SoCalExile Posted August 7, 2022 Posted August 7, 2022 (edited) 24 minutes ago, sshar22 said: Hide contents Il punto però più importante della sentenza è quello in cui la Corte classifica il delitto di pedopornografia virtuale come un reato di pericolo in concreto. Ciò significa che, per rilevare sul piano penale, l'immagine pedopornografica virtuale, che può essere anche un fumetto o un cartone animato, deve avere una qualità rappresentativa «tale da far apparire come accadute o realizzabili nella realtà e quindi vere, ovvero verosimili, situazioni non reali, ossia frutto di immaginazione di attività sessuali coinvolgenti bambini/e». Hide contents However, the most important point of the sentence is the one in which the Court classifies the crime of virtual child pornography as a crime of danger in concrete. This means that, in order to detect on a criminal level, the virtual child pornography image, which can also be a comic or cartoon, must have a representative quality "such as to make it appear as if it happened or can be realized in reality and therefore true, that is, likely, situations that are not real, that is, the result of the imagination of sexual activities involving children ". no, it means it has to be realistic, i.e., a stick man drawing won't get you in trouble, a very good drawing, might The points are, there have been convictions, (not only in Italy) LL and WW are trying to protect their future existence PayPal and Patreon have done a lot of censoring, despite and in spite of the law often because they can. So? One likes living on the edge, skirting on the border of legality, fine. LL and WW don't. Except again, there are mods on this site that do involve NSFW actions with those who are graphical representations of 16 year olds. It's not a LL issue. It's entirely a WW issue that LL seeks to support because their stated priority is supporting the individual modders. Now if TD made these changes for fear of losing Patreon, that's another matter and honestly just trying to play games by making it still possible with Inappropriate Unlock. But that is not a criminal issue which is what we're discussing. What goes on in Italy is entirely limited to their legal reach, which is not the US or Finland. Also in the case (which you just Googled and don't have firsthand knowledge of): Quote If, as we have seen, art. 600 quater 1 of the Criminal Code serves to protect the growth paths of the minor subject, there is no doubt that this rule, to achieve this goal, must pursue those who produce, disseminate and / or hold virtual child pornography images which, precisely because of their high evocative capacity for real situations, are potentially capable of seducing or misleading minors. So the issue isn't just "a very good drawing" but a very good drawing that has the potential to be used in CSA. I'm not sure Sims 4 applies here in the context of WW/DD and very adult-looking high schoolers that are age-ambiguous according to EA having sex. One assumes that since "fooling around" is a euphemism for sexual acts then it's really not all that scandalous of an issue. I guess in Italy if you want to do that kind of thing you just have to become a priest. ? Edited August 7, 2022 by SoCalExile
sshar22 Posted August 7, 2022 Posted August 7, 2022 18 minutes ago, SoCalExile said: snip You excel at the art of sophism I hope it serves you well in your life.
Vanilla Scent Posted August 7, 2022 Author Posted August 7, 2022 Since now, almost everyone is changing the main topic of the thread to laws, politics, giving moral talks or hypocritism, controversies between the mod creators and censoring of reviews in this topic. I wanna quote, almost everyone here has voiced their opinions and their reasons, giving both good and bad explanations and anyone that has read this topic will decide and determine which one of the options exposed will want for their playthroughs. Some might want to keep fighting, insulting or even changing the topic for attention. Others might want external, not supported mods for WW of LL (which is fine, but I do not recommend doing so). And others will just not care. For me, I wont update my WW from 170g or download any external mods. We don't know how TD or CN will react about this topic, but one thing is clear… This thread went from reasoning about and how to officially fix or clarify this change on WW with TD, to literally fights of harassment between members of LL and mods creators fan bases. Even though I said don't try to hide your conflict intentions with the term "opinion" smh. Tysm for anyone who participated in this thread with respectfull ideas and points of views. 6
OctavioA83 Posted August 7, 2022 Posted August 7, 2022 On 8/4/2022 at 12:51 PM, Crazy Doll said: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/9170-wickedwhims-inappropriate-unlock/ Hello, Crazy Doll. Please reply. Urgent Question: this "mod" is compatible with High School Years? Without more to consult for now, thank you very much.
