[mod] SxB PoV Redux

PoV Detail Poll  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Novakid PoV: Details should be...

• More gas-like, swirly insides, few sparkles if any overall.
    • Much more star-like, with inner-sparkles and speckles, and little-to-no swirling gas details.
  2. 2. Avian PoV: Male genital style should be...

• Human-like genitals, or at least a cylindrical, standard phallus.
    • Bird-like genitals, cloacal penis that extends from a slit that is both anus-and-penis.
  3. 3. Future PoV: Glitch support should have...

• Very serious, normal genitals, rigid movements to reflect their metal bodies.
    • Not very serious, genitals closer to USB ports and headphone jacks than reproductive organs.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/16/2022 at 02:33 AM

43 minutes ago, 蹄垫HoofCushion said:

image.png.90cb5a8c8a8444e528a34b41987e49a0.png=image.png.55c1285b1128dc6929266b330f4bc6cf.png

I want to use cowgirl pov as a butterfly pov,but without the actor1's body。

The only thing I need to do is duplicate cowgirl pov and remove the line of rendering actor1Body,it should be easy...but I just can't simply doing that.

`\interface\sexbound\sexui\submodule\pov\modules\main.lua`
image.png.554b71097fe60ea94e84e7e06cbe1ea6.png

I just can't simply add a “position4” to show the butterfly pov as cowgirl pov,add a elseif won't work either。

I think position4 is invalid,but actually, how to represent butterfly position?

Uh... really confusing to understand what you're trying to say, but i'll take a swing:
You are trying to use the cowgirl assets as the butterfly assets for pov?
But you are trying to change the code to do that...

The frames being used are called based on what Sexbound calls. The image being pulled up is based on the .frames file.

The frames file:

Spoiler

image.png.baaed746520b525c7d39d1f5396e3094.png
... which refers to each image in these files;
image.png.31389fbc8ad4197ab0254cbd0c0b2ae6.png

In sum, changing what order of layers is being called up (by the code) won't change what images are brought up, instead only removing hair/etc layers and changing the order of the images on top of each other. If you want to change the images being displayed, you'll have to rewrite the "default.frames" file found in the actor1 and actor2 folders.

6 hours ago, 蹄垫HoofCushion said:

pov is closed when doing butterfly position, How to make it show up.

You are doing custom changes to code and frames, and without a log at least for the game to report me back what is being the problem, i have no way of knowing.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, CXS_GTR said:

Is there a way to enable the hands during the PoVs? And any chance we could get a PoV for Shoggoths in the future, if possible?

Hands are disabled by a couple lines of code that are commented out, uncomment them to re-enable hands in available artwork.

I didn't make hands for other races so uh... good luck with that part. That and they shouldn't change between the two images? Don't remember where that part of the code went.

As for Shog content, yeah hopefully i plan to work on that too, worked on the race after all.

• 3 weeks later...

How does anal work? Is there a button ig to switch to anal sex or do you need to change config/ images used?

Also - no stress - when will this mod get updated? I saw on your patreon that you've added some amazing povs for butterfly etc. in march and was wondering, when the update will be.

follow up question: do patreon supporters have access to the latest animations?

54 minutes ago, erlofcockwood2 said:

How does anal work? Is there a button ig to switch to anal sex or do you need to change config/ images used?

Also - no stress - when will this mod get updated? I saw on your patreon that you've added some amazing povs for butterfly etc. in march and was wondering, when the update will be.

follow up question: do patreon supporters have access to the latest animations?

Well, anal is a type of penetration automatically engaged when the partner does not have a vagina, as Sexbound itself does not have a toggle for this kind of thing. I'm sure it can be added to Sexbound Reborn as a request, and i doubt people would complain about it (Basically a toggle for different dialogue/no pregnancy).

The mod is very much slow to develop, often because aliens are hard to draw... Was working on making Floran faces for the artwork but both due to them being complicated, but also a family constantly being in my room, it's hard to put good effort into it, pardon the excuse, honestly, i want the mod to update too!

As for Patreon, no, i do not lock content over there, all my posts are public and i shouldn't ever put mod content exclusively in there.

so im hoping this is just my own stupidity but there doesnt seem to be any POV windows for me. i installed sexbound reborn, installed POV 4.2.0 yet i see no POV windows at all pop up, just the position selection window. am i doing something wrong or is this a common issue?

