I am stuck at the very beginning...

first try, I drank the wine, got abducted, then had a pole to interact with and freed myself from it by breaking the device. I still couldn't move at all though and only the rug was within reach but didn't do anything?
Anyway, I reloaded from the save at the inn, got abducted again, now not even the pole spawns and I just stand there with nothing to interact with?

On 7/31/2022 at 6:22 AM, switchyashley said:

This is happening to me, as well! I have all the keys, unlocked everything but the piercings, and then locked myself in the pillory. He had his fun, said he was going to take a nap, then disappears. I struggle to get myself out, and he's not there, anymore. I can interact with the altar, but the altar doesn't respond, anymore. The red orb still appears there. Not sure how to get around it!

22 hours ago, Burtchin said:

Everything seems to work bug-free except:

- I reproduced the dremora bug 4 out of 4 times. He goes away without removing the red ward now. Same game config and mods as the previous, successful runs on v0.3.

I also have this issue and managed to reproduce it every time. Is it a bug tho? Dremora's dialogue leads me to believe that i'm doing something wrong, since he refuses to unlock the pillory and red barrier.

2 hours ago, Akson said:

I also have this issue and managed to reproduce it every time. Is it a bug tho? Dremora's dialogue leads me to believe that i'm doing something wrong, since he refuses to unlock the pillory and red barrier.

Nope the dialogue was like that before but longer, until the dremora did remove the ward. Somehow the convo is just cut short now. Considering that it was working fine many times on v0.3 on my (identical) save, that I reproduce the bug every time on v1.0 and that many others report it since v1.0 was released, the probability that this is an implementation error introduced in v1.0 is high. I'm sure it will be fixed eventually.

18 minutes ago, Burtchin said:

Nope the dialogue was like that before but longer, until the dremora did remove the ward. Somehow the convo is just cut short now. Considering that it was working fine many times on v0.3 on my (identical) save, that I reproduce the bug every time on v1.0 and that many others report it since v1.0 was released, the probability that this is an implementation error introduced in v1.0 is high. I'm sure it will be fixed eventually.

Yep, that sounds like an error on my part. Thanks for testing! I'm even pretty sure I know what it is and it's a simple fix, but it will have to wait about two weeks, since I won't be at my PC with CK and the mod files for a while.

If anyone would like to fix it, I think the issue is this: I added some dialogue for the dremora for when the player gets into the pillory _after_ charming the dremora via speech check. For this I changed the post sex scene dialogue, since he doesn't need to remove the barrier if he already did so earlier (from passing the check). But I probably inverted the condition on the removal dialogue: it should be FrayEQDremoraSpeeched == 0, but it's probably set to == 1. I'll fix it when I get back, anyways.

Taken the wine, got knocked out now all tied up and handing from the pole/chains and can't do anything.

Am I missing something stupidly obvious?

Edit: I facerolled the keyboard and eventually got the opton to struggle out. When through several reloads before this approach worked...

Edit2: Removing the armbinder seems to have bugged and lost the key. I'm going to pass on this...

Edited by ebbluminous
On 5/25/2022 at 2:02 PM, Frayed said:

Again spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

To clarify, your game crashed while talking with the daedric altar? Was this before or after you made a deal with it?

For the harness: did you find the notes on Daedric magic? They contain hints. Now, which parts in the room involve Daedric magic? Can you use these somehow?

To everyone saying you got stuck somewhere: I hear you, but rather than replying to you all with hints individually I'll see if I can improve the puzzles. I see some people struggling with early bits, some with late, and some solving everything, so I don't see a clear bottleneck, at least. Maybe I'll implement an in-game mechanic for hints. But I think then I should also make the hints have a cost. Any suggestions? ?

So the only way to interact with furniture when on them is with the action key (E by default). That's not about this mod, it is true for any furniture in the open world as well. That's just how the original mod introducing them does it.

RE: Edit 2. What do you mean by "bug"? Sometimes the key is hard to find because grey over grey, and the environment is dark but that's it, at least on my part. You can also potentially get a soft lock if you accidentally knock the key out of the cell, but that's super duper realistic and I both hate and love it.

Idk if this is a mod compatibility issue or just me missing something obvious, but I'm stuck on trying to get the armbinder off. I interact with the torch on the wall to loosen the binder, a message pops up saying it's loose and that I should be able to shrug it off. I've interacted with every interactable bit in the room after that, sheathed/unsheathed, did attacks and stuff, nothing seems to dislodge it. Not entirely sure what I could be missing. I'm using the masterstroke wabbajack so there's an awful lot of mods that could be conflicting, anyone else run into this?

