SexLab Framework Development

Heyho,

For me, the alpha is stuck in installation.

- New game, with Live Another Life

- Set up anything, waited a few minutes for the scripts to settle, then saved normally (no quicksave)

- Started that save, waited again for all the rest to start and settle its scripts and MCMs, saved again

Now I wanted to tweak all the settings, but the SexLab MCM still shows the installation message "Is installing, wait for it to finish".

I've attached the Papyrus log (may be a bit bloated by Smart Looter), the loadorder and the (reversed) modlist.

But no files get overwritten, so it can't be the problem with PapyrusUtil :(

Papyrus.0.log

loadorder.txt

modlist.txt

Heyho,

For me, the alpha is stuck in installation.

- New game, with Live Another Life

- Set up anything, waited a few minutes for the scripts to settle, then saved normally (no quicksave)

- Started that save, waited again for all the rest to start and settle its scripts and MCMs, saved again

Now I wanted to tweak all the settings, but the SexLab MCM still shows the installation message "Is installing, wait for it to finish".

I've attached the Papyrus log (may be a bit bloated by Smart Looter), the loadorder and the (reversed) modlist.

But no files get overwritten, so it can't be the problem with PapyrusUtil :(

You haven't installed the alpha at all as far as I can see. You may need to copy all the files over again.

[03/04/2015 - 12:44:56PM] [CF][Framework] SexLab 1.59c is installed

[03/04/2015 - 12:44:58PM] SexLab Loaded CurrentVerison: 15903

One thing that I could really like getting added is a toggle that restricts lesbian scenes to using actual lesbian animations instead of females using strapons. The mod seems to vastly prefer strapon animations over actual lesbian ones (probably because of the sheer number). Disabling the strapon doesn't help, the mod still plays strapon animations, just without the strapon, which obviously looks a tad silly. ;)

One thing that I could really like getting added is a toggle that restricts lesbian scenes to using actual lesbian animations instead of females using strapons. The mod seems to vastly prefer strapon animations over actual lesbian ones (probably because of the sheer number). Disabling the strapon doesn't help, the mod still plays strapon animations, just without the strapon, which obviously looks a tad silly. ;)

Yes, very much this

Maybe another animation toggle page to select the animation we want for f/f?

Yes, very much this

Indeed this.

Hi @Kimy, the filtering of animations should be done by the mod running the animation, not SexLab itself.

Except that pretty much no mod does it. Particularly not if they just call QuickSex(). Also some people might -want- the strapon animations. It's a user choice much more than a modder choice.

Yes, very much this

Good point Kimy. I also prefer "clean " lesbian scene like Arok 69 or/and similar, rather then strapon.

My personal fear is that then we need flags for everything.

"I want standard sex in case of MC, but I want only oral for FF, and anal only for MM. And no boobs or feet anims in case of orgies..."

How many cases? Tell me about it.

Requests like this made two of my mods almost unmanageable for possible configurations.

"I want standard sex in case of MC, but I want only oral for FF, and anal only for MM. And no boobs or feet anims in case of orgies..."

Requests like this made two of my mods almost unmanageable for possible configurations.

*shrug* It's up to Ashal of course. I just made a suggestion. The "Either use a strapon or get borked FF animations, because there is no way to make SL use proper lesbian animations short of writing your own mod" thing is my single biggest pet peeve with SL though. Others might feel different of course.

Just for giggles - my own mod doesn't filter lesbian animations either. Because I really think it should be something the player can configure to his or her taste. From a software engineering point of view, it's superior to put configuration options like that in the framework rather than expecting dozens of mods each implement their own filter. Which at least many of them will not do anyway. Would I solve the issue on my end if such a filter is not to be implemented? Yes. But mine is just one out of many mods using SL, and it would solve the issue only really partially.

I don't think asking for a filter for proper lesbian animations is quite the slippery slope you imagine.

Hi @Kimy, the filtering of animations should be done by the mod running the animation, not SexLab itself.

Except that pretty much no mod does it. Particularly not if they just call QuickSex(). Also some people might -want- the strapon animations. It's a user choice much more than a modder choice.

Random Sex does. Mainly because I was getting lots of reports of attackers walking to victims and standing around because there were no suitable animations available. So I go through the animations to figure out what combinations are valid and assign participants based on that. Same with NPC/creature interactions, which is a far more complicated issue.

With Ashal adding an event when the user closes the SexLab MCM menu (for 1.60) I can move a lot of this stuff out of the mainline evaluation code.

