned (Lydia) which is ok. My mistake to have not selected a voice type
  • Millonce - FemaleYoungEager - same as Elsif which was intended
  • Nelecar (vanilla NPC) - MaleElfHaughty
  • Urag gro-Shub (vanilla NPC) - MaleOrc
  • In addition, 3 scenes can be spoken by ANY NPC. Results in the generation of about 11k fux files - but I think Nightly might be getting treated this way too

My playthrough last night was enough to hear most of Nelecar, all of Urag, and half of Nightly and Millonce. I heard one of the "ANY NPC" scenes last night too. All working.

Same experience here. I love the Toy Story voice pack! Thanks so much @Dr. John Zoidberg❤️

8 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

If you want to try this updated ESP... the only change is Nightly, now has voice type FemaleUnqiueNocturnal. I think if this results in a lot fewer files, and a better more Night-Sister sounding voice, it might be worth me publishing a update, required to use what you publish. But since I'm not going to be maintaining the voice files (I assume you want to be the publisher), this is mostly up to you to decide.

ToyStory.esp 586.37 kB · 0 downloads

Unfortunately, xvasynth doesn't have a Unique Nocturnal Voice, so that would result in all of her lines being silent. Here are the list of female voices available:

FemaleUniqueAstrid, FemaleUniqueDelphine, FemaleUniqueElenwen, FemaleArgonian, FemaleCommander, FemaleCommoner, FemaleCondescending, FemaleCoward, FemaleDarkElf, DLC2FemaleDarkElfCommoner, FemaleElfHaughty, FemaleEvenToned, FemaleKhajiit, FemaleNord, FemaleOldGrumpy, FemaleOldKindly, FemaleOrc, FemaleShrill, FemaleSultry, DLC1FemaleVampire, FemaleYoungEager, DLC2FemaleUniqueFrea, DLC1FemaleUniqueFura, FemaleUniqueKarliah, FemaleUniqueMaven, FemaleUniqueMirabelleErvine, DLC1SeranaVoice, DLC1FemaleUniqueValerica, FemaleUniqueVex, FemaleChild

If you can set the voice type to any of the above female characters, I can regenerate the voice lines. I've also fixed the dictionary to properly spell the word "toys".

3 hours ago, Herowynne said:

Having many loose voice files can contribute to slow game startup. To avoid slowdown, the voice files can be packed into a BSA.

I packed the Toy Story voice files from @Dr. John Zoidberg into a BSA and I have been using it myself successfully.

I am posting it here in case anyone else would like to use it.

ToyStorySE-voice-pack.7z 377.5 MB · 0 downloads

Was not aware that this was a problem for audio files. I'll make sure to package them in the next release. 

1 hour ago, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

Unfortunately, xvasynth doesn't have a Unique Nocturnal Voice, so that would result in all of her lines being silent. Here are the list of female voices available:

FemaleUniqueAstrid, FemaleUniqueDelphine, FemaleUniqueElenwen, FemaleArgonian, FemaleCommander, FemaleCommoner, FemaleCondescending, FemaleCoward, FemaleDarkElf, DLC2FemaleDarkElfCommoner, FemaleElfHaughty, FemaleEvenToned, FemaleKhajiit, FemaleNord, FemaleOldGrumpy, FemaleOldKindly, FemaleOrc, FemaleShrill, FemaleSultry, DLC1FemaleVampire, FemaleYoungEager, DLC2FemaleUniqueFrea, DLC1FemaleUniqueFura, FemaleUniqueKarliah, FemaleUniqueMaven, FemaleUniqueMirabelleErvine, DLC1SeranaVoice, DLC1FemaleUniqueValerica, FemaleUniqueVex, FemaleChild

If you can set the voice type to any of the above female characters, I can regenerate the voice lines. I've also fixed the dictionary to properly spell the word "toys".

