The current controversy and anger of the community with the new Wicked Whims update

hmmmmmmmmmm 600 eur is in ...dump.

Lost. The game is dead. I play mostly with older women and myself. I've programmed photorealistic copies of my real women in there. It was fun.
The game's dead now, 5,000 mods beyond repair.
If I'd known that, I'd have had my internet disconnected for a year.
I have a lot of old games that I never update for these very reasons.

They'll never fix this again. Can't even load the game. Not a single new mod worked. 

6 minutes ago, erotoman said:

hmmmmmmmmmm 600 eur is in ...dump.

Lost. The game is dead. I play mostly with older women and myself. I've programmed photorealistic copies of my real women in there. It was fun.
The game's dead now, 5,000 mods beyond repair.
If I'd known that, I'd have had my internet disconnected for a year.
I have a lot of old games that I never update for these very reasons.

They'll never fix this again. Can't even load the game. Not a single new mod worked. 

It seems to work excellently for a number of us. Put your save files, tray and mods-folder on desktop, do a repair game, put them back and see if that helps. My game works without a hitch.

Mods that requite the XML-injector seems to be acting up though.

2 hours ago, LordMemnoch said:

Turbodriver has always been a bit of a twit.  Just look at all the garbage around Devious Desires (no I don't know the full story, I don't care) and it becomes crystal clear that Turbodriver and company are trying to force their morality and opinions onto others, to the detriment of the community.

I am here to get mods for games, not an ethics lesson. 

For all who don't know, there are good viable alternatives to Wicked Whims, use those instead.  To be honest they seem more stable and when using them I get less errors. 

Clearly Turbodriver let real world people know about his mod and now they have applied pressure for him to change the mod to suit their moral code. 

I do think it's a dick slap in the face to all the people who PAID good money for his mod, I hope they take their money elsewhere.

To Turbodriver, grow a backbone, and grow up.

What and where is "good viable alternatives??? Do you have name ? Page ?

Edited by erotoman
9 hours ago, Vanilla Scent said:

Yes we do have that, but that we have to look for an external solution, for something that was ALREADY implemented before, gives a lot to say about the development of the mod.

When I first started using WW a few years ago, we also needed the inappropriate unlock for having teens engaging in sex. I'm not tech savvy at all, but it was just a minor hitch to pass. Now, the unlock is back, and it's still a minor hitch to pass. My expectation is that teenage sex will be reimplemented in the base mod eventually, once the current game emphasis on teenagers and current EA emphasis on mods have blown over.

9 hours ago, Vanilla Scent said:

And the popular opinion right now is that Turbodriver is destroying or at least making worse the mod he once created and have invested years of development and making the community separated because of the previous topics exposed… And will only get worse, since the current update didn't touch this topic and probably won't.

The popular opinion in some quarters. Not in other. Do not conflate online outrage with the feelings of the majority of the user base. I have played a number of games where the crowd active on online fora was shaped by a small, but very vocal minority. Only time will tell whether you are right about your assertion that Turbodriver has ruined the mod or not is true, I'm not holding my breath though.

14 minutes ago, SticksStackStuck said:

It seems to work excellently for a number of us. Put your save files, tray and mods-folder on desktop, do a repair game, put them back and see if that helps. My game works without a hitch.

Do you have a program to detect defective mods ? ? I have inside game only 1 last version from Atrois and sex not work.

Edited by erotoman
15 minutes ago, SticksStackStuck said:

Hi...ok

What button? What button did you press to fix the game?

10 minutes ago, erotoman said:

Hi...ok

What button? What button did you press to fix the game?

First, take out mods and save/tray files. Then go to Origin and left click on the Sims game. That will give you an option to repair game.

Put in mods half of them at at time and try starting the game for each time. That way you will quickly deiscover what mods are acting up. Put in the tray/save files last.

12 minutes ago, SticksStackStuck said:

First, take out mods and save/tray files. Then go to Origin and left click on the Sims game. That will give you an option to repair game.

Put in mods half of them at at time and try starting the game for each time. That way you will quickly deiscover what mods are acting up. Put in the tray/save files last.

I delete whole game and reinstal complet new. This is this some way. And not work.

By deleting the whole game and installing a new one I also got the fixes in the game automatically.

Edited by erotoman
38 minutes ago, SysGhost said:

Damn, it honestly surprises me that he is even ignoring the patreons. Like I could understand that he ignores the bad review bomb that dropped, but even the people that make sure he can continue development? Kinda low in my opinion.

7 hours ago, CPU said:

Message from the staff

Do NOT start discussions about why teens were locked by EA or TurboDriver.

Their code, their decision, their rules.

This thread is for the generic support and comments of the main WickedWhims mod from TurboDriver.

If you wanna continue the discussion open a new thread and use it.

Remember that links to patches or other mods that are NOT allowed on LoversLab will be removed as soon they are discovered with consequences for the posters.

As the mods said his code, decision and rule... not even patreons can give opinion is bullshit

NO WAY THEY DELETED OTHER ONES OPINIONS CAUSE THEY CRITICIZE TURBODRIVER. ACTIONS OMFG

Edited by Mr Netorare
29 minutes ago, Mr Netorare said:

NO WAY THEY DELETED OTHER ONES OPINIONS CAUSE THEY CRITICIZE TURBODRIVER. ACTIONS OMFG

Yeah, I saw.

I'm not really one who voices my opinion because I'm only here in the forums because it's an outlet for me to create stories, but for a while now I've harbored resentment to the people who run this forum and thought about just outright leaving multiple times. Recent events just solidified that.

