The current controversy and anger of the community with the new Wicked Whims update

Help newcomers like me instead of fighting!

I am the one who opened the subject called underwear problem and 1 person did not even reply!

Shame on you all! You are unnecessary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This seems like a silly argument when you can mod those features back in if you'd like to... But where's the frustration over the horrible naming systems from these damn modders? Or, are you all satisfied being relegated to searching your CC folder for hours trying to figure out which slider broke your CAS joy? Are there no conventions? :P

39 minutes ago, DownGoesFrazier23 said:

People are losing saves and there game is messed up. They have a right to bash that bastard he's messing with there game.

Are you aware that this is an EA game bug where console player are also affected?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-and-Mod-CC-Issues/MOD-ISSUE-Game-doesn-t-save-Time-reset-on-transition-Part/m-p/11697810#M22316

People are complaining here because AHQ moved it from Game bug to Mod issue while console players are also affected. (Also posting the link because there's some highly paranoid people in this forum that will calling you conspiracy for no fuckin reasons).

Edited by Khlas
57 minutes ago, Khlas said:

Are you aware that this is an EA game bug where console player are also affected?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-and-Mod-CC-Issues/MOD-ISSUE-Game-doesn-t-save-Time-reset-on-transition-Part/m-p/11697810#M22316

People are complaining here because AHQ moved it from Game bug to Mod issue while console players are also affected. (Also posting the link because there's some highly paranoid people in this forum that will calling you conspiracy for no fuckin reasons).

Console players have nothing to do with this stop Deflecting!!!! It's also been stated that old versions of WW are breaking peoples games. Wake up for once and see the truth. 

16 minutes ago, DownGoesFrazier23 said:

Console players have nothing to do with this stop Deflecting!!!! It's also been stated that old versions of WW are breaking peoples games. Wake up for once and see the truth. 

1 hour ago, DownGoesFrazier23 said:

People are losing saves and there game is messed up.

You are literally "deflecting" the subject sharing something unrelated to OP concern which is a bug from the game itself (rollback from saves/losing saved progress), and then speaking about WW old versions which is irrelevant to the issue you mentionned earlier. 

I corrected your mistake and shared that link where a big number of console players has this issue, making WW out of question since console players can't use any mods.

Edited by Khlas
11 minutes ago, Khlas said:

You are literally "deflecting" the subject sharing something unrelated to OP concern which is a bug from the game itself (rollback from saves/losing saved progress), and then speaking about WW old versions which is irrelevant to the issue you mentionned earlier. 

I corrected your mistake and shared that link where a big number of console players has this issue, making WW out of question since console players can't use any mods.

It's not irrelevant people wanted the old versions of WW because it still allowed teen sex but those old WW files are also breaking people games. This isn't an EA but. Many WW players have come out and said this. I'm not deflecting it seems like that's what all you TD supporter do. Deflect and blame others for his fuck ups. Your the one that ignore what and stated and dropped something about console players as if console players can use mods. This isn't a great look for TD or you since you support him so much

I feel sorry for mod authors since EA 1.90.XXX.XXXX patch update.
TD and other mod authors that are trying to write work arounds for denied by EA buggy updates.
Considering TD is trying to write work arounds for a bug that is an EA error that they have not resolved, then my hat goes off to TD.

Sure I wont touch any version of WW after 1.70g until EA fixes their game breaking 1.90.XXX.XXXX patch updates

(Even though WW tells me their is new WW updates when I load my game, I rolled back intentionally ffs).
Yep my friend is playing TS4 on Xbox One and has the exact reset from CAS ground hog day bug that I faced on PC.

As for the whole WW teen nerf rubbish, yep it blows, but as been pointed out it's not like TD has to do things to my liking or anyone elses for that matter.
Whine and gripe all that we may, it don't change the fact that WW is TD's mod to do with as he pleases with regardless of public bitching.

So imagine being a mod author of a popular mod and trying to add overbloated error checking code into your mod to correct something that is unknown as to why the bug happens in the first place.
Damn frustrating that would be, then add in a sea of on the fence users wingeing, bitching, gripeing and slinging shit at your efforts and personal decissions...
Wonder how long you'd keep releasing free mod updates to public under these circumstances?

Edited by smashl66

I figured this would happen a while ago, really. All stances on morality aside, The Sims 4 is a massively popular international game run by a big-name studio with (at least somewhat of) a vested interest in maintaining a certain image. That spans all demographics, many of whom are very hostile to any type of pervert shit. I'm surprised they even referenced this mod in game (Wicker Whims furniture) in the first place, but them doing that shows that they're aware of and alright with his content. That could easily change very quickly if the right group kicked up a loud enough fuss. Especially considering the additionally complicated layer involving Patreon monetization. "Wicked Assistant" is...well, you know. Check the avatar. Familiar look. None of this implies that Turbo hates his users or wants them to suffer for what they like, or is even morality flexing. AFAIK all he said was he's "not comfortable," and there are a lot more reasons to be "not comfortable" than his personal morality. Like it or not, I'm pretty sure he dodged a big bullet with this choice.

And I'm not saying that the teen (or incest) content is either better or worse, morally, than a lot of other mods out there. It isn't. What it is, though, is pertinent to a moral issue that a lot of people have strong feelings on, vocal opposition to, and a significantly higher likelihood of being lobbied against than a lot of other immoral video game content. That's just the way society is at this time, like weather. If I were him, I'd have taken it out too, and that's me saying that as someone who thinks it falls under the umbrella of "generic realism with controversial connotations which are useful to storytelling, and probably better explored in fiction than swept under the rug and/or shouted down." In other words, because I can be long-winded lol, I couldn't give less of a moralistic shit about the content removed here, but I still think he made the right choice.

