On 12/13/2022 at 1:14 AM, ozooma10 said:

@Frayed Just FYI for people reporting issues regarding Solo Scenes not working via holding hotkey.

OSL Aroused intentionally didn't include that functionality, so people using OSL Aroused wont have that functionality (if trappings is dependent on it).

I'm planning on adding it in a future update, but in the interim you can just tell them to find a mod that can trigger initiating Solo SL scenes.

Yes, I was checking out OSL Aroused earlier this week and saw that it didn't have that feature. Makes sense given its scope and where it's at. I think I'll just add a few dialogue lines that start the SL scene themselves, that will remove the need for the player to figure out a way to start the scene. Probably the neatest solution, and it's not too hard to do.

Hello, the mod looks great but I have encountered an error that, once I got myself locked up in the pillory and the dremora appeared and removed the restraints, it didn't start a sex scene afterwards and seemed to have moved into an idle state (started saying random chats as a regular npc)

On 12/16/2022 at 3:09 AM, lktforever said:

How is the second part development going?

Slooooooooowly. Real life has kept me busy lately, so while I have a bunch of small bits planned out, I haven't had/made the time to implement them. I've got some free time coming up, though, so I hope to sit down and build some of the core bits in the next few weeks.

2 hours ago, xiaoqil said:

Hello, the mod looks great but I have encountered an error that, once I got myself locked up in the pillory and the dremora appeared and removed the restraints, it didn't start a sex scene afterwards and seemed to have moved into an idle state (started saying random chats as a regular npc)

Sounds like the SL scene failed to start. Which Skyrim platform, version, and versions of Sexlab and DD are you running? Is Sexlab running? Is DD initialized? If by chance you tried the mod on a brand new game (as I do when testing), did you remember to save/load at some point? DD only starts up the first time you load a save, not on the initial new game start (I forget this often when testing).

Hey,

I'm running this on LE and when I get sent to the first puzzle room I don't seem to be locked in any restraints, or have any in my inventory. I'm just hanging in the device naked. And I can escape the device fine, but I assume the next part doesn't work without a blindfold to escape from since when I interact with things the prompt "which device do you wish to esape from?" appears but my only option is "None".

So I went back and looked at the main page, and it says I should be using a newer version of Devious Devices (I'm on 5.1.7 which is the most recent one I can find for LE), but the link appears to be for SE only so I'm unsure if that is the issue or it's something else entirely. Which is a shame because I really enjoyed the Lia's games and was looking forward to this :P.

6 hours ago, azasriel said:

Hey,

I'm running this on LE and when I get sent to the first puzzle room I don't seem to be locked in any restraints, or have any in my inventory. I'm just hanging in the device naked. And I can escape the device fine, but I assume the next part doesn't work without a blindfold to escape from since when I interact with things the prompt "which device do you wish to esape from?" appears but my only option is "None".

So I went back and looked at the main page, and it says I should be using a newer version of Devious Devices (I'm on 5.1.7 which is the most recent one I can find for LE), but the link appears to be for SE only so I'm unsure if that is the issue or it's something else entirely. Which is a shame because I really enjoyed the Lia's games and was looking forward to this :P.

Devious Devices has had beta versions for their 5.2 update for a long time, posted in their development thread. I use some of those features, so being on the old version is almost certainly what's causing your issues.

Get e.g. this one (DD 5.2 Beta 7):

or presumably any later one, but I've only tested up to beta 7 myself.

Hey there o7

First of all, I made sure to wear no Toys or DD at all and made a hard safe.

I'm a bit confused about the start...

After drinking the wine and attempt to sleep, my Heroine get stiff and falls on the ground while "Irkalla" appears.

So far, so good.

Nothing happens, well... not really.

While my heroine stands up again, they're just idling...

I've waited about 5 minutes before pressing END to be able to move again, slept for an hour and then talked to her.

On 2nd attemps and later, figured, the key didnt do a thing, it was 'timed'.. spent like 5 minuts for each attempt just waiting there.

