[mod] SxB PoV Redux

PoV Detail Poll  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Novakid PoV: Details should be...

• More gas-like, swirly insides, few sparkles if any overall.
    • Much more star-like, with inner-sparkles and speckles, and little-to-no swirling gas details.
  2. 2. Avian PoV: Male genital style should be...

• Human-like genitals, or at least a cylindrical, standard phallus.
    • Bird-like genitals, cloacal penis that extends from a slit that is both anus-and-penis.
  3. 3. Future PoV: Glitch support should have...

• Very serious, normal genitals, rigid movements to reflect their metal bodies.
    • Not very serious, genitals closer to USB ports and headphone jacks than reproductive organs.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/16/2022 at 02:33 AM

21 hours ago, red3dred said:

What do you mean you don't know how to draw in those colors?

I meant 'draw on' in the sense of 'taking from' (the malebody.jpg). You answered the question perfectly above.

"Sadly, Fellatio is a hot-topic. Character heads aren't the same, head-mods, among other things like hair and facial hair simply don't show up in PoV, so i'm wondering what approach i should take when making this..."

Oddly I idly thought on this, and the only compromise I could think of was doing a side-profile view of actor2's chin+nose (the penis coming in the side), or doing a top down image but limiting the field of view, and excluding the eyes / hair from the image. Other than beards, only 'skin' would show up (or maybe beak for avians, which could be mono coloured or character-drawn from). They key thing would be to only include the face.

Doing the side angle wouldn't exactly be 'PoV' though, but anything that involves hair would require an unrealistically massive database of animated assets. The way starbound is, as long as it has a (gender/character-skin-colour/race) recognisable image, the players' imagination can do the rest I think. Cunnilingus could probably have a single animation set + recolours for all races for actor1, the question is whether Actor2 could use the same animation set for both fellatio and cunnilingus.

In terms of the beard, because the facial hair is determined by just a few pixels, there's only about 6 real variables; mustache+(bare chin/full beard/goatee), then no-moustache+(bare chin/full beard/goatee). The exception is the male Apex, but they tend to almost always have long beards (when fully bearded), so I'd have a racial image to make all apex full-beards long-haired, since the human ones are all short-hair beards (and if the image cuts off at the bottom, it's the player's imagination as to how far down it goes). I don't know how the logic would recognise these combinations, unless the players get an SxB transparent hat for the interaction to recognise or something like the futanari item, though that wouldn't work for NPCs. But overall it's too complex. I would do beardless human gendered chins first, then move to six-vanilla racials. Including the eyes+colours would be feasible, but then it leaves less to the player's imagination as to the emotional experience of it. Sometimes less is more.

I don't really have any experience with this, but it's the only direction that seems feasible without nightmare-inducing effort.

I might have a go recolouring / adapting Floran Actor2 for dragons. Will see what happens.

Also, thank you for your prompt response.

(Edit: Actually I'd just make the human Actor1 beardless, and the Apex male Actor1 fully bearded. If it matters that much to them, they can just make an apex character lol)

Edited by RubiconOne
Extra idea
1 hour ago, RubiconOne said:

In terms of the beard, because the facial hair is determined by just a few pixels, there's only about 6 real variables; mustache+(bare chin/full beard/goatee), then no-moustache+(bare chin/full beard/goatee). The exception is the male Apex, but they tend to almost always have long beards (when fully bearded), so I'd have a racial image to make all apex full-beards long-haired, since the human ones are all short-hair beards (and if the image cuts off at the bottom, it's the player's imagination as to how far down it goes). I don't know how the logic would recognise these combinations, unless the players get an SxB transparent hat for the interaction to recognise or something like the futanari item, though that wouldn't work for NPCs. But overall it's too complex. I would do beardless human gendered chins first, then move to six-vanilla racials. Including the eyes+colours would be feasible, but then it leaves less to the player's imagination as to the emotional experience of it. Sometimes less is more.

I don't really have any experience with this, but it's the only direction that seems feasible without nightmare-inducing effort.

I might have a go recolouring / adapting Floran Actor2 for dragons. Will see what happens.

(Edit: Actually I'd just make the human Actor1 beardless, and the Apex male Actor1 fully bearded. If it matters that much to them, they can just make an apex character lol)

Yeah, the "side-view" approach would be avoiding the name-sake of the mod, so i don't think it'd be good for a basis. For now i've adapted a animation by Akai, to see if i can proof-of-concept something, and well, if players are using "Anime Eyes" it works great, but i have no idea how to handle extra stuff going forward. Like you've mentioned, Hair, apex beards, avian beaks... It all makes Fellatio very difficult to work with. I really don't want to just add a "Censored" or "No Video" graphic for every race, but it's hard to accomodate.

