[mod] SxB PoV Redux

PoV Detail Poll  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Novakid PoV: Details should be...

• More gas-like, swirly insides, few sparkles if any overall.
    • Much more star-like, with inner-sparkles and speckles, and little-to-no swirling gas details.
  2. 2. Avian PoV: Male genital style should be...

• Human-like genitals, or at least a cylindrical, standard phallus.
    • Bird-like genitals, cloacal penis that extends from a slit that is both anus-and-penis.
  3. 3. Future PoV: Glitch support should have...

• Very serious, normal genitals, rigid movements to reflect their metal bodies.
    • Not very serious, genitals closer to USB ports and headphone jacks than reproductive organs.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/16/2022 at 02:33 AM

SxB PoV Redux

This is the Sexbound's Point-of-view Redux mod, a mod that aims to expand upon the PoV functionality of Sexbound without sacrificing existing artwork.

• Does this mod add Artwork on it's own?

Yes, this mod adds Artwork of it's own based on several artworks passed around in LoversLabs. Many thanks and credits go to: @SeriousGameTester, @Elias.Alias and @anonnumber9512 for their mods, which inspired and i've based the artwork on this mod on.

• Does this work with other Point-of-View artwork mods?

It should, unless said mods use a different or outdated structure to Sexbound's PoV files. This mod is provided in ZIP format aswell, in case modders and users wish to alter, manage or view the files within the expanded support.

• What does this mod add on it's own to the PoV window?

This mod adds a new layers to the animations, and allows the code to support and detect sub-genders and pregancies, allowing for custom artwork for them, In other words, with this mod installed, pregnancies and sub-genders such as futanari or cunt-boys will be visible in the PoV with unique art.

Spoiler

LoversLabs hates IMGUR links for some reason, so if you want to see examples/spoilers, click on these at your own time.

https://i.imgur.com/8vz5yRi.gif  https://i.imgur.com/YpLdHzO.gif  https://i.imgur.com/MnS9512.gif
https://i.imgur.com/t5UKKVf.gif  https://i.imgur.com/scWu2SM.gif  https://i.imgur.com/Wzd1yVm.gif

Edited by red3dred

Ah jeez, I guess I'll need to edit this pov.lua instead, since I still want my own cutscene layer so it doesnt override any other's pov mods in case someone makes them.
..maybe. I doubt it'll be much of a problem, I just don't want to play catch game each time this gets updated xD

6 minutes ago, TemtemLover said:

Ah jeez, I guess I'll need to edit this pov.lua instead, since I still want my own cutscene layer so it doesnt override any other's pov mods in case someone makes them.
..maybe. I doubt it'll be much of a problem, I just don't want to play catch game each time this gets updated xD

I can probably add clauses to check for your version of PoV if you'd rather do that, this is still in development and i wouldn't mind supporting your work. But i likely won't update this PoV.lua file, it'll mostly be, if anything, changes to climax related scenes if people want to allow for faster, animated climax scenes.

25 minutes ago, red3dred said:

I can probably add clauses to check for your version of PoV if you'd rather do that, this is still in development and i wouldn't mind supporting your work. But i likely won't update this PoV.lua file, it'll mostly be, if anything, changes to climax related scenes if people want to allow for faster, animated climax scenes.

To be honest all I do is just add additional sprite load for each actor, and then in renderer do "if no scenes, then play regular pov".

I wanted to actually look about changing stuff more to add more frames to climax scenes indeed, but that's for another time.

I'll dm you once I am closer to releasing things, alright? Then maybe we can arrange something.

Edited by TemtemLover
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have a problem with this mod. Let's just say that when the characters go into the phase of readiness for sex, their texture disappears. At the same time, I can approach them and try to start interacting with them, but there are no animations and PoV. Could it be related to the mods that I have it (attached) or is it something else?

изображение_2022-04-12_211729433.png

1 hour ago, 4kella said:

Hi, I have a problem with this mod. Let's just say that when the characters go into the phase of readiness for sex, their texture disappears. At the same time, I can approach them and try to start interacting with them, but there are no animations and PoV. Could it be related to the mods that I have it (attached) or is it something else?