MrGrey Posted August 7, 2022 Posted August 7, 2022 Like the "Get to work" and "bust the dust", "High school" is game intensive. All you do is play High school in HSY. All you do is fight the dust in BTD. All you do is work in "Get to Work" jobs that are not rabbit holes. I don't like intensive, which is why I gave up the Succumbus in NWP... that's all you're going to play. How much back hair are we talking here....
Guest Posted August 7, 2022 Posted August 7, 2022 I'll put it this way, the expansion pack has a brand new half-yeti Occult state that applies to 70% of freshly generated sims
jyotai Posted August 7, 2022 Posted August 7, 2022 7 minutes ago, Wyatt1515 said: What’s the point of having a review section exactly? To post glowing statements in support of a modder or to STFU. 1
jyotai Posted August 7, 2022 Posted August 7, 2022 (edited) 2 hours ago, Vanilla Scent said: Since now, almost everyone is changing the main topic of the thread to laws, politics, giving moral talks or hypocritism, controversies between the mod creators and censoring of reviews in this topic. I'm going to once again toss my note on laws. Someone replied to me in the comments on the mod when I noted International Law. They incorrectly stated that the law that rules is the most restrictive. The actual rules of jurisdiction and jurisprudence are not so simplistic. What law rules depends on where the parties have significant contacts, where the case is brought, and if that location has jurisdiction over the defendant. That is why at the end of the day, all that matters is where EA and Turbo 'legally' are - which is a process of where they live and where they are incorporated / have their headquarters. This is why you can smoke 100 lbs of ganja in Jamaican if you're a rasta or tell the Queen of England to go fuck herself if you're in the USA - and Russia or England won't mess with you unless you're stupid enough to do these things in their countries instead. All other thoughts on where a case would come and what laws would apply don't matter. Note: Since EA is the one who added 'sex interactions' for teens in their new expansion - they are a responsible party here. But it is also relevant that modders have changed what animations play when someone does those interactions. - And I suppose that is why Turbo restricted / removed a feature that EA added. EA declared teens were 18+ / adult. Turbo declared EA was wrong about it's own game. Hilarity ensued. Edited August 7, 2022 by jyotai 2
SysGhost Posted August 7, 2022 Posted August 7, 2022 1 hour ago, OctavioA83 said: Hello, Crazy Doll. Please reply. Urgent Question: this "mod" is compatible with High School Years? Without more to consult for now, thank you very much. It is compatible, as stated in the description, it can't realy get outdated 1
DDonne Posted August 7, 2022 Posted August 7, 2022 As I brought up quite awhile ago in the other thread I am currently one of TD's patreons, I can understand its his code, his program but as was said to not consult your PAYING customers before removing a feature is pisspoor. And I find some of the nose stuck in the air folks who are saying "well, having teen sex is icky, ugh oh its CP & those that use it are pedos" I'm sitting here LMFAO, seriously people? Every time I come to this site to get any mods I have to be aware whos around me due to the PORN in the ADS alone. Cock sucking, dick fucking both male & females, females sucking clit. I dont mind folks who like porn, RL porn, thats their business, not mine. Nor am I saying LLs should remove it, yup I coukld use an ad blocker but I dont, my choice. It comes down to a creator decided to remove a feature that affects EAs saying Teens are 18+, teens are very hard to tell from the adults in the game, creator chose to not poll his paying clients/customers over on patreon & gives a piss poor like of "well teens are Prepubs" no they are not prepub, go look up the term TD. I posted 3 of the defs in my other post on the other thread. After thinking about it for the week Ive decided my money is better spent on a cup of coffee instead of a creator that decided to force his choices on others. If he got a c&d from EA or a change or else from them then thats one thing. But I'll bet a bunch of money he hasnt. I'm done 4
