[mod] SxB PoV Redux

PoV Detail Poll  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Novakid PoV: Details should be...

• More gas-like, swirly insides, few sparkles if any overall.
    • Much more star-like, with inner-sparkles and speckles, and little-to-no swirling gas details.
  2. 2. Avian PoV: Male genital style should be...

• Human-like genitals, or at least a cylindrical, standard phallus.
    • Bird-like genitals, cloacal penis that extends from a slit that is both anus-and-penis.
  3. 3. Future PoV: Glitch support should have...

• Very serious, normal genitals, rigid movements to reflect their metal bodies.
    • Not very serious, genitals closer to USB ports and headphone jacks than reproductive organs.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/16/2022 at 02:33 AM

4 hours ago, Xspeed said:

Hello, recent changes to Reborn introduced a new status parameter "isInflated" which should be treated the same as the "isPregnant" one.

Could this mod be updated to use correct sprites?

part.lua:15

self.image = self:buildImagePreg(actor.actorSlot, part_name, actorGender, actor.species, actor.status.isPregnant or actor.status.isInflated)

I already got that updated and working, if you're not in the Discord, you missed that conversation lol

But yeah, i got more in mind to update than just the inflation code, so i'm not gonna release it instantly. But thanks for the pointer!

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, CrimsonAsh said:

quick question: do any povs for custom races, like, "outdate"? (can they even do that? i mean, those are images, right?)

So long as they don't have unnecessary files, no, they shouldn't be able to break anything.

A couple key things like including older version scripts/files will cause problems, like the Draconis PoV.
Another issue that may arise is if they, for some reason, define their own .frames files for each position, they may break only their own PoV.

But PoV is made so that it only needs the images, and if just the body is there, all other layers are basically optional, it will still load with only the body.
Most "ancient" PoV assets for races were only the body, but even they should still load just fine.

28 minutes ago, red3dred said:

So long as they don't have unnecessary files, no, they shouldn't be able to break anything.

A couple key things like including older version scripts/files will cause problems, like the Draconis PoV.
Another issue that may arise is if they, for some reason, define their own .frames files for each position, they may break only their own PoV.

But PoV is made so that it only needs the images, and if just the body is there, all other layers are basically optional, it will still load with only the body.
Most "ancient" PoV assets for races were only the body, but even they should still load just fine.

cool. so, the draconis pov is incompatible, huh? know of any others?

2 minutes ago, CrimsonAsh said:

cool. so, the draconis pov is incompatible, huh? know of any others?

It is compatible if you get the mod, rip out the unnecessary files, and just keep the artwork. There isn't another PoV that breaks things yet. Thankfully.

Unless you consider TeratoScenes a PoV mod, in which case both this mod and TeratoScenes need to match the Sexbound version you're using, otherwise everything breaks.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, DownbadComrade said:

Ok so I've been ripping my hair out trying to figure this out. What am I doing wrong here? The pov stuff won't show up. Do you know what I am doing wrong here because I dont

(Also, I am using Sexbound Reborn, to clarify.)
https://ibb.co/Bf04Zjd

Many things to note, but it's good to start with the basics;

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

The log isn't just a "funny file for Modders to read", it tells us many things that are helpful such as errors, mods that aren't loaded properly and more, which is why it is often requested, as Starbound is one of the games to do a great a job logging down the game's issues.

1. As for your issue, it is good to keep in mind this mod is incomplete, and will only work with the proper supported races, which currently are just Human and Floran (Incomplete), you'd need to find another mod to add the support to the race you're using and interacting with, such as Neki, Draconis, Lucario or Clownkin PoV supports.
  2. Second, version mismatches are usually problematic, but you're not telling me "Sexbound broke", you're telling me "PoV doesn't work" which i hope means just that, and not the other thing, and thus, i can provide normal support, and not troubleshooting of your installed versions.
  3. And finally, this is where the log is needed; I have no way of seeing your entire modlist, including mods that *aren't being loaded properly/at all*, to make an informed comment, suggestion and provide guidance. So, please, if you want me to help you, then provide a log file that i can look into to tell you what's happening in your game.
10 hours ago, red3dred said:

Many things to note, but it's good to start with the basics;

The log isn't just a "funny file for Modders to read", it tells us many things that are helpful such as errors, mods that aren't loaded properly and more, which is why it is often requested, as Starbound is one of the games to do a great a job logging down the game's issues.

1. As for your issue, it is good to keep in mind this mod is incomplete, and will only work with the proper supported races, which currently are just Human and Floran (Incomplete), you'd need to find another mod to add the support to the race you're using and interacting with, such as Neki, Draconis, Lucario or Clownkin PoV supports.
  2. Second, version mismatches are usually problematic, but you're not telling me "Sexbound broke", you're telling me "PoV doesn't work" which i hope means just that, and not the other thing, and thus, i can provide normal support, and not troubleshooting of your installed versions.
  3. And finally, this is where the log is needed; I have no way of seeing your entire modlist, including mods that *aren't being loaded properly/at all*, to make an informed comment, suggestion and provide guidance. So, please, if you want me to help you, then provide a log file that i can look into to tell you what's happening in your game.

My apologies, sincerely. Whatever it was seems to have stopped now? Idk what it was but next time, if there is a next time, I'll be sure to get a log and whatnot.

On another note, whats the next major thing your tackling on the mod now? I'm really enjoying it!

10 hours ago, DownbadComrade said:

My apologies, sincerely. Whatever it was seems to have stopped now? Idk what it was but next time, if there is a next time, I'll be sure to get a log and whatnot.

On another note, whats the next major thing your tackling on the mod now? I'm really enjoying it!

Honestly, the art. This mod requires much bigger art, and the process of making hair-support is a long and arduous process, not to mention the complexity of races that have hairs+facial mask+beaks etc.

But if anyone wants to make art for the mod, they're more than free to do so! The mod will load any art placed in the correct locations with proper frames. To develop for the mod, you can simply add a folder to your MODS folder, and put your own artwork in there (Following the same structure as this mod) and it'll get loaded for whatever race matches the name of the folders.

EG: Starbound -> Mods -> Your mod folder -> artwork -> pov -> actor1/actor2 -> Race name -> Gender

image.png.9d7af82fb9bac5bfb392831872be7970.png

On 1/8/2024 at 4:44 AM, red3dred said:

Honestly, the art. This mod requires much bigger art, and the process of making hair-support is a long and arduous process, not to mention the complexity of races that have hairs+facial mask+beaks etc.

But if anyone wants to make art for the mod, they're more than free to do so! The mod will load any art placed in the correct locations with proper frames. To develop for the mod, you can simply add a folder to your MODS folder, and put your own artwork in there (Following the same structure as this mod) and it'll get loaded for whatever race matches the name of the folders.

EG: Starbound -> Mods -> Your mod folder -> artwork -> pov -> actor1/actor2 -> Race name -> Gender

image.png.9d7af82fb9bac5bfb392831872be7970.png

Yeah I always had guessed that hair support would be the most challenging thing to handle.

I am not much of an artist yet, but pixel art is a much easier starting point that I have dabbled in slightly before, so maybe once I've polished my skills a little bit more I'd be more than willing to contribute.

• 1 month later...