4 hours ago, SixAndAHalf said:

so im hoping this is just my own stupidity but there doesnt seem to be any POV windows for me. i installed sexbound reborn, installed POV 4.2.0 yet i see no POV windows at all pop up, just the position selection window. am i doing something wrong or is this a common issue?

Depends on a few factors:
1) Are the races involved in the animation supported? This mod currently gives support to humans, and to a limit degree, to Florans. If you want more, i'll have to finish them up and work with other community members, but supports such as Draconis (broken), Lucario and even Neki exist out there.
2) Did you press the small button that should be floating around the "bottom-right-to-middle-right" corner of the screen, a little "P"? That enables/disables PoV within Reborn.

7 hours ago, red3dred said:

Depends on a few factors:
1) Are the races involved in the animation supported? This mod currently gives support to humans, and to a limit degree, to Florans. If you want more, i'll have to finish them up and work with other community members, but supports such as Draconis (broken), Lucario and even Neki exist out there.
2) Did you press the small button that should be floating around the "bottom-right-to-middle-right" corner of the screen, a little "P"? That enables/disables PoV within Reborn.

ah i see, my character was a glitch so it didnt show up. do hope it comes to them eventually.

After sabotaging myself inadvertently (as you probably remember) I got this mod to work and I gotta say, it looks pretty great still! I have to ask, for the fellatio animations how many hairs will there be for each race? I assume you're gonna only do a few because of the sheer amount of them and the amount of races in the game currently, but I wanted to ask anyways

53 minutes ago, RandomModificatiomer21 said:

After sabotaging myself inadvertently (as you probably remember) I got this mod to work and I gotta say, it looks pretty great still! I have to ask, for the fellatio animations how many hairs will there be for each race? I assume you're gonna only do a few because of the sheer amount of them and the amount of races in the game currently, but I wanted to ask anyways

I was hoping to do at least 5 for each gender, and then add the "default" hair for each gender, that style being the one visible in the race's portrait when you are creating a new character.

I once asked for a few preferred ones from users, but got nothing back! So yeah, if you have any suggestions there, i'm open to hear a few suggestions.

39 minutes ago, red3dred said:

I was hoping to do at least 5 for each gender, and then add the "default" hair for each gender, that style being the one visible in the race's portrait when you are creating a new character.

I once asked for a few preferred ones from users, but got nothing back! So yeah, if you have any suggestions there, i'm open to hear a few suggestions.

I can't think of the names of any hairstyles tbh, I main Hylotls. Honestly when it comes to the fish you could probably get away with doing just a mowhawk, since the head is viewed from the front at an angle, and seeing as most of the hylotl fins are a single large fin on the top of the head, you could easily represent more than half of the "hairstyles" that way lol

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, almondmommymilkers said:

how do I get rid of the POV futa vagina? I changed the sexbound reborn config so that they shouldn't have vaginas, but when I went back to the game, my futa NPC still had one in the POV screen.

{
        "name": "futanari",
        "canOvulate": true,
        "canProduceSperm": true,
        "hasPenis": true,
        "hasVagina": false
      },

The PoV screen isn't modular. The art is pre-made and won't change like that, you'd have to also manually "Fix" all futas to not have one in the artwork, which is a bit of an undertaking...

5 hours ago, almondmommymilkers said:

I thought the malefuta files were for that. My bad!

Oh lol, "malefuta" art is for males that have the futanari subgender, as the Sexbound mod does not differentiate normally. Futanari is a value that can be read from both males and females unless specified otherwise, like in Reborn.

It was a result of mods that make the target into a futanari, despite Lustbound's mechanic (Which turned male futas into cuntboys) being installed, which lead to there needing to be a differential. Don't wanna have people be misgendered in the PoV!

Edited by red3dred
  • 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, The_Internet_Phantom said:

Mod doesn't seem to work or I am missing something important to have it working.

Have you checked the changelog and picked the right version for your Sexbound?
Have you perchance noticed there are very few supported races at the moment?
Or is something else entirely breaking your use of the mod?

It's always helpful to elaborate.

7 hours ago, red3dred said:

Have you checked the changelog and picked the right version for your Sexbound?
Have you perchance noticed there are very few supported races at the moment?
Or is something else entirely breaking your use of the mod?

It's always helpful to elaborate.

