Generate voice packs for the Toy family of mods

On 8/16/2022 at 12:32 PM, gregaaz said:

This entire thread delights me. Great work everyone!

Only discovered the Xvasyth2 and related tools recently. A fantastic addition and well worth the time learning to use right. Created lots of content already with it!

On 8/29/2022 at 6:18 AM, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

@VirginMarie Voices for Toys&Love

It's good to go. Works nice.

Since its a force greet it makes the element of surprise fun, as all of a sudden someone is asking if they can have a little fun with you :P 

Since Toys&Love has no NPCS or quests, people might be a bit confused as to why there is a voice pack and what it does. So you might include in the description....

Voices dialogue when a toy with the Proposition Effect causes NPCs to proposition you for a little fun. This occurs wearing such toys from Toys&Love and from toys in other mods, or Toy Boxes.

2 hours ago, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

@VirginMarie Done:

Should the next be Whorecrux  or should I wait on that one?

I see in ToyLove Voices BSA. zip... there is Data.bsa.... mistake?... new trick using that name?  I see it has no empty esp.

Confused as this has shifted from the previous format of providing the 3 choices. The inconsistency is going to confuse people installing more than one. In this case since the file count is much smaller, maybe only do loose to keep it simple.

I tested only the loose one, did not check out the bsa one till now. I was assuming we would have the same format as you did for SLaVE.

---------

Whorecrux is by a different author, who has an update coming but has been inactive for the summer. I don't think it makes sense to do it until it gets updated, if and once it does. Should also check with the author.

How about we do ToysWorkshop and HoT&Wet simultaneously? They both have a single, but heavy dialogue quest. More to test than we had for Toy&Love, but still combined, much smaller than SLaVE or Toy Story, so I'd like to test at the same time. I should first check for my NPCs having a voice type, and get you an update if needed. I think they both have only a single NPC, but then use some vanilla ones. Chance of needing an update is low, but I will check.

Edited by VirginMarie
1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

Confused as this has shifted from the previous format of providing the 3 choices. The inconsistency is going to confuse people installing more than one. In this case since the file count is much smaller, maybe only do loose to keep it simple.

I had uploaded an older version by mistake. I uploaded the correct files to be consistent with the other packs.

How about we do ToysWorkshop and HoT&Wet simultaneously? They both have a single, but heavy dialogue quest. More to test than we had for Toy&Love, but still combined, much smaller than SLaVE or Toy Story, so I'd like to test at the same time. I should first check for my NPCs having a voice type, and get you an update if needed. I think they both have only a single NPC, but then use some vanilla ones. Chance of needing an update is low, but I will check.

Yes, let's do it like that.

7 minutes ago, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

I had uploaded an older version by mistake. I uploaded the correct files to be consistent with the other packs.

Yes, let's do it like that.

looks good now :D

I've checked voice types for both Toys Workshop and HoT&WeT. They are both good to go without an update.

8 hours ago, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

here they are:

Thanks. I'm loading them in my test profile now. Might not rush into testing as I want to get the big Dark Desires release out, but when I need a break, it will be very fun to test this. So probably happen over the next week.

OR if someone else reading here volunteers to test it out :D 

Edited by VirginMarie
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2022 at 11:43 PM, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

Toys Workshop worked flawlessly. Was fun as that one has lines with rhymes. Good to go. I will test out HoT&WeT next. 

36 minutes ago, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

@VirginMarie would follower slavery mod be next?

You've done all on the list, except:

1. Follower Slavery Mod - author is @Bane Master - NPC dialogue is limited. But this one is between yourself and the author, I'd not be involved
  2. WhoreCrux - Author does not seem to be back. I've been thinking it makes sense, for anyone's time to wait for the new release, but if that's not coming anytime soon, since I've seen two requests now for it, one was just today... maybe this one is good to do next. Would benefit the most out of the 3 here. Seems to have a user base still loving it. But this is between you and the author @Bratty Cheeks - RMCW or you could of course go it alone
  3. Dark Desires - This one I just released a big update. Our first release since the original author passed it to me.  It already has partial voicing from the original author... all the important actors are voiced, and it seems very customized. Video is on its main page if you wanna hear and tell me how hard it would be to do more of that :D. Seems like it would be very time consuming.
    • I'd like to get your help to for a future release, to fill in voice for those actors who are not voiced yet. Also maybe I will have added more dialogue, not sure. This is not an immediate need
    • If there's already dialogue nicely customized, that we don't want to lose... would it work to.... generate.... then let the previous files just overwrite, so then you end up just updating those that were missing?
Edited by VirginMarie
10 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

You've done all on the list, except:

1. Follower Slavery Mod - author is @Bane Master - NPC dialogue is limited. But this one is between yourself and the author, I'd not be involved
  2. WhoreCrux - Author does not seem to be back. I've been thinking it makes sense, for anyone's time to wait for the new release, but if that's not coming anytime soon, since I've seen two requests now for it, one was just today... maybe this one is good to do next. Would benefit the most out of the 3 here. Seems to have a user base still loving it. But this is between you and the author @Bratty Cheeks - RMCW or you could of course go it alone
  3. Dark Desires - This one I just released a big update. Our first release since the original author passed it to me.  It already has partial voicing from the original author... all the important actors are voiced, and it seems very customized. Video is on its main page if you wanna hear and tell me how hard it would be to do more of that :D. Seems like it would be very time consuming.
    • I'd like to get your help to for a future release, to fill in voice for those actors who are not voiced yet. Also maybe I will have added more dialogue, not sure. This is not an immediate need
    • If there's already dialogue nicely customized, that we don't want to lose... would it work to.... generate.... then let the previous files just overwrite, so then you end up just updating those that were missing?