Image cluster of how it looks/works:

Spoiler

image.png.9822b1a070576ee5bb341e28913ca89f.png

image.png.8bc00beaa4b030a94a115d577dcacee8.png

image.png.61c40910ce1c13071a4923e75d7a940c.png

Tongue is there regardless for female/female interactions and transparent races (like slimes).

SuccAnim.gif.ee7b59214cd62c5ee1260421f9c1f229.gif

And here's how it recolors in-game.

And with that sneak-peek, i've already noticed a point where i got the colors wrong. Hooray!

Edited by red3dred

The fellatio is looking good. Maybe we could add into SxB lore that all Novakid brands turn into a heart during fellatio? >_> Having a generic for each race would be a nice starting point. I don't mind modifying images a bit if it helps. I use cutebound myself, so avians / novakids have human-ish faces in my own games.

On 9/30/2022 at 12:23 AM, Secretly Kinky said:
  Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png.c94587343459b8ce09d2abb7afbf7377.png

Art.

Spoiler

genitalpreg.png

genital.png

I finished recolouring the animations, putting a red locked-colour Floran penis for both human Actor1 + Actor2 bodies. So now the PoV matches the half-dragon character sprite.

Current next project:

Spoiler

Science.png

Will probably add canine as well, feedback/criticism welcome. I wanted to add veins while staying inside 4 colours, but can't pull it off. Might try expanding palette to get it more natural. Not sure how these will interact with the animations, will do some testing later. Could also have a go at something avian.

Update: I filled out the Actor1 animation array and the penii seem to work fine, except that during the missionary position the nubs on the side of the feline seems to disappear, but only for that position:

Spoiler

nonubs.png

It also happens with the base of the equine, but it's less noticable. My actor1 arrays:

genitalfeline.png

53bgenital.png

I assume there's a draw-off limit in the missionary Actor2. I'll probably have to remove the extra nubs for that position, unless there's an easy way to expand the drawbox?

Edited by RubiconOne
Update
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

4.0.0 update, get your succ on?
Or don't, your choice.

So, what do we get in 4.0?

• Fellatio PoV for humans, if anyone wants to make their own, go ahead! Currently uses Anime Eyes style, do plan to provide a "Vanilla Eyes" in the future. They creep me out but i get people want their beady eyes...
  • Reverse Cowgirl work-in-progress animation for humans.
  • Support to show hairs in PoV Fellatio and Butterfly animations. If none is found, a gendered default can be used.
  • Hopefully this fixes issues Users have with Fellatio in other mods such as Critterbang too!
  • Several changes and tweaks to almost all animations for Humans, if something ain't right, please comment and point it out!

For people looking to make their own supports, this is a better starting point, as the PoV files now all have visible labels to help you know what's what, and i plan to make it all more clear in the future.

Also, mod includes examples on how to support hairs, as 4 human hairs are currently supported, and there are also defaults in place.

2 hours ago, Insaider25 said:

Maybe I don’t understand something, but for some reason, with a fellatio, the dick goes above the head.

Care to share a picture? Also reminder that TemTem's cutscenes replaces the code of this mod, and will likely break it (At least currently)

On 11/9/2022 at 5:00 PM, red3dred said:

Also reminder that TemTem's cutscenes replaces the code of this mod, and will likely break it (At least currently)

I changed the mod priority so the cutscenes mod loads before redux and everything works fine (both mods).

One question, is the reverse cowgirl animation a WIP in terms of it being currently worked on as in not in the game/not ready or not in the code yet? The POV does not draw at all when I enter the position.
(Post Edit): Both facesitting and reverse cowgirl don't draw, but butterfly does and it makes me think they just aren't coded to be drawn yet unless it's a problem on my end.

2 hours ago, SingleForLife said:

I had the same happen to me and removing that mod fixed it

Read above

Edited by MakeAmends
4 hours ago, MakeAmends said:

One question, is the reverse cowgirl animation a WIP in terms of it being currently worked on as in not in the game/not ready or not in the code yet? The POV does not draw at all when I enter the position.
(Post Edit): Both facesitting and reverse cowgirl don't draw, but butterfly does and it makes me think they just aren't coded to be drawn yet unless it's a problem on my end.

It is WIP in the sense that i made the position, setup the frames, and haven't had the chance to test it. It should, in theory, work.

Butterfly isn't supposed to be supported yet, neither is face-sitting, but reverse-cowgirl is. I guess the positions are being supported in the wrong order. I can try to double-check it, just struggling with time and patience.

5 hours ago, red3dred said:

Butterfly isn't supposed to be supported yet, neither is face-sitting, but reverse-cowgirl is. I guess the positions are being supported in the wrong order. I can try to double-check it, just struggling with time and patience.