However, I like the different options of dialog (tested them all, so what is coming up next, happens each and every time!).

While she asks about the trial (I supposed that should have happend between falling to the ground and before talking to her), I'll get "sent to the dungeon" eventually.

But just before that, I get:

1. A message about the devices she puts on me
  2. Right after that, "Quest failed" (after several repetitions, game crashed, now I did not experience this - 'obsolte' but leaving it here as documentation of my experience)
  3. "Wake up" in the dungeon.

While its my first playthrough of Skyrim, I made sure to set everything DD & Toy related on easy (Skyrim vanilla for unlocks, Leechmode visiblity, etc).

Getting of the... "hang pole" was easy (as defined), getting rid of the arm binders was.. obvious.

However, I'm now stuck with "hood & mittens", nothing further actualy lets me interact with.

Not the "indention", not the rug, nor the hook.

Last issue here is that, while I was hoping to get any help from the orb, the "dialog" skips so fast, I cant even read it.

Its "hint" is:

.. well, my 'counter question'... "You expect me to mastrubate?!"

But regardless wether I press N or fondle myself up to a full arousal bar, nothing happens.

I know there's something in my wenchged fingers of my right hand, but I cant seem to figure how to 'use it'.

Since the game crashed on the like 6th or 7th attempt, I had started from the tavern again (on purpose), but am still stuck here.

The Orb still speeds his text so fast, that I have no way of reading it - english is not my native language.

EDIT:

Got further!

Examine everything you got rid off

Edited by Sephrajin

Sadly, I have to remove the mod.

I really like the idea and the overall approach - well done.

But having to record a video....

1. when I talk to the orb for a hint,
  2. watch it,
  3. then fullfill the demand,
  4. and record the next answer of the orb again
  5. to then watch again - frame by frame - mind you!

Is very immersion breaking to me.

Please get me right, I'm thankfull you've added an orb for hints!

As I belive this still allows for some immersion, but having the text that fast makes it unplayable to me :(

PS:

Allthough not listed, did you make use of the Ry-go-uh (or whatever) mod that so many use for silent voice lines to make text skip-able?

Because if so, that might be the cause, as I play on the GOG edition, which the according requirements do not support it (yet), at at least the GOG edition of that silent voicefile mod is missing.

(here i thought just 1 sec silent voicefiles would do the trick and would not require anyting SKSE related - not sure if this even is applicable here anyway... idk..)

Either way, this is the only (quest-related-) mod so far that I've encountred which shows this kind of issue (fast text).

Edited by Sephrajin

@Sephrajin That quest start issue has been reported before. After you

Spoiler

hit the bed, fall down and Irkalla shows up, she's only supposed to say one line and then teleport you to the quest start. You're not supposed to be standing up and talking to her - if that happens then something broke.

For some people this doesn't happen, but I haven't narrowed down why. Usually they report it does work after a reload, which makes it even more nebulous. I haven't been able to reproduce it even once, so it might be a platform/version specific bug. I've got some (technical) changes to that part of the quest in the pipeline in the hope that they'll work better, but I'm shooting blind here. Did it work for you after a reload, or did you have to console past it?

Lightspeed dialogue is because you don't have Fuz Ro D-oh, yes. I was under the impression literally everyone had this, since I can't imagine many mod authors actually making appropriately-timed empty voice files for every single dialogue line. But it should've been listed as a requirement, so now it is ?. Note that this is a mod the user needs to have. I don't know about the GOG version, but its mod page (and SKSE) list support for GOG version, so are you sure you can't use it?

Edited by Frayed

Yes I'm aware that "I should have this", fact is, for some (to me) unknown reason, this mod requires a binary that is not compatible (or chain) with SKSE GOG edition.

I wanted to install it (even before i came accross your mod), but I just cant - game wont start.

Thanks for adding to the requirements though! :)

Sidenote, AFAIK it is sufficent for FO4 to have 1 sec empty voice files.

