Has anyone found a way around the lovense bluetooth dongle.

It seems to have a very weak antenna and the toys are disconnecting way too often. It would be great i you would be able to use a generic dongle.

(yes, i know you can use your phone...but there must be a better way, right?)

On 2/6/2023 at 7:40 PM, kfen72 said:

It seems to have a very weak antenna and the toys are disconnecting way too often. It would be great i you would be able to use a generic dongle.

A Bluetooth dongle that also supports BLE should work fine, but maybe double check with the butttplug.io discord?

Hey, I may be stupid, but this isn't detecting AAF Sex scenes for me. I've probably missed a key step in setup, so if this is a common issue please can someone tell me how to fix it. Thanks : )

I FIGURED IT OUT, there were extraneous quote marks around the trigger for .+BDH-INFO - OnSceneInit.*

Hopefully this can help someone in the future, so I'm gonna leave this post here for posterity

Edited by Jessubmissive
On 2/7/2023 at 10:58 PM, randomname002 said:

A Bluetooth dongle that also supports BLE should work fine, but maybe double check with the butttplug.io discord?

buttplug.io does work, but(for me, at least) has massive lag. The lovense app does not, but keeps disconnecting. Strange this is, that when i just use the lovense app by itself, It does not disconnect. I'm starting to think, it might have something to do with the lovense/gift combo within windows. Using it via the app on my phone seems to work just fine.

I'm thinking about installing an android emulator and running it from my PC to find out if that would help.

On 2/7/2023 at 4:22 PM, Jessubmissive said:

Hey, I may be stupid, but this isn't detecting AAF Sex scenes for me. I've probably missed a key step in setup, so if this is a common issue please can someone tell me how to fix it. Thanks : )

I FIGURED IT OUT, there were extraneous quote marks around the trigger for .+BDH-INFO - OnSceneInit.*

Hopefully this can help someone in the future, so I'm gonna leave this post here for posterity

Thanks. I haven't actually tested the fallout triggers since I migrated the events to external yaml files (Rather than being hardcoded). I'll fix that.

12 hours ago, kfen72 said:

buttplug.io does work, but(for me, at least) has massive lag. The lovense app does not, but keeps disconnecting. Strange this is, that when i just use the lovense app by itself, It does not disconnect. I'm starting to think, it might have something to do with the lovense/gift combo within windows. Using it via the app on my phone seems to work just fine.

I'm thinking about installing an android emulator and running it from my PC to find out if that would help.

Hmmmm. I'm not sure how GIFT would cause disconnects in the Lovense app. All that it does is interface with the API that the app exposes to trigger vibrations / patterns / etc. I do agree that the Lovense dongle is bad though, and has poor signal strength.  Personally, I just use it through my phone (I have a cheapo secondary phone with no service for apps like that).

Also: Buttplug.io has very low lag in my local tests (And for other users that have collaborated on the project); Something is likely wrong on your end, for that one.

Edited by Min
Add comment about buttplug.io

This is pretty cool! Thanks for making it.

A couple of things regarding the YAML event files:

1) It would be nice if some of the SkyrimScriptInterface class functions took more flexible parameters as input from the yaml files. For example, I was attempting to integrate "Unforgiving Devices" vibrate events, which have the following general pattern:

[02/09/2023 - 08:28:08AM] [UD,1,T=413.331024]: Vibrate called for Plug (Grand Soulgem) (Vaginal) on Arissa, duration: 640, strength: 57, edging: 0

[02/09/2023 - 08:38:33AM] [UD,1,T=1017.801025]: Vibrate called for Jeweled Piercings (Nipples) (Soulgem) on Arissa, duration: 5, strength: 60, edging: 0

The obvious SkyrimScriptInterface function to use would be the "vibrate" function used for DD, but unfortunately, there are two problems. First, "duration" and "strength" are reversed in the UD log output when compared to DD, and second, UD defines "strength" on a different scale than does DD (1-100 vs 1-5).

Both of these problems could be fixed if the "vibrate" function took a few parameters as input. For example, it could take regex match group numbers/names as optional input to allow reordering of strength and duration, and it could take a couple float multipliers as input to adjust the magnitude of the match group values.

To be sure, it seems like that was more the intent behind the generic vibrate/shock functions, but they don't take in variable data from the regex match either, unfortunately.

2) The release version appears to have a small typo in the "_parse_generic_params" function in the python script (1.2.1 and 1.3.0: "pattern = "pattern" in parmas..."), which it looks like was rectified on the repo. This unfortunately prevents the generic vibrate and generic shock event functions from working at all via the YAML files.

