Old HDT Support Thread.

Monsto Brukes

I noticed other thing, at least on my game, the HDT dll is incompatible with nioverride.dll from race menu, I had to remove race menu to be able to enter the game

post 1167 on page 59 of this thread look at it... update race menu

I was using that latest version

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but here goes: I've been starting the Dawnguard quests and I've just entered Dimhollow Crypt. After I walk a little bit in, I get a crash and this in the log:

hdtPhysicsExtensions
[11/16/13 20:06:47]INFO: Queue OK
[11/16/13 20:06:47]INFO: System run with 8 threads
[11/16/13 20:06:47]INFO: Havok simulated world created.
[11/16/13 20:06:47]INFO: SKSEPlugin_Load
[11/16/13 20:08:35]INFO: Cell changed...
[11/16/13 20:09:03]INFO: Physics system loaded : DATA\MESHES\actors\character\character assets female\hdtCBBE.xml
[11/16/13 20:09:03]INFO: Physics system loaded : DATA\MESHES\actors\character\character assets female\hdtCBBE.xml
[11/16/13 20:09:14]INFO: Cell changed...
[11/16/13 20:09:14]INFO: Add character 03002f6d
[11/16/13 20:09:14]INFO: Add character 0300f4bb
[11/16/13 20:09:14]INFO: Add character 0301a536
[11/16/13 20:09:14]INFO: Add character 0301a533
[11/16/13 20:09:14]INFO: Add character 0301a526
[11/16/13 20:09:14]INFO: Add character 00000014
[11/16/13 20:09:15]WARNING: Physics delta time > 0.2, lose time
[11/16/13 20:09:16]WARNING: Physics delta time > 0.2, lose time
[11/16/13 20:09:17]INFO: Physics system loaded : DATA\MESHES\actors\character\character assets female\hdtCBBE.xml
[11/16/13 20:09:17]INFO: Add character 4a005c0b
[11/16/13 20:09:36]ERROR: Fatal error occured
[11/16/13 20:09:36]ERROR: Code : 0x80000003
[11/16/13 20:09:36]ERROR: Flag : 0x00000000
[11/16/13 20:09:36]ERROR: Module : ÑýNUüN
[11/16/13 20:09:36]ERROR: Address : 0x00ecd92e
[11/16/13 20:09:36]ERROR: Module Address : 0x00c8b131
[11/16/13 20:09:36]ERROR: ExceptionContent saved in hdtPhysicsExtensions.dump
[11/16/13 20:09:36]ERROR: Plugin is trying to save game

Any help/explanation/direction to another forum is appreciated.

@Hydro 

I change my question, How we could enable "collisionFilterInfo" feature ?

from this http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/297937 I notice that set it to "0" means to always collide  

I want to set it to number 1 or 2 but if I set it to any number except 0, it ignore collision. I need this filter/layering for two things like hairline and hair nif. Maybe you could help?

Thanks

@Hydro 

from this http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/297937 I notice that set it to "0" means to always collide  

I want to set it to number 1 or 2 but if I set it to any number except 0, it ignore collision. I need this filter/layering for two things like hairline and hair nif. Maybe you could help?

Thanks

It's not decided yet.

for now I just use a bitfield. The highest 8 bits means which group it belong to(0-23, group>24 means no collide with anything), and the lowest 24 bits means whether it collide with a group(1=no collide).

you can use a win7 build-in calcurator (program mode) to calcurate what you want.

1.[Dec]

2.input group id

3.[shl] 24

4.[=]

5.[bin]

6.[Or]

7.input 24 bits mask(the rightest is group 0 and leftest is group 23)

8.[=]

9.[Dec]

and that is what you want.

@Hydro 

Thanks

It's not decided yet.

for now I just use a bitfield. The highest 8 bits means which group it belong to(0-23, group>24 means no collide with anything), and the lowest 24 bits means whether it collide with a group(1=no collide).

you can use a win7 build-in calcurator (program mode) to calcurate what you want.

