SexLab Framework Development

Is the alpha 3 patch safe to use for regular play, or should it only be used just to essentially look at the menu and mess with? It's an alpha, so it's probably the latter, but I just thought I would ask.

I've been using alpha 3, and every patch before, after, and in between it since 1.55 for regular play for the past few months without any issue. But I can't speak for every mod being compatible with it. If I notice a mod I personally use is broken by a SexLab update, I find out why and fix it, I rely on reports from users such as yourself to report compatibility issues for mods I don't use. If I personally had an issue with any of the releases, that version was not released to begin with.

Though I will say the unreleased "alpha 4" (...or beta 1?) release seems significantly more stable than the current alpha 3 to me, as I've since figured out and fixed a potential source of ctd during load/save, it does however currently have a problem with putting all 2nd position "male" actors being positioned at a slight rotation whenever you make an adjustment during animation... A bug I need to figure before releasing alpha 4 and/or beta 1

This already happens. Are you sure that the second animation is maked as foreplay in sexlab?

Yes, to test it I tried to toggle off most of the animations. I only left the foreplay ones and a few normal ones enabled. Since the number of foreplay animations became much more than the normal ones, most of the time I got a foreplay animation auto selected in the regular phase.

Then I really don't don't know. Maybe something wrong in the load order. Try uninstall and reinstall.

Also another suggestion and this one I see no reason why not. There are some features in Lovers of PK for Oblivion that I liked but I don't see in Sex Lab. For exemple I can't say what strapon I want X person to use, I can only build a list of strapons to be used and Sexlab pick one of them. This is bad because if I want to make one character a futa but the others to use strapons. You already can make the game remember the voice it use for the NPCs so this shouldn't be hard. Also, there is a bug with the forniture in animations, don't know if the problem is in Sexlab or the mods, but in Lover of PK it never happened.

Also this mod is something I see no problem in be included too (http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1696-sos-enabled-strapondoubledildo-replacer-for-sexlab/)

If an actor has any of the strapons equipped or in their inventory going into a sexlab animation, they will automatically default to just using that one instead of a random one from the list.
I didnt knew that.

Just one bug I have been having in sexlab 159c. When the player go in animation, the strpon dont appear until I press tab or ESC. All mods are affected for that.

Is the alpha 3 patch safe to use for regular play, or should it only be used just to essentially look at the menu and mess with? It's an alpha, so it's probably the latter, but I just thought I would ask.

I've been using alpha 3, and every patch before, after, and in between it since 1.55 for regular play for the past few months without any issue. But I can't speak for every mod being compatible with it. If I notice a mod I personally use is broken by a SexLab update, I find out why and fix it, I rely on reports from users such as yourself to report compatibility issues for mods I don't use. If I personally had an issue with any of the releases, that version was not released to begin with.

Though I will say the unreleased "alpha 4" (...or beta 1?) release seems significantly more stable than the current alpha 3 to me, as I've since figured out and fixed a potential source of ctd during load/save, it does however currently have a problem with putting all 2nd position "male" actors being positioned at a slight rotation whenever you make an adjustment during animation... A bug I need to figure before releasing alpha 4 and/or beta 1

Any change of getting a list of the mods you've tested? I found problems with defeat, sexlab romance, more nasty critters/creature framework, and deadly drain.

Hey Ashal, using the 1.60 Alpha 3 version of SexLab, I can't seem to import my custom expression profiles. When I click import I get the following error;

"Failed to load external expression file!"

Has the way SexLab uses expressions or configs changed in the new update? If I go back to 159c they import with no errors. I couldn't see anything else firing off in the logs, just this short error.

Also, are the custom position offsets for when playing animations on a bed included in the Alpha 3? I've had a look through the MCM but could't find anything mentioning it.

Any change of getting a list of the mods you've tested? I found problems with defeat, sexlab romance, more nasty critters/creature framework, and deadly drain.

And of course you reported those problems with the requested logs and such for documentation so Ashal could fix them? Oh wait, you didn't! Don't you think you should?

It would be much better to report them now and get them fixed before the final release, after all isn't that the point of downloading and installing a test version of a mod?

And of course you reported those problems with the requested logs and such for documentation so Ashal could fix them? Oh wait, you didn't! Don't you think you should?

It would be much better to report them now and get them fixed before the final release, after all isn't that the point of downloading and installing a test version of a mod?

If Ashal wants an actual bug report and not mere feedback, which is all this was, I can put 1.6a3 back on and collect whatever s/he wants. Otherwise, no, I don't think my bug reports will be all that useful given the generally fucked up nature of my current install and all the other issues I'm trying to resolve. In fact, I think any bug reports from me are more likely to lead down rabbit holes of unproductive work trying to resolve non-existent issues. But a base-line of known working mods would still be helpful.