SysGhost Posted August 7, 2022 Posted August 7, 2022 20 minutes ago, DDonne said: As I brought up quite awhile ago in the other thread I am currently one of TD's patreons, I can understand its his code, his program but as was said to not consult your PAYING customers before removing a feature is pisspoor. And I find some of the nose stuck in the air folks who are saying "well, having teen sex is icky, ugh oh its CP & those that use it are pedos" I'm sitting here LMFAO, seriously people? Every time I come to this site to get any mods I have to be aware whos around me due to the PORN in the ADS alone. Cock sucking, dick fucking both male & females, females sucking clit. I dont mind folks who like porn, RL porn, thats their business, not mine. Nor am I saying LLs should remove it, yup I coukld use an ad blocker but I dont, my choice. It comes down to a creator decided to remove a feature that affects EAs saying Teens are 18+, teens are very hard to tell from the adults in the game, creator chose to not poll his paying clients/customers over on patreon & gives a piss poor like of "well teens are Prepubs" no they are not prepub, go look up the term TD. I posted 3 of the defs in my other post on the other thread. After thinking about it for the week Ive decided my money is better spent on a cup of coffee instead of a creator that decided to force his choices on others. If he got a c&d from EA or a change or else from them then thats one thing. But I'll bet a bunch of money he hasnt. I'm done So I think I've seen your other post, but again you bring up what I think is most important: TD removing a feature that was always there (and optional) without even informing the people who support him and then not saying a word about anything that is happening. Like he must see the war that has begun right? And I agree that it in the end of the day it is still TD's mod, and he can take it in any direction. But as I stated in a comment (wich I believe is deleted), atleast inform your (paying) supporters and listen to the feedback they give you (within reason ofc). And finally if he truly does not feel comfterable anymore, then that is that. But I honestly don't believe he is such an airhead that he thinks teens are now prebulecent, I am willing to bet money on that he has other reasons, of wich it would be nice to let people know, albeit just to get both sides to calm down by now. 2
Guest Posted August 7, 2022 Posted August 7, 2022 51 minutes ago, jyotai said: That is why at the end of the day, all that matters is where EA and Turbo 'legally' are - which is a process of where they live and where they are incorporated / have their headquarters. This is why you can smoke 100 lbs of ganja in Jamaican if you're a rasta or tell the Queen of England to go fuck herself if you're in the USA - and Russia or England won't mess with you unless you're stupid enough to do these things in their countries instead. So does internet crime legality apply to, for example, a VPN based in a foreign country? To be clear, as far as I'm aware I'm not doing anything online that's illegal in Russia, but if I was running a Russian VPN and broke a Russian internet law could I as an American end up culpable under Russian law, and fined (or whatever) by Russian authorities? I fully admit that this is a theoretical question with zero specific examples, or immediate relevance to this topic whatsoever, but in a world where local and international business are getting increasingly blurry I'm curious about the finer points. Plus this is the type of thing it's probably best to have clarity on, for posterity or whatever.
maddtis Posted August 7, 2022 Posted August 7, 2022 2 hours ago, OctavioA83 said: Hello, Crazy Doll. Please reply. Urgent Question: this "mod" is compatible with High School Years? Without more to consult for now, thank you very much. No that doesn't work still has the options locked
SysGhost Posted August 7, 2022 Posted August 7, 2022 25 minutes ago, maddtis said: No that doesn't work still has the options locked You know you have to first enable everything in settings and then give them the "Post-Puberty" trait right?