Only time will tell if it turns out to be necessary. Maybe EA wouldn't care. Maybe it will be added back. But in this social climate, I can't blame him.

18 minutes ago, Mr Netorare said:

Ye about that...

update.gif.b344d1f7128ebcab9eb374cfe8bda1be.gif

Yeah really point mute for me.

I'm not a subscriber (eg: not a payer for homebrew mods).

I feely download the public WW from the WW website or LL (Mostly the WW website as I don't have to log in).

Pay for supscriptions are a user choice and not a cumpulsory, basically more like a donation.

My initial final quoted line should have read: "Wonder how long you'd keep releasing free mod updates to public under these circumstances?"

In other words mod author could just drop the whole mod project and be done with it.

Edited by smashl66
9 minutes ago, allegedly said:

I figured this would happen a while ago, really. All stances on morality aside, The Sims 4 is a massively popular international game run by a big-name studio with (at least somewhat of) a vested interest in maintaining a certain image. That spans all demographics, many of whom are very hostile to any type of pervert shit. I'm surprised they even referenced this mod in game (Wicker Whims furniture) in the first place, but them doing that shows that they're aware of and alright with his content. That could easily change very quickly if the right group kicked up a loud enough fuss. Especially considering the additionally complicated layer involving Patreon monetization. "Wicked Assistant" is...well, you know. Check the avatar. Familiar look. None of this implies that Turbo hates his users or wants them to suffer for what they like, or is even morality flexing. AFAIK all he said was he's "not comfortable," and there are a lot more reasons to be "not comfortable" than his personal morality. Like it or not, I'm pretty sure he dodged a big bullet with this choice.

And I'm not saying that the teen (or incest) content is either better or worse, morally, than a lot of other mods out there. It isn't. What it is, though, is pertinent to a moral issue that a lot of people have strong feelings on, vocal opposition to, and a significantly higher likelihood of being lobbied against than a lot of other immoral video game content. That's just the way society is at this time, like weather. If I were him, I'd have taken it out too, and that's me saying that as someone who thinks it falls under the umbrella of "generic realism with controversial connotations which are useful to storytelling, and probably better explored in fiction than swept under the rug and/or shouted down." In other words, because I can be long-winded lol, I couldn't give less of a moralistic shit about the content removed here, but I still think he made the right choice.

Only time will tell if it turns out to be necessary. Maybe EA wouldn't care. Maybe it will be added back. But in this social climate, I can't blame him.

Finally a good argument with no hate speech or hypocrisy, I can totally respect this kind of point of view even though it is contrary to mine. And as you said only time will tell if it turns out to be necessary, and I hope TD at least read the objective posts in this thread or at least his Patreons.

1 hour ago, DownGoesFrazier23 said:

That TD isn't a great person. Dude messed up a bunch of saves for people who use WW and the fact that he broke the old versions of WW for a reason. 

Messed up a bunch of saves for people who choose to use the content? It's common knowledge that mods might mess up your save in this game. Why are you outsourcing your responsibilities?

2 minutes ago, Vanilla Scent said:

Finally a good argument with no hate speech or hypocrisy, I can totally respect this kind of point of view even though it is contrary to mine. And as you said only time will tell if it turns out to be necessary, and I hope TD at least read the objective posts in this thread or at least his Patreons.

i do have a ? how r the patreon ppl take the removed of the teen stuff? i know on LL ppl r not happy

23 minutes ago, tankball said:

i do have a ? how r the patreon ppl take the removed of the teen stuff? i know on LL ppl r not happy

It was removed even for patreons, if YOU want to use that feature download external mods. I wont recommend doing so, sorry

1 hour ago, TurtleYekaterina said:

Messed up a bunch of saves for people who choose to use the content? It's common knowledge that mods might mess up your save in this game. Why are you outsourcing your responsibilities?

Mods aren't supposed to mess with your saves and his mod never did until know. Why are you acting foolish this is an easy concept to understand. He clearly did this on purpose to prevent users from using the old version of WW to access teen compatibility again. Stop taking up for him. He's been known to mess with peoples games aka the malicious code he placed in WW to mess with those who use DD. Your taking up for this guy as if what he's doing it okay.  

As far as I know,  "Teen" covers a variable age between what...14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.   As far as I'm concerned the age range falls within the *legal* age for sex in any country that the mod being used by the user. There's really no set number indicated as far as I know in The Sims 4. 

If you're using those mods in the USA, then let's just say that the ages being considered for teen sex is 16-18, depending on state. 

And if anyone didn't think teens in high school weren't having sex, then gods, do I have news for you.  ?   Or hell, even drugs. (hi Basemental Drugs) Or even violence 

Not everyone signed up for that Rainbow Brite shit when they bought The Sims 4, or hell, even Skyrim, Fallout 4, because there's plenty  of things in those games that wouldn't pass muster with EA.  Rape, slavery, BDSM, crime, etc.   EA is marketing The Sims 4 to kids.  I can respect that, because kids aren't going to be on Lover's Lab afaik. 

That's why us mild mannered perverts are on Lover's Lab.  ?

25 minutes ago, SoCalExile said:

I'm probably not going to get HSY until it goes on sale. Problem solved. 

Until then I'm just going to use DD because it's reliable. There is no pedo or pedo controversy in it so the drama is moot. 

God forbid people let other people make their own decisions.

High School Years is legit good.  Only thing I'm not digging, and this may have been in a regular update patch, but people running around the Sulani beach with back hair is a vibe killer! lol 

8 minutes ago, Kerrigan001 said:

High School Years is legit good.  Only thing I'm not digging, and this may have been in a regular update patch, but people running around the Sulani beach with back hair is a vibe killer! lol 

Just pretend you're in the Mediterranean, lol