I did manage to get a couple of custom events working despite these issues (UD Vibrate is a hack, at the moment), and a third is ready for whenever the generic functions are fixed. If you're curious:

Spoiler
- UD Vibrate:
    regex: ".+UD.([0-9]).+Vibrate called for.+{GIFT_ACTOR_NAME}..duration..([0-9]+).+"
    function: vibrate

- SLSO Orgasm:
    regex: ".+SEXLAB - ActorAlias.{GIFT_ACTOR_NAME}.  - {GIFT_ACTOR_NAME}- Orgasms.+"
    function: player_orgasmed

- STA Spanks:
    regex: ".+_STA_: Spanky: CounteR:.+"
    function: generic_random_shock
    params:
        duration: 1
        min_strength: 50
        max_strength: 100

Edited by loniceraa
1 hour ago, loniceraa said:

1) It would be nice if some of the SkyrimScriptInterface class functions took more flexible parameters as input from the yaml files. For example, I was attempting to integrate "Unforgiving Devices" vibrate events, which have the following general pattern:

[02/09/2023 - 08:28:08AM] [UD,1,T=413.331024]: Vibrate called for Plug (Grand Soulgem) (Vaginal) on Arissa, duration: 640, strength: 57, edging: 0

[02/09/2023 - 08:38:33AM] [UD,1,T=1017.801025]: Vibrate called for Jeweled Piercings (Nipples) (Soulgem) on Arissa, duration: 5, strength: 60, edging: 0

The obvious SkyrimScriptInterface function to use would be the "vibrate" function used for DD, but unfortunately, there are two problems. First, "duration" and "strength" are reversed in the UD log output when compared to DD, and second, UD defines "strength" on a different scale than does DD (1-100 vs 1-5).

Both of these problems could be fixed if the "vibrate" function took a few parameters as input. For example, it could take regex match group numbers/names as optional input to allow reordering of strength and duration, and it could take a couple float multipliers as input to adjust the magnitude of the match group values.

To be sure, it seems like that was more the intent behind the generic vibrate/shock functions, but they don't take in variable data from the regex match either, unfortunately.

2) The release version appears to have a small typo in the "_parse_generic_params" function in the python script (1.2.1 and 1.3.0: "pattern = "pattern" in parmas..."), which it looks like was rectified on the repo. This unfortunately prevents the generic vibrate and generic shock event functions from working at all via the YAML files.

I did manage to get a couple of custom events working despite these issues (UD Vibrate is a hack, at the moment), and a third is ready for whenever the generic functions are fixed. If you're curious:

Reveal hidden contents

Hey! Glad you're enjoying the mod. :)

That's good feedback regarding the generic shock/vibrate functions; I'll update those functions to take positional regex matches. I'll expand them with additional functionality too.

Ah. Sorry about that typo; I'll publish a fixed version shortly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 9:40 AM, kfen72 said:

On 2/9/2023 at 1:34 PM, kfen72 said:

I use a lush with buttplug.io, with 0 lag, using the app on the phone, working flawlessly. Desktop buttplug.io+lovense use is almost impossible for me, and it only works about 20% of the time, with a lot of lag and very low range. Both with the lovense dongle and with a random bluetooth4 dongle. I think when buttplug.io updated this year, it stopped working adequately. It has nothing to do with gift, btw. 

So in my opinion after all my tests with these, the best way of using gift with lovense toys is buttplug.io phone app.

On 2/12/2023 at 7:05 PM, loniceraa said:

Hide contents
- UD Vibrate:
    regex: ".+UD.([0-9]).+Vibrate called for.+{GIFT_ACTOR_NAME}..duration..([0-9]+).+"
    function: vibrate

- SLSO Orgasm:
    regex: ".+SEXLAB - ActorAlias.{GIFT_ACTOR_NAME}.  - {GIFT_ACTOR_NAME}- Orgasms.+"
    function: player_orgasmed

- STA Spanks:
    regex: ".+_STA_: Spanky: CounteR:.+"
    function: generic_random_shock
    params:
        duration: 1
        min_strength: 50
        max_strength: 100

I'm publishing 1.3 this morning, which addresses some of this. Positional arguments are now supported, at least.