ToyStory.esp

Ok this works with the current release still. And Nightly now is FemaleUniqueAstrid

V2 is of the voice pack is here. The number of lines went all the way down to 2000 and the size is now 60mb, so that's a huge reduction. The word "toys" is also spelled properly now. Note that anyone using this pack will have to use this ToyStory.esp:

12 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Toy Story Voice Pack.zip

Edited by Dr. John Zoidberg
8 hours ago, Herowynne said:

@VirginMarie @Dr. John Zoidberg I finished the entire Toy Story questline. The story was great, and the voice pack was outstanding throughout! ?❤️

My only regret is that I would have loved to see...

Hide contents

...an option to continue to wear Nightly's collars and remain acolytes of Nightly. ??

That could be a future story / new quest. Trust me, the idea did not escape us :P 

But in the meantime, you CAN get the similar punishment collars again. Just do the Trial again, and fail at it.

1 hour ago, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

V2 is of the voice pack is here. The number of lines went all the way down to 2000 and the size is now 60mb, so that's a huge reduction. The word "toys" is also spelled properly now. Note that anyone using this pack will have to use this ToyStory.esp:

Toy Story Voice Pack.zip 55.92 MB · 0 downloads

Toy Story Voice Pack.zip 55.92 MB · 0 downloads

Great. I will try it later today.

On 8/16/2022 at 7:33 AM, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

Toy Story Voice Pack.zip 55.92 MB · 4 downloads

Using Astrid made it much better. I've speed-played it to almost the end last night (like as in cheating but making sure to see all the dialogue), and all is perfect. I really like it. I think its ready for prime time.

I'm going to finish today, and then get a few tiny improvements done and publish a new release within a few days. That needs to happen first, before you publish as I'm sure you know. Where do you plan on publishing?

Edited by VirginMarie
25 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Using Astrid made it much better. I've speed-played it to almost the end last night (like as in cheating but making sure to see all the dialogue), and all is perfect. I really like it. I think its ready for prime time.

I'm going to finish today, and then get a few tiny improvements done and publish a new release within a few days. That needs to happen first, before you publish as I'm sure you know. Where do you plan on publishing?

Great! I'll just publish it here as a file on LL after you have updated the main mod. After that I guess the next in line is Shout like a Virgin. If there are any characters with Voice type None then I guess you will be changing them to an existing voice model type. Here are the full list of available voice models in xVaSynth:

DLC2MaleUniqueAdril, CrUniqueAlduin, MaleUniqueAncano, MaleUniqueArngeir, FemaleUniqueAstrid, FemaleUniqueDelphine, MaleUniqueDelvinMallory, DLC1MaleUniqueDexion, CrDragonVoice, FemaleUniqueElenwen, MaleUniqueEsbern, FemaleArgonian, FemaleCommander, FemaleCommoner, FemaleCondescending, FemaleCoward, FemaleDarkElf, DLC2FemaleDarkElfCommoner, FemaleElfHaughty, FemaleEvenToned, FemaleKhajiit, FemaleNord, FemaleOldGrumpy, FemaleOldKindly, FemaleOrc, FemaleShrill, FemaleSultry, DLC1FemaleVampire, FemaleYoungEager, DLC2FemaleUniqueFrea, DLC1FemaleUniqueFura, MaleUniqueGalmar, DLC1MaleUniqueGaran, DLC1MaleUniqueGelebor, DLC1MaleUniqueHarkon, DLC1MaleUniqueIsran, FemaleUniqueKarliah, MaleUniqueKodlakWhitemane, DLC2MaleUniqueLleril, MaleArgonian, MaleBandit, MaleBrute, MaleCommander, MaleCommoner, MaleCommonerAccented, MaleCondescending, MaleCoward, DLC2MaleDarkElfCommoner, DLC2MaleDarkElfCynical, MaleDrunk, MaleDarkElf, MaleElfHaughty, MaleEvenToned, MaleEvenTonedAccented, MaleGuard, MaleKhajiit, MaleNord, MaleNordCommander, MaleOldGrumpy, MaleOldKindly, MaleOrc, MaleSlyCynical, MaleSoldier, DLC1MaleVampire, MaleWarlock, MaleYoungEager, FemaleUniqueMaven, MaleUniqueMercerFrey, FemaleUniqueMirabelleErvine, DLC2MaleUniqueModyn, MaleUniqueNazir, DLC2MaleUniqueNeloth, CrUniqueOdahviing, CrUniquePaarthurnax, DLC1SeranaVoice, DLC2MaleUniqueStorn, MaleUniqueTullius, MaleUniqueUlfric, DLC1FemaleUniqueValerica, FemaleUniqueVex, MaleUniqueHadvar, MaleUniqueBrynjolf, DLC1MaleUniqueFlorentius, FemaleChild, MaleChild