19 hours ago, apostatefarm said:

Idk if this is a mod compatibility issue or just me missing something obvious, but I'm stuck on trying to get the armbinder off. I interact with the torch on the wall to loosen the binder, a message pops up saying it's loose and that I should be able to shrug it off. I've interacted with every interactable bit in the room after that, sheathed/unsheathed, did attacks and stuff, nothing seems to dislodge it. Not entirely sure what I could be missing. I'm using the masterstroke wabbajack so there's an awful lot of mods that could be conflicting, anyone else run into this?

Please keep support questions on the Masterstroke discord, we will answer you there if you ask.

Spoiler

Have you tried going into your inventory, clicking the armbinder and struggling?

10 hours ago, zarantha said:

Please keep support questions on the Masterstroke discord, we will answer you there if you ask.

Hide contents

Have you tried going into your inventory, clicking the armbinder and struggling?

Figured it was something obvious I was missing, rather than a bug/conflict, that's why I asked here rather than over on the discord. Thanks for the response, that did the trick 

11 hours ago, apostatefarm said:

Figured it was something obvious I was missing, rather than a bug/conflict, that's why I asked here rather than over on the discord. Thanks for the response, that did the trick 

It's better to ask all questions on the discord for the list you're using, because wabbajack lists often have custom patches that mod authors are unaware of and shouldn't have to support. They have no way of knowing if a list changed something or not.

So I've removed the armbinders, mask, blindfold, but what next? I've tried masturbating as the hint orb instructs and got a notification that "This is futile/You're even more aroused" but the dialogue on the hint orb doesn't change. Am I supposed to find a way to escape the room, or remove the mittens?

Apparently you can only escape if you have sex with a dremora?

Honestly, I very dislike that. You mentioned this was a puzzle similar to/inspired by the Lia's series, which does not involve any sex afaik, just bondage.

There should be at least another way to escape the puzzle room than to have sex.

Furthermore, only having the dremora be male is pretty meh as well. At least having an option for a female dremora should be given if the sex is mandatory

I found a problem. Unsure if it's about LE or not. At the end of the quest, I never get my items back. I had to tcl through the door cause it is currently broken to remove the Daedric Effect on it. I do the talk, she poof, and no items back.

Edited by VexFlorez

I think I found a bug. Dremora had his way with me and I've removed every device but the nipple piercings but the door which was warded by the Dremora still won't open even though I have the Dove key. I even tried accepting Clavicus's deal but it didn't help.

I did some digging into the source and plugin and I think I know why this is happening. My quest stage is 70 but the door requires quest stage 63, which is set when the Dremora finishes with you. Quest stage 70 is set when Clavicus makes you the offer, regardless of whether or not you accept it. I did that a while before the Dremora scene, almost as soon as I got through the first door, but turned down the offer initially. I guess if you do that before the dremora the quest stage can't be advanced backwards normally?

Running "setstage XX000D64 63" caused a hissing noise to occur and allowed me to pass through the door.

Also, other players be warned: you use Better Third Person Selection you may have a very hard time interacting with a certain item towards the end of the first room while in third person. Drove me crazy til I teleported myself to the thingy and realized why I'd been having so much trouble interacting with it.

Edited by finalfrog
On 8/2/2022 at 12:47 AM, ebbluminous said:

[...] Am I missing something stupidly obvious? [...]

Edit2: Removing the armbinder seems to have bugged and lost the key. I'm going to pass on this...

Have you tried pressing the default interact key ("E")? It should pop up the device menu.

Losing keys has by now been reported a few times, and I think I know of a way to fix it and at the same time keep that "oh no" feeling of losing your keys. I'd invite you to try again the next patch.

On 8/2/2022 at 2:31 AM, Samson Nite said:

What is BRRF patch?

A patch that includes Devious Devices' "Beast Race Re-Fit" patch's devices for Khajit, Argonian and Orc hood, gag and blindfold models for the custom devices from this mod. These are different from the human races and for some reason not included in basic DD (dunno why). You will need the DD-BRRF patch and this mod's BRRF patch if you play Khajit, Argonian or Orc, or the hood, gag and blindfold models won't show up.

On 8/14/2022 at 3:48 AM, Interx9221 said:

So I've removed the armbinders, mask, blindfold, but what next? I've tried masturbating as the hint orb instructs and got a notification that "This is futile/You're even more aroused" but the dialogue on the hint orb doesn't change. Am I supposed to find a way to escape the room, or remove the mittens?

Does the orb give you hints, or is it repeating the masturbate dialogue even though you're trying that? Here's a hint:

Spoiler

Try thinking outside of the box. Literally.

Spoiler

Have you looked outside the door?

Spoiler

There's a key on the other side of the cell door.

On 8/14/2022 at 10:03 AM, VexFlorez said:

Apparently you can only escape if you have sex with a dremora?

Honestly, I very dislike that. You mentioned this was a puzzle similar to/inspired by the Lia's series, which does not involve any sex afaik, just bondage.

There should be at least another way to escape the puzzle room than to have sex.