havoc_onion Posted August 7, 2022 Posted August 7, 2022 7 hours ago, Khlas said: People just found a way to complain to promote their sick mod adding pets sex stuff without shame it seems. If they are just lazy to download a functionality from a mod that the patreon version used to need since age. You do realize that you are on a site that explicitly allows zoophilic content, right? This whole site allows it. Check the site rules. If it really bothers you so much maybe it would be better for you to boycott LoversLab entirely. 3
LavenderCat Posted August 7, 2022 Posted August 7, 2022 10 minutes ago, havoc_onion said: You do realize that you are on a site that explicitly allows zoophilic content, right? This whole site allows it. Check the site rules. If it really bothers you so much maybe it would be better for you to boycott LoversLab entirely. Most of these people never seem to stray form the Sim 4 side. Meanwhile there are those of us who got to the Fallout and Elder Scrolls side and that's all there is. Like, not really kidding. Fallout 4 and Skyrim are two parts of this site where it is near impossible to find plain vanilla sex mods.
Khlas Posted August 7, 2022 Posted August 7, 2022 (edited) 1 hour ago, havoc_onion said: You do realize that you are on a site that explicitly allows zoophilic content, right? This whole site allows it. Check the site rules. If it really bothers you so much maybe it would be better for you to boycott LoversLab entirely. i am aware of it and I know how to ignore, tho I’m not promoting such content around and in sims it’s feels more weird than in Skyrim because they are literally your own pets and familiar part of your family. It’s gross. It’s not because it’s allowed that I should enjoy it. It’s also not because it’s allowed that it’s alright either, tho I didn’t create a full thread and make a fuss about it. im in loverslab since 2011, I think I know what is inside loverslab more than you (or same? No idea), I was there even when loli shit was still wandering around before 2014 when Ashal instaured the rule banning such content. I saw things there and I know how to ignore them. What I’m talking about is the community as a whole not the content that can be blacklisted, but you probably read it wrong and poorly. also It’s not a random user that is going to tell me what I have to do, what to read, and what to check from a forum that you aren’t moderating, btw. I don’t need any of your advice, especially knowing where you are coming from. Edited August 7, 2022 by Khlas
jyotai Posted August 7, 2022 Posted August 7, 2022 (edited) 3 hours ago, allegedly said: So does internet crime legality apply to, for example, a VPN based in a foreign country? To be clear, as far as I'm aware I'm not doing anything online that's illegal in Russia, but if I was running a Russian VPN and broke a Russian internet law could I as an American end up culpable under Russian law, and fined (or whatever) by Russian authorities? No. But you coulld end up having to deal with the US authorities given you're in the USA - IF you did something that violated US law. That should be obvious. All a VPN is doing is letting you spend money on something so your ISP can know EXACTLY what you are doing while telling you it has no idea. Edited August 7, 2022 by jyotai
Jessiebeanie Posted August 8, 2022 Posted August 8, 2022 On 8/6/2022 at 6:53 PM, sirfappington2 said: Oh so he did go full scumbag and delete all negative comments/reviews. What's the point then in a review system if the guy can just delete reviews he doesn't like? What a joke. Review bombing is not allowed, and due to that, the administrator has temporarily disabled them in the WW section until the outrage dies down and the weirdos who want teen sex find out about the inappropriate unlock. (YA look identical to teens, so its purely out of some sort of attraction towards teens it seems. )
Jessiebeanie Posted August 8, 2022 Posted August 8, 2022 On 8/5/2022 at 4:06 PM, SysGhost said: What is it with people and throwing terms like pervert? Like my guy, we all installed a f***ing porn mod... you're not less of a pervert then anyone else here. Well I mean perverted as in going too far since YAs are visually the same as teens and the context of the sims being teens makes me uncomfortable. 1
Jessiebeanie Posted August 8, 2022 Posted August 8, 2022 On 8/5/2022 at 4:09 PM, jyotai said: Remove all your Mods and you will not see this division. That's something that people in this forum came up with. You only have toddlers, childs, teen, young adult, adult, and elder. The teen, as of the July 27 (26?) patch, now has BOTH a romance AND a sex preference and an interaction that runs WooHoo animations. EA made them more adult now. My stance on this issue would be 180-degrees in the OTHER DIRECTION if EA has instead given them a Romance Preference but no sex preference. That would be what I would expect for 'kids in puppy love'. If EA had done that, I'd be on the other side of the fence in this discussion, and would have gone through my game and aged up every Sim that had any level of the 'sexpertise' skill, and split them apart from the ones that were staying as "young teens". BUT... Instead EA gave WooHoo to teens, not modders. Oh. Ohhh..... I had it the other way around lmfao I have wayyy to many mods. My bad.