- Test:
    regex: ".*Test: ([0-9]+) - ([0-9]+)"
    function: generic_random_vibrate
    params:
        duration: $2
        min_strength: $1
        max_strength: $1

Edited by Min

New version is up: 1.3.0

• New config menu adding the ability to configure which toys respond to which events.
  • oauth support for Chaster, so that users no longer need to obtain a developer token to utilize it.
  • Add support for referencing regex matches in generic function parameters ($1, $2, etc).
  • Fixed broken chaster min / max time variables from GIFT 1.2
  • Fixed broken generic event functions from GIFT 1.2.
  • Add basic support for M&B BannerLord.
Edited by Min
3 hours ago, albyznts said:

I use a lush with buttplug.io, with 0 lag, using the app on the phone, working flawlessly. Desktop buttplug.io+lovense use is almost impossible for me, and it only works about 20% of the time, with a lot of lag and very low range. Both with the lovense dongle and with a random bluetooth4 dongle. I think when buttplug.io updated this year, it stopped working adequately. It has nothing to do with gift, btw. 

So in my opinion after all my tests with these, the best way of using gift with lovense toys is buttplug.io phone app.

If you use the Lovense phone app instead of the Buttplug.io phone app, you will have pattern support for vibrations (Different vibration patterns depending on the source of the event).

Was testing out the xbox controller option and while it triggers when starting the program, it doesn't with the Test buttons, just keeps spitting this out. Anyone know what it means, im kinda dumb when it comes to programming.

[GameInterfaceForToys] Toy Vibrate - start(duration=5, strength=10, pattern=random)
[GameInterfaceForToys] Invoking all devices in interface Xbox controller
[GameInterfaceForToys] random - selected: vibrator_2
[GameInterfaceForToys] [-] Unhandled Exception (<class 'TypeError'>): XboxControllerInterface.vibrate() takes from 3 to 4 positional arguments but 5 were given
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "GameInterfaceForToys.py", line 677, in main
  File "GameInterfaceForToys.py", line 142, in vibrate
  File "GameInterfaceForToys.py", line 196, in _do_action
  File "toys\vibrators\vibrator.py", line 32, in action
TypeError: XboxControllerInterface.vibrate() takes from 3 to 4 positional arguments but 5 were given

43 minutes ago, Pancakes6868 said:

Was testing out the xbox controller option and while it triggers when starting the program, it doesn't with the Test buttons, just keeps spitting this out. Anyone know what it means, im kinda dumb when it comes to programming.

[GameInterfaceForToys] Toy Vibrate - start(duration=5, strength=10, pattern=random)
[GameInterfaceForToys] Invoking all devices in interface Xbox controller
[GameInterfaceForToys] random - selected: vibrator_2
[GameInterfaceForToys] [-] Unhandled Exception (<class 'TypeError'>): XboxControllerInterface.vibrate() takes from 3 to 4 positional arguments but 5 were given
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "GameInterfaceForToys.py", line 677, in main
  File "GameInterfaceForToys.py", line 142, in vibrate
  File "GameInterfaceForToys.py", line 196, in _do_action
  File "toys\vibrators\vibrator.py", line 32, in action
TypeError: XboxControllerInterface.vibrate() takes from 3 to 4 positional arguments but 5 were given

Ah. Looks like I broke xbox controller support in 1.3. I'll publish a fix for that soon. It should work in 1.2, if you want to download the older version in the mean-time.

Hello,

I have a problem with GIFT. I tried the 1.2.1 version and the 1.3.1. 
I'm using Buttplug.io.
I've connected the toy trough Intiface and it's working there. (See image).
I've selected the buttplug.io in GIFT (See Image).
I've configured the papyrus log file.
I've selected the name of my character.
I've used the test button in GIFT ant it works.

[GameInterfaceForToys] Invoking all devices in interface ButtplugIO
[GameInterfaceForToys] random - selected: animation_sprinting

But ingame, noting works.
Once a scene start I got this kind of messages in GIFT : 

Package[453010421] Priority[99] Flag[0]
Override Picked -- Package[1214935776] Priority[99] Flag[0]
Package[453044699] Priority[99] Flag[0]
Override Picked -- Package[1214932416] Priority[99] Flag[0]

I tried Defeat / Surrender button for a quick test and it does not vibe the toy at all.

Can someone help me?

GameInterfaceForToys_VyhN8e3C7P.png

intiface_central_LHs5gHDZE1.png

45 minutes ago, glitchydust said:

Hello,

I have a problem with GIFT. I tried the 1.2.1 version and the 1.3.1. 
I'm using Buttplug.io.
I've connected the toy trough Intiface and it's working there. (See image).
I've selected the buttplug.io in GIFT (See Image).
I've configured the papyrus log file.
I've selected the name of my character.
I've used the test button in GIFT ant it works.