I have noticed that the last four positions in the sexui have changed order instead of butterfly(5)>fellatio(6)>reverse(7)>face(8), and I only noticed it after messing with the priority. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or if another mod causes that, but it was something I felt should be mentioned. I'm sure everyone loves the work you've done for all of us and none of your work will go unappreciated. Try not to overwork and burn yourself out.

17 minutes ago, MakeAmends said:

I have noticed that the last four positions in the sexui have changed order instead of butterfly(5)>fellatio(6)>reverse(7)>face(8), and I only noticed it after messing with the priority. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or if another mod causes that, but it was something I felt should be mentioned. I'm sure everyone loves the work you've done for all of us and none of your work will go unappreciated. Try not to overwork and burn yourself out.

Less than overwork and burn and more so lack of freedoms elsewhere. At any rate...

The Positions... in the UI? This mod isn't supposed to touch the UI, in fact, that part is "auto-generated" to a degree. Depending on what bed you "sleep on". The order is set in the object, not this mod.

That said, unless you mean something else, then internal name of the position should call the correct animation, it currently wasn't doing that. I changed some files around and i hope it fixed that issue, and if Reverse Cowgirl still has no PoV animation, do shoot a response, please.

17 hours ago, red3dred said:

The Positions... in the UI? This mod isn't supposed to touch the UI, in fact, that part is "auto-generated" to a degree. Depending on what bed you "sleep on". The order is set in the object, not this mod.

That said, unless you mean something else, then internal name of the position should call the correct animation, it currently wasn't doing that. I changed some files around and i hope it fixed that issue, and if Reverse Cowgirl still has no PoV animation, do shoot a response, please.

I don't understand it either, but it was the default standing position and not in any bed.

The issue has been solved but another has sprung up. The reverse cowgirl PoV does in fact work now, however it shows for both the reverse cowgirl and facesitting positions, though I'm sure that's an easy fix.

3 hours ago, MakeAmends said:

I don't understand it either, but it was the default standing position and not in any bed.

The issue has been solved but another has sprung up. The reverse cowgirl PoV does in fact work now, however it shows for both the reverse cowgirl and facesitting positions, though I'm sure that's an easy fix.

Ah. I was looking into the issue, and well... Turns out the reason PoV for face-sitting calls the reverse-cowgirl animation is because the face-sitting position file in the Sexbound API is called "position4_1", which is the name of the reverse-cowgirl position... But only for the property PoV uses pretty much. Everything else, calls it "position4_2"... Oh boi... am i gonna have to replace more of the API's files?

4 hours ago, TeknoStyle555 said:

Hmm, the POV-window doesn't show up for me, weird. I tried it by testing this with an avian but no POV-window. No, nvm, I guess avians don't have support yet. Awesome mod so far.

Yep, finishing up all human animations first, then i can just adapt them to all other races with less hassle. Having to make an animation and then adapt it for every update is a bit more difficult.

That said, i think More Poses has some Avian assets that can be used with this mod in the meanwhile.

10 hours ago, red3dred said:

Yep, finishing up all human animations first, then i can just adapt them to all other races with less hassle. Having to make an animation and then adapt it for every update is a bit more difficult.

That said, i think More Poses has some Avian assets that can be used with this mod in the meanwhile.

Ah okay, wishing you luck on this. And yes, there are avian assets in More Poses.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, GODDAMNBASTARD said:

why doesnt it show during defeat

Because Defeat doesn't open the Sexbound interface for selecting positions and such. Without an interface, i can't call interface elements like the PoV window.

There is an option in Defeat to open the Sexbound Menu while being defeated, but it does not work currently, even if forced on. Otherwise;

On 10/21/2022 at 3:00 AM, red3dred said:

Automatically pops up if both races in the sex animation have PoV support. Otherwise it'll look for "Cutscenes" that only require one support.

• 1 month later...

Well, time to double post it seems.

Things have been progressing slowly and quietly, so i'll just ask for this here, instead of making another poll and overwriting the plans up on the top.

I decided to go "Tall" over "Wide", in the sense that other species supports are on hold until i wrap up the human, then it's just a matter of converting it for all other races. Sounds easier, but some positions offer new challenges.

So i'll leave these two concepts for the frames of "Butterfly" and "Face-sitting" and ask users, what is your feedback? What would you like to see in the PoVs that isn't too far into a niche or another?

Spoiler

1.PNG?token-time=1675036800&token-hash=U

1.PNG?token-time=1675036800&token-hash=V

And any other possible feedback, such as differentiating standing and doggy in animations, unsatisfaction with a position's animation or another, etc.
Polishing Reverse Cowgirl is already in the works, and the patch to fix the other position not showing up is also done, so i really need at the moment, is some direction in feedback department here.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Throw away account said:

wondering if avalis will be added into the list of species that get the pov support for starbound
since avali players are incredibly common

Mayhaps. This is a reply to one of your 4 copy-pasted comments.

I wouldn't mind making, just working on other things first.