3 hours ago, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

Great! I'll just publish it here as a file on LL after you have updated the main mod. After that I guess the next in line is Shout like a Virgin. If there are any characters with Voice type None then I guess you will be changing them to an existing voice model type. Here are the full list of available voice models in xVaSynth:

DLC2MaleUniqueAdril, CrUniqueAlduin, MaleUniqueAncano, MaleUniqueArngeir, FemaleUniqueAstrid, FemaleUniqueDelphine, MaleUniqueDelvinMallory, DLC1MaleUniqueDexion, CrDragonVoice, FemaleUniqueElenwen, MaleUniqueEsbern, FemaleArgonian, FemaleCommander, FemaleCommoner, FemaleCondescending, FemaleCoward, FemaleDarkElf, DLC2FemaleDarkElfCommoner, FemaleElfHaughty, FemaleEvenToned, FemaleKhajiit, FemaleNord, FemaleOldGrumpy, FemaleOldKindly, FemaleOrc, FemaleShrill, FemaleSultry, DLC1FemaleVampire, FemaleYoungEager, DLC2FemaleUniqueFrea, DLC1FemaleUniqueFura, MaleUniqueGalmar, DLC1MaleUniqueGaran, DLC1MaleUniqueGelebor, DLC1MaleUniqueHarkon, DLC1MaleUniqueIsran, FemaleUniqueKarliah, MaleUniqueKodlakWhitemane, DLC2MaleUniqueLleril, MaleArgonian, MaleBandit, MaleBrute, MaleCommander, MaleCommoner, MaleCommonerAccented, MaleCondescending, MaleCoward, DLC2MaleDarkElfCommoner, DLC2MaleDarkElfCynical, MaleDrunk, MaleDarkElf, MaleElfHaughty, MaleEvenToned, MaleEvenTonedAccented, MaleGuard, MaleKhajiit, MaleNord, MaleNordCommander, MaleOldGrumpy, MaleOldKindly, MaleOrc, MaleSlyCynical, MaleSoldier, DLC1MaleVampire, MaleWarlock, MaleYoungEager, FemaleUniqueMaven, MaleUniqueMercerFrey, FemaleUniqueMirabelleErvine, DLC2MaleUniqueModyn, MaleUniqueNazir, DLC2MaleUniqueNeloth, CrUniqueOdahviing, CrUniquePaarthurnax, DLC1SeranaVoice, DLC2MaleUniqueStorn, MaleUniqueTullius, MaleUniqueUlfric, DLC1FemaleUniqueValerica, FemaleUniqueVex, MaleUniqueHadvar, MaleUniqueBrynjolf, DLC1MaleUniqueFlorentius, FemaleChild, MaleChild

longer list of voice types than the last one. Which one is right? So far I've been picking only from the shorter previous list.

In SLaVE I did have one with none, but also some cases of duplication which would be bad. On some I'm waiting for some feedback from @mercplatypus who might want to pick. He's the one who did all the good writing... all of Toy Story, and half of SLaVE (The half that is bad is my writing :P ).