Can do #1 and #2. For #3, I think the voice lines can be either overwritten or not generated if they already exist. There is an option in xVaSynth to do that although it doesn't seem to work often. I can extract the voice lines and send them over to you so that you can see whether already generated lines are getting re-generated.

2 hours ago, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

Can do #1 and #2. For #3, I think the voice lines can be either overwritten or not generated if they already exist. There is an option in xVaSynth to do that although it doesn't seem to work often. I can extract the voice lines and send them over to you so that you can see whether already generated lines are getting re-generated.

Sounds good for #3. We could do the test run anytime so then I know my plan, but no rush. If this does work out without much trouble, I do have another release planned soon and could include it.

I went through just now, adding voice types. Most of the males had no voice type. I could see that the ones that currently have voice, did have voice types. So attached is the esp. This esp will work with the current release.

Since people are accustomed to the voice being packaged with the mod, in this case I think I'd want to continue doing that, if ok with you. Id give you credit of course.

DarkDesiresClub.esp

23 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Sounds good for #3. We could do the test run any time so then I know my plan, but no rush. If this does work out without much trouble, I do have another release planned soon and could include it.

There is about 22000+ lines that need to be generated so it will take a while. I will generate and send them over and you can overwrite the lines that are already preset and include it in the mod.

53 minutes ago, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

There is about 22000+ lines that need to be generated so it will take a while. I will generate and send them over and you can overwrite the lines that are already preset and include it in the mod.

22 thousand!!!? It's because there's many many lines that be spoken by all voice types in use. Still, that implies that if we have 20 voice types, there's 1000 lines? Seems to high. I wonder how big a file this voice pack will be. The lines all do tend to be very short and sweet.

22 thousand!!!? It's because there's many many lines that be spoken by all voice types in use. Still, that implies that if we have 20 voice types, there's 1000 lines? Seems to high. I wonder how big a file this voice pack will be. The lines all do tend to be very short and sweet.

Here are the lines themselves:

DarkDesiresClub.esp-1.csv

Edited by Dr. John Zoidberg
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

Will try it out over the next days and aim to include in the next release that would probably be sometime in Oct.

It's huge? Was it painful for you to make? If yes pain is pleasure :P 

You said... "I will generate and send them over and you can overwrite the lines that are already preset and include it in the mod."

1. Not sure I understand the overwrite part of that.... Should I expect this contains all lines... thus I'd want to load this in first, then let the original author's files overwrite?
  2. If an actor already had lines in the original, but the voice type changed from none to something... what will happen? I assume I'd have lines with a different voice type, unless the default is the same as the new voice type? What is the default voice type, if there is one? I should know what happens from when we did this in Toys Story, but I forget now. There are possibly a few rare cases for me to watch out for.
11 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Will try it out over the next days and aim to include in the next release that would probably be sometime in Oct.

It's huge? Was it painful for you to make? If yes pain is pleasure :P 

You said... "I will generate and send them over and you can overwrite the lines that are already preset and include it in the mod."

1. Not sure I understand the overwrite part of that.... Should I expect this contains all lines... thus I'd want to load this in first, then let the original author's files overwrite?
  2. If an actor already had lines in the original, but the voice type changed from none to something... what will happen? I assume I'd have lines with a different voice type, unless the default is the same as the new voice type? What is the default voice type, if there is one? I should know what happens from when we did this in Toys Story, but I forget now. There are possibly a few rare cases for me to watch out for.

I split the csv into parts and generated the parts on different days so there wasn't too much overhead. 

1: This does contain all the voice lines so yes I guess you should load this in first so that the original files overwrite it.

2: The lines would be in the new voice type given that the voice type is matches the one set in CK. Default voice type is None, in which case the voice lines are generated for all possible voice types.

7 minutes ago, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

I split the csv into parts and generated the parts on different days so there wasn't too much overhead. 

1: This does contain all the voice lines so yes I guess you should load this in first so that the original files overwrite it.

2: The lines would be in the new voice type given that the voice type is matches the one set in CK. Default voice type is None, in which case the voice lines are generated for all possible voice types.

Ah ok none voice type = gen for all. DDC has no none. Thanks. I've heard some of it just now. So far so good :D 

Edited by VirginMarie
  • 2 weeks later...

@Dr. John Zoidberg

Darn, there's problems for Dark Desires Club. I am finding that less than half the lines are getting spoken.

When I look in the CK for examples of what's spoken, and what's not, it became pretty clear.

Example:

The first response line is working (spoken). The 2nd is not.

The first thing different... for some reason the Emotion is 0 for the one not working. By default, these normally start off as Neutral 50.

As I look at more examples, I see that Emotion 0 is the case for each case of not spoken.

1.png

Here's the 2 lines in the Detail View...

2.png3.png

The working one has voice types. The broken does not.

CK documentation only says...  

The list of Voicetypes that qualify for the line based on the Info's conditions. This list cannot be edited directly- if there are more or fewer Voicetypes listed here than you expected, you may need to correct the conditions on the Topic Info.

Ok but wtf... they both share the same conditions, so obviously this is not the problem.

Nothing I change gets it to generate/fill in those voice types.

I assume those must be there for your generation to work.

My theory... The original author has done initial work in the CK (the working ones), where this auto sets up voice types, but then has done additional editing in XEdit. I'm guessing XEdit does not auto-setup the voice types.

Whatever the case, we might be screwed.

I'm bringing this to you, in case you might know of this problem and a solution. Something to get the voice types for each topic to auto generate after the fact perhaps.

Edited by VirginMarie