Furthermore, only having the dremora be male is pretty meh as well. At least having an option for a female dremora should be given if the sex is mandatory

I found a problem. Unsure if it's about LE or not. At the end of the quest, I never get my items back. I had to tcl through the door cause it is currently broken to remove the Daedric Effect on it. I do the talk, she poof, and no items back.

Spoiler

There already is another way: you can convince the dremora to open the door if your speech skill is high enough. I'll admit that that is a bit against the spirit of the mod because it's a character skill check instead of a player skill (/puzzle) check. I'll consider changing that, but it requires a bit more dialogue and thought. Or I might just hide a speech potion somewhere.

As for why the dremora is male only: first of all, blame Bethesda for not making female dremora models. Second, there is only one working pillory animation in DD at the moment, and it's M-F (though I suppose with strapons that's not a problem). Third, if I ever add voices to this mod, I'd need to get both male and female voices for the dremora, doubling the work. Lastly, I don't want to give this mod install options or a menu. It's not supposed to be customizable - it's a story.

Your items should be in the chest by the door just before you talk to Irkalla.

On 8/14/2022 at 2:32 PM, finalfrog said:

I think I found a bug. [...]

This is the same bug other people have reported, and it's because some changes I thought I made didn't end up in v1.0.0 and it was broken. I'll fix it in a few days time. In the meantime, setstage FrayEscapeQuest 63 will work.

Note: quest stages can be set if higher stages are set already - that's not the problem.

Could you be a bit more specific about the issue you have with Better Third Person Selection? Preferably in a spoiler tag ?

Making the key failsafes didn't take as long as I thought, so here's an update fixing disappearing keys and broken Dremora.

Update v1.0.1 (2022/08/15):
- Fixed dremora post-event dialogue conditions.
- Moved Falcon Key to a better spot that's even less likely to cause issues with overlapping objects.
- Improved failsafes: it should no longer be possible to softlocks by glitching keys out of bounds.

I'm fairly certain I looked outside the cell door and didn't see a key (even looked around in freecam a bit), but I will check it again tonight.

And yes, the orb keeps repeating the masturbation dialogue. I'll restart the mod tonight with the update and see if there's any differences.

Great Mod, I really love it!

I only had to look up the location of 1 key, the one for the display case, and it was just where i looked 3 times before, fml. ?

Figured everything else out despite never having played something like this.

How far are you with part 2?

Spoiler

I read that you are considering that players at some point have to equip some devices to progress, but i can't think of many ways to implement that.

Maybe with some enchantments, like increasing movement speed to get through a segment which teleports you back if you're too slow. Or with items, like potions, you get as a reward for equipping devices.  Maybe there is some observer, who opens some sort of secret door, but only if you are wearing [insert device/s here]? But all of those don't have anything to do with the devices themselves, I just can't think of something that you could do while wearing, let's say, an armbinder, that you couldn't while not wearing it. Maybe a riddle that hints at what you have to wear?

Those are just a few ideas that you probably thought of already.

Anyway, keep up the good work, I can't wait for the second part to release!?

11 hours ago, Frayed said:

Could you be a bit more specific about the issue you have with Better Third Person Selection? Preferably in a spoiler tag ?

Spoiler

The BTPS algorithm for choosing what to hover over ignores objects obscured by other objects, even if there are gaps in the first object big enough for the user to interact with objects on the other side. I had to switch to first person in order to interact with the key on the other side of the door.

9 hours ago, Frayed said:

Making the key failsafes didn't take as long as I thought, so here's an update fixing disappearing keys and broken Dremora.

Update v1.0.1 (2022/08/15):
- Fixed dremora post-event dialogue conditions.
- Moved Falcon Key to a better spot that's even less likely to cause issues with overlapping objects.
- Improved failsafes: it should no longer be possible to softlocks by glitching keys out of bounds.

Could you re-upload 1.0.0.7z please, thanks.

Hello,

Just passing by saying it was a nice experience.

I had no game breaking problem, maybe just an headache trying to figure where everything had to go ?

Spoiler

especially the first part where you have to find the key out of the cell and having to stick each key in the wall separately

otherwise it was a lot of fun! I'm definitely keeping an eye around for a next update
Thanks you for the mod! :)

I finally got my copy of SE working again to see if this was an interesting mod.  Unfortunately, it's just completely frustrating and seems bugged for me.  I managed to get as far as reading the note, but that's it.  I've interacted with literally everything in the room and there's nothing I haven't touched.  I'd assume that something critical clipped through a wall or something.  The mod mentioned that there were 'hints' but, unfortunately, there seem to be none.  At least, not in the first room.

Nothing big, but it might be nice to add some special dialogue for if you make it to your captor but still wear the punishment collar, or blindfold. Also adding a possible ring boots, gloves, and other restraints for orb punishment.

Edited by indolu