1.[Dec]

2.input group id

3.[shl] 24

4.[=]

5.[bin]

6.[Or]

8.[=]

9.[Dec]

That's dependent on what object quality you have set for the rb. I don't think its possible to change that without doing it directly to the xml in notepad. I could never figure out how that stuff works on the collision filter, but I doubt any of it would work anyway. What is it exactly that you are trying to do? Are rbs clipping into each other?

HDT each bit in the mask represents the number of the group you want "this" body to collide with? If the mask is 24 zeros it will collide with every other group right? And if you assign "this" body to group 24 (your first/leftmost 8 bits) it will disable collision with all other groups yes? Does this make everything floaty or is there still gravity when  collisions are disabled?

For now, yes I am walking around naked, purely because I want to get the collision working before I move on to editing armors.

So far I've followed the tutorials diligently, but they seem to be ones concerned with the basic installation of the HDT physics mod. I'm still not sure which part of the installation process (in nifskope) specifically involves activating the collision physics.

To make the collision effect work you MUST have the HDTphysicsExtension.dll in your SKSE folder. Having the HDTphysicsExtension.xml in the SKSE plugin adds the basic physics to any body or armor that has breast and or butt bones on it. You then need to take the hdt.xml you found in the Manga body thread that adds collision to the HDTphysics, and drop it in whatever folder that has the part you wish to change ( so if you want to add collision to the body, put it in the same folder as the body, add it to an armor, put it in the same folder as the armor ). You then need to attach it to the nif as described in the tutorial. 

At this point I'm getting ready to start a new NEW thread for requests to do this, just so I don't have to keep reading the same questions over and over in this thread or hell the handful of others I keep seeing this pop up on all over LL.

The questions I'm asking aren't the same questions you've been answering over and over again. Yes, I have the latest HDTphysicsExtension.xml installed in the SKSE plugins folder. I have the latest XPMS skeleton (1.91) and I have the latest UNPB BBP (2.5.2) installed. The .dll and .xml files are taken from the front page downloads of this thread. I've carefully and manually edited the UNPB BBP body carefully following the instructions provided. Collisions are still not seen.

UGHRYCQ.png

6XR39k7.png

I'll upload the files involved that I've done. BUT I have seen something called hdtPhysicsExtensions.log in the SKSE folder. Looking into it I found a log that listed out this:

hdtPhysicsExtensions

[11/17/13 12:06:35]INFO: Queue OK

[11/17/13 12:06:35]INFO: System run with 4 threads

[11/17/13 12:06:35]INFO: Havok simulated world created.

[11/17/13 12:06:35]INFO: SKSEPlugin_Load

[11/17/13 12:06:47]INFO: Suspending ... Mist Menu

[11/17/13 12:07:05]INFO: Resuming... Mist Menu

[11/17/13 12:07:06]INFO: Suspending ... Loading Menu

[11/17/13 12:07:32]INFO: Resuming... Loading Menu

[11/17/13 12:07:32]INFO: Cell changed...

[11/17/13 12:07:32]INFO: Add character 00000014

[11/17/13 12:07:33]INFO: Suspending ... FavoritesMenu

[11/17/13 12:07:36]WARNING: Invalid havok serialize file : Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female\hdt.xml

[11/17/13 12:07:37]INFO: Resuming... FavoritesMenu

[11/17/13 12:08:10]INFO: Suspending ... Console

What does this warning mean and is this somehow involved with the inability to form collisions?

EDIT: NVM, I've figured out the problem. The Warning log has been telling me what's up all along.

WARNING: Invalid havok serialize file : Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female\hdt.xml

I just made a copy of the hdt.xml file into the character assets female folder in addition to the character assets folder, and it worked.

Apparently you don't need to place the hdt.xml file into the same folder as the body mesh, so while following the tutorial that said that I should put the reference address in character assets female (which contained the XPMS skeleton) and dump the hdt file into the character assets (which contained the UNPB body mesh) folder instead, it caused the dll to lose track of where it was.