Can i bug report in here?

the cum effects are not show up when the end of sex.

why?

since alpha 1~3 all the same problem.

[of course i reinstall sexlab + try new start + check cum effects]

[+i use skse 1.7.2 beta version aswell]

[Cum effects are show up when i use sexlab 1.59c version.]

Would like to see an event fired when the SexLab MCM menu is closed so that I can make some updates in my mod based on updates made to the SexLab configuration.

Sure. I can't think of any important use for such an event, but it's incredibly painless to add and harms nothing.

I've added the event "SexLabConfigClose", with no arguments, to the SkyUI event OnConfigClose().

For reference, there is also these relatively important events that sexlab sends:

- In current versions:

• SexLabInstalled(int version)
  • SexLabUpdated(int version)
  • SexLabEnabled
  • SexLabDisabled

- with SexLab 1.60:

• SexLabReset
  • SexLabConfigClose

Thanks, there's a bunch of stuff that I evaluate in Random Sex on every iteration that could be refactored into its own script and driven from the SexLabConfigClosed event.

u shot ad thos non sexlab mod in the have soom good animaisons

That was nearly incomprehensible but I figured it out anyway.

You misunderstand, the purpose of the Non-Sexlab Animation pack was to remove the need to update Sexlab just to add more animations and allow Ashal to concentrate on the heart of the mod. 

When the next version of Sexlab is released it WILL contain the animations that are currently in the Non-Sexlab Animation pack which will then be emptied of animations and slowly grow again as more new animations are created.

So the bottom line is that what you want to see happen is actually the plan.

Hi @WaxenFigure, as discussed with @rydin, we should do some improved tagging for some "Non-SexLab Anims".

The tags should be uniform for all animation, including some tag for:

* breastfeeding (right now if you want one of these animations you need to get it by id)

* "UseForniture" or similar for the Throne/Chairs anims for example, of sometimes you get a throne anim over a bed.

Just a proposal.

Hi @WaxenFigure, as discussed with @rydin, we should do some improved tagging for some "Non-SexLab Anims".

The tags should be uniform for all animation, including some tag for:

* breastfeeding (right now if you want one of these animations you need to get it by id)

* "UseForniture" or similar for the Throne/Chairs anims for example, of sometimes you get a throne anim over a bed.

Just a proposal.

That and the problem with animations that are tagged as vaginal and anal since they could be either with a slight repositioning of the actors. It might be advantageous to either double register those animations with the variant positions and ten have separate anal and vaginal tags because when doubled up like that you have other mods like Apropos that will just assume its anal because that tag was found first even if you called for a vaginal sex act.

OTOH, maybe we need a separate set of descriptors for each sex act so that for each stage of the sex act you have a descriptor for each actor involved that describes the sex act(s) they are performing (as the giver, not the receiver since the acts they are receiving would be described on the other actors as what they are giving. One additional thought is that after the stage where the sex act is started the descriptor for the next stage will be a continued flag unless the type of sex act changes.

First off I'd like to thank Ashal for all the hard work he's put into this project. I absolutely love the T-Total shit outta this mod!

But I have a question, and forgive me I know this subject has been visited NUMEROUS times lol. I thought that the "mouth stuck open after animation" issue had been fixed or has/was/is on the "drawing board"? It's cool if it's not and I know it's a pain in the butt to write all the lines of script and make them work on top of all that, but for some reason I thought that the mouth issue was resolved or at least a work around made? Oh and just to be clear, It doesn't work regardless if I use Auto-TFC or not, or if I use manual-TFC for that matter.

For me it's always been this way tho and when I read through the metric ton of posts from this and other forum threads I see the issue was looked into and maybe even resolved, but not really if that makes any sense lol. I just decided to wait and until then have my expressions at a lower value when it came to certain expressions. But today I updated to 160 Alpha 3 and it's still the same for me :( 

Just to be clear, I'm not mad or anything lol... can't be mad at something that may not be fixable and especially when a person takes the time out of real life to make something as awesome as SL! MOD ON!!!

Why doesn't this thread have a corresponding mod page?  I know Ashal puts up links to download the file, but it just seems that it might be helpful to be able to follow the progress of this alpha separate from all the posts of this thread.

Why doesn't this thread have a corresponding mod page?  I know Ashal puts up links to download the file, but it just seems that it might be helpful to be able to follow the progress of this alpha separate from all the posts of this thread.

OP has plenty of references to the Git repository.  If you don't know what Git is then this thread is not really for you.  It's for developers and not users (I am not a developer either).