But ingame, noting works.
Once a scene start I got this kind of messages in GIFT : 

I tried Defeat / Surrender button for a quick test and it does not vibe the toy at all.

Can someone help me?

GameInterfaceForToys_VyhN8e3C7P.png

You appear to have the wrong log selected. The messages that GIFT is configured to respond to by default are written to Papyrus.0.log.

51 minutes ago, Min said:

You appear to have the wrong log selected. The messages that GIFT is configured to respond to by default are written to Papyrus.0.log.

Thank you, I have only those two files (image) 
image.png.ef4e7108207d07e8fbf9eee4561b5115.png

Those are located in the C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE
Should I use : "PapyrusUtilDev.log0" ?

I used that in the ini file : 

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation = 1

From the papyrus Page it says https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13048 

3.9 SE - 02/04/2020
Fixed loading of FF allocated forms from co-save
Changed log file location to My Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition/SKSE/PapyrusUtilDev.log

I use the AE version of skyrim (sadly).

Edited by glitchydust
1 hour ago, glitchydust said:

Thank you, I have only those two files (image) 
image.png.ef4e7108207d07e8fbf9eee4561b5115.png

Those are located in the C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE
Should I use : "PapyrusUtilDev.log0" ?

I used that in the ini file : 

From the papyrus Page it says https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13048 

I use the AE version of skyrim (sadly).

The typical path for your papyrus log is Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Logs\Script\Papyrus.0.log. The mod you linked is PapyrusUtil (This is a mod that extends Papyrus's capabilities).

All versions of Skyrim are supported (including AE). No issue there.

Edited by Min
29 minutes ago, Min said:

The typical path for your papyrus log is Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Logs\Script\Papyrus.0.log. The mod you linked is PapyrusUtil (This is a mod that extends Papyrus's capabilities).

All versions of Skyrim are supported (including AE). No issue there.

I don't have a "logs" folder. Do I need the creation engine? or it's supposed to work by itself?

29 minutes ago, glitchydust said:

I did this in my C:\Users\USER\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition
There are my two files.

explorer_Q9cI7kofyQ.png

Skyrim.ini 1.9 kB · 0 downloads SkyrimCustom.ini 70 B · 0 downloads

I would suggest googling around to see if you can find more information; For instance, some mod managers (Such as ModOrganizer) sometimes keep a different copy of the .ini files, rather than what's in your Skyrim Special Edition folder.

16 hours ago, Min said:

I would suggest googling around to see if you can find more information; For instance, some mod managers (Such as ModOrganizer) sometimes keep a different copy of the .ini files, rather than what's in your Skyrim Special Edition folder.

Thanks a lot with the .ini file! I used MO2, so I didn't knew there were ini files by profiles. The log is now showing!
But it still does not vibrate the toy :'( 

I got good message in GIFT tho : 

[02/23/2023 - 08:34:17AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Bandit Outlaw]  - Expression.Applied(Pleasure) Strength:1; OpenMouth:False
[02/23/2023 - 08:34:17AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[BAKA001]  - PlayMoan:True; UseLipSync:TRUE; OpenMouth:False

I found that this might be the problem : 

[GameInterfaceForToys] Toy Vibrate+ - No toys for event data_events_games_skyrim_sexlab.yaml_Sex Stage Start are enabled.
[GameInterfaceForToys] Toy Shock - No toys for event data_events_games_skyrim_sexlab.yaml_Sex Stage Start are enabled.

I got this in the YAML file : 

- Sex Start:
    regex: .+SEXLAB - ActorAlias\[{GIFT_ACTOR_NAME}\] SetActor.+
    function: sex_start
    group: default
    case_sensitive: False

Any idea? :O 

Edited by glitchydust
2 hours ago, MoanMoon said:

Thanks a lot with the .ini file! I used MO2, so I didn't knew there were ini files by profiles. The log is now showing!
But it still does not vibrate the toy :'( 

I got good message in GIFT tho : 

I found that this might be the problem : 

I got this in the YAML file : 

Any idea? :O 

Yep. Click the "Configure Events" button on the left, and then hit "enable all". New in 1.3, users have the ability to control what toys respond to what events. Right now, no toys are configured to respond to any events in your setup.