Anyway thanks for the help though.

femalebody_0.nif

femalebody_1.nif

hdt.xml

hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml

Your string is pointing to Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female\hdt.xml, but your second image shows it is really data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\hdt.xml

On a sidenote, I tried installing these files myself. For some reason if I don't have the hdt.xml in the same folder as my body it won't use collisions. It doesn't matter if I go and change what the string points to, I could put hdt.xml in the same folder as the plugin, change the string to do data/skse/plugins/hdt.xml, but it will still ignore it; if I point it to the same folder as the body though everything works fine. I even tried overwriting the xml that comes with the plugin with the collision enabled one, but that doesn't make any difference either, even when I do point the path in the nif to that file.

@Hydro 

Thanks

It's not decided yet.

1.[Dec]

2.input group id

3.[shl] 24

4.[=]

5.[bin]

6.[Or]

8.[=]

9.[Dec]

That's dependent on what object quality you have set for the rb. I don't think its possible to change that without doing it directly to the xml in notepad. I could never figure out how that stuff works on the collision filter, but I doubt any of it would work anyway. What is it exactly that you are trying to do? Are rbs clipping into each other?

HDT each bit in the mask represents the number of the group you want "this" body to collide with? If the mask is 24 zeros it will collide with every other group right? And if you assign "this" body to group 24 (your first/leftmost 8 bits) it will disable collision with all other groups yes? Does this make everything floaty or is there still gravity when  collisions are disabled?

@Hydro

could you give example what I have to put at step 

2 and 7 please ?

One more question, this will add a new "layer group" but RBs will still collide from the same group, aren't they? Thanks again

@canderes

Here is the problem, I load two different xml which injected at two identical nif (hairline.nif and hair.nif)

1. Case 1 both xml is absolutely identical, hair loaded including to what their xml injected. World combined two xml and you can see Where It should only one tail (using ponytail) but 2 tail emerged. I can see one of them is hair.nif and other is hairline.nif from its different alphaProperty lighting. Unsolved

2. Trying to add collision filter to second xml. Normally the value range is 1 to infinite (from what I know with havok tools). Add value 1, test in game. The nif that injected with value 1 is ignoring collision between ANY RBs. Unsolved

3. Wanna try what Hydro told me but confused at certain step

Gonna read this for the moment while waiting

Why do you have two nifs with the same thing? Wouldn't it be easier to merge all nifs and rigid bodies in one scene and export a single xml/nif? The only hairs that I've seen using hair and hairline were vanilla, I don't think any of the custom ones I've seen have both. The ones I have made only use a single mesh, bsdismember, and include all the rbs in the same scene. I've only ever used one nif as hair, and that includes it being the skull cap, bangs, and tails/long hair; I doub't you both hair and hairline for it to function correctly.

@Hydro 

Thanks

It's not decided yet.

1.[Dec]

2.input group id

3.[shl] 24

4.[=]

5.[bin]

6.[Or]

8.[=]

9.[Dec]

@Hydro

could you give example what I have to put at step 

2 and 7 please ?

One question, this will add a new "layer group" but RBs will still collide from the same group, aren't they? Thanks again

@canderes

Here is the problem, I load two different xml which injected at two identical nif (hairline.nif and hair.nif)

1. Case 1 both xml is absolutely identical, hair loaded including to what their xml injected. World combined two xml and you can see Where It should only one tail (using ponytail) but 2 tail emerged. I can see one of them is hair.nif and other is hairline.nif from its different alphaProperty lighting. Unsolved

2. Trying to add collision filter to second xml. Normally the value range is 1 to infinite (from what I know with havok tools). Add value 1, test in game. The nif that injected with value 1 is ignoring collision between ANY RBs. Unsolved

3. Wanna try what Hydro told me but confused at certain step

Gonna read this for the moment while waiting

if sth belongs to group 1 and will not collide with group 2 and 3:

1 Lsh 24

Binary mode:

post-100850-0-56981400-1384670086_thumb.jpg

Or  0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 1100

post-100850-0-01502200-1384670172_thumb.jpg

post-100850-0-30950600-1384670271_thumb.jpg

And this is what we need:

post-100850-0-68120300-1384670343_thumb.jpg

it's calcurate under programmer mode(the 3rd mod, alt+3)

@canderes

The filter is the same as the one in MMD. if sth masked as no collide with group x, then it will no collide will all things belongs to group x.(x can be the group it belongs).

