[mod] SxB PoV Redux

PoV Detail Poll  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Novakid PoV: Details should be...

• More gas-like, swirly insides, few sparkles if any overall.
    • Much more star-like, with inner-sparkles and speckles, and little-to-no swirling gas details.
  2. 2. Avian PoV: Male genital style should be...

• Human-like genitals, or at least a cylindrical, standard phallus.
    • Bird-like genitals, cloacal penis that extends from a slit that is both anus-and-penis.
  3. 3. Future PoV: Glitch support should have...

• Very serious, normal genitals, rigid movements to reflect their metal bodies.
    • Not very serious, genitals closer to USB ports and headphone jacks than reproductive organs.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/16/2022 at 02:33 AM

1 minute ago, Fijle said:

Hello, I wanted to try to make a PoV for the Deerkin race (unless of course I give up this idea), can you explain to me if I draw like this, will it work?

Deerkin.png

загруженное.png

I don't fully understand how color transfer works in mods (game)

1 hour ago, Fijle said:

I don't fully understand how color transfer works in mods (game)

This image. Same colors on normal (character sprite) and PoV. Doing so allows Sexbound to import color skin and more from the character and properly apply it.

RecolorExample.png.4366dda558b4758982220e5c9432221d.png

34 minutes ago, red3dred said:

This image. Same colors on normal (character sprite) and PoV. Doing so allows Sexbound to import color skin and more from the character and properly apply it.

RecolorExample.png.4366dda558b4758982220e5c9432221d.png

and if you add similar colors, it will work?

55 minutes ago, Fijle said:

and if you add similar colors, it will work?

Must not be similar, must be exactly the same. The game recolors them by their specific Hex code.

52 minutes ago, Fijle said:

and also, how to make the game see textures, or is it enough to throw it into the pov folder
\pov\actor\deerkin...

Put the files in the same structure/name as the existing ones. If the body is there, the PoV will run, other parts are "optional".

16 hours ago, red3dred said:

Must not be similar, must be exactly the same. The game recolors them by their specific Hex code.

Put the files in the same structure/name as the existing ones. If the body is there, the PoV will run, other parts are "optional".

well, it's much clearer

On 7/13/2022 at 5:05 AM, red3dred said:

and what is the logic of these colors

colors.png

1 hour ago, Fijle said:

and what is the logic of these colors

colors.png

None, they don't recolored. They're simply "flesh colors", place-holder.

It is possible to add more colors to a specie's body colors, via patching, but it's a bit wacky, and only affects freshly generated characters and NPC's.

This approach means everyone would have pink nipples, and you wouldn't have to deal with the above complex patching.

17 hours ago, red3dred said:

None, they don't recolored. They're simply "flesh colors", place-holder.

It is possible to add more colors to a specie's body colors, via patching, but it's a bit wacky, and only affects freshly generated characters and NPC's.

This approach means everyone would have pink nipples, and you wouldn't have to deal with the above complex patching.

that is, they should be left the same color as on the original, in order not to make "complex patching"

5 minutes ago, Salomão69 said:

which vanilla species still need to be added?

*Most* of them... Well, if you use the other PoV mods as a fallback, then all but Hylotl are technically supported, but they do not have things like genital layers, 4 positions, or the pregnancy images.

So right now, this mod provides support only for Human, Floran, and partially for Novakid.

The mods i mention in the mod page offer support for Apex, Glitch, Avian and Shadow using the normal "body-only" animations. This mod will still load and use those animations, if available.

Well, I did about 40% of the work, I decided to throw off the raw version of the repainting with details, maybe there will be some tips or adjustments.  

Well, in general, for evaluation.

I still have to work on the horn, but I doubt my drawing abilities, so I'll ask if anyone wants to participate.

B.png

27 minutes ago, keno, nesi said:

human

If you are using a Human, the best way to test if the mod is working, is to use the GFY station.

If you see a little box to the right of the Sexbound interface, then it is working. If not, then please follow these instructions, attentively;

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

34 minutes ago, red3dred said:

If you are using a Human, the best way to test if the mod is working, is to use the GFY station.

If you see a little box to the right of the Sexbound interface, then it is working. If not, then please follow these instructions, attentively;

okay, yeah... i have 37 mods from steam and 10 sxb ones...

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, IAIEIAIO said:

I go the same issue with the lastest SxB version.