1 minute ago, SysGhost said:

Seems like they did

Okay this went from reasoning, to insta censoring in a way that opinions against Turbodriver actions are now even forbidden on this topic. Beause Turvodriver isn't reading or hearing reasons and the mods support such thing. What's this North Korea!?

2 minutes ago, Vanilla Scent said:

Okay this went from reasoning, to insta censoring in a way that opinions against Turbodriver actions are now even forbidden on this topic. Beause Turvodriver isn't reading or hearing reasons and the mods support such thing. What's this North Korea!?

I honestly feel like TD just contacted the mods on this site like: "Stop them, they are mean". Like he can't face the consiquenses of his actions.

This comment is, because I said that, probably going to be deleted... But this whole thing is not looking good XD.

15 minutes ago, Vanilla Scent said:

What's this North Korea!?

I was about to say this. We're just a bunch of horny people in an 18+ adult modding forum, not in an authoritarian regime.

Edited by JMTe
5 hours ago, SticksStackStuck said:

When I first started using WW a few years ago, we also needed the inappropriate unlock for having teens engaging in sex. I'm not tech savvy at all, but it was just a minor hitch to pass. Now, the unlock is back, and it's still a minor hitch to pass. My expectation is that teenage sex will be reimplemented in the base mod eventually, once the current game emphasis on teenagers and current EA emphasis on mods have blown over.

The popular opinion in some quarters. Not in other. Do not conflate online outrage with the feelings of the majority of the user base. I have played a number of games where the crowd active on online fora was shaped by a small, but very vocal minority. Only time will tell whether you are right about your assertion that Turbodriver has ruined the mod or not is true, I'm not holding my breath though.

And since they deleted my counterpoint last time, here I am to say it again without "meany" words...

Sorry but I can't agree with you on this one, deleting something that was already implemented and is about the 90% of people complains in the current reviews of WW, reddit, patreon and loverslab is not a "quarter" or even a minority of users as you assume. Is more likely that ones that accept such treatment from the developer are the minority of the game base users. Almost every post and content creator of Lovers Lab had talked about this and not supporting the current change on TEENS with TEENS. And more likely a majority of the user base is against that change, it literally breaks to many saves and playthroughs. 

Something similar happened with the Genshin Impact anniversary, and so far as everyone remembers the whole community was outrageous. And thinking that as minor hitch just allow the creator (In this case Turbodriver) to ignore feedbacks of his community and patreons and to don't care about the current complains, as Hoyoverse did. Don't conflate the community disappointment and negative opinion as a minor thread or low %, cause is not. 

But so far Turbodriver hasn't even touched this topic and we can assume he won't cause the last update from 170j and hiding it with a Wicked Trait and a censoring pop up, is not only a misleading move but not a solution of this. And to "fix" something that was intentionally made to break your own mod system, with external links. To some players and me it seems like worsening your mod and not a long term solution for the users. 

Fine, if you think it's okay for the developer to delete that feature without the feedback of his community and patreons. To not say that you have to fix it EVERY new update with an external mod for a long term, sure go ahead and we will respect your opinion. But please, don't assume we'll tolerate that "hitch" an censor for me or the other % of the community in a long term scenario.

8 minutes ago, SysGhost said:

I honestly feel like TD just contacted the mods on this site like: "Stop them, they are mean". Like he can't face the consiquenses of his actions.

This comment is, because I said that, probably going to be deleted... But this whole thing is not looking good XD.

We aren't even being mean, we just stating facts about the decision of Turbodriver and how is wrong

54 minutes ago, Mr Netorare said:

not even patreons can give opinion is bullshit

Let me also reiterate what I said earlier without profanity.

It's unfair that even TD's Patrons have no say in all of this. It's like the equivalent of covering your ears and yelling LALALALA so you won't have to hear anyone. 

12 minutes ago, Happyday100 said:

What is your problem? You install the unlock file and everything works like before? Nothing is deleted or removed. It is one file and one trait.

And yeah the new update is buggy as shit, but thats not TD fault.

Maybe think about that this way: For the popularity WW has, it is a fucking wonder that it is not nuked from Orbit by some conservative news outlet or whatever.

Remember the Mass Effect sex with aliens discussion.... That was fun. Now imagine the Headline: "Popular Kids Game and Hardcore Sex? Report later tonight"

The current problem is that YOU the user of the mod have to install something that was already implemented as an extra mlink and that doesn't work properly to say less on ingame saves.

Second is the hypocrisy of Turbodriver deleting this feature and trying to hide it with that Wicked trait and ingame pop up.

And third, deleting a perfectly functional update like 170h that ALREADY implemented the topics in the post, to make it buggy on purpose and deleting its links. Yes that's the problem and also that TD doesn't care about the patreons opinion and constantly censors members opinions that aren't agreeing with him. Anything else?

Edited by Mr Netorare
8 hours ago, LordMemnoch said:

Turbodriver has always been a bit of a twit.  Just look at all the garbage around Devious Desires (no I don't know the full story, I don't care) and it becomes crystal clear that Turbodriver and company are trying to force their morality and opinions onto others, to the detriment of the community.

I am here to get mods for games, not an ethics lesson. 

For all who don't know, there are good viable alternatives to Wicked Whims, use those instead.  To be honest they seem more stable and when using them I get less errors. 

Clearly Turbodriver let real world people know about his mod and now they have applied pressure for him to change the mod to suit their moral code. 

I do think it's a dick slap in the face to all the people who PAID good money for his mod, I hope they take their money elsewhere.

To Turbodriver, grow a backbone, and grow up.

Nor am I here for drama between creators.  Their drama has no place in my game!