Mayhaps, could you provide a full log after trying to use Sexbound in-game?

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

Actually, better yet, since i didn't remember the version number, you should try updating your Sexbound. Latest was 5.12 IIRC.

Edited by red3dred
12 hours ago, red3dred said:

Mayhaps, could you provide a full log after trying to use Sexbound in-game?

Actually, better yet, since i didn't remember the version number, you should try updating your Sexbound. Latest was 5.12 IIRC.

Well, I downloaded the latest version of sxb and it solved the problem.

4 minutes ago, Aregsf said:

Are the hands supposed to be shown on the current version ? I can't see them

Nope, they've been removed because they WILL break a lot of future implementations of things such as Teratophilia, non-humanoid races, etc.

Basically, the hands have two problems;

1. Either they don't ever line up with alien-races (And there's no way to solve this one sadly).
  2. They swap between two images, the second image, i suppose was fingering the partner? But it does not care for gender nor does it line up, just ended up covering the animation most of the time.

If you have any suggestions on how to approach this, feel free to comment them.

4 hours ago, Vaalesha said:

I've only just started modding Starbound, how does this mod actually trigger? Is there something I need to do?

Simply put, if both characters in the Sexbound animation have support, the PoV window will show up showing the action, or if TemTem's cutscenes are installed, it'll check if there's a cutscene for the creature involved too.

Right now, only a few races are supported, Human, Floran, and Novakid as dominant, nothing else atm. Though this mod does accept other support mods, like the one for Shadow, Avians, Glitch, etc.

Small update: Added poll for voting related to upcoming Vanilla PoV's.

Note: As much as i'd love to provide a variety of PoV supports for each race, in different styles, i am sadly just one schmuck, so to make life easier, and provide what is preferred by users, i'm asking them, well, YOU, how it should be next. What i mean by "variety" is stuff like "Vanilla-like humans, breasts with no nipples and penis with no 'head'" kind of variety. The same supports for the same races would come in different flavours depending on what users want.

Also of note; There are already other PoVs being tested and made for things like Fuchsia and the Holofelin, but it won't be a while until they're "Good enough to release".

Edited by red3dred
1 hour ago, rallyelgen said:

Hi.

A simple question.

Where could i get that Holofelin, you are talking about?

I have not seen anything that's named that and google results finds nothing that shows that as well.

Holofelin is/was a companion mod, akin to Fuchsia, a placeable Felin hologram that could be Sexbound-interacted. It was based off of the Felin (And by extension, the Hylotl) Fashion Hologram object. I don't know where it was distributed now that i think about it, i assumed it was available here, but if not, then it was distributed in the Sexbound Discord only, also named "Frisky Felin Hologram".

My bad if you cannot obtain the file, i tend to hang on to any files i see for Sexbound, as it's up to Karma and Chaos when/if i'll be able to download from/access LoversLabs properly sometimes.

12 minutes ago, DOOMinatriX said:

How to force mod to use placeholder with human body sprites instead of unsupported 

Not an option on purpose, from the original code. Believe me, you think it would look fine, but it yai'nt.

The only way to bypass this unless you wanna rewrite the interface to have a default, is to just copy the human folder in the PoV animations and create copies named after other races.

11 hours ago, E67you said:

Hoping for avali support some day

Me too... Granted, i'll probably work on my race supports after i'm done with the Vanilla species, but it's quite a bit of work.

Unrelated to the above, might as well give a little status update since i'm commenting.
Going to make some changes to the artwork to prevent "open spaces" in penetrations, gonna have to move male animations for missionary down a bit, and maybe a few other changes, as i'm finishing up Avian and Novas.

2 hours ago, almondmommymilkers said:

I'm kinda confused, what's the relation between this mod and the POVs added in by MorePoses (hasn't been updated in a year)? Are they not compatible?

Oh no they should be. MorePoses was one of the inspirations for this mod, and the why it's listed. This mod in particular doesn't look for any particular files beyond the basic Vanilla PoV ones, so any mod with a normal body should be enough to be valid for PoV to work.

In essence, any other PoV mod in theory should work with this one unless they wrote their own PoV handler that replaces the normal one, with different file names.