Random Sex does. Mainly because I was getting lots of reports of attackers walking to victims and standing around because there were no suitable animations available. So I go through the animations to figure out what combinations are valid and assign participants based on that. Same with NPC/creature interactions, which is a far more complicated issue.

With Ashal adding an event when the user closes the SexLab MCM menu (for 1.60) I can move a lot of this stuff out of the mainline evaluation code.

Tell me about it. II wrote hundreds of lines of code to make sure to only pass parameters to SL that result in picking valid animations (which can be funny as soon as DD bondage is involved). This is beyond just making sure stuff doesn't leave ugly marks in people's Papyrus logs, though. It's a matter of taste, nothing more nothing less. I'd just prefer a switch to tell SL to rather play actual lesbian animations instead of strapon-converted hetero ones. That's...all.

Definitely garnered my support on this as well.  It's great and all that we have the strapons to begin with, but sometimes I'd just rather prefer to keep things without them when I select options for having lesbian sex.

Definitely a lot to ask for, though.

can anyone tell em whats wrong with this script( it says there's a mismatch/type mistake but i cant find it.

function MolagDremoraFun() 
actor [] sexActors = new actor[2]
sexActors[0] = Game.GetPlayer() 
sexActors[1] = MolagDremoraProperty
sslBaseAnimation[] anims
anims = Sexlab.GetAnimationsByTag("Aggressive")
Sexlab.StartSex(sexActors,anims,victim=Game.GetPlayer(),allowBed=false) 
EndFunction

it says the mistake in on the "anims = ... " line. did i really mistype anything.

can anyone tell em whats wrong with this script( it says there's a mismatch/type mistake but i cant find it.

sslBaseAnimation[] anims
EndFunction
it says the mistake in on the "anims = ... " line. did i really mistype anything.

Actually the problem is the line above the one you are focused on. You didn't specify a size when you defined that array.

sslBaseAnimation[] anims
EndFunction

Actually the problem is the line above the one you are focused on. You didn't specify a size when you defined that array.

what would i want to put in there?? 

sslBaseAnimation[] anims
EndFunction

You don't need to specify a size for the array, the GetAnimationsByTag does that itself. The problem is you didn't define the number of actors you want from the animations, which is what the first argument of GetanimationsByTags expects.

Look at the arguments for the function: http://git.loverslab.com/sexlab/framework/wikis/animation-functions

but ashal.. i get another error if i add 2 inside the [ ] after sslBaseAnimation. about a required (....)+ loop or something.

any idea? 

I'm really happy with all the support peaple here in this forum have.

you don't put it in the []. Read the link I sent and actually look at the function you're trying to use, or just read what the error you're getting actually says, you're trying to put "Aggressive" wher it expects you to be giving a number of actors instead.

so ashal if i'm right this is how it has to be:

int ActorCount = 2
sslBaseAnimation[] anims
anims = Sexlab.GetAnimationsByTag(ActorCount, "Aggressive")
EndFunction

true?

it got through the compile atleast.

int ActorCount = 2
sslBaseAnimation[] anims
EndFunction

true?

Technically yes, but you're still making it out to be more complicated than it actually is.

sslBaseAnimation[] anims = Sexlab.GetAnimationsByTag(2, "Aggressive")
	Sexlab.StartSex(sexActors, anims, sexActors[0], none, false) 
EndFunction

int ActorCount = 2
sslBaseAnimation[] anims
EndFunction

true?

Technically yes, but you're still making it out to be more complicated than it actually is.

sslBaseAnimation[] anims = Sexlab.GetAnimationsByTag(2, "Aggressive")
	Sexlab.StartSex(sexActors, anims, sexActors[0], none, false) 
EndFunction

thanks ashal, also one note it it supposed to happen that the CK gives me a warinign everytime i start it up. 

warning is that SexlabCalypsStrapon uses ivalid Biped Object slot 51 for race DefaultRace.

I guess this is just a problem by the CK.

And well i gues im just doing it the hard way. Also i follow what the API says exept the hooks.

thanks ashal, also one note it it supposed to happen that the CK gives me a warinign everytime i start it up. 

warning is that SexlabCalypsStrapon uses ivalid Biped Object slot 51 for race DefaultRace.

I guess this is just a problem by the CK.

And well i gues im just doing it the hard way. Also i follow what the API says exept the hooks.

That's just the CK complaining because SexLab uses a non-standard slot for the strapon. Nothing to worry about.