Everything loads and all and I have some mods that add in POVs but the POV thing doesn't appear to pop up on screen. The version of Sexbound I have is one from Steam as idk why but I had more trouble trying to get it running with yours or the normal one. Especially when I try having the race patches

1 hour ago, The_Internet_Phantom said:

Everything loads and all and I have some mods that add in POVs but the POV thing doesn't appear to pop up on screen. The version of Sexbound I have is one from Steam as idk why but I had more trouble trying to get it running with yours or the normal one. Especially when I try having the race patches

Can't exactly say the Steam version is the best version, but it should be the same as OG Sexbound, available on these forums.

So, first, please provide a log if you're unsure the versions are correct.
Second, no point in pointing fingers if you're unsure either. I've seen some really catastrophic installations that "worked", but then the user blames one mod or another for "breaking their mods" when they have done all manner of unholy desecration of simple procedures. So call me a bit jaded but, do tone it down, i am simply trying to help, i don't own or have made Sexbound.

Finally... race patches... there's only a handful of PoV supports, one of which replaces the entire PoV code with an older version of it that only works for old/Steam Sexbound, so i fear you maybe using that.

I am not blaming or having a tone. I just am unsure if I had things set up wrong for the mod. Nothing seems to be broken and oddly enough using the version of sexbound from these forums just tends to be not loading correctly. Again I am not blaming you and I never was implying or trying to blame you. I just am not sure what is not compatible and I never really used mods outside the Steam workshop when a game has access to it. Plus I don't know if maybe some of the mods from the forums I got here were for a previous version of Starbound.

Edited by The_Internet_Phantom
Had some spelling errors that went by.
1 hour ago, The_Internet_Phantom said:

I am not blaming or having a tone. I just am unsure if I had things set up wrong for the mod. Nothing seems to be broken and oddly enough using the version of sexbound from these forums just tends to be not loading correctly. Again I am not blaming you and I never was implying or trying to blame you. I just am not sure what is not compatible and I never really used mods outside the Steam workshop when a game has access to it. Plus I don't know if maybe some of the mods from the forums I got here were for a previous version of Starbound.

Hey i'm not bothered even if you were blaming me, like i mentioned, it's average at this point.

That's why i ask for the procedure:

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

Sadly, the last few messages don't help troubleshooting much, but this definitely does.

And don't be too bothered, this whole system is a pain to get working indeed. Like i've mentioned;
If both races don't have assets (both as the fucker and the receiver, and accounting for sub-genders) then the whole thing won't appear. And since not many have the assets, this whole thing isn't very compatible.
Then there's mods such as the Draconis PoV, that break the 4.2.0 version by returning it to 4.0.1.
And there's Terato-Scenes, which has also two versions, one for Reborn and one for OG Sexbound (Same as Steam version).

If you got all other mods right and one of the above wrong, then it would break it all. That's sadly how other modders decided to approach it. But i'm fine with working to help users.

9 hours ago, red3dred said:

Hey i'm not bothered even if you were blaming me, like i mentioned, it's average at this point.

That's why i ask for the procedure:

Sadly, the last few messages don't help troubleshooting much, but this definitely does.

And don't be too bothered, this whole system is a pain to get working indeed. Like i've mentioned;
If both races don't have assets (both as the fucker and the receiver, and accounting for sub-genders) then the whole thing won't appear. And since not many have the assets, this whole thing isn't very compatible.
Then there's mods such as the Draconis PoV, that break the 4.2.0 version by returning it to 4.0.1.
And there's Terato-Scenes, which has also two versions, one for Reborn and one for OG Sexbound (Same as Steam version).

If you got all other mods right and one of the above wrong, then it would break it all. That's sadly how other modders decided to approach it. But i'm fine with working to help users.

Honestly, this makes sense. I guess that explains why some of the files have only a certain amount of races. However, I didn't know that Dragons POV one broke the mod. I haven't played with it installed but thanks for letting me know.

Also again I said I wasn't blaming you at all. Don't know every mod's incompatibilities, but you telling me about this helped me out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, recent changes to Reborn introduced a new status parameter "isInflated" which should be treated the same as the "isPregnant" one.

Could this mod be updated to use correct sprites?

part.lua:15

self.image = self:buildImagePreg(actor.actorSlot, part_name, actorGender, actor.species, actor.status.isPregnant or actor.status.isInflated)