the default filter(hkpGroupFilter) has 4 fields(5 bit per field) which make it much more difficult to calcurate, and it's really difficult to design.(because of the collision relationship between layers are fixed)

Why do you have two nifs with the same thing? Wouldn't it be easier to merge all nifs and rigid bodies in one scene and export a single xml/nif? The only hairs that I've seen using hair and hairline were vanilla, I don't think any of the custom ones I've seen have both. The ones I have made only use a single mesh, bsdismember, and include all the rbs in the same scene. I've only ever used one nif as hair, and that includes it being the skull cap, bangs, and tails/long hair; I doub't you both hair and hairline for it to function correctly.

No, Most hair mod that good textures (SG Hair, Apachii, Ponytail by azar,.. dunno with others) has hairline and hair nif. 

hairline and hair has different settings for its NiAlphaProperty. It has purposes to make those two.

Merge into one indeed easier but without hairline/hair feature, It loss quality on lighting purposes.

I did have hair and hairline functioned properly.

I have to choose NiAlphaProperty between two (hair or Hairline). Currently, The tail part use NiAlphaProperty  from Hairline (show the texture to front) and the front use from hair (give biased lighting effect).

PS: FYI, NiAlphaProperty is an important part if we want to make some effect to the texture that apply for mesh

@hydro

Arigatou gozaimasu

Yes they do include hairline and hair, but they are not identical overlapping meshes. The vanilla ones with the name hair only contain the skull cap and the bangs, hairline in vanilla only has the tails sideburns or braids that hang down, it isn't the same mesh twice. The hair you have right now has the texture problem because the meshes are overlapping into z fighting. Vanilla meshes do not overlap, they only join at the seam. Hairline alpha is lower quality, probably for parts of the hair that dont need detailed transparency; if you merge both to use hair and the hair nialpha branch instead the filtering on them will probably look better.

For now, yes I am walking around naked, purely because I want to get the collision working before I move on to editing armors.

So far I've followed the tutorials diligently, but they seem to be ones concerned with the basic installation of the HDT physics mod. I'm still not sure which part of the installation process (in nifskope) specifically involves activating the collision physics.

To make the collision effect work you MUST have the HDTphysicsExtension.dll in your SKSE folder. Having the HDTphysicsExtension.xml in the SKSE plugin adds the basic physics to any body or armor that has breast and or butt bones on it. You then need to take the hdt.xml you found in the Manga body thread that adds collision to the HDTphysics, and drop it in whatever folder that has the part you wish to change ( so if you want to add collision to the body, put it in the same folder as the body, add it to an armor, put it in the same folder as the armor ). You then need to attach it to the nif as described in the tutorial. 

At this point I'm getting ready to start a new NEW thread for requests to do this, just so I don't have to keep reading the same questions over and over in this thread or hell the handful of others I keep seeing this pop up on all over LL.

The questions I'm asking aren't the same questions you've been answering over and over again. Yes, I have the latest HDTphysicsExtension.xml installed in the SKSE plugins folder. I have the latest XPMS skeleton (1.91) and I have the latest UNPB BBP (2.5.2) installed. The .dll and .xml files are taken from the front page downloads of this thread. I've carefully and manually edited the UNPB BBP body carefully following the instructions provided. Collisions are still not seen.

I'll upload the files involved that I've done. BUT I have seen something called hdtPhysicsExtensions.log in the SKSE folder. Looking into it I found a log that listed out this:

hdtPhysicsExtensions

[11/17/13 12:06:35]INFO: Queue OK

[11/17/13 12:06:35]INFO: System run with 4 threads

[11/17/13 12:06:35]INFO: Havok simulated world created.

[11/17/13 12:06:35]INFO: SKSEPlugin_Load

[11/17/13 12:06:47]INFO: Suspending ... Mist Menu

[11/17/13 12:07:05]INFO: Resuming... Mist Menu

[11/17/13 12:07:06]INFO: Suspending ... Loading Menu

[11/17/13 12:07:32]INFO: Resuming... Loading Menu

[11/17/13 12:07:32]INFO: Cell changed...