Just implemented the 1.60 Alpha using a "safe" procedure also tried a new game, ran BOSS etc.

BUT I now have a problem adjusting actor positions during animations, when I try to change the position of the 2nd actor it twitches and shakes but ends up in the base postition again (which is mostly off) and when I try to change my own characters position NOTHING happens at all not even twitching and shaking of the character.

Anybody experienced anything of the sort?

Just implemented the 1.60 Alpha using a "safe" procedure also tried a new game, ran BOSS etc.

BUT I now have a problem adjusting actor positions during animations, when I try to change the position of the 2nd actor it twitches and shakes but ends up in the base postition again (which is mostly off) and when I try to change my own characters position NOTHING happens at all not even twitching and shaking of the character.

Post a full debug log from a quick game load, start sex, and attempt to position both actors.

First off I'd like to thank Ashal for all the hard work he's put into this project. I absolutely love the T-Total shit outta this mod!

But I have a question, and forgive me I know this subject has been visited NUMEROUS times lol. I thought that the "mouth stuck open after animation" issue had been fixed or has/was/is on the "drawing board"? It's cool if it's not and I know it's a pain in the butt to write all the lines of script and make them work on top of all that, but for some reason I thought that the mouth issue was resolved or at least a work around made? Oh and just to be clear, It doesn't work regardless if I use Auto-TFC or not, or if I use manual-TFC for that matter.

For me it's always been this way tho and when I read through the metric ton of posts from this and other forum threads I see the issue was looked into and maybe even resolved, but not really if that makes any sense lol. I just decided to wait and until then have my expressions at a lower value when it came to certain expressions. But today I updated to 160 Alpha 3 and it's still the same for me :( 

Just to be clear, I'm not mad or anything lol... can't be mad at something that may not be fixable and especially when a person takes the time out of real life to make something as awesome as SL! MOD ON!!!

Same as above, post a debug log, but post one from where your character ends a quick scene and has mouth stuck open.

Are you using the alpha 3 build or 1.59c?

May I ask for some option to put a light in the scene. I know that Sexlab Util has this option, but the light comes from below and can really mess when it is mixed this the ambient lights.

It's in Sexlab Util so it doesn't need to be built into the framework, why not ask there for some different positioning options?

I am interested in trying the new beta. I have played my old elf pretty much as far as I intend to and mostly just screwing around now with him so it is time for a new start / character. I updating my MO files when I do this. (yes I will still keep my old versions as well because as good as this is .. it is still beta ;))

is there some confirmed mods that have been updated to be compatible with this current version? if so what ones.

Post a full debug log from a quick game load, start sex, and attempt to position both actors.

I have fixed my problem by reinstalling SOS, further testing showed that only male characters were not moving.

Removed all SOS related stuff (meshes and esp.), reinstalled SOS, ran FNIS and all was back to normal.

Same as above, post a debug log, but post one from where your character ends a quick scene and has mouth stuck open.

Are you using the alpha 3 build or 1.59c?

Sorry for taking so long to get back with you. I am using alpha 3. I reset the facial expressions to default after them not working (mouth stuck open) But I went a head and gathered a papyrus log with her mouth stuck open from lip sync ONLY. (I hadn't tryed lip sync previously because I like the expressions better) But I came up with the same result of the mouth stuck. Ill attach this mess of a log lol... you'll probably notice other issues of scripts calling for stuff from mods ive uninstalled (Estrus for instance) If you like I can make another log with some expressions implemented. I've just been pretty busy this last week and wanted to respond at least with some kind of log with the mouth issues in the log. Take care and thanks in advance.

Papyrus.0.log

Quick question!

I noticed that in the voice audio files, the files seem to be categorized into 3 different "levels" (mild, medium, hot), with the intensity of the recording fittingly following suit. However, in practice, I very rarely hear any of the audio past the "mild" level. Sometimes I will hear "medium" stuff in the final orgasm stage of an animation sequence; once I did hear what sounded like "hot" files but that was stage 2 or 3 into an animation sequence, meaning it was probably some sort of bug.

Are you guys noticing the same? I just want to clarify if this is a bug on my end, or if functionality for dynamic audio not been implemented yet. I didn't seem to find anything about this when I searched this thread or the forums.

Also, thank you very much for your work on the framework (of course)!

I'm currently in the process of testing mods and stuff for use, should I be using 1.60 Alpha or the 1.59 stable build?

If you want to test mods in order to be helpful to future development: Test using 1.60 and be sure to report your results.

If you want to test mods solely for your own benefit, use whichever one you want. 1.59c is a safe bet, but I think 1.60 alpha is pretty solid at this point - the only things different between the current alpha and the eventual final release is mostly just cosmetic changes.