One question... we have Hircene with lines, and he's in his big ghostly elk form. Will it generate for him to talk? His voice type is MaleUniqueHircene... not supported but I could change it, or it might use some default.  In Toy Story, Wojtek the bear, he has a single line which is "rawr!" which does not get spoken, so not sure what will happen here. Don't want Wojtek to talk, but Hircene has a few lines and 2 scenes which would be good if it can be voiced.

Edited by VirginMarie

longer list of voice types than the last one. Which one is right? So far I've been picking only from the shorter previous list.

That was only the list of female voices, this is the list of all available voices

One question... we have Hircene with lines, and he's in his big ghostly elk form. Will it generate for him to talk? His voice type is MaleUniqueHircene... not supported but I could change it, or it might use some default.  In Toy Story, Wojtek the bear, he has a single line which is "rawr!" which does not get spoken, so not sure what will happen here. Don't want Wojtek to talk, but Hircene has a few lines and 2 scenes which would be good if it can be voiced.

Since Hircine doesn't have a voice model, it will end up being silent. The best option is to change Hircine to a voice type that is available and as close to his vanilla voice as possible. Or maybe make him sound like a dragon (CrDragonVoice).

As for the bear, it's just one line so I can manually remove it from the list so it doesn't get generated.

20 hours ago, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

Great! I'll just publish it here as a file on LL after you have updated the main mod. After that I guess the next in line is Shout like a Virgin.

SLaVE with voiced dialogue? Looks like I need to rearrange my to-do list so that I can do a Toys Family update soon. I'm looking forward to hearing that content with voice!

14 hours ago, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

That was only the list of female voices, this is the list of all available voices

opps duh... of course :P

Since Hircine doesn't have a voice model, it will end up being silent. The best option is to change Hircine to a voice type that is available and as close to his vanilla voice as possible. Or maybe make him sound like a dragon (CrDragonVoice).

I like the dragon voice idea. I've used that.

As for the bear, it's just one line so I can manually remove it from the list so it doesn't get generated.

The bear is already NOT speaking the one line. Its good as is.

For Toys Story, I DID change 3 tiny things. I discovered 2 misspelled words due to hearing them spoken lol. Alar instead of Altar was one. And then there was one extra word. This is now what I consider final. I think based on the last 2, that I'm confident that you can re-generate, and we can skip re-testing.

ToyStory.esp

Shout Like a Virgin is almost ready to give to you, but I've not figured out what voice to give to Cassia. I want her to sound similar to Elsif (FemaleYoungEager) but slightly different or we have duplication. Anyone have a suggestion? I'm just not good at remembering who's voice sounds like what. Maybe FemaleUniqueKarliah? Does she sound young and eager but not dominant? Cassia should be a eager but not confident.    poking  @gregazz too

@Herowynne would love it if you are doing your KS Hair thing for SLaVE too :D  If you do, note that Cassia and Biggs who you did for Toy Story, are in SLaVE and should thus look the same. I'd guess you already know. SLaVE has the same "Stone Girl" thing you know about now, for not generating facegen.. You also want to not gen for Deer, Hircene, and Spider.

19 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

@Herowynne would love it if you are doing your KS Hair thing for SLaVE too :D  If you do, note that Cassia and Biggs who you did for Toy Story, are in SLaVE and should thus look the same. I'd guess you already know. SLaVE has the same "Stone Girl" thing you know about now, for not generating facegen.. You also want to not gen for Deer, Hircene, and Spider.

Yes, I can do that!

1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

For Toys Story, I DID change 3 tiny things. I discovered 2 misspelled words due to hearing them spoken lol. Alar instead of Altar was one. And then there was one extra word. This is now what I consider final. I think based on the last 2, that I'm confident that you can re-generate, and we can skip re-testing.

Yeah I only generated the 4 lines. Latest:

ToyStory Voice Pack.zip