[11/17/13 12:07:32]INFO: Add character 00000014

[11/17/13 12:07:33]INFO: Suspending ... FavoritesMenu

[11/17/13 12:07:36]WARNING: Invalid havok serialize file : Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female\hdt.xml

[11/17/13 12:07:37]INFO: Resuming... FavoritesMenu

[11/17/13 12:08:10]INFO: Suspending ... Console

What does this warning mean and is this somehow involved with the inability to form collisions?

EDIT: NVM, I've figured out the problem. The Warning log has been telling me what's up all along.

WARNING: Invalid havok serialize file : Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female\hdt.xml

I just made a copy of the hdt.xml file into the character assets female folder in addition to the character assets folder, and it worked.

Apparently you don't need to place the hdt.xml file into the same folder as the body mesh, so while following the tutorial that said that I should put the reference address in character assets female (which contained the XPMS skeleton) and dump the hdt file into the character assets (which contained the UNPB body mesh) folder instead, it caused the dll to lose track of where it was.

Have you

data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\hdt.xml written in StringData or

meshes\actors\character\character assets\hdt.xml?

Files are located in the Data folder or a subfolder, specify relative to the data.

So without data. Otherwise it may be problems.

@Hydro

It did the trick for the collision but the happiness doesn't last long. Between two xml, they are playing different "steps"... Ughhh... It start from zero again but I did learn more from this collision trick.

I did remember when I doing experiment where I put the hair.nif to "gloves" slot and equip it as equipment. They play same steps, I think this only happen before update series 11. Seems I've to discard using NiAlphaProperty method.

Can someone help me out ?

I've two issues wtih hdt.

First one is actually no issue, but the mt.idle.hkx doesnt work for me. My character is acting the animations, but the breast doesnt move. Any idea why ?

I installed the mod as in the steps and everything else is working.

Second problem is, that the npc body's are all invisible if I remove the clothes, why ?

I use T/BBP CBBE Body from Caliente Tools

I installed xp32ms skeleton and used the "GenerateFNISForUser".

But nothing changed. Can it be, that the bodymod is the problem ?

All who want to test if the collision system works in their settings could just use this to test http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22955-hdt-breast-for-all-tbbp-body-and-armor/ - if it works, there's no issues in bodies/skeletons I believe and they're free to continue adding it manually via nifskope.

Really, it's impossible to keep on track with customized HDT files. I know that there is a will to keep stuff together, but there's a own thread for adding HDT collision to different skeletons. People say it's easy to change values, but I see no logic why everyone need to do the same job when wanted results already exists. Thanks to courtesy of Jerbs and Corwin (http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19451-hdt-support-unof-cur-v9-28-minor-v11-13-see-minor-rls-links-for-info-xp32-new-physics-enabled-outfit/?p=563682 almost missed this one - fear not, not reviewing XD) I have some idea how to change values, as those two 9-28 (?) based files are VERY close to what I want.

If there would be a own thread for customized files, the data could be presented like this:
HDT version used: xx-xx
Description: Fantasy/jelly/happy-bounce/realistic+/natural/what-bounce?/none (lol)
Extras: hair/clothing physics included or related which should be taken into account (well, same as HDT version)
Bonus would be video or gif attached, in order to see the result
Attached files (one or both files): (yay)

Have you

data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\hdt.xml written in StringData or

meshes\actors\character\character assets\hdt.xml?

Files are located in the Data folder or a subfolder, specify relative to the data.

So without data. Otherwise it may be problems.

Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female\hdt.xml

was set as path in the nif that was uploaded.

Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\hdt.xml

was the path where the xml file was in.

The xml doesn't have to be in a special location just these two paths must be correct with each other.

I followed the instructions but it's not working. I use CBBE and TBBP and I get the breast bounce normally but it doesn't work like that gif of the idle where the hands move the breasts. (I use that idle and It doesn't move like the gif) Also the ass bouncing is weird.

u hv to use the older version of hdt the latest version dont work correctly, have a look at this below

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22938-add-hdt-breast-collision-physics-to-all-your-armor-with-just-1-armor/

Archived