Heck, just a simple 3 and 5 sec empty voice file would suffice - not saying you have to / should do that, just as general statement.

Edited by Sephrajin
On 12/21/2022 at 12:33 PM, Sephrajin said:

Yes I'm aware that "I should have this", fact is, for some (to me) unknown reason, this mod requires a binary that is not compatible (or chain) with SKSE GOG edition.

I wanted to install it (even before i came accross your mod), but I just cant - game wont start.

Thanks for adding to the requirements though! :)

Sidenote, AFAIK it is sufficent for FO4 to have 1 sec empty voice files.

Heck, just a simple 3 and 5 sec empty voice file would suffice - not saying you have to / should do that, just as general statement.

alternatively we could generate actual voice lines with xvasynth. I've been messing with it and i got lines to generate from this mod. Whether they work or not is questionably cause I haven't tested it but hey.

Update time! Some accumulated changes and fixes. I believe the previous version also had some WIP stuff for part 2 in it by accident, which I've removed in this version. Removing records tends to cause issues for upgrading, and I also changed some quest stages, so:

Do not upgrade from v.1.0.3 to v1.1.0 if you've already started the quest. Preferably, only use v1.1.0 on a new save game.

Changelog v1.1.0 (2022/12/23):
- Added line to hint orb to trigger solo SL scene, so that players don't need to trigger it themselves.
- Changed dremora alternate path speech check into a dialogue puzzle.
- Changed quest intro bed trigger to avoid incompatibility/softlock possibility with sleep mods.
- Improved hints for crow key location.
- Moved DHLP-suspend event to an earlier stage in the mod.
- Moved harness puzzle event registration to a later stage in the mod.
- Moved dremora a little closer post scene.
- Fixed bug that sometimes made the orb in the last room of EQ1 rotate around the wrong axis.

@Sephrajin That's unfortunate. I hope that gets fixed soon.

@indolu I think @Mister X made some XVASynth stuff for an earlier version as well. It's been on my mind, but there were a few things keeping me from using it. Firstly, I didn't want to make voice lines until I was certain the dialogue wouldn't change anymore. For part 1 we've reached this stage now, so in principle some VA could be done now. Second, though, the quality of XVASynth lines without manual tweaking is not great. I've messed around with it and you get get it sounding passable with some work, but multiply "some work" by 150 voice lines and you get "a lot of work". I'm also not sure I have voice types in XVASynth for all the actors. I think e.g. the daedric ones don't have enough lines in the vanilla game for XVASynth to have enough training data, and if I use another voice type it would sound off.

Mind you, I'm not opposed to having XVASynth audio - I'd love to have it. But I would keep it optional (as many mods do), and I think making part 2 is more important so I'm going to prioritize that.

2 hours ago, Frayed said:

Update time! Some accumulated changes and fixes. I believe the previous version also had some WIP stuff for part 2 in it by accident, which I've removed in this version. Removing records tends to cause issues for upgrading, and I also changed some quest stages, so:

Do not upgrade from v.1.0.3 to v1.1.0 if you've already started the quest. Preferably, only use v1.1.0 on a new save game.

Changelog v1.1.0 (2022/12/23):
- Added line to hint orb to trigger solo SL scene, so that players don't need to trigger it themselves.
- Changed dremora alternate path speech check into a dialogue puzzle.
- Changed quest intro bed trigger to avoid incompatibility/softlock possibility with sleep mods.
- Improved hints for crow key location.
- Moved DHLP-suspend event to an earlier stage in the mod.
- Moved harness puzzle event registration to a later stage in the mod.
- Moved dremora a little closer post scene.
- Fixed bug that sometimes made the orb in the last room of EQ1 rotate around the wrong axis.

@Sephrajin That's unfortunate. I hope that gets fixed soon.