LavenderCat Posted August 8, 2022 Posted August 8, 2022 Just now, goy said: Review bombing is not allowed, and due to that, the administrator has temporarily disabled them in the WW section until the outrage dies down and the weirdos who want teen sex find out about the inappropriate unlock. (YA look identical to teens, so its purely out of some sort of attraction towards teens it seems. ) Very random and hypothetical question: How do they know it was review bombing for the sake of review bombing/trolling, and not people actually being upset? It's not a question that needs an answer as they are going to go back through and make sure all the reviews are valid and not trolling. But that bring up another question: What counts as a "Valid" review? I'm sure my definition is different from yours and from the moderators, but it is something to think about. Also, there's no right or wrong answer here, and I'm not expecting an answer, just expecting you to give it a thought! ^w^ 3
Jessiebeanie Posted August 8, 2022 Posted August 8, 2022 Just now, LavenderCat said: Very random and hypothetical question: How do they know it was review bombing for the sake of review bombing/trolling, and not people actually being upset? It's not a question that needs an answer as they are going to go back through and make sure all the reviews are valid and not trolling. But that bring up another question: What counts as a "Valid" review? I'm sure my definition is different from yours and from the moderators, but it is something to think about. Also, there's no right or wrong answer here, and I'm not expecting an answer, just expecting you to give it a thought! ^w^ Many of them were promoting a mod that was banned from this site, using the unwarranted anger over the update as a cover. The anger is mostly unjustified as there is an inappropriate unlock file from the mod author themself that unlocks teens. My definition of a valid review would be something that gives the user's general overall thoughts along with constructive feedback to give something for the author to work off of. Simply going "Add back teen sex now! ?" or "Get DD instead" won't cut it in my book, I want to know why these people want teen sex back soo badly that they refuse to install a 2nd file to add to the list of thousands of mods they likely have installed. Fortunately for these people I'm not a moderator (nor plan on becoming one) so their low effort criticism got to stay until the mods got fed up too. Hope that explains my view point. 4
Gambit Posted August 8, 2022 Posted August 8, 2022 You don't have to tell people if their anger is justified or not. A lot of review aren't very constructive for any mod. So TD had a special treatment from the mods to avoid bad rating on his review from people reacting badly from a decision, good or bad, he made. 1
jyotai Posted August 8, 2022 Posted August 8, 2022 (edited) 1 hour ago, goy said: Oh. Ohhh..... I had it the other way around lmfao I have wayyy to many mods. My bad. No surprise. It's the gut instinct that surely EA didn't add the adult aspects to teens. The corp behind the game couldn't possibly be the one behind that. And yet they are. Weirdly. EA added sexual preferences AND romance preferences. One could argue the 'romance' is purely teen and prepubescent. But the sex preference is purely adult. Then they ALSO added the mess around interaction and instead of having it play some awkward kissing, had it play the WooHoo animation. So yeah - a 'major US gaming company' put adult actions on their teens. That would seem extremely weird, until we realize they're rumored to have declared in the past, although in a tweet; that a Sims 4 teen is actually 18. If they had only added a romance preference to teens, and if the 'Mess Around' interaction had played something uncensored that was clearly 'childish puppy love' in nature - we'd be having a very different discussion here, and I would be on the other side of it. In fact if EA had done that, I'd be arguing Turbo hadn't gone far enough. Edited August 8, 2022 by jyotai 6
Recommended Posts