Both "Lustbound Tentacle Tweak" and "Sexbound Futanari" are (very) outdated and will cause you issues. Try the normal, and preferably the "Updooted" version of Lustbound, and the Futanari functionality is integrated into the API, and Lustbound. If you're still at a loss on how to use it, check EB's Whips.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 11:34 AM, red3dred said:

Both "Lustbound Tentacle Tweak" and "Sexbound Futanari" are (very) outdated and will cause you issues. Try the normal, and preferably the "Updooted" version of Lustbound, and the Futanari functionality is integrated into the API, and Lustbound. If you're still at a loss on how to use it, check EB's Whips.

Speaking of Futanari, how do I get that set up for NPC's (make them Futanari) so that the PoV will use the correct files? I made my character a Futanari via the Apple of Discord, but I doubt I can make NPCs eat it.

36 minutes ago, RagnaBlade said:

Speaking of Futanari, how do I get that set up for NPC's (make them Futanari) so that the PoV will use the correct files? I made my character a Futanari via the Apple of Discord, but I doubt I can make NPCs eat it.

EB's whips are the easiest solution there, one crack of the whip and now they got a penor. Really all it takes.

• 2 weeks later...

Red3dred, first I'd like to thank you for all your hard work. This stuff is amazing.

Not an option on purpose, from the original code. Believe me, you think it would look fine, but it yai'nt.

The only way to bypass this unless you wanna rewrite the interface to have a default, is to just copy the human folder in the PoV animations and create copies named after other races.

I've done specifically this, and after a lot of tweaking got it working for Neki, Dragon, Kitsune, etc. and it's a wonderous joy.

I expanded and tweaked the image of the original dragon penises + your human bodies so that they work with the four main Actor1 positions. I'll attach below in case anyone else wants to do the same.

I tried using your Floran genital / genitalpreg for Actor2, but it gives human flesh colour for the floran penis, taking it from the character, whereas the dragon penises always seemed to remain a universal red. To lock in the colours, is it that I just have to use a colour that's not 'skin-assigned'? I'm an amateur dabbling, and I'm struggling to find the code or method I need to play around with. Is it the exact same 4 colours / hex values in your recolouring image above for all races (including modded ones)? For the Floran penis you used a bright red to get the 'flower colour'? What about the eye or accent colours?

I'm asking since the Mechineki have lower bodies based on hair colour, but penises based on eye-colour ('accent'), so I for them I'd need to draw on those colours, but I'm unsure how.

genital.png

4 hours ago, RubiconOne said:

I've got it working for Neki, Dragon, Kitsune, etc. and it's a wonderous joy.

I expanded and tweaked the image of the original dragon penises + your human bodies so that they work with the four main Actor1 positions. I'll attach below in case anyone else wants to do the same.

I tried using your Floran genital / genitalpreg for Actor2, but it gives human flesh colour for the floran penis, taking it from the character, whereas the dragon penises always seemed to remain a universal red. To lock in the colours, is it that I just have to use a colour that's not 'skin-assigned'?

I'm an amateur dabbling, and I'm struggling to find the code or method I need to play around with. Is it the exact same 4 colours / hex values in your recolouring image above for all races (including modded ones)? For the Floran penis you used a bright red to get the 'flower colour'? What about the eye or accent colours?

I'm asking since the Mechineki have lower bodies based on hair colour, but penises based on eye-colour ('accent'), so I for them I'd need to draw on those colours, but I'm unsure how.

Nice to hear other people are also making progress!

As for the first question, indeed, a color used on the images will recolor if it matches a color used in the character's body-sprite. This can be found in the race's mod under "humanoid/<race>/malebody.png". If you use a color in the image that even slightly off by a small value, it won't recolor, so forcing it to not recolor can be easier than the opposite.

And no, each race has it's own recolors, and some may even go further beyond...
image.png.0123d42b1f019343742224ec92530531.png
... as you can see, these don't match the final character appearance. That's because much like recoloring, some races can make some colors/colored parts straight up disappear when using the character creator. If you used the colors from the variant parts, you can find Sexbound will recolor those parts to match, and they may disappear as a result, for Lucario as an example.

What do you mean you don't know how to draw in those colors?
Color picker, select Mechineki eye color, draw a little color selector in your PoV image, and after you've taken all relevant colors, recolor the animations with them. I make it sound easier said than done, because this is a very easy process for me to do on GIMP.

But yeah, some things are currently changing in the background, API wise, and i'm trying to add more positions to the PoV before making the move to other races. Sadly, Fellatio is a hot-topic. Character heads aren't the same, head-mods, among other things like hair and facial hair simply don't show up in PoV, so i'm wondering what approach i should take when making this...

Oh, yeah, also waiting on the new API hammering to make and renew a bunch of my tutorials, and then likely add more tutorials like PoV.

Edited by red3dred