@indolu I think @Mister X made some XVASynth stuff for an earlier version as well. It's been on my mind, but there were a few things keeping me from using it. Firstly, I didn't want to make voice lines until I was certain the dialogue wouldn't change anymore. For part 1 we've reached this stage now, so in principle some VA could be done now. Second, though, the quality of XVASynth lines without manual tweaking is not great. I've messed around with it and you get get it sounding passable with some work, but multiply "some work" by 150 voice lines and you get "a lot of work". I'm also not sure I have voice types in XVASynth for all the actors. I think e.g. the daedric ones don't have enough lines in the vanilla game for XVASynth to have enough training data, and if I use another voice type it would sound off.

Mind you, I'm not opposed to having XVASynth audio - I'd love to have it. But I would keep it optional (as many mods do), and I think making part 2 is more important so I'm going to prioritize that.

Thanks for changes bro.

I will download again e see if works.

3 hours ago, Frayed said:

Would love to see the story continue so please prioritize that indeed. There are other members that are quite skilled with the software so they could always upload the voice files.

I was tesded the new version and works perfectly.

The bed now works like a "trap" system, and now your hero dont bug with sleep in the bed mod.

My mod works too when i was deleted on stage you go to tavern.Maybe dont need a new save per update but i dont know how works on other pcs.

A sugestion for newer uptades its put any backhistory for your follower.

Its weird you be arrested by elf and your follower just look the trap.?

Maybe put a little dialogue ,like  -Hes track the cavern where your be arrested, but her fail to save you and put on prison too.

Its be cool to put your follower on devious trap on midle of arena ,or you found before the elf encounter on a little prison and need find key your something like that.

But its amazing job.

Edited by Frank_BR
16 hours ago, Frayed said:

Second, though, the quality of XVASynth lines without manual tweaking is not great. I've messed around with it and you get get it sounding passable with some work, but multiply "some work" by 150 voice lines and you get "a lot of work". I'm also not sure I have voice types in XVASynth for all the actors. I think e.g. the daedric ones don't have enough lines in the vanilla game for XVASynth to have enough training data, and if I use another voice type it would sound off.

Yeah, tbc i didn't put in any effort to get the lines sounding good. I just ran it through. Also haven't tested it yet. Im still in the "figuring out how TF this things works" phase of it. I think it has some problems with correct pronunciations. For example some voices say cheat wrong and it cant bee fixed with pitch and stuff. Im looking into getting some phonetic pronunciation stuff. I can send you the lines i have for it, but again they are RAW from xVAsynth, and not edited by me.

Thank you for this. \o/ While at first it made me rack my brain a bit, it really gets you into a new way of thinking about things that you usually don't when playing this game. I enjoyed it quite thoroughly. 

Spoiler

My weird moment was when I was hopping into the pool after removing the chastity belt and Sexlab Parasites decided it was time to slap living armor on me. (It's a really easy fix from the MCM of parasites, but it still kinda made me go 'Oh there had to be one I didn't disable'. xD)

But there's also a bunch of d'oh moments when you realize you already had the solution from the beginning.

23 hours ago, petterparker09 said:

I definitely loved this mod and it's already added to my favorite mods list.
He has a very creative and intuitive search.
I can't wait for the second part to be ready. Do you have any idea when that would be?
By the way... Congratulations!

Thanks ? Second part is still at least months away, but I might post some non-spoiler teasers for you hungry lot when I finish certain parts ?

7 hours ago, sky528 said:

The link for the Devious Device download appears to be dead.  Is there a working link for a compatible version?  Additionally, how much will break with dd 5.1?  I'm guessing at least something would break :(.

Newest DD 5.2 Betas (which should work)

LE: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/69936-devious-devices-framework-developmentbeta/?do=findComment&comment=3942376

SE: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/69936-devious-devices-framework-developmentbeta/?do=findComment&comment=3943633

I don't remember which feature added in 5.2 I need for this mod, but I'm pretty sure there was something. Also, there's really no reason not to use the betas, IMO. They're stable and improve upon 5.1. If all goes well their official 5.2 release shouldn't be too